has anyone managed to sell a player without transfer listing him?

has anyone? other clubs barely make bids for the players and when they do they usually want them for cheap price.ex: they make bid for my player 3.1M so i reply i want 7M for him and they always reject and never negotiate.if 3.1M is their final offer then they should bid again 3.1M and make it non-negotiable not just reject.

in my first save i went till 2015 only 1 player sold without transfer-listing.

second save till 2014 0 players.

Yeah it's quite annoying that. You get inundated with offers for your bright young prospects but it's rare anyone will make a bid for one of your squad players who you might be looking to ship out for a decent fee, and even when they do it's like the OP says they're never usually prepared to pay a market rate for them like you would have to if the roles were reversed.

I never really have that many issues myself, I've sold a fair few players without them being on the transfer list, admittedly it's a hell of alot harder to do so but it does happen. Nine times out of ten it's players that are integral to my plans so therefore are likely to be wanted by "bigger clubs" so therefore they are more likely to want to move to these "bigger clubs" and further their career's! I had 1 save where I sold N'Zogbia while I was at Newcastle to Man Utd for a little over £35m (it was on 08 so was alot higher than it probably would've been on 09)

I've had tons of offers but have managed to fend the ones off I didn't want. Got Man City offering £10m for Obefemi Martins end of first season, I asked for £25m thinking that would put them off, but they agreed and I sold him.

Ah yes, you have the Citeh effect on 09, I was talking about 08 really.

I've had ton's of offers from EPL clubs for my Rangers players in my first 2 seasons. Nearly all of my players are wanted by someone. The first transfer window Man City offerd £3mil for Kevin Thomson, i rejected. And on the last day of the transfer window the offered £5.8mil which i accepted.

I generally get interest in squad players that don't play much, but never get offers until I transfer list or offer out, however, when I do offer him out I can often get much higher than his actual value.

I've had no manager offers yet in 09 without applying, but was offered positions in previous versions.

If you have top, top players, you will gets loads of offers. I have a 'super-team' and I normally have WNT icons by a third of them - all get unwelcome bids and many get annoyed with me for refusing to let them talk. The common thing is that they appear on the rumour/gossip list, then the press stir things up with a suggestion of a selling price that is usually pretty high, then the unwarranted bid comes in.

setting an asking price usually works, setting it high for players you want to keep and reasonable for players you're willing to sell.

this at least means when the press rumours start they qoute your price rather than the imaginary ones they usually use.

Currently in 2013 - I have a few times, from the interested parties - Barca, Ac Milan and Madrid. Top 4 clubs in England are basically shambles but sometimes fork out an offer for one of my players.

Recently Barca offer 18mil for Mathias Fernandez, was valued at 9mil, I didnt need him anymore thanks to Adu, so sold him. He wasnt even transfer listed, just clubs interested.

But I do agree with you that there are a number of 'stupid' bids by the AI teams, but then you would do the same!

Archived