[Scotland] (Official) League Specific Issues

Dan Ormsby

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/11/2020 at 15:51, tosberg said:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/1849/suspensions-for-players-in-mens-football-annex-c-section-4.pdf

Part C, 2 

"Accumulation of two cautionable offences in the William Hill Scottish Cup for clubs who enter the competition after Round 3 (caution totals revert to zero prior to start of semi-final rounds)"

Has this been looked into? Thought i should also point out that this is the case for all cup competitions in Scotland so applies to league cup and challenge cup as well. 

The Scottish youth cup still appears to be missing? I brought this up during FM 18 and was told it would be added to the next version. Also should there not be an option for the youth teams in the advanced league to move up into the elite table? I know they play each other but the points only go towards each table they are in. So for instance if Dundee united became successful again and could invest more money into their youth team who are in the advanced league then IRL they would be moved into the elite league to be judges against the old firm etc so would be good if that option was available in the game especially if you want to take a Clyde or Queen’s Park from the bottom to the top but end up having your youth team playing against the same bottom level teams they start the game in.

11 hours ago, The Lower League Manager said:

All of a sudden I can't continue because game has said players need registering. 

Tried to register them as per normal via he squad screen but there is no way to accept and continue 

Screenshot 2020-11-15 at 17.10.57.png

Screenshot 2020-11-15 at 17.13.00.png

I have the same issue. When I raised it in here a few posts back, an SI member of staff said they didn't understand the problem but also that it was normal. It isn't normal

• SI Staff
18 hours ago, The Lower League Manager said:

All of a sudden I can't continue because game has said players need registering. 

Tried to register them as per normal via he squad screen but there is no way to accept and continue 

Could you please provide a save to the SI Cloud Server where you are unable to select your players at this point? You can do so by following the instructions listed below:

If you have a save file just before the new year, that would be very helpful. Thank you.

Hi, 

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but at the start of the second season, all of the other clubs in Scottish Premiership haven't registered most of their players. This is the same issue for all four Scottish leagues. These are the 17 foreign player restrictions that come in after Brexit. Thanks. 

55 minutes ago, adammack said:

Hi, 

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but at the start of the second season, all of the other clubs in Scottish Premiership haven't registered most of their players. This is the same issue for all four Scottish leagues. These are the 17 foreign player restrictions that come in after Brexit. Thanks. 

Yep, same issue in my save.

image.thumb.png.46ed87f0a890f2a9dd9ca97e5dfe3b44.png

1 minute ago, toon army 06 said:

Managing Hearts in the Scottish Championship, now 1st January it says to register players. I try but all it says is "Testing changes only", which I can't click on.

A bug or something I'm missing?

hearts.jpg

I saw that "testing changes only" button. I went out of the registration and then back in and it seemed to fix itself i'm sure

• SI Staff
43 minutes ago, toon army 06 said:

Same problem for me in the Championship. 

hearts.jpg

Do you have a save file at this point that you could provide us to the SI Cloud Server using the instructions below? Also, have you used any editor files? Thanks

• SI Staff
On 15/11/2020 at 17:13, The Lower League Manager said:

53 minutes ago, toon army 06 said:

Managing Hearts in the Scottish Championship, now 1st January it says to register players. I try but all it says is "Testing changes only", which I can't click on.

A bug or something I'm missing?

hearts.jpg

12 hours ago, Garageflower said:

I have the same issue. When I raised it in here a few posts back, an SI member of staff said they didn't understand the problem but also that it was normal. It isn't normal

Would be incredibly useful if one of the users experiencing this problem were able to provide us a save from before this issue occurs.  We are not able to reproduce this issue internally, on either our latest internal code, or in the code that you guys are using in the pre-release beta.  It just isn't happening for us and we are able to register squads fine.  So really need a save showing you not being able to register the squad in order for us to work out what is happening.

The actual registration itself is a legitimate registration following Brexit, though I appreciate it isn't communicated to the user very well in game.

30 minutes ago, Dan Ormsby said:

Would be incredibly useful if one of the users experiencing this problem were able to provide us a save from before this issue occurs.  We are not able to reproduce this issue internally, on either our latest internal code, or in the code that you guys are using in the pre-release beta.  It just isn't happening for us and we are able to register squads fine.  So really need a save showing you not being able to register the squad in order for us to work out what is happening.

The actual registration itself is a legitimate registration following Brexit, though I appreciate it isn't communicated to the user very well in game.

I'm still on the same day it happened, if that helps? Or are you meaning basically a back up of the same save?

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, toon army 06 said:

I'm still on the same day it happened, if that helps? Or are you meaning basically a back up of the same save?

So you are still in a position where you cannot register the players?  Or you have now progressed past this?  

We need a save provided with the issue present in the save, or even better, just before it occurs.

Just now, Dan Ormsby said:

So you are still in a position where you cannot register the players?  Or you have now progressed past this?  

We need a save provided with the issue present in the save, or even better, just before it occurs.

Yea still on that position, how do I upload my save?

3 hours ago, adammack said:

Hi, 

Just an update to this, I quit the game and went back on and then continued on a few days, and that has seemed to sort the problem out. It only affected the first game of the season.

• SI Staff
8 hours ago, jimbo22 said:

This isnt a Scottish league issue, but the scheduling of one of my Europa League games is off. The Napoli game is on a  Sunday. 

europa.PNG

This would need to go in the Europe issues thread, but I do believe it is already a known issue.  Check that thread.  Thanks.

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, Garageflower said:

A couple of strange transfer window dates in the inbox item, but once the new season starts they are not present in the league rules section.264946347_Rulechanges.thumb.png.695747b4f1983fb4075f52e81e893a53.png

Rule changes 1.png

This is a known issue, thanks.  Fixed internally ahead of the full release.

I have set my Director of Football to initiate player signings for 1st team, reserves and U18s, but it seems he is negotiating contracts too, when I have chosen to do that role myself. I searched for the news item from when the offer was accepted and contract negotiations should begin, I must have skipped past it. Usually you would not be able to continue without an action like negotiating the contract or asking your director to do so. has this changed?

contract.png

responsibilities.png

news item.png

• SI Staff
4 minutes ago, Garageflower said:

I have set my Director of Football to initiate player signings for 1st team, reserves and U18s, but it seems he is negotiating contracts too, when I have chosen to do that role myself. I searched for the news item from when the offer was accepted and contract negotiations should begin, I must have skipped past it. Usually you would not be able to continue without an action like negotiating the contract or asking your director to do so. has this changed?

contract.png

responsibilities.png

news item.png

This issue is for issues relating to the league specifically only. Please post this in the forum below. Thanks

https://community.sigames.com/forum/804-transfers-contracts-scouting-recruitment-meetings-and-staff-responsibilities/ 

• SI Staff
14 hours ago, aaronmcginn1 said:

Not sure if this has been posted yet but the news headline 'Relief for (club) as they secure survival' is used when a team avoids finishing 12th in the Premiership despite still having a relegation playoff to play.

This is a media & news issue, please post about this in the gameplay forum.  Thanks.

In the second season of an online save in the top flight of scotland and all the other clubs seem to have not registered there players properly for the new season.

This is about 4 games in to the new season. Not sure if this is a Scotland only issue. 

image.thumb.png.e17a94a4eff610b50fda4670ad2431da.png

The % of wages English Premiership want covered by Scottish Premiership clubs is ridiculous. Billy Gilmour is on £20k a week and they want 100% from Dundee United but then loan to Hearts in Scottish Championship for a £31k loan fee. Even at 50%-60% it would be unrealistic but at least achievable in the game.

I've also just watched Kenny McLean go on loan from Norwich to Aberdeen (Scottish Premiership) for £4,300pw (20%) whereas when I made an offer as Dundee Utd, they wanted £17,200 a week (80%). Not a level playing field. 

At the SPL League split, if you have played a team away twice and home once during the regular group of 33 games, shouldn't you play them at home if they are in your league split group, so by the end of the season you have played 19 home and 19 away games?

I have a save where I have went Rangers and I played 16 home and 17 away before the split, Celtic played 17 home and 16 away, after the split I have 2 home games and 3 away, so will have played 18 home and 20 away games, Celtic will end up playing 20 home games and 18 away games.

I am not an expert of the SPL, so I might be wrong, but that surely doesn't make sense to play 3 away games against some teams and only 1 home game over a season.

6 hours ago, PengYou said:

At the SPL League split, if you have played a team away twice and home once during the regular group of 33 games, shouldn't you play them at home if they are in your league split group, so by the end of the season you have played 19 home and 19 away games?

I have a save where I have went Rangers and I played 16 home and 17 away before the split, Celtic played 17 home and 16 away, after the split I have 2 home games and 3 away, so will have played 18 home and 20 away games, Celtic will end up playing 20 home games and 18 away games.

I am not an expert of the SPL, so I might be wrong, but that surely doesn't make sense to play 3 away games against some teams and only 1 home game over a season.

The split can do weird things and you can get 3 away and 1 home but the top two are usually equal 

8 hours ago, PengYou said:

Could you upload a save game that shows this issue? Here's how: 

• SI Staff
14 hours ago, tosberg said:

The % of wages English Premiership want covered by Scottish Premiership clubs is ridiculous. Billy Gilmour is on £20k a week and they want 100% from Dundee United but then loan to Hearts in Scottish Championship for a £31k loan fee. Even at 50%-60% it would be unrealistic but at least achievable in the game.

I've also just watched Kenny McLean go on loan from Norwich to Aberdeen (Scottish Premiership) for £4,300pw (20%) whereas when I made an offer as Dundee Utd, they wanted £17,200 a week (80%). Not a level playing field. 

This is an issue that needs posting on the transfers & contracts forum.  Thanks.