Rectify the adama traore injustice!!

Surely his attributes require a bump? His stats look like a decent vanarama player, thing is (don't know how many of you guys have done a successful season or two with wolves) I finished 2nd won the Europa and carabao, traore had an average rating of about 7.89 over the whole season and contributed 16 goals and 13 assists and so far in the second season has 4 goals and 6 assists in 5! His only stats about about 6 are acceleration, pace, agility, flair and dribbling which certainly does not belie his match performances, his stats would suggest just a right fast idiot that can dribble and dart around athletically 

1 hour ago, Jorge666 said:

Surely his attributes require a bump? His stats look like a decent vanarama player, thing is (don't know how many of you guys have done a successful season or two with wolves) I finished 2nd won the Europa and carabao, traore had an average rating of about 7.89 over the whole season and contributed 16 goals and 13 assists and so far in the second season has 4 goals and 6 assists in 5! His only stats about about 6 are acceleration, pace, agility, flair and dribbling which certainly does not belie his match performances, his stats would suggest just a right fast idiot that can dribble and dart around athletically 

To be fair he doesn't have much technical ability. I'd say your last sentence (minus the idiot) describes him perfectly... 

On 10/06/2020 at 23:21, cris182 said:

The fact you can get those sort of performances out of him suggests he is pretty well rated for how the match engine works

Finishing 8 and long shots about 10, or does having 20/20 for pace and acc 17 dribbling overrule everything because he can just get the ball and run it into the back of the net

11 minutes ago, Jorge666 said:

Finishing 8 and long shots about 10, or does having 20/20 for pace and acc 17 dribbling overrule everything because he can just get the ball and run it into the back of the net

I would assume that he has the pace to find himself in good positions often then giving him high stats elsewhere would make him too clinical and that is difficult to balance without keeping other attributes lower

I saw a great video from Zealand about player traits that can boost scoring ability. One which may be (relevant here) is that if your player has very high dribbling ability for his league then if you train him to have "like to round the keeper" it can boost his scoring chances. He wont actually force the issue, it just means he will end up getting himself into better scoring position before striking i.e. his dribbling ability can help his low finishing attribute by giving him a better angle on goal that is less covered by the goalkeeper.

The way the ME currently works, pace, acceleration, agility and dribbling will make him pretty amazing alone, even if his other stats are pretty poor. 

It's also likely a current ability problem, physical attributes like that are weighted very highly for wingers/attackers, he starts the game with 145 currently ability which is pretty much the same as Jimenez and Jota for Wolves, but that pace, acceleration and strengths will use up a lot of his PA.

If he had like even low teens like 12-14s in other attacking stats his CA has to go up a lot, you can go try it yourself in the editor. Give him like 14 crossing, 13 finishing, 12 passing, 11 long shots, 12 off the ball , 14 first touch and 12 vision (so not dramatic boosts), and his CA has to go up to 154, which would make him the highest CA at the club.

It would also give him a higher current ability than Mahrez and Marcus Rashford.

So you can see the issue, he just isn't that good (at least yet, another season or two like this one then maybe) 

On 10/06/2020 at 23:53, Jorge666 said:

Here's the topic for any issue's/questions you have for players. Use that for future reference if you want to ask about certain players not good enough (in your opinion).

On 10/06/2020 at 23:21, cris182 said:

The fact you can get those sort of performances out of him suggests he is pretty well rated for how the match engine works

Just shows how much of a joke stats and the match engine is.

I wouldn’t touch traore with a barge pole with them stats

yet he’s actually decent, 🤦🏾‍♂️

• Administrators
4 hours ago, jere_d said:

Just shows how much of a joke stats and the match engine is.

I wouldn’t touch traore with a barge pole with them stats

yet he’s actually decent, 🤦🏾‍♂️

Attributes only tell part of the story - it's the combination of how they work together for a player that makes the difference. Are you signing players because of their attributes or due to their performances? 

Quite a few players in real life have been touted as players with exceptional ability, but when it comes to a match day they're ineffective. They need to be used in the right way with the right players in the right system. 

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

Attributes only tell part of the story - it's the combination of how they work together for a player that makes the difference. Are you signing players because of their attributes or due to their performances? 

Quite a few players in real life have been touted as players with exceptional ability, but when it comes to a match day they're ineffective. They need to be used in the right way with the right players in the right system. 

He is right though, players with pace, dribbling, agility etc. overperform because in the ME they can dribble like 70 yards past multiple people with ease 

9 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

He is right though, players with pace, dribbling, agility etc. overperform because in the ME they can dribble like 70 yards past multiple people with ease 

Not true.

On my Marseille save, Dario Benedetto, Moussa Dembele, Andrea Belotti and an old Edinson Cavani all outperformed Lautaro Martinez, who was horrendous for me. Mental attributes and hidden attributes (consistency, big matches) all play a big part in how a player performs as does whether he fits your play style. In my system, a big, physical forward who is say 3/5 is going to perform better than smaller, fast forward who is say a 5/5.

26 minutes ago, Travis Bickle said:

Not true.

On my Marseille save, Dario Benedetto, Moussa Dembele, Andrea Belotti and an old Edinson Cavani all outperformed Lautaro Martinez, who was horrendous for me. Mental attributes and hidden attributes (consistency, big matches) all play a big part in how a player performs as does whether he fits your play style. In my system, a big, physical forward who is say 3/5 is going to perform better than smaller, fast forward who is say a 5/5.

No not true at all. 

Just watch the ME, people can dribble 60-70 yards with ease, and players with dribbling, pace, acceleration and agility will go past players with ease. 

It's how a player like Troare will do well even with poor technical and mental attributes, because the ME massively favours physical ones.

Players like Rashford are at times unplaybable, even as a centre-forward, even when IRL he has struggled in that position, in game he will just spin his marker and get away from him.

Players consistently can run faster with the ball than players without as well. 

The other people that perform absurdly well are people who take set pieces, because those are broken. 

Edited by tajj7

1 minute ago, tajj7 said:

No not true at all. 

Just watch the ME, people can dribble 60-70 yards with ease, and players with dribbling, pace, acceleration and agility will go past players with ease. 

It's how a player like Troare will do well even with poor technical and mental attributes, because the ME massively favours physical ones.

Players like Rashford are at times unplaybable, even as a centre-forward, even when IRL he has struggled in that position, in game he will just spin his marker and get away from him.

Players consistently can run faster with the ball than players without as well. 

Do you have a video of a player consistently dribbling 60-70 yards? 

I frequently play against Mbappe and Neymar. Mbappe in particular has destroyed me on insane runs but he can do that in real life. Now I've got faster, better defenders it happens less often.

2 minutes ago, Travis Bickle said:

Do you have a video of a player consistently dribbling 60-70 yards? 

I frequently play against Mbappe and Neymar. Mbappe in particular has destroyed me on insane runs but he can do that in real life. Now I've got faster, better defenders it happens less often.

It literally happens every game. 

Just now, tajj7 said:

It literally happens every game. 

I've played FM20 addictively since release. 

I've been adamant that set pieces are broken, one on one's a broken, over the top through balls pre recent patch were broken and more, I don't necessarily see this happening every game and I play with a high line. You seriously see players dribbling from their own quarter against you every game?

I mean from both sides, not just against me, but yes pretty much every game I will see plays like this.

Often they don't have to beat many players, like 1-3, because they just out pace everyone, even if they are not that fast and my defenders are faster, because the defenders do odd things like run away from them or move backwards, when they are supposed to be running alongside them.

But yes very commonly I see players make dribbles from deep inside their own half that result in chances. 

6 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

The game is actually really baffling, there are so many misconceptions and si don’t do much to help people understand how the game works.

at this moment of time I buy players with stats I “believe” are beneficial to how I want to play and have good personalities.

i do not buy players on their ratings.

i was under the impression that that was only significant if the team they play for will play like you.

also the rating system is also all over the place   
defenders don’t get rewarded for clean sheets
Yet some players can do nothing all game except score and they’re now MVP 

goal keepers can make no saves let goals in and because they play short passes they get decent ratings.

The only player I can think of here is ozil and tbh I believe he’s just overrated or you’re still idolising what he was like in the past. similar to ballottelli 

or courtinho (they’re coming to me now 😂)

you are remembering a player in their prime and believing they are still at that lv even though it’s been years since they last performed like that