Unofficial French League Superthread

On 25/05/2020 at 20:16, Hootieleece said:

You should have seen what they did to me in my Clermont save...I lost 2-0 my goalie kept it close. Should have lost by more,

What shocked me was the fact that they were struggling in season2 of my save with all those wonderkids.

Also Camavinga bossed the central midfield.

When I'm starting another save in Ligue 1 I'm not looking forward playing against Camavinga. I have seen first hand on my Rennes save how incredible he can be.

Unbenannt.thumb.png.19621fcfbf4bc473b681cee6a27d1677.png

Hopefully he leaves the league soon haha and better not join PSG.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, bendixkunert2 said:

Looking at a couple interesting teams just really and maybe restoring a legacy. No restrictions. I like Lille, St. Etienne and Lens.

St. Etienne would be awesome to see. They always struggle in-game.

Just now, bendixkunert2 said:

When I'm starting another save in Ligue 1 I'm not looking forward playing against Camavinga. I have seen first hand on my Rennes save how incredible he can be.

Hopefully he leaves the league soon haha and better not join PSG.

WOAH.

48 minutes ago, bendixkunert2 said:

Looking at a couple interesting teams just really and maybe restoring a legacy. No restrictions. I like Lille, St. Etienne and Lens.

St. Etienne is actually my favorite French team but I play with them at least once every FM so It would be good to see someone else's take on them.

Lille might be good as well haven't seen too many LOSC saves.

Lens maybe not smp20 ruined them for everyone Lol!

Just now, Hootieleece said:

St. Etienne is actually my favorite French team but I play with them at least once every FM so It would be good to see someone else's take on them.

Lille might be good as well haven't seen too many LOSC saves.

Lens maybe not smp20 ruined them for everyone Lol!

Just decided on them and taking over a random African national team side too which I idea I really like and taking them to a World Cup.

1 hour ago, Jogo Bonito said:

@bendixkunert2 Good luck with ASSE, I had a good long spell with them several years ago.

I've updated my FMCU page now, all sections have been improved a little, and a detailed explanation on my scouting & recruitment strategies are included in post 5.

Feedback, in here or there, is always welcome.

Your career thread is awesome Jogo, you have put a lot of effort in it and I appreciate your hard work. Its an interesting career you are having.

6 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Your career thread is awesome Jogo, you have put a lot of effort in it and I appreciate your hard work. Its an interesting career you are having.

Thanks very much, I appreciate that and I'm happy if people will enjoy it.

Your Metz career is good to follow, it captures the struggles of pushing an average team towards greater things. I find that gradual progress is perfect, and I'm hoping my Lorient team can evolve at a similar pace. Keep up the good work.

1 minute ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Thanks very much, I appreciate that and I'm happy if people will enjoy it.

Your Metz career is good to follow, it captures the struggles of pushing an average team towards greater things. I find that gradual progress is perfect, and I'm hoping my Lorient team can evolve at a similar pace. Keep up the good work.

Yeah I would get bored if I toppled PSG straight away. I like the gradual pace of it as well. I just get frustrated when I lose a few games in a row lol.

Diallo is starting to slow down. He is now only 3 start current ability and potential. He has still score 6 goals in 12 games but I think I will move him and Sadiq on in the summer and put some of my young strikers in there instead.

If you look at the screenshot you will see my options to play upfront so plently of options to try.

image.thumb.png.5140d0a29c281acc4cd0092f3eb2620e.png

I am thinking of trying Sylla up front for a few games coming up.

17 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Wow, just one or two options then! Diallo's ratio is still a goal every other game, but yeah why not try some of the alternatives.

That day you get to match or topple PSG will be satisfying, enjoy the journey.

Yeah I aint leaving FC Metz anytime soon. I have always planned to do 10 years with them and that wont change. Diallo is nearly 28 years old so might be ideal to sell him now if I get a good offer or I might just keep him but only keep him as a back up.

31 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

@Jogo Bonito just as I was going to bench Diallo he scores a hattrick lol.

I also got this in my inbox which is nice to see.

image.thumb.png.15a60439d2dd48a4d11d809e7563618b.png

Oh yeah I also have got my squad down to 80 players now. I will move 20-30 more players in the summer.

Excellent, good to see all of that

14 minutes ago, BadAss88 said:

I've started as Thierry Henry at OGC Nice!

Nice one!

6 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Yeah I would get bored if I toppled PSG straight away. I like the gradual pace of it as well. I just get frustrated when I lose a few games in a row lol.

Diallo is starting to slow down. He is now only 3 start current ability and potential. He has still score 6 goals in 12 games but I think I will move him and Sadiq on in the summer and put some of my young strikers in there instead.

If you look at the screenshot you will see my options to play upfront so plently of options to try.

image.thumb.png.5140d0a29c281acc4cd0092f3eb2620e.png

I am thinking of trying Sylla up front for a few games coming up.

That's insane!! How do you keep all these players happy? 

4 hours ago, BadAss88 said:

Nice one best of luck! 

9 hours ago, BadAss88 said:

Make sure he doesn't pass the "use hands to keep the ball under control" trait to your strikers :lol:

Good choice though....

When a player (Kebbeh) is getting MOTM after MOTM and you praise him and after the 3rd straight week of praise you get the response "i'm not prepared to go over this again" !! Bit harsh......I thought we were close.....

Unbelievable Jeff......we just beat Reims in the Quarter Final of the French Cup and now face PSG in the Semi....bring them on!!

I don't think I've ever had a save going so well in the first season

image.thumb.png.d812289dbee3945c432246c75e5c01d4.png

5 hours ago, Travis Bickle said:

I sold Jordan Amavi at an undercut price to move him on ASAP so I could get Ait-Nouri for Marseille. Risky move but I think he can become one of the best DL's in the game. Let's see how it pans out :D

He does usually turn out amazing so that seems like a solid move. 

3 hours ago, AddicksFan said:

When a player (Kebbeh) is getting MOTM after MOTM and you praise him and after the 3rd straight week of praise you get the response "i'm not prepared to go over this again" !! Bit harsh......I thought we were close.....

LOL thats FM for you. Same thing happens if you keep praising the good trainers as well. 

1 hour ago, AddicksFan said:

Unbelievable Jeff......we just beat Reims in the Quarter Final of the French Cup and now face PSG in the Semi....bring them on!!

I don't think I've ever had a save going so well in the first season

Great stuff keep it going :thup:

1 hour ago, karanhsingh said:

How do you link to a particular post like that? 

I copy the link in the top left of the reply. right click on posted x time. copy link and paste into reply to this thread.

It is a trick I learned on the Paradox Forums when I wrote AAR's about playing their games.

Yay, promotion achieved with 6 games left.....just gotta push on to be the champion....

image.thumb.png.6dc604d8e2eafc1518d65685d8cf88fc.png

Gonna have to spend wisely, £5M and £30K wage budget room to work with

First transfers lined up for next season

image.thumb.png.731da6e049d4a15093698c8822ecccde.png

THE SUMMER OF 2022

Honestly this is where the really hard bit begins. It's one thing to get promoted and then even to qualify for Europe with a half-decent squad. However then to go to a regular Champions League team, to competing for the title, to actually winning a title against an all-star team like PSG. You need serious quality to do all that. But how do you get there? Do you replenish the squad every year? Do you sell off the players who have done so well to bring you to this level? This is something I have always struggled with.

I had decided that this summer we would not make whole-sale changes, instead only a couple of players in for the first team at the most. Look at it as a season of consolidation and hope to repeat a top 5 finish again. Also let it be a season for our several talented youngsters to get some more game time and hopefully continue their development. I believed this to be the best way forward for us. When the Lihadji sale happened, this further reinforced my outlook that it will be a season of consolidation & player development. Top 5 this season with hopefully strong showings in the cups, and then have a go at qualifying for the UCL next season.

The Transfers

835404004_transfersseason4.thumb.jpg.08e5acf03916b16414f2ce0dd64369e1.jpg

We still did bring in a few players, mind. But first the sales.

The big one of course was Lihadji for 30 million, all up-front, as has already been documented. Thiam, Haugel, and Pendant were departures from the first-team squad, to leave spaces open for some of the youngsters profiled earlier. Sao has served us well but had to be moved on when we ended up signing 2 replacements for Lihadji. A number of our young players such as Matos, Jaby and Kone went out on loan as they had become too good for the U19 squad but weren't good enough for our first team squad yet.

In terms of the players in, I will profile the 4 players who have been brought in to immediately play a role in the first-team.

Sofiane Alakouch is a French/ Moroccan right wing-back who will give us a more attacking option in that position compared to Goujon. He should definitely add a bit of quality to the team.

alakouch.thumb.jpg.b9ccef7a25c6ff1b3f3325e3c295e4d1.jpg

Christian Kouan I am quite excited about, a young Ivorian midfielder who joins from Perugia after an impressive season in Italy. We sorely missed a proper BWM last season so he will now slot into that role, allowing Raveloson to take on the DLP mantle which is a better fit for him too.

1509306379_kouan.thumb.jpg.3ec601b15e6b36d1c18b8dd45f6ee25c.jpg

And now the Lihadji replacements. The first one you guys already know about, none other than Angel di Maria. This is what he looks like these days.

277648449_dimaria.thumb.jpg.3afeb8efec858ba761f194db6b8cf6f1.jpg

And finally to wrap things up, a hugely promising young inverted winger from the right, Lisandru Tramoni. You may already remember we have his older brother Matteo in the squad who has so far flattered to deceive, but Lisandru is the younger and frankly more promising one. We wanted him last summer but his club was asking 15 million then, they now had him transfer-listed for just 2.8 million with 12 months to run on his contract so we wasted no time in snapping him up. If he can continue his development I do believe he can replace Lihadji for us.

lisandru.thumb.jpg.6b5d96d5bb60b25c0be98e072db90f28.jpg

August 2022 update

Our first-team squad going into the new season finally looks like this (23 man squad):

1783922979_squad2022.thumb.jpg.8d88b9139077a0b8e083de0a3cd9215e.jpg

Pre-season friendlies & August fixtures:

2027881406_august22.thumb.jpg.6dd888b3c10cfcdbd505762cdeb00e22.jpg

It was all perfect until that game against Lens which we totally did not deserve to lose, and they scored from a very weak free-kick which our keeper let in. Ambrose has so far continued his good form from last season, while Roger is showing that he is indeed ready for more first-team football.

The early league table has newly promoted Lens on top which I am sure @smp20 would be happy to see :D

2004581688_earlytable.thumb.jpg.6e7b9f7935d7a42224d3c5cebc2e421c.jpg

And finally we got drawn into a VERY hard Europa with Juve, Schalke and AZ :seagull: I just hope we can somehow string together some results otherwise it's going to be a pretty short European campaign! 

europa group.jpg

FC Metz Season 4 Update

October was decent enough with 2 league wins and a Europa League win, even though I lost to Schalke in my only game of November I made it the Europa League II which aint as good but still got European football.

image.thumb.png.555639b7f1fe50a0232064a3f3e12451.png

I won all of my winter break friendlies, I also got through to the next round of the cup as well.

I have started well in January beating PSG 2-1. Diallo getting the winner.

image.thumb.png.9f3b5f0d981a71da54b625e127f179f3.png

image.thumb.png.3336759cba9fa4d45ba7cd4deafb4f43.png

I am currently 8th in the league after 13 league games so far.

Transfers Out

Talking of Diallo I had a £22m offer from a Chinese team for him, I accepted it as I thought my time was running out on getting decent money for him but he rejected the move so I am happy to keep him unless another decent offer comes in for him.

I have sold Umar Sadiq who contributed well in his first season but after getting injured he struggled to hit form so I sold him to Augsburg for £5m.

I also sold long term right back Fabien Centonze as I wanted a younger right back and got decent money for him when Torino signed him for £5m.

Transfers In

Jean-Claude Ntenda

image.thumb.png.8a09730e7e22d79ed754dd86edb44f56.png

A left back I had on loan a few seasons a go, I needed another left back incase my main left back Hudu Yakubu gets injured. He wont play much unless needed.

Said Arab

image.thumb.png.da5325273ece3827d38b3956bee52f2c.png

A player I have had my eye on for a while, I originally went for him in my first season in charge as I have Red Star as an affiliate but he chose Montipeller over me at the time which I understand but now I have my man. He will feature a bit this season but play more next season. I do like his versalitility as well.

Issa Kabore

image.thumb.png.3efd19bbed028ea27ccc0bebc1409c0b.png

Similar to Ntenda will just be cover for my main right back Mohamed Hany. He will not play that much and only when needed.

Yassine Benzia

image.thumb.png.a0099d38c44e492dddbbeffca69b9e9e.png

Former Lyon striker Yassime Benzia will provide experience and decent cover for Diallo. According to his history he hasn't scored in 7 seasons so that doesn't get me too excited but he wont be playing much anyway and more of a decent mentor for the younger players.

image.thumb.png.eed545853be4a5a3f2c62747f72ff498.png

image.png

3 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

@Ronaldo Beckham: Said Arab was on my radar as well. Red Star wanted too much money for him. Otherwise he would have been my AMC in waiting.

Yeah he is a talented player.

1 minute ago, karanhsingh said:

Happy to see Said Arab in your guys plans!! He's the pride of Red Star :cool: and I recently appointed him as vice-captain as well. Here is he on my save now:

20200529000645_1.thumb.jpg.a2ef04f8928221f37ec46a2f78510133.jpg

He is working out well for you buddy.

Just now, karanhsingh said:

Happy to see Said Arab in your guys plans!! He's the pride of Red Star :cool: and I recently appointed him as vice-captain as well. Here is he on my save now:

20200529000645_1.thumb.jpg.a2ef04f8928221f37ec46a2f78510133.jpg

Funnily enough he is my top target as I prep for life in Ligue 1.....

Interestingly, we are playing our home league games at the Stade Pierre Brisson, 10k cap, but European games at the Stade Jean-Bouin, 18k cap. We just had our first Europa game which we sold out, another record for the club!

Great updates guys, good to see you all cracking on. Too many posts to comment on individually, but I'm pleased Diallo wants to stay at Metz, and sorry to see Arab getting injured. Sochaux have been storming it, so that's what I have to try and copy.

Edited by Jogo Bonito

12 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Good, glad you kept him :brock:

Yeah he will go down as a FC Metz legend by the time he retires.

Also one of my youth prospects for a few seasons a go is performing very well.

I present to you Paul Jahier

image.thumb.png.d3b4958db97ca13a404e5eff5ced062d.png

Also Said Arab scored 2 goals on his debut in the cup game I lost 3-2 but he performed very well and will get more game time.

So my 1st season in charge of Sochaux ends...What can only be described as a great season

Table

image.thumb.png.7fc69f677f26532bf7f6a8729b634d67.png

End of Season Awards

image.thumb.png.8dd10b09b65dcfb45402d0262f993c8f.png

Season Review

image.thumb.png.94f35379b5175177955c0aab3ef5e34f.png

Sochaux - Player of the Season and Super Hero

image.thumb.png.f469235efa8ac01f5d688271080b510a.png

My Youth Prospect of the Season - He managed to break into the first team and scored a hat-trick on his debut 

image.thumb.png.fb236eca96426464949034fa7e97c4df.png

Got some priorities in terms of transfer targets, mainly a first team Centre Back but have done this business so far:-

image.thumb.png.edecf4158ceef14fe491e64e7496156a.png

Most of those signed will add depth to the team with Fonsinho likely to bpush for a starting place at LW straight away

Going to spend most of pre-season carrying our a major overhaul of all back room staff

18 minutes ago, AddicksFan said:

Most of those signed will add depth to the team with Fonsinho likely to bpush for a starting place at LW straight away

Anybody have a screen of Fonsinho?

27 minutes ago, AddicksFan said:

So my 1st season in charge of Sochaux ends...What can only be described as a great season

Table

image.thumb.png.7fc69f677f26532bf7f6a8729b634d67.png

End of Season Awards

image.thumb.png.8dd10b09b65dcfb45402d0262f993c8f.png

Season Review

image.thumb.png.94f35379b5175177955c0aab3ef5e34f.png

Sochaux - Player of the Season and Super Hero

image.thumb.png.f469235efa8ac01f5d688271080b510a.png

My Youth Prospect of the Season - He managed to break into the first team and scored a hat-trick on his debut 

image.thumb.png.fb236eca96426464949034fa7e97c4df.png

Got some priorities in terms of transfer targets, mainly a first team Centre Back but have done this business so far:-

image.thumb.png.edecf4158ceef14fe491e64e7496156a.png

Going to spend most of pre-season carrying our a major overhaul of all back room staff

Well done on your promotion mate. Kebbeh looks like an awesome signing, I bought him for Metz in my first season but I have mostly sent him on loan. I might start him a bit more next season.

Here is screenshots of him.

image.thumb.png.b045d8af7a5ee8535601ed69c984b832.png

image.thumb.png.efd32cfd71f91f26551dd715a9030c01.png