[FM20] Ethnic Enclaves or exclaves?

Hey everyone, I've been looking to do a new save but felt that it would be interesting to do a youth academy save with a club that produces intakes with different nationalities than the country that the club plays in.  For example, Croatia Berlin produces Croatians, although the club are based in Berlin and play in the German football system.  I also know that there are a number of Hungarian enclaves in Romania and Turkish ones in Germany, as well.  Aside from those and the obvious ones like Monaco does anyone know of any others?

Thanks in advance!

I know that FC Lusitanos produces Portuguese regens in the Andorran league, and there's a number of clubs in the Swiss league system in Sangue Blu's league pack that produce other nationalities, including Croatian, Kosovan and Portuguese.

Here's what I've found thus far, mostly from others around the career updates forum

Club Based in Produces
Croatia Berlin Germany Croatian
BSV Hurturkel Germany Turkish
Turkgucu Ataspor Munchen Germany Turkish
Inter Turkspor Kiel Germany Turkish
FC Elazig Spor Hamburg Germany Turkish
SV Turkspor Bremen Nord Germany Turkish
Turkspor Augsburg Germany Turkish
FC Assyria England Syrian*
Guru Nanak Gurdwara England Pakistan*
FC Khalsa England Indian*
AEK London England Greek*
St. Panteleimon England Greek*
Chape London England Brazilian*
Indian Gymkhana Club England Indian*
PFC Victoria London England Polish*
FC Polonia Boscombe England Polish*
FC Polonia England Polish*
London Samurai England Japanese*
SJ Global United England Brazilian*
Afrika Iceland Polish
NK Pajde Mohlin Switzerland Croatian

*Second Nationality

EDIT with Pakistani second Nationality for Guru Nanak.

Edited by ranks39

I think most of these are VERY DEEP in the structures of their national leagues.  I think that I'm going to do a save with London Samurai if I can find a database that includes the Middlesex County Premier Division.

EDIT - Verified in game.

a304c5ed095adf1dadee3269be806967.png

ce48f3e764ab06fe98fc20e203b10b46.png

a0e52445f6a2d5b4b14b91c425cadc5b.png

4b502f1b644adcfcfef724c7a773b0f6.png

b5d2a5064a745c4e5caf37424c953564.png

ab26779f25ff565f00668ce2ff097418.png

Edited by ranks39
Verification

This is cool! Does anyone know which underlying youth rating gets used in this case? Is it still the English one or for instance the Japanese or Pakasistani one?

Edited by Toin

On 02/06/2020 at 19:00, Blah_1123 said:

There's a few teams in the Swedish leagues who are formed by refugees from Iraq and Syria. Can't remember all of them but the names stand out pretty well. Think one is called Syrianska FC.

There are a lot of Swedish clubs that are formed by people of Assyrian and/or Aramean background (not to be confused with citizens of the country Syria). So these clubs are not to my knowledge set up in the database to spawn newgens with Syria as a second nationality.

Of course there may be Assyrians with a Syrian passport (or Turkish or Iraqi) but I'm not sure it can be set up so that Syrianska FC for example spawn newgens with previously named second nationalities AND an Assyrian ethnicity, because that ethnicity parameter does not exist in the database.

On 03/06/2020 at 11:45, Toin said:

This is cool! Does anyone know which underlying youth rating gets used in this case? Is it still the English one or for instance the Japanese or Pakasistani one?

I have no proof for anything(I'm in my second season with one of the clubs that generates English/Pakistani newgens) but my guess would be since their first nationality is English and the birth cities have been England, that the youth rating would be English..... Again, no proof or anything to back this up.

17 hours ago, Vänsterback said:

There are a lot of Swedish clubs that are formed by people of Assyrian and/or Aramean background (not to be confused with citizens of the country Syria). So these clubs are not to my knowledge set up in the database to spawn newgens with Syria as a second nationality.

Of course there may be Assyrians with a Syrian passport (or Turkish or Iraqi) but I'm not sure it can be set up so that Syrianska FC for example spawn newgens with previously named second nationalities AND an Assyrian ethnicity, because that ethnicity parameter does not exist in the database.

Assyrian is not just syrian.  I had a game with Assyriska FF and the newgens with pretty much all swedish with 2nd nationality of mostly iraq or iran. There were also turkish, syrian and lebanon 2nd nationality and some just swedish.

Sweden has a lot of different ethnic clubs if you look, Assyrrian and old yugoslavic ones are the most numerous.

Edited by Thebaker

8 hours ago, Thebaker said:

Assyrian is not just syrian.  I had a game with Assyriska FF and the newgens with pretty much all swedish with 2nd nationality of mostly iraq or iran. There were also turkish, syrian and lebanon 2nd nationality and some just swedish.

Sweden has a lot of different ethnic clubs if you look, Assyrrian and old yugoslavic ones are the most numerous.

Yeah, Assyrian is not just Syrian (or a nationality at all), that's my point.

As a researcher (responsible for Assyriska BK in Gothenburg among other clubs) I am interested in the realism of the game. These clubs are of course diverse and open for everyone but if it is set up that a club like Assyriska FF, Assyriska BK or Syrianska FC spawn newgens based on these second nationalities I would consider that potentially unrealistic. Because a player of, for example, Arab ethnicity and Iraqi second nationality is not more likely than anyone else to be attracted to an Assyrian club, if you see what I mean. And if such club is set up to spawn newgens with Iraq as a second nationality it is likely that those newgens represent the dominant ethnicity of Iraq, which is Arab. Would you, based on your newgens' names, consider them to be of Assyrian origin or more of Arab, Persian or perhaps Turkish origin? Just curious.

With this said, we can't just start to log peoples ethnicities in the database, that would be questionable to say the least. But just from a Football Manager perspective it is annoying that we can't represent clubs who are associated with ethnic minorities as good as clubs associated with players with certain second nationalities.

4 hours ago, Vänsterback said:

Yeah, Assyrian is not just Syrian (or a nationality at all), that's my point.

As a researcher (responsible for Assyriska BK in Gothenburg among other clubs) I am interested in the realism of the game. These clubs are of course diverse and open for everyone but if it is set up that a club like Assyriska FF, Assyriska BK or Syrianska FC spawn newgens based on these second nationalities I would consider that potentially unrealistic. Because a player of, for example, Arab ethnicity and Iraqi second nationality is not more likely than anyone else to be attracted to an Assyrian club, if you see what I mean. And if such club is set up to spawn newgens with Iraq as a second nationality it is likely that those newgens represent the dominant ethnicity of Iraq, which is Arab. Would you, based on your newgens' names, consider them to be of Assyrian origin or more of Arab, Persian or perhaps Turkish origin? Just curious.

With this said, we can't just start to log peoples ethnicities in the database, that would be questionable to say the least. But just from a Football Manager perspective it is annoying that we can't represent clubs who are associated with ethnic minorities as good as clubs associated with players with certain second nationalities.

A VERY interesting insight!  Thank you for it!

• 2 months later...
On 16/08/2020 at 19:25, Tony Wright 747 said:

There is a Japanese team that plays in the Singapore league

Thats Albirex Niigata's feeder team. The Singapore league also has a team for Brunei, DPMM FC. Both these teams have won the league over the last 5 seasons

Prior to that, they had 3 chinese teams there, as feeder clubs for the Chinese League, Etoile from France also competed, and there was Sinchi, which was a club  composed of Chinese players. There was also a Korean team and and African team.