[China] Data Issues

Simon Tipple

• SI Staff

Please post any data issues related to China here.

As much of the data is subjective we’d ask that you respect everyone’s opinion and accept that the final decision is that of our club researchers and our heads of research.          

We also request you please adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:

·        State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.              

·        State what you think the data should be.                            

·        State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.                         

Please note that any non-data issues for China should be posted in the appropriate thread within the League Specific Issues forum. This would include issues such as league scheduling, league table sorting rules and match rules.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm playing in China as Wuhan Three Towns, having holidayed the first season and taking them over after they got promoted.  Having completed two seasons my U19 team hasn't played a single league fixture, only appearing in the U19 FA Cup.  Having looked at the U19 leagues, it seems to be closed off to only those teams that begin the game with a team there.  I'm just wondering if this is correct because I'm doing a youth only challenge and I don't enjoy having a basically pointless U19 squad

8 hours ago, Flashman\'s School Days said:

I'm playing in China as Wuhan Three Towns, having holidayed the first season and taking them over after they got promoted.  Having completed two seasons my U19 team hasn't played a single league fixture, only appearing in the U19 FA Cup.  Having looked at the U19 leagues, it seems to be closed off to only those teams that begin the game with a team there.  I'm just wondering if this is correct because I'm doing a youth only challenge and I don't enjoy having a basically pointless U19 squad

Can you log it as a bug in the league specific issues, along with uploading your save so that they can take a look into it. I don't believe this would be a data issue.

[China] (Official) League Specific Issues - League Specific Issues - Sports Interactive Community (sigames.com)

On 05/12/2020 at 15:47, santy001 said:

Can you log it as a bug in the league specific issues, along with uploading your save so that they can take a look into it. I don't believe this would be a data issue.

[China] (Official) League Specific Issues - League Specific Issues - Sports Interactive Community (sigames.com)

Mate due to Covid the 2020 youth league was largely compromised, with Three Town's youth team didn't appear much in previous youth league season their U19 team by this version is by default not participating in U19 league. However I am not yet clarified by out other departments that if it's supposed to have it coded for clubs as such trying to sign their youth teams up to national U19 league?

On 07/12/2020 at 07:26, TheQueenMalkova said:

Hi I'm playing with Xinjiang Tianshan Leopard which is a team located in Xinjiang. However in my youth intakes, there are no Xinjiang Uighur players?? Please fix this, past titles I think had the same issue for not having any Uighur youth players as well. 

Please rather report to feature thread, until there is a function developed to clarify different ethnicity in a region/country, there is no method to create newgen of certain ethnicity with ethnical names. Similar issue was raised in Jan 2020 already and we are aware such a function is needed for development in long term.

2 hours ago, Cevik58 said:

I think Anderson Talisca's height and weight are misspelled. Normally it is called 1.90 height and 80 kilos. The game is 1.88 height and 78 kilos. @FM-China

We never touched his height since he transferred in, please forward to Turkish or Brazilian research/thread for their consult 

• SI Staff
56 minutes ago, FM-China said:

We never touched his height since he transferred in, please forward to Turkish or Brazilian research/thread for their consult 

A differential in heights and weights of 2cm or 2kg is generally nothing to worry about (particularly weight which can fluctuate more). You will see differences reported in heights and weights across lots of sources for many players which can be down to many factors.  Sometimes the owning team  may want their players to be reported as bigger or smaller than they actually are to try to gain an advantage over opposing teams!

TEAM RIVALY MISSING

I would like to post that the Fierce rivalry between Guizhou Hengfeng and Beijing Renhe should be included. I believe this may have been an oversight as I am sure it was in past versions.

REASON: Beijing Renhe was previously called Guizhou Renhe (after Guizhou province in which it was based) and was the major football team in Guizhou. From 2012-2016 it became one of the most highly supported teams in the whole of the country even outside of the top super league, with the fans very passionate. Before this they were located in Shanghai but Guizhou didnt have their own team and they were sponsored by Guizhou Maotai (a local alcohol producer), with some of the owners from Guizhou. Also the local leaders in Guiyang (Guizhou capital city) allowed the team to play in the new Guiyang city olympic stadium. The rivalry comes when the owners suddenly and against supporters wishes decided to move the team to Beijing for financial and commercial reasons making the fans here in Guizhou very bitter and there has been a strong hatred for Beijing Renhe since.

Most of the fans now support Guzhou Hengfeng and have a very strong rivalry and hate fro Beijing Renhe. Guizhou Hengfeng are one of the best supported teams in the first division and outside the big teams. Therefore I believe the rivalry should be included and any researcher based in China would know this very well and I believe it has been missed by a mistake.

Edited by JWB935

On 14/12/2020 at 21:42, Woodg SI said:

A differential in heights and weights of 2cm or 2kg is generally nothing to worry about (particularly weight which can fluctuate more). You will see differences reported in heights and weights across lots of sources for many players which can be down to many factors.  Sometimes the owning team  may want their players to be reported as bigger or smaller than they actually are to try to gain an advantage over opposing teams!

I checked such difference recently, in China at least it needs farther check looking at photos comparing with players with sure height sometimes. Talisca doesn't have a considerable difference but there are some other cases indeed, will follow it on

On 14/12/2020 at 22:21, JWB935 said:

TEAM RIVALY MISSING

I would like to post that the Fierce rivalry between Guizhou Hengfeng and Beijing Renhe should be included. I believe this may have been an oversight as I am sure it was in past versions.

REASON: Beijing Renhe was previously called Guizhou Renhe (after Guizhou province in which it was based) and was the major football team in Guizhou. From 2012-2016 it became one of the most highly supported teams in the whole of the country even outside of the top super league, with the fans very passionate. Before this they were located in Shanghai but Guizhou didnt have their own team and they were sponsored by Guizhou Maotai (a local alcohol producer), with some of the owners from Guizhou. Also the local leaders in Guiyang (Guizhou capital city) allowed the team to play in the new Guiyang city olympic stadium. The rivalry comes when the owners suddenly and against supporters wishes decided to move the team to Beijing for financial and commercial reasons making the fans here in Guizhou very bitter and there has been a strong hatred for Beijing Renhe since.

Most of the fans now support Guzhou Hengfeng and have a very strong rivalry and hate fro Beijing Renhe. Guizhou Hengfeng are one of the best supported teams in the first division and outside the big teams. Therefore I believe the rivalry should be included and any researcher based in China would know this very well and I believe it has been missed by a mistake.

Well spotted indeed but since there were personnel changes we are not able to retrace to the setting behind this missing rivalry now, and whether or not there is legitimate reason not to include it/remove it(maybe the boards are/were actually friendly mutually, given the transfer of Nikica Jelavic from Renhe to Hengfeng couple years ago). 

However we can ensure if Renhe is still running in reality in next season that this will be fixed given the widespread celebration by Guizhou fans upon Renhe's recent relegation and possible dissolve.

• 5 weeks later...
On 24/12/2020 at 12:04, Viking said:

Should'nt Tyias Browning have a English second nationality?

Edit: Seems like he has one in the editor, but not in the game.

Just checked, he has in database. Could this be rather some display issue you encountered?

• 1 month later...

I imagine most updates for China will be done after transfer deadline, anyway in 21.3 patch Alex Teixeira is still playing for Jiangsu Suning while IRL has been unattached since start of 2021.

• SI Staff
20 hours ago, kandersson said:

I imagine most updates for China will be done after transfer deadline, anyway in 21.3 patch Alex Teixeira is still playing for Jiangsu Suning while IRL has been unattached since start of 2021.

Cheers for spotting that. This one should be sorted for the next data update we can do.

16 hours ago, Ed Hewison said:

Cheers for spotting that. This one should be sorted for the next data update we can do.

Worth mentioning that he might have joined Al-Nassr (a club in KSA) by then - providing that club have paid transfer monies owed to Galatasary for a previous player.

This is quite fluid as if they make the payment, they are then free to sign Teixeira (if all parties still want to). Worth checking his status again just before the update goes live.

https://alkhaleejtoday.co/sport/5577440/Al-Nassr’s-flying-form-could-be-overshadowed-by-new-3-window-transfer-ban.html

On another note for SI to consider: Not sure if the Al-Nassr transfer ban is in 21.3 or in fact whether it should be? It may have been removed by the time the latest update goes out, so a no-win situation really.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure I understand the decision to keep Jiangsu in the game even after latest update 21.4. The team has ceased operations at the end of february and is no longer part of CSL (or any other competition). In 21.4 they're still in CSL ready to start 2021 season, and retain all their players while they've actually been released (the likes of Miranda and Eder have both signed with Sao Paulo). Any plan to update their status?

• SI Staff
8 hours ago, kandersson said:

Not sure I understand the decision to keep Jiangsu in the game even after latest update 21.4. The team has ceased operations at the end of february and is no longer part of CSL (or any other competition). In 21.4 they're still in CSL ready to start 2021 season, and retain all their players while they've actually been released (the likes of Miranda and Eder have both signed with Sao Paulo). Any plan to update their status?

By the time we closed off our data (28/02) it was not clear what would actually happen here. There were really three likely possibilities with either Jiangsu being liquidated (made extinct) and replaced, failing registration and being put in a lower division or being put into administration or taken over and staying in its league. Each of these would have had different consequences and different way to deal with it in terms of data and coding.

We decided the best course of action was to leave the club as it was as of 28/02

This was our last planned update for FM 2021 so at this stage there are no further plans to put out further data updates. At some point we have to draw a a line with the changes we make in order to get a fully tested update released in a timely manner.

• 1 month later...
On 14/12/2020 at 12:57, Cevik58 said:

I think Anderson Talisca's height and weight are misspelled. Normally it is called 1.90 height and 80 kilos. The game is 1.88 height and 78 kilos. @FM-China

If I did not see it wrong, it looks like I wrote on the club site.

• 3 months later...

Some issues about Chongqing Liangjiang's club icons.

1. There is a Chris Klein in Chonfgqing's icon name list, with a person page linked. But I check this Chris Klein' playing history, and he played nowhere out of the USA. So then I went on to check up on old news reports about Chongqing foreign player Chris and found this Chris Killen who played at Chongqing for two years with 23 goals. So in my humble opinion, this Chris should be the Chris Chongqing fans really love.

Please check:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Klein_(soccer)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Killen

https://sports.sohu.com/20121016/n354997631.shtml (Sorry this link is too old, this looks somewhat strange)

2. Another Chongqing's icon, Miroslav Bičanić. This Croatian midfielder is indeed a city hero in Chongqing. But I found him in the database as a non-player person with random attributes, while in real life he decided to take up a job as a footballers agent.

Please check:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/miroslav-bicanic/beraterfirma/berater/2003

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miroslav_Bičanić

Thank you for reading this.

Edited by jamesorochi
Add the links