i quit FM, my players won't listen... and AI superplayers...

i've always been playing with big teams in FM08 and got tired so i restarted the game and picked up a team from the bottom of the league i usually play.

i managed to sign some good players like piatti,alejandro gomez and stancu but no matter what tactics i used, whatever i say in halftime my players will play like dumbs,

morale is awesome, phisical condition is good but they can't make a good pass, they can't make a good cross, they can't make a good tackle, they can't score a goal...

i tell them play fast, and with counter attack but they just wait for the AI players to catch them, on another hand the AI wingers will run like bullets in counter attacks.

i tell them play with normal tempo and long passes, they will just pass the ball to someplace where there is noone, on another hand AI players always pass the ball to another AI player

i tell them use soft tackle and they will still make fouls and see yellow cards (my players arent agressive btw) on another hand AI keeps kiling my players and tackling from behind and dont get yellow cards

every cross AI player makes will be received by another AI player even if that player doesnt have good jumping and heading atrributes...

AI player will always make godly tackles under pressure and ball will go somewhere next to an AI player, but when my players try to to that the ball will always go to AI player....

AI superkeepers every game...

lucky AI strikers, my keeper saves the ball and then suddenly a super slow player with crappy mental stats will outrun my fast defenders...

i've always been playing with big teams in FM08 and got tired so i restarted the game and picked up a team from the bottom of the league i usually play.

i managed to sign some good players like piatti,alejandro gomez and stancu but no matter what tactics i used, whatever i say in halftime my players will play like dumbs,

morale is awesome, phisical condition is good but they can't make a good pass, they can't make a good cross, they can't make a good tackle, they can't score a goal...

i tell them play fast, and with counter attack but they just wait for the AI players to catch them, on another hand the AI wingers will run like bullets in counter attacks.

i tell them play with normal tempo and long passes, they will just pass the ball to someplace where there is noone, on another hand AI players always pass the ball to another AI player

i tell them use soft tackle and they will still make fouls and see yellow cards (my players arent agressive btw) on another hand AI keeps kiling my players and tackling from behind and dont get yellow cards

every cross AI player makes will be received by another AI player even if that player doesnt have good jumping and heading atrributes...

AI player will always make godly tackles under pressure and ball will go somewhere next to an AI player, but when my players try to to that the ball will always go to AI player....

lucky AI strikers, my keeper saves the ball and then suddenly a super slow player with crappy mental stats will outrun my fast defenders...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeathSpawn:

btw is there any way to delete my registration at the forum? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No need to deregister, just dont post- You could always get banned if you want to be unable to post!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by reo hustler:

Just lower the difficulty on the game.

Stop AI discrimination. They didn't do anything to you! It has feelings too! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Class icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeathSpawn:

lucky AI strikers, my keeper saves the ball and then suddenly a super slow player with crappy mental stats will outrun my fast defenders... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Being serious...it probably IS your tactics. I mean, you couldn't get Bradford (No offence to City fans) to play like Arsenal. Certain tactics suit certain sides.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrazT:

btw is there any way to delete my registration at the forum? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No need to deregister, just dont post- You could always get banned if you want to be unable to post! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That did make me laugh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by safc4eva:

Being serious...it probably IS your tactics. I mean, you couldn't get Bradford (No offence to City fans) to play like Arsenal. Certain tactics suit certain sides. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i know it's my tactics but there are things i dont understand:

1- alejandro+piatti+stancu played in my big team and played very good but now in this smaller team with same tactics they will act like dumbs

2- my team needs a couple of games until they can fit into another tactic however most of times when any AI team plays against me it will change their usual tactics and it's players will still play very well...

In fairness, it has been highlighted that possibly club reputation might play a bigger role than expected. It's something that's been discussed in the forums, though whether or not there's any basis to this, I can't say as i've managed to out-perform bigger clubs with smaller clubs in a number of saves.

Many people will say it's the tactics. Essentially this is true, but the game is more complex these days with the media and morale aspects. Admittedly, they need further development perhaps, but there's plenty of guides within the forums that can help you get the best out of virtually any team.

The most important thing I think anyone needs to play FM is patience. If you sign virtually a new squad of players, intruduce new (or continually fiddle with) tactics, no team is going to gel overnight.

With the benefit of the depth and mix of advice from fellow players on the forums, I personally can't see how anyone can go wrong.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heathxxx:

The most important thing I think anyone needs to play FM is patience. If you sign virtually a new squad of players, intruduce new (or continually fiddle with) tactics, no team is going to gel overnight.

With the benefit of the depth and mix of advice from fellow players on the forums, I personally can't see how anyone can go wrong. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well i never had problems with smaller teams on other FMs but with FM08 i can't do anything with small teams. when i play with bigger teams i dont really spend much time with tactics but i still win and i was happy with the game... now with smaller teams i can't do anything and i don't want a game where i need to read and study other poeple's advices, i already have many things in my head and don't need a game to make my head worst then it is so that's why i'm leaving... if a wanted a complex game i would be playing chess or Go icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neil220779:

Players play better with better players around them. You can't sign 2 or 3 good players(the ones you metion are not great, they just have the potential to be), surround them with average players and expect wonders. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

in the league i play they are already good to fit in main team and i dont expect wonders, i just expect them to make 10 goal chances and score at least one goal... and don't even talk about the time they need to fit into the main team because any player on AI teams always plays well in his first games... especially if they play against my bigger team...

How much of this does the mentality of the players have to do with it? (I mean whether they expect to win or not?)

If they are going into a game thinking "Well we just have to keep the score down" (which I'd bet the squad decides on the basis of the match odds given before the game) they aren't likely to be as positive as the team that thinks they have a game on their hands.

Add to that your team talks. If you are demanding wins when they think they'll need luck to drawn, you can expect that to add to the effect.

Whine won't fix it. The whole game is a mathematic function. The AI teams are run under the same environmental conditions as your team. Suck it up and fix it... the designers do not purposely cheat you out of games... why would they?

When you were winning I bet you weren't worrying about how the AI teams were getting cheated out of games.

So the same players are meant to play at the same level, but with very different sides?

Won't happen. Walsall signed Wayne Clarke, Neil Pointon and Kevin MacDonald years ago. Good players, all. But you know, they never hit the heights that they had with Everton, Oldham, or Liverpool. Dunno why...could be that they were good players in an average side. Had they been in a good one...who knows?

A player can only add to what is there, and three good players can't be expected to carry another eight donkeys. Also, expectation will be an issue. They might join a good team thinking 'We can win stuff here', but a lower team thinking 'We might be able to keep them up. Maybe.'

Also, the OP doesn't say anything about coaches. Maybe the coaches at the lower club aren't as good, maybe because better coaches won't come, maybe because the club has all it can afford. A poor coach will have an effect on the player - in some cases, a drastic one.

There are all sorts of things to consider, just like IRL.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">DeathSpawn </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

DeathSpawn, are you suggesting that Artificial Intelligence is more intelligent than you?

I can not believe that.

If it doesn’t work out: study websites and forums. Try something different.

You can learn chess in 10 minutes but it takes years to play chess.

I personally think that managing a lower league club can sometimes be easier than managing a big club.

Tactically speaking though, you're never going to have much success with a flair based tactics that work supremely for teams like Manchester United or Barcelona.

At lower levels, keep it simple and don't ever expect too much of individual players.

Archived