9.3.0 Coach Formula

Ohh, well now I see whats wrong now :) Did some wrong calculate as awa1 said and you Lyssien helped me cleard out what ;). My bad then. But then its pretty hard to get a good trainer for a lower club ? Aint it ? And really, how many good trainers are their out their ?

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

exactly they should of made so the best clubs have the best coaches and them coaches would only sign for you if you were better than the clubs they were already at. i think we need a 4th patch to address this problem. hehe

exactly they should of made so the best clubs have the best coaches and them coaches would only sign for you if you were better than the clubs they were already at. i think we need a 4th patch to address this problem. hehe

Definitely.;)

The big clubs have enough advantages as it is, and with the myriad of more-volatile-than-a-mum-on-the-rag confidence sliders, the game's hard enough.

• Administrators

Let's be honest though guys, how many seven star 'top' players are there in the game? These should be very very rare and that's why it's much harder to get them. Honestly though 3-4 stars is now a very good solid coaching team.

seriously, i hate maths, but great post

but playing as a Small Club ( ie: FC Zurich ), i cant get the star past 5 now, its just impossible to try and get the World Class Coach from teams such as Madrid, Manutd, Arsenal etc

all i can get is coach from some lower rep clubs and of course wont do 7* ( now i have a 4/5/6 max )

but hey, if the SI Poster says 3-4 stars is now considered a solid coaching team, im happy with mine XD

Just a little remark:

Defensive:

def * 8 + (tac + ddm) * 3 => 11:3

Attack:

att * 6 + tac * 3 + ddm * 2 => 9:2

In the most categories the proportion of special attribute training to general training ability is 9:2

Why is the general training ability in the defense category gentrified? Wouldn't it make more sense to set it the same proportion as the Attack category? (Or the other way round)

blimey - it would have been nice for this update to have been explained b4 auto updating my game via steam as i have just spent a fortune on securing excellent 7 star coaches in the old mode as i am havant n waterlooville in the championship and im on a very very tight budget - this has now ruined my training plans!!! - but at least i know now - cheers for the explanation guys :-)

Paul Barron, Newcastle- 7 star GK coach. If you offer him a full time coach contract he accepts.

Andy Renshaw, Bolton- 7 star fitness coach. Same as above in terms of contract.

Joe Jordan, Tottenham- 6 star in a few things. Not sure what you would do to get him as I have him already.

Making filters would be pointless, as the amount the criteria can change would mean it would take hours to save them all, ages to upload and a while looking through. Easier to post staff IMO.

It's not greatly clear, but I will try to answer it.

Mentality, either with tactics or the attribute, has no effect with coaches unless you appoint an ass man and go on holiday/get a match ban. Then he will implement his tactic (unless you specifically tell him not to) to play. I don't know what you mean by coaching style, and what kind of training they do.

wth imho this has ruined the game u now need to have a degree in maths to get a decent coaching team

No, they've changed it so that you don't need to have a degree in maths to get a decent coaching team. The stars now tell you something useful about a coach's overall ability.

I've made an Excel spreadsheet where you put the stats for the coaches in and it tells you the star ratings, whether it's 7, 6, 5 or less than 5. I can upload it if anyone wants a copy?

yes please! :)

it takes me ages to try and work it out manually..

It's not greatly clear, but I will try to answer it.

Mentality, either with tactics or the attribute, has no effect with coaches unless you appoint an ass man and go on holiday/get a match ban. Then he will implement his tactic (unless you specifically tell him not to) to play. I don't know what you mean by coaching style, and what kind of training they do.

Each coach has a coaching style, it's in the same area where it tells you his mentality and preferred formation.

Good work AJetsOf.

I have created a spreadsheet that does all the maths for you. You just have to enter the coach details in the "Coaches" sheet and then look at the "Stars" sheet to see what rating it gives.

http://drop.io/footballmanager

Once you have entered a few coaches can you send me the sheet and will merge them into one so it is easy to see the best coaches in the future.

Thanks,

hey all,

some useful information here, good excel sheet to make it easier.

but still, finding a 6 or even 7 star coach is nearly impossible or at least very time consuming!

i wish that the game itself could calculate all this instead of us inserting the attributes into the excel sheet or calculating it through some difficult maths, well, it's not that difficult it's just time consuming!

some kind of filter in-game that let's you choose the training attribute (like goalkeeping e.g.) and kind of rating the coach should have (5, 6 or 7) would make things less time consuming and a lot more easier! or even a list at the coach profile that says what kind of ratings he has for the different training sections...

inserting all the attributes into the sheet for every coach or any person that would be able to train your players is just madness!

I've spent all day finding 6 and 7 star coaches as Liverpool. Still, I have 5 star coaches only for Ball Control, Attacking, Shooting and Set Pieces. All the other's, I have 6 star. I could only find 1 7-star coach for Fitness, Goalkeeping and Tactics. I offered them the most money the board would let me, and they want a more lucrative salary! :(

That's a good idea, but we have other unofficial programs like Genie Scout for that. I bet one for 9.3.0 is in development now.

Think the point is is that it was broke or at least unrealistic, like has been said already it doesn't suddenly mean you have bad coaches what was unrealistic was a coach having attributes of say 17 in say defensive coaching and below 10 in everything else and having 7 stars.

4 and 5 stars is still not bad at all for your coaches and hasn't stopped me from winning everything on my game.

I don't understand why this is so difficult to understand. As jaylg has just said, this doesn't mean that your coaches have suddenly gotten worse overnight. What you are seeing now is a better representation of how good your coaches actually are. This should, if anything, help you. If you had a 7 star coach previously, and now he is being shown as a lot less, maybe you need to consider that he wasn't actually that good in the first place, and you should replace him. This isn't rocket science, it's actually a pretty easy concept to grasp, and amidst all the niggles over FM2009, I think this is a really good move by SI

you know what? im playing FM man...

im not doing A maths for some holy entry high level exam......

this is so 'awesomely' done up by sigames

When you play strategy games on a computer the fundamentals inevitably reduce to mathematics. The only reason you think you are not doing A maths is either because you have not grasped the coding, or the interface between player and game hides the mechanics well.

What I have found at lower league level as a consequence of the change is that it now appears to be pointless to appoint a coach as well as an assman. In Italy Serie C2, for example, if you get Massimo Neri as your assman you end up with all coaching at 3 stars even if he does the lot. The coaching load still appears as 'light', which seems peculiar and adding a coach doesn't seem to make any difference to the star ratings.

This means that one assman can coach the entire first team, the reserves and the youth squad for everything. Why doesn't this make him overworked?

Guys, I developed an Excel sheet where you can put the coach's attributes and it returns how many stars he is at every trainning category.

Here're the links to download:

Download Rapidshare

Download Megaupload

Download Easyshare

Download Bandongo

I'm not quiet sure if I can post it here (but I can't see why not :) ), so if it is somehow agains the rules, fell free to delete my post :)

I've downloaded it mmfaria from rapidshare but it won't open - when i get to select the language it says it won't translate - then nothing opens after another error message - i have a vista laptop and that daft microsoft office spreadsheet programme - is there an excel spreadsheet that will open on my laptop?

hmm

Wait like 5 minutes. I'll translate it here and upload an english version ;)

I made it with Excel 2007, but with compatibility mode for excel 2003 (most people use this version).

brb. :)

Archived