FM20 on Epic Store Megathread - Post your Questions/Answers here!

20 minutes ago, IMT said:

Thanks for this, I can confirm to those struggling you can still import graphics etc into the game, the same way as on Steam, and despite there being no pre game editor you can still use downloadable databases, as I have just successfully loaded up a save using prO's latest database update (released today).

How did you do this? I downloaded a database but couldn’t find the file path to put it in the game anywhere. Looking to start a save with the 20/21 season data. 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey @Neil Brock I have this problem. I am playing online save with my friend on Epic and everything is fine.. After two matches played, whilst playing a third match, match stops and you cant do anything with it.. When I press Shift+F3 to get Epic, when I try to do something there is error like there is no internet and my game cant be found on online. It seems like servers crash after that and none can get into the game.. Can you help me with this one? 

Edited by ✪ papi

1 hour ago, JM_1899 said:

How did you do this? I downloaded a database but couldn’t find the file path to put it in the game anywhere. Looking to start a save with the 20/21 season data. 

Exactly the same as before with Steam.

documents>sportsinteractive>football manager 2020>editor data

2 hours ago, JM_1899 said:

I don’t have that file pathway as I didn’t have the game on steam prior to getting it from 

I only had 19, it created the pathway for FM 20 automatically when I installed via Epic. 

Well that was an epic fail... pardon the pun, or not. Been playing FM18 for years on my MacBook. 

Got 20 yesterday on MacBook, it even let me get IGE for me to find out it doesn’t even work on Mac yet Epic sold it to me on my MacBook.

I do have a gaming PC but I prefer FM on laptop as I like to play and watch TV not be restricted to my desk.

Anyone know if IGE will be working on Mac at all in the future, are there plans? As it’s ruining my gameplay - will probably just go back to FM18.

Also pre-game????? 

Someone may be more clued up but why can’t Epic have the same game as Steam?

• Administrators
On 21/09/2020 at 08:49, jdr90 said:

Well that was an epic fail... pardon the pun, or not. Been playing FM18 for years on my MacBook. 

Got 20 yesterday on MacBook, it even let me get IGE for me to find out it doesn’t even work on Mac yet Epic sold it to me on my MacBook.

I do have a gaming PC but I prefer FM on laptop as I like to play and watch TV not be restricted to my desk.

Anyone know if IGE will be working on Mac at all in the future, are there plans? As it’s ruining my gameplay - will probably just go back to FM18.

Also pre-game????? 

Someone may be more clued up but why can’t Epic have the same game as Steam?

Should have been a large popup informing you the IGE isn't compatible with FM20 on Mac during the purchase process. You can contact Epic to get a refund. 

Unfortunately no plans at the moment for FM20 - it just isn't supported within their infrastructure currently. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, ✪ papi said:

Game crashing on Online still exists, can I know did SI know what the problem is or is still investigating what is causing it? Because it is unplayable to play 5-10 mins of Online game and to save exit the game and start it again over and over again.. @Neil Brock @Jimmy Wong

We're aware of the issue on Epic and we're currently investigating. Believe we've got an idea what the problem is now but will require some time to address it. Appreciate it's frustrating and we're working as fast as we can.  

On 21/09/2020 at 02:09, Cago said:

Yep, the schedules option to use your custom trainings isnt there.

I'm backing this up. You can't import custom training schedules on a Mac using Epic. The 'Get More' option isn't in custom schedules within the drop down menu.

On 18/09/2020 at 02:00, Neil Brock said:

Pre-Game Editor is not available via Epic.

No knock on you, Neil, but I have to say: while I'm sure there are technical and/or commercial reasons for this, splitting the customer base like this isn't fair. No one expects perfection, but equity should be built-in to each release: we shouldn't be penalized for our choice of store front. We're all equally valid. If you can pass it up the chain for future releases that everyone should have equal access, I'm sure you'd see happier end-users (not to mention a few less forum posts moans to answer).

You folks still rock, so thanks for tolerating my whinge.

6 ore fa, fapping_cat ha scritto:

@Ledz96 I have the same issue, with facepacks and kitpacks bloating the documents folder. What I did was I used symlink (Symbolic Links) to link the graphics folder in My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 20xx to another HDD

I solved the issue in another way, as symlinks didn't seem to work for me the first time I tried (with fm19 on steam).

I just added the launcher to the Steam library and added the launching options from there. Works pretty well.

2 ore fa, Ledz96 ha scritto:

I solved the issue in another way, as symlinks didn't seem to work for me the first time I tried (with fm19 on steam).

I just added the launcher to the Steam library and added the launching options from there. Works pretty well.

could you, please, explain how did you do that? 

On 21/09/2020 at 13:34, Neil Brock said:

Should have been a large popup informing you the IGE isn't compatible with FM20 on Mac during the purchase process. You can contact Epic to get a refund. 

Unfortunately no plans at the moment for FM20 - it just isn't supported within their infrastructure currently. 

That’s a shame, hopefully you guys can figure something out. Will just play FM18 in the meantime I guess. Thanks for the free game though!!!

Edited by jdr90

Ok guys for Windows I have found a way to play offline without internet. 

Steps:

1. Go to your FM20 folder. (C:\Program Files\Epic Games\FootballManager2020)

2.  Right click on "fm" exe. Copy and paste the shortcut of the fm.exe anywhere you want.

3. On the shortcut file right click on the Properties--- Target---------"C:\Program Files\Epic Games\FootballManager2020\fm.exe"

4. You need to change it to the following "C:\Program Files\Epic Games\FootballManager2020\fm.exe" -EpicPortal

5. That is add -EpicPortal at the end with space b\w the path.

6. Apply and save

7. Launch offline and enjoy.

NETWORK Game Issue

myself and a friend have been playing online for years with no issues yet since the Epic update, my friend is unable to join our old network game saves on FM20. I have even just created a new game to test it and yet still he cant join our game. I even went as far as reinstalling Steam. We are NOT on Epic and have not joined it. It is through Steam as normal. Is anyone else experiencing this? Any ideas???

Edited by Sluglips

I've downloaded it on Epic, but can't locate the pre-game editor. After reading this thread, it seems the editor is not provided with the game. While I can't complain (the game is free), it's difficult to play without the editor. 

Also, Epic has no workshop so updates are harder to locate. 

I imagine it would be the same if purchased from the Windows Store or via Game Pass for PC?

19 hours ago, mightypvfc said:

I've downloaded it on Epic, but can't locate the pre-game editor. After reading this thread, it seems the editor is not provided with the game. While I can't complain (the game is free), it's difficult to play without the editor. 

Also, Epic has no workshop so updates are harder to locate. 

I imagine it would be the same if purchased from the Windows Store or via Game Pass for PC?

As things stand, I wouldn't recommend anyone buying any Football Manager game on any platform other than Steam. No mods at all on Windows Store/Game Pass and no pre-game editor on Epic. FM21 is out soon and I will be getting it on Steam. 

11 hours ago, Spudbynight said:

As things stand, I wouldn't recommend anyone buying any Football Manager game on any platform other than Steam. No mods at all on Windows Store/Game Pass and no pre-game editor on Epic. FM21 is out soon and I will be getting it on Steam. 

Currently £40 on Steam. That's not a great price considering a new game is out in less than 2 months.

I took advantage of the free FM20 download via Epic. I understand that the pre-game editor is not available via the Epic platform. I would like to know if there are any plans to make the editor available on Epic in the future? If not, I'll buy the game on Steam. Thanks for any answers

I managed to add graphics folder to epic games version of Fm20 to get graphics in the game. I made the 'graphics' folder with the various sub folders and saved them in Epic Games/Football Manager/data/game/graphics  Then went into my save game and loaded up. Then did the preferences/ interface/ clear cache and tick the changes skins box (Like u do a steam version). And it worked a treat. Hope this helps

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

So appreciate it's an old thread and game, but just started playing fm20 couple of days ago since I got it in Epic Store and the game is not saving any progress. If was fine while I was using local (haven't changed any location), but I tried to use epic cloud so I could go between my PC and my mac. The mac just crashed trying to load the file, so didn't try again on it. But since then 

1. I can't save in local. It goes to cloud all the time.
  2. There's 3 old savegames in cloud, and it won't save a new one. Yesterday seem like all progress was lost but suddenly it loaded the right one. I tried to save as, local, cloud, everything.
  3. Today same old 5 savegames (2 local, 3 cloud). I can't see any of the autosaves, if there are any (game does auto-save, takes a while because I think is going it to online). They are old savegames, all my gameplay from yesterday was lost. 

How do I fix this? Tbh is not like I probably would bother with this game, at least on Epic, as I can't trust that all the effort is going to go to waste. But is there a solution for this? To un-stuck the savegames??

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/09/2020 at 14:53, Zomba said:

Ok guys for Windows I have found a way to play offline without internet. 

Steps:

1. Go to your FM20 folder. (C:\Program Files\Epic Games\FootballManager2020)

2.  Right click on "fm" exe. Copy and paste the shortcut of the fm.exe anywhere you want.

3. On the shortcut file right click on the Properties--- Target---------"C:\Program Files\Epic Games\FootballManager2020\fm.exe"

4. You need to change it to the following "C:\Program Files\Epic Games\FootballManager2020\fm.exe" -EpicPortal

5. That is add -EpicPortal at the end with space b\w the path.

6. Apply and save

7. Launch offline and enjoy.

Great  it worked!  i had problems with the game closing down without saving the game, when i i left the pc for a hour or so.

Stopped working after i had to reboot my PC. but try to create new shortcut and after some tries it seems to work again.

Edited by _r2d2