[Scotland] (Official) League Specific Issues

Dan Ormsby

• SI Staff

Please post any specific issues for Scotland competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for Scotland should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• SI Staff
20 minutes ago, GavCFC1 said:

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but Scottish Cup semi finals were scheduled for 31st Oct and 1st Nov, final 20th Dec between Aberdeen/Celtic and Hearts/Hibs.

This is one of the unique situations caused by the Covid-19 situation that we can't account for I'm afraid, so these matches will not be featured in FM21.

9 minutes ago, rossdmc said:

Hi

Premiership subs allowed in a match is currently at 5. The game would not allow me to make more than 3.

Cheers

Can you confirm, that you made the three subs in less than 3 different stages (not including half time).  The rule states that there is 5 subs allowed, but only 3 stoppages not including half time. 

8 minutes ago, ATW said:

Can you confirm, that you made the three subs in less than 3 different stages (not including half time).  The rule states that there is 5 subs allowed, but only 3 stoppages not including half time. 

I'll check this on my next go

29 minutes ago, ATW said:

ignore me, I tried making subs on more than 3 separate windows outside of HT

Hi everyone, 

In this french thread the user raised an error (?) about the scottish rules.

He says that Scotland is the only country where there are 3 possible substitutions. (https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54353395)

He attached a screenshot where we can see the problem. I asked him the same screenshot inn english if needed.

Are you aware about this issue ?

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, but i'm not exactly sure where the issue is coming from. Started a game as Arbroath and I don't have an Assistant Manager. I'm thinking that Ian Campbell automatically leaves with Dick Campbell, but it's seeming to lead to Arbroath not having an Assistant Manager as a listed position. It won't allow me to sign an Assistant without getting rid of another coach.

• SI Staff
6 minutes ago, Mpage2701 said:

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, but i'm not exactly sure where the issue is coming from. Started a game as Arbroath and I don't have an Assistant Manager. I'm thinking that Ian Campbell automatically leaves with Dick Campbell, but it's seeming to lead to Arbroath not having an Assistant Manager as a listed position. It won't allow me to sign an Assistant without getting rid of another coach.

Not the right forum.  If you think Arbroath should have a particular assistant manager set at game start, this is for the Database & Research forum.  If there is an issue with being able to sign staff this is for the relevantly named gameplay forum.  Thanks.

Hi Guys, I'm the French dude who posted about the subs bug in the Scottish Championship. Here's the same screen as my post in french but in English this time. It should be only 3 as the clubs voted against the proposition to allow 5 subs contrary to Premiership, League One & League Two  (https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54353395)

It's not a big deal as it's more helping the clubs. 

Wish you all the best and good luck with all the posts guys.

Bug Scottish.png

1 hour ago, Tolol16 said:

Hi Guys, I'm the French dude who posted about the subs bug in the Scottish Championship. Here's the same screen as my post in french but in English this time. It should be only 3 as the clubs voted against the proposition to allow 5 subs contrary to Premiership, League One & League Two  (https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54353395)

Thanks mate.  Yeah this was picked up so hopefully fingers crossed the Championship will be correct come the final release.  They are also missing their Administration punishment...  ;)

2 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

I holidayed for a year and chose newly promoted East Kilbride as my team.  In their first season in League Two (the second season in game), they are not entered into the League Cup.  Nor do they they receive a youth intake in this season, despite getting a youth preview.

This was an issue for such a long time in 2020.  By any chance do Kelty get entered instead?  

Not a massive issue but Celtics game against St Mirren was originally scheduled for The midweek fixture list in august but was postponed due to that idiot Bolingoli. The game has it being played on the date it was moved to (September 16th) but if you get through the CL, that’s a champions league night which means it gets postponed and forced to play later on. Best thing to do IMO would be just to put it on the day it was originally scheduled like our game against Aberdeen is the Saturday after.

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, Tolol16 said:

Bug Scottish.png

Thank you, this is logged and under review with our team.

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, ATW said:

Thanks mate.  Yeah this was picked up so hopefully fingers crossed the Championship will be correct come the final release.  They are also missing their Administration punishment...  ;)

Can I just check on this, how many subs are allowed to be named?  

54 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

Yes just tried Kelly and they are entered with no issues. 

2 hours ago, ATW said:

This was an issue for such a long time in 2020.  By any chance do Kelty get entered instead?  

54 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

Yes just tried Kelly and they are entered with no issues. 

I think(guess) it's because as Kelty (and Brora) are entered this year they have been added as entrants instead of Winner of Lowland League/Highland League from the previous season being set as entrants...  can this be looked at? 

9 minutes ago, ATW said:

I think(guess) it's because as Kelty (and Brora) are entered this year they have been added as entrants instead of Winner of Lowland League/Highland League from the previous season being set as entrants...  can this be looked at? 

I raised this as a bug last season too.  Usually, if you holiday for two seasons and then get East Kilbride, it is fixed, but still annoying.

image.png.86c860e81b1a9d651a9727d82ff7c75a.png

Hi all, sorry if this isn't the right place to post this. I've started a game with Queen's Park and look at their odds of winning the league, in spite of the fact they finished fifth last year. Not the biggest issue, wasn't expecting to have quite this level of expectation in my first season though!

• SI Staff
2 minutes ago, TomF95 said:

image.png.86c860e81b1a9d651a9727d82ff7c75a.png

Hi all, sorry if this isn't the right place to post this. I've started a game with Queen's Park and look at their odds of winning the league, in spite of the fact they finished fifth last year. Not the biggest issue, wasn't expecting to have quite this level of expectation in my first season though!

Odds is a gameplay issue, or if Queens Park have a mad reputation set that would be a data issue.

• SI Staff
12 hours ago, Rambopeng said:

I have Rangers in the Scottish cup final on the 8th May, it doesn't appear on the schedule though so when 8th May comes I click Team Selection but the screen is blank and won't let me proceed any further. I was able to holiday past it.

fm scf.png

Could you please upload a save file just before this date to the SI Cloud Server? Instructions on how to do so can be found below

13 hours ago, Rambopeng said:

I have Rangers in the Scottish cup final on the 8th May, it doesn't appear on the schedule though so when 8th May comes I click Team Selection but the screen is blank and won't let me proceed any further. I was able to holiday past it.

fm scf.png

We'll definitely need a save on this one like @Sebastian Szlenkier just said. I had a go at reproducing from a new game and for me the Scottish Cup played out perfectly.

42 minutes ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

Do you have a source for this? Thank you very much!

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/1849/suspensions-for-players-in-mens-football-annex-c-section-4.pdf

Part C, 2 

"Accumulation of two cautionable offences in the William Hill Scottish Cup for clubs who enter the competition after Round 3 (caution totals revert to zero prior to start of semi-final rounds)"

• SI Staff
25 minutes ago, b00199297 said:

Agree with the early poster regarding last years Scottish cup.  It would be cool if the rescheduled games could get included and make it even more realistic.

As previously stated, this won't be happening for the reasons I previously stated.  Sorry and thanks.

17 hours ago, kylekyleslor said:

my issue is 2 games scheduled on the same day, 9/1/21, nothing to do with a cup final

Ah my apologies. Lots of save games bouncing around and hard to keep track of them all!

Looks like this is a UI issue that is currently under review. The second game is a placeholder for an as yet unscheduled cup match. Thanks for reporting.

• SI Staff
8 minutes ago, Garageflower said:

My squad needed to be registered again in January

register squad.png

Sorry, I don't understand.  You will have to register your squad again at the end of the January transfer window, this is normal.

Just now, Dan Ormsby said:

Sorry, I don't understand.  You will have to register your squad again at the end of the January transfer window, this is normal.

No, this is January 1st. Also, when it gets to the end of the transfer window the game doesn't usually unregister your whole squad