Unofficial French League Superthread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great thread! I'm looking to hop on the French save bandwagon and thinking of starting out with Nantes who I'll hope to return to former glories.

Question for everyone, which leagues have you got loaded? any additional players?

Edited by roganp

22 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Nice! You're still doing OK though. Give Diallo his place back, Eisa can come off the bench :cool:

Yeah I was going to but I gave Sadiq one more chance and he scored 4 goals in 2 games for me. He now has 8 goals in 12 games. Diallo is getting a few games so they don't get burnt out.

image.thumb.png.c973139905ee72bf3368d60ea5ba86af.png

My youth intake looks decent enough from the review I just got in my inbox.

image.thumb.png.0f1e112ade14b84025fa2faef403d197.png

I am now 6th in the table with the same points as 2 other teams.

image.thumb.png.1e6b0436436f31495a42ef732f62c180.png

14 minutes ago, roganp said:

Great thread! I'm looking to hop on the French save bandwagon and thinking of starting out with Nantes who I'll hope to return to former glories.

Question for everyone, which leagues have you got loaded? any additional players?

Good luck with Nantes and welcome to the French league thread.

I downloaded the expanded French leagues off Steam and also this African leagues database. I didn't have many leagues loaded other then French leagues, Prem, Seria A, Spanish First division and German Bundesliga.

Well Sadiq broke his lower leg and is out for 4-5 months, great lol.

image.thumb.png.e9148b45ef09c0e1e2f8fb718043cded.png

On the plus side Diallo has hit his stride again and has now got 6 goals in 7 games.

image.thumb.png.1af65ccc1578ecf9eb686d280d861cbf.png

I am now 3rd in the league, the highest position I have had with FC Metz, only 3 points behind Monaco who are 2nd.

Edited by Ronaldo Beckham

56 minutes ago, roganp said:

Welcome and good luck. I just have French leagues playable because I wouldn't move out of France. My player database is around 111,000 with all French & African players plus top flight sides in all other continents.

18 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

I don't know what I find more shocking, suggesting there might be better than Mo Eisa or that you have 140 (129) players in your squad :eek::eek:

I have 65 players across three squads, spread fairly equally. Two will be trimmed from the first team squad as soon as I can, assuming I can terminate their loans after the first month passes. 

You guys made me count the number of players at the club :lol: don't think I have ever done that before. Mine is similar to yours Jogo.

18 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

I'm only kidding about Eisa. I like him very much, but he probably isn't top six quality of a major league. Umar Sadiq is the guy that flopped (really badly) at Rangers, but seems to be rated well in FM. Interesting choice to have him starting ahead of Diallo. Pleased to see Sylla is still in the side, I enjoyed managing him at Toulouse a few years back.

Right about Eisa, but he did a half decent job in the Premiership for me. As for Umar Sadiq I saw him play for Partizan against Man Utd this season IRL and he seemed quite impressive, very physical.

17 hours ago, AddicksFan said:

Long time lurker and really late to FM this year (started playing when lockdown started), finally decided to sign up and post....

Got very bored of my Rangers save so decided to have a go in France after seeing this thread and the saves you've all got going.

I decided to go Sochaux in Ligue 2 and will mainly look to bring youth through and sign French and African players only.

Welcome to France mate and best of luck!!

15 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

So I jumped aboard this instead...

1052930612_Lorientexpress.png.3440b3cbb04231df217300296d5988ae.png

Nice choice of club and all the best! I guess our common player is Etuin?

11 hours ago, roganp said:

I always load the top 5 leagues as playable and some others as view-only. No additional players, just a large database. Scouting Africa is mainly about the new-gens for me.

10 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Yeah I was going to but I gave Sadiq one more chance and he scored 4 goals in 2 games for me. He now has 8 goals in 12 games. Diallo is getting a few games so they don't get burnt out.

My youth intake looks decent enough from the review I just got in my inbox.

I am now 6th in the table with the same points as 2 other teams.

Great going, and best of luck for the run-in!

fc-nantes-logo-700x513.jpg

Thanks for the welcome guys! Meet the new boss at FC Nantes:

dK1NRkQ.png

I had a few options when deciding who would take over the helm at Nantes.  The likes of Marcel Desailly, Claude Makelele, Christian Karembeu and national team boss Didier Deschamps all  started their professional careers at the club, however I opted for recently retired Jeremy Toulalan who is another player who broke through the ranks at Nantes and went on to have a fine career. He was also born in the city! 

The squad:

Bwq2ZsK.jpg

I start all my saves with the first transfer window disabled so this is the group of players I will be heading into the season with. We are expected to finish in mid table and I believe this squad is more than capable of achieving that. I'm very excited to start developing some of the young players that have come through the clubs youth system. The likes of Thomas Basilla, Imran Louza and Elie Youan all have excellent potential and there are a couple of players in the 2nd team ( Abdoulaye Dabo and Batista Mendy) that are being recommended as first team candidates. We of course also have Abdoulaye Toure who is a youth product and probably the most valuable player at the club.

Here's hoping this is the start of a long and successful career at Nantes!

Guys, a little update on my save with Red Star FC to bring you'll up to speed with the other thread and where I am now in-game, which is March 2022, approaching the end of our first season in Ligue 1!

It's been going about as well as I could have desired. First all the results:

august21.thumb.jpg.9e8a6bb106ea7f4eba76710884f3b9d6.jpg

sept21.thumb.jpg.a64571da89a2d34dde47886916ee4080.jpg

oct21.thumb.jpg.7eb7026a2b70ab85587f2de611ca84d8.jpg

586708598_novdec.thumb.jpg.ba74133aa0dc64710fca8e92286d5dda.jpg

1498922734_janfeb.thumb.jpg.bbefe10bde04ad2cb59a0134ee55a813.jpg

We have come unstuck against the bigger sides as expected with defeats to PSG, OM, OL and Monaco. However against most of the other teams we have been impressive and have put some points on the board! Going into the final stretch we find ourselves in 4th spot and with a real shot of qualifying for Europe this season.

I am very keen to see us make it because the finances have NOT improved despite us being in Ligue 1, with the TV money going towards the higher wages. This means we are still unable to really invest in our facilities or indeed the market. I feel like we will need a good league finish (and hence the prize money) along with European football to really push on.

Here are the player stats at the half-way point -best performers have been Ambrose up front, Lihadji on the right wing and Solet at the back. Biggest disappointment so far is club record signing Tramoni who is yet to score.

stats.thumb.jpg.4334029e36ec5cf759700b3ab7681f23.jpg

And finally the current league table:

1990564880_updatedtable.thumb.jpg.f3a303526eddadd8b393ed7f50926cf1.jpg

5 minutes ago, roganp said:

dK1NRkQ.png

I had a few options when deciding who would take over the helm at Nantes.  The likes of Marcel Desailly, Claude Makelele, Christian Karembeu and national team boss Didier Deschamps all  started their professional careers at the club, however I opted for recently retired Jeremy Toulalan who is another player who broke through the ranks at Nantes and went on to have a fine career. He was also born in the city! 

I start all my saves with the first transfer window disabled so this is the group of players I will be heading into the season with. We are expected to finish in mid table and I believe this squad is more than capable of achieving that. I'm very excited to start developing some of the young players that have come through the clubs youth system. The likes of Thomas Basilla, Imran Louza and Elie Youan all have excellent potential and there are a couple of players in the 2nd team ( Abdoulaye Dabo and Batista Mendy) that are being recommended as first team candidates. We of course also have Abdoulaye Toure who is a youth product and probably the most valuable player at the club.

Nantes have a really good, balanced squad and should be lots of fun. Most of the players are in prime age (or younger) and the club has a great reputation for developing youth. I recall managing Samuel Moutoussamy, Moses Simon, Alban Lafont, Marcus Coco and Abdoulaye Toure (who helped me get Fulham promoted) before, so will follow with interest. Good luck and enjoy!

16 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

You guys made me count the number of players at the club :lol: don't think I have ever done that before. Mine is similar to yours Jogo.

Right about Eisa, but he did a half decent job in the Premiership for me. As for Umar Sadiq I saw him play for Partizan against Man Utd this season IRL and he seemed quite impressive, very physical.

Nice choice of club and all the best! I guess our common player is Etuin?

Maybe Sadiq is delivering on the potential he seemed to have early in his career, good to hear. Yes, Etuin is in my first team squad. He may not be a regular starter but will certainly be involved.

I might have to do a FMCU thread to charter my story, but will be posting reguarly in here even if I do that. I have just completed my friendlies, so ready to get going with Lorient.

Just now, Jogo Bonito said:

Maybe Sadiq is delivering on the potential he seemed to have early in his career, good to hear. Yes, Etuin is in my first team squad. He may not be a regular starter but will certainly be involved.

I might have to do a FMCU thread to charter my story, but will be posting reguarly in here even if I do that. I have just completed my friendlies, so ready to get going with Lorient.

Yep I think I recall Sadiq being at Roma as well. 

Sounds good, I am also doing the same between two threads :thup:

1 minute ago, karanhsingh said:

Yep I think I recall Sadiq being at Roma as well. 

Sounds good, I am also doing the same between two threads :thup:

You're doing great with Red Star. European football after three seasons in charge would be dream territory!

I genuinely didn't know anything about Tramoni, but just looked him up and he does look pretty decent. Hopefully he will settle in and start to justify the record fee in time.

3 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

You just like yellow kits :lol:

A good start, certainly tight at the back!

You could be on to something there :lol:

Solid at the back, just using wing play tactic and pressing, I think in lower league football the press is so much more effective as the quality of player means they make loads more mistakes....here's my starting XI, really nice balance to the team....didn't realise it was only 3 yellows for a ban....

Lasme has been nothing short of amazing up top, played him in the cup and he got a brace, hasn't come out of the side since and his potential has already gone up 1/2 a star

image.thumb.png.8372658d5edac249c98b4989fb183cc1.png

11 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

You're doing great with Red Star. European football after three seasons in charge would be dream territory!

I genuinely didn't know anything about Tramoni, but just looked him up and he does look pretty decent. Hopefully he will settle in and start to justify the record fee in time.

Thank you :) He's finally got a goal at least. I actually like the look of his brother Lisandru more, younger, more flair and seems to have a higher ceiling. However, Ajaccio wanted a lot more money for him, and I already had Lihadji for the right hand side.

Just now, AddicksFan said:

Solid at the back, just using wing play tactic and pressing, I think in lower league football the press is so much more effective as the quality of player means they make loads more mistakes....here's my starting XI, really nice balance to the team....didn't realise it was only 3 yellows for a ban....

This is a good point and is a reason why squads are so important in France, every other week I have 2-3 players who are suspended. 

Good start for you, keep it going!

Just now, karanhsingh said:

This is a good point and is a reason why squads are so important in France, every other week I have 2-3 players who are suspended. 

Good start for you, keep it going!

Thanks, I have a decent back-up CB and a really good youth prospect as replacements....I would suggest removing get stuck in if anyone is using this.....:)

All good points about forcing mistakes out of opponents who will make poor decisions if pressed. 

Suspensions, yes. That will be good for me as I have youngster who will get game time. In my gegenpress, I've got tighter marking and stay on feet, but perhaps I should go for get stuck in :lol:

@AddicksFan I'm getting confused. I thought you liked yellows :stop:

Edited by Jogo Bonito

5 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

All good points about forcing mistakes out of opponents who will make poor decisions if pressed. 

Suspensions, yes. That will be good for me as I have youngster who will get game time. In my gegenpress, I've got tighter marking and stay on feet, but perhaps I should go for get stuck in :lol:

@AddicksFan I'm getting confused. I thought you liked yellows :stop:

Haha very good.....

10 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

This Bosnian/ Luxembourger striker just arrived in my youth intake! Now we're talking :lock:

thill.thumb.jpg.811b9e2f832fdf7c89f334884d6fe8e9.jpg

Looks good, just gotta remove that tries killer balls often trait, get him mentored and maybe train him to place shots and he'll be a great player

Edited by AddicksFan

26 minutes ago, AddicksFan said:

Looks good, just gotta remove that tries killer balls often trait, get him mentored and maybe train him to place shots and he'll be a great player

Yes! Although now we have an abundance of young promising strikers. However I'm not one to complain :D

The shortest transfer in the club: 10 days :D

Salis Abdul Samed arrived on the 1st of July and left the 11th... It's already tough enough to recruit decent players but if they leave so quick, how can I win the championship??

image.thumb.png.708fc989d364b442991d5a29ced152aa.png

2 hours ago, roganp said:

dK1NRkQ.png

The squad:

Bwq2ZsK.jpg

Excellent opening post on your Nantes career. Thank you for posting in here.

I have played as Nantes on FM2020 and they have some amazing young players, Youan and Basilla being the stand out players for me. Good luck with Nantes. I look forward to seeing how you do.

So after Sadiq got injured Diallo stepped up and I was doing really well. Well I am down to 5th now after losing to Jogo's Lorient again and lost to Marseile as well.

Also to make things worst Diallo has now got a broken foot and out for 3 months.

image.thumb.png.31260678b09694526a83fb44f3d51858.png

I am hoping Geubbels will step up now as he has the talent to do so, I will need him to start banging the goals in to keep my European qualification dreams alive.

image.thumb.png.96cff8ec8eb6bd29ed945ae79e539117.png

3 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I have managed to get through to another French Cup Final, will I win it this time ?

image.thumb.png.db40cd6a098c38a7bd239838cfcdf714.png

Looks like you're making great progress in your save. Good luck in the final!

On 22/05/2020 at 09:35, bendixkunert2 said:

Rennes is pretty overpowered with the right tactic imo. But they are fun to play with. On my Rennes save Raphinha and Niang became absolutely goal scoring machines ( before I got a 60M bid for Niang lol). Maoussa and Traore are also really, really good wingbacks to support them on the flanks. They also have one of the more underrated wonderkids on FM in their youth team in Rutter who develops extremely well with game time. I can recommend this team.

You should have seen what they did to me in my Clermont save...I lost 2-0 my goalie kept it close. Should have lost by more,

What shocked me was the fact that they were struggling in season2 of my save with all those wonderkids.

Also Camavinga bossed the central midfield.

I'm halfway through my FMCU opening pages for FC Lorient if anyone fancies reading it.

I'll still be posting in here but probably short and snappy rather than image-laden posts. I've only ever tried FMCU once, and it died very quickly so this is a challenge to myself as much as anything.

1 hour ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Just lucky you're not playing Lorient - I hope it goes well for you :lol:

Lorient seem to be the team I can't beat. I hope I beat them one day lol.

2 hours ago, roganp said:

Looks like you're making great progress in your save. Good luck in the final!

Thank you for the kind words.

36 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

I'm halfway through my FMCU opening pages for FC Lorient if anyone fancies reading it.

I'll still be posting in here but probably short and snappy rather than image-laden posts. I've only ever tried FMCU once, and it died very quickly so this is a challenge to myself as much as anything.

I look forward to having a nosey at your career thread buddy.

On a bit of a dry run with FC Metz at the moment. I can't seem to find consistency.

image.thumb.png.7a1a42d5e5987194c0e1ff13c53caf26.png

I now have to play Lyon in the Cup Final. Is there a shock win for FC Metz on the cards or a total thrashing by Lyon ?

Cameroon have an interesting World Cup group with Argentina,Denmark and Jamiaca.

image.thumb.png.a103da081cf9018342251c1e688f059c.png 

Cup Final

I lined up against Lyon with an attacking midfielder up front in not his natural position but despite my massive squad I didn't have a decent enough striker as Geubbels is better on the wing.

My team was working hard keeping Lyon at bay but also attacking well but just not being able to finish the game off.

At 0-0 at the 89th minute I was preparing for extra time and penalties and then out of nowhere I get a free kick just outside the box.

Parfait Guigon puts the ball down and tells his team mates he has got this.

He weighs up where he wants to aim the free kick.

He takes the shot and swerves it to the right leaving the keeper speechless.

image.thumb.png.85b785bb0ad5c3507499f21b687dbfa2.png

image.thumb.png.7f004c107a3044bcf9963b74c725054e.png

image.thumb.png.6b3a6576501dc13f4e128c14b6bed630.png

F.C Metz Season 3 Review

Well I won the cup and I ended up getting 6th place so overall another good season. What I am worried about is I feel like I can only take F.C Metz so far and top 6 is the highest I will ever be able to take them.

I am hoping to get top 4 next season and try get Champions League football.

image.thumb.png.dee554b54ae254bf40f53ac031913d99.png

As you can see I need to convert more draws into wins from looking at the teams above me. That is the difference. I need to think of quality instead of quantity with my squad. I think a bit of an overhaul is needed.

My best player was Opa Nguette who I was going to sell in the summer but kept him and he repaid his faith with 15 goals from the right wing as a inside forward, he was my top scorer but that was probably due to my main strikers Diallo and Sadiq getting big injuries.

image.thumb.png.7963395386ccd94f96c2ea6081ae7f4b.png

Other star players were Claudio Gomes who I got on loan from Man City and was excellent and had my best average rating in the squad.

image.thumb.png.40b64d3aee5862c3a04a04d6363244e7.png

Angelo Fulgini has been quietly doing his job and getting the most assists in the team with 13 assists for the season.

image.thumb.png.4f3d9917113d4130664732af377908b9.png

Habib Diallo who was injured for 3-4 months of the season still got 14 goals from 17 games so he was lethal but was just unlucky with injuries and the fact that I started Sadiq for the start of the season.

Diallo will be my main striker next season and I will give Sadiq game time as well but Diallo will be the main man.

image.thumb.png.239a5174bd6a69142ddfc2312c6ef07d.png

image.thumb.png.5a5277bf72d54a03b7191bf631c6b610.png

13 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

F.C Metz Season 3 Review

Well I won the cup and I ended up getting 6th place so overall another good season. What I am worried about is I feel like I can only take F.C Metz so far and top 6 is the highest I will ever be able to take them.

I am hoping to get top 4 next season and try get Champions League football.

image.thumb.png.dee554b54ae254bf40f53ac031913d99.png

As you can see I need to convert more draws into wins from looking at the teams above me. That is the difference. I need to think of quality instead of quantity with my squad. I think a bit of an overhaul is needed.

My best player was Opa Nguette who I was going to sell in the summer but kept him and he repaid his faith with 15 goals from the right wing as a inside forward, he was my top scorer but that was probably due to my main strikers Diallo and Sadiq getting big injuries.

image.thumb.png.7963395386ccd94f96c2ea6081ae7f4b.png

Other star players were Claudio Gomes who I got on loan from Man City and was excellent and had my best average rating in the squad.

image.thumb.png.40b64d3aee5862c3a04a04d6363244e7.png

Angelo Fulgini has been quietly doing his job and getting the most assists in the team with 13 assists for the season.

image.thumb.png.4f3d9917113d4130664732af377908b9.png

Habib Diallo who was injured for 3-4 months of the season still got 14 goals from 17 games so he was lethal but was just unlucky with injuries and the fact that I started Sadiq for the start of the season.

Diallo will be my main striker next season and I will give Sadiq game time as well but Diallo will be the main man.

image.thumb.png.239a5174bd6a69142ddfc2312c6ef07d.png

image.thumb.png.5a5277bf72d54a03b7191bf631c6b610.png

Qualify for Champs League and you'll start getting the revenue in which leads to bigger budgets....keep going....nice team yopur putting together there

A really good start to the season, breaking a couple of League 2 records in most clean sheets in a row and games unbeaten. Some good wins against the favoured sides, just squeaked past Caen 2-1 after we both had a man sent off....

image.thumb.png.931a7ef991ed7c5b30a06e5890baf37d.png

image.thumb.png.4bfe13637d40d4c5e976c760387eea61.png

This chap has been fantastic

image.thumb.png.038e7e8fc869499058031ec355509bd5.png

10 minutes ago, AddicksFan said:

Qualify for Champs League and you'll start getting the revenue in which leads to bigger budgets....keep going....nice team yopur putting together there

Cheers mate, I aint going to give up, I will be doing another 3-5 seasons more with F.C Metz even if I get stuck on 5-6th place every season as I am really enjoying the save.

Just want to try get better now.

7 minutes ago, AddicksFan said:

A really good start to the season, breaking a couple of League 2 records in most clean sheets in a row and games unbeaten. Some good wins against the favoured sides, just squeaked past Caen 2-1 after we both had a man sent off....

image.thumb.png.931a7ef991ed7c5b30a06e5890baf37d.png

image.thumb.png.4bfe13637d40d4c5e976c760387eea61.png

This chap has been fantastic

image.thumb.png.038e7e8fc869499058031ec355509bd5.png

Well done mate, I am glad you are doing well. Keep up the good work.

10 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

@AddicksFan Doing nicely with Sochaux. If you need a new centre-back, given your fondness for yellow I would love to see you sign Yaya Banana :cool:

@Ronaldo Beckham A great league campaign to finish 6th again. Another entry in to the Europa League plus a cup win too, keep up the good work :thup:

Cheers Jogo. I am happy with my gradual progress. I am also happy with loads of people doing French League careers.

Yes, good to see France being so popular. You could say it's 'en vogue' and it's a reward for your idea of creating this general thread after a few years absence.

I have to credit @smp20 for my own inspiration, and hopefully my own FMCU will be as enjoyable as his (so many good French saves in here and that forum now).

5 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Yes, good to see France being so popular. You could say it's 'en vogue' and it's a reward for your idea of creating this general thread after a few years absence.

I have to credit @smp20 for my own inspiration, and hopefully my own FMCU will be as enjoyable as his (so many good French saves in here and that forum now).

Yeah it was @smp20's career with Lens that inspired me to start the thread so he does deserve a lot of credit. I also want to thank you @Jogo Bonito for the information you have given me in the last week or 2 and contributing on here.