How "fast" do you play the game?

I watch the games with normal speed and key moments, and it seems to take forever to complete even one match. Of course I could watch them faster and with less details, but then I wouldn´t notice if my tactics work or not.

Some people say they play for example season 2017/2018, when it takes a looong time for me to get through one season with about 2 hours playing time per day. Do you people go on holiday, do you just skip watching the games, or are you just going on slowly and be patient? I´d really like to get the game going on faster for me with keeping the ability to actually see what happens. Any tips?

i watch the games with the match speed slider about 3/4 aswell and just watching the highlights of the goals. on 08 i got to season 2015/2016 with PSV but that is as far as i have ever been and i dont think i have completed even 2 seasons in 09.

I usually watch extended highlights at slighly quicker than normal speed. Apparently i have been playing 7 days 12 hours 53 mins and im at september 2012 so that will give you an idea as to how slow i play. If thing are going well i tend to go a bit quicker if, things are more dificult i take a lot longer!

For the first time I am playing a save with 10 managers (Wolves, Shef Wed, Coventry, Leicester, Forest, Wrexham, Telford, Wimbledon, Partick Thistle, Llanelli).

I played a season and it's now a week that I am working on the new season (24.06.2009 - 01.07.2009)

This will become a legendary game, hopefully lasting til FM10 is in the shops.

Full Match mode, with speed slider midway.

Usually get time for one (or sometimes two) matches a night when home from work and daily family duties dealt with.

Currently 8 games into my main Southampton save, 15 games into my Bournemouth save, and 3 games into my Poole Town save [edited DB to put them into BSS (and created players to make their real-life squad)].

I like the realism playing in Full mode, and slowly working through matches. In the same way I spend the week looking forward to our real-life games at the weekend, so I spend the day looking forward to our (FM) match when I get home from work. :)

It takes forever and a day, but makes the game feel more 'real-time' for me.

And besides, how many 'real life' football managers do you know, who say to their Assistant's during a match: "Hey, Ass Man, I'm just popping up to the bar for a bit, give me a shout if there's any key highlights I need to see, and I'll rush down and see if I can figure out what's going on". ;)

Match speed a click or two above the middle, extended highlights, but full match for those important cup games (I'm in the CCC with Bishop's Stortford, 2014/2015). My game time says about 17 days, and "your relationship has now expired" on the addictedness rating, definitely made me laugh, although I have left FM open and my computer on standby for a night or two, so all in all, somewhere around 3 full days of game time per season.

Full match speed, only commentary. Using genie scout to find players. Only thing taking time is sending my youth players out on loan. Try to get by as fast as I can. Now in 2024.

Whats the point of playing? if using features of the game get in the way? :thdn:

Rather fast.. I'm in the year 2036 now.. that makes about 27 seasons and the game time is 15 days, 8 hours, 20 minutes.. that averages at 13,7 hours per season. I've played 1572 matches, that averages at 14 minutes per match, and since not all the time in the game is spent playing matches, I would say that I spend 5-10 minutes per match.

But huge games, finals in the championship or other cups, big games in the league and matches like that get more time from me.

I play as fast as possible, I'm not a tactician so I like to create a balanced tactic and then stick with it and zoom through the seasons.

Same. I don't spend a lot of time fiddling with lineups and tactics. I pick a tactic and a starting lineup and go with it. I like to keep things moving along and not get bogged down in one season for too long.

Archived