Unofficial French League Superthread

11 minutes ago, 10Sammo10 said:

Think I’m going to start up a save with Nice. Some exciting young players and like the idea of Jim Ratcliffe wanting to bring over an English manager and (hopefully) give a bit of money to spend.

Looking forward to seeing if Atal is a good as he irl. 

Looks like some great saves on this thread. Look forward to reading! 

Welcome to the thread and I look forward to seeing how you do with Nice.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, raymondafc said:

I've been looking for a new idea for a save after getting bored with my current Arsenal save and stumbled upon this thread! I managed ASSE as part of a multi-club save on FM18 and really enjoyed the 4 seasons I spent there before getting sacked lol.

I only have 2 choices to make really, which team to be and full fat or Touch! There are so many good sides in France when you scratch the surface, I've narrowed it down to ASSE (for sentimental reasons), Rennes, Metz or Bordeaux.

Once I find  the right club & decide which version to play I will join in here and update you on my failings :lol:

Welcome!

France is home to many threads at the moment, but we are supportive and read them all. (At least I do)

Any team is welcome but I would suggest one that isn't taken by someone else.

11 hours ago, AddicksFan said:

End of September...so far so good,

Team, sorted by form - King Kebbeh (now wanted by the big boys) topping the charts, special mention to Prevot, some brilliant performances keeping us in games yet only a 6.94 average....Are GK's avg ratings an issue in FM??

That is a solid start, and yes I believe GK ratings are definitely a big issue. They make 10 saves and end up with a 7.0

10 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Number 3 in the French League for producing players in the top leagues, taking over PSG who are now 4th.7

Great going mate!

9 hours ago, bendixkunert2 said:

The group of death.

Yikes that is tough, but good start! Even getting 3rd may be tough but hopefully you can manage that.

8 hours ago, 10Sammo10 said:

Think I’m going to start up a save with Nice. Some exciting young players and like the idea of Jim Ratcliffe wanting to bring over an English manager and (hopefully) give a bit of money to spend.
Looking forward to seeing if Atal is a good as he irl. 

Looks like some great saves on this thread. Look forward to reading! 

Great welcome to the thread!

7 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Welcome!

France is home to many threads at the moment, but we are supportive and read them all. (At least I do)

Any team is welcome but I would suggest one that isn't taken by someone else.

I do too :D

FC Metz Season 5 Update

So basically I am doing well in the league and doing terrible in my Europe League group lol.

image.thumb.png.336ba68c963fd66c22107b252252050b.png

Ake Loba has took over from Diallo and is now the number 1 striker at the club. I do still play Diallo once a month or twice if there is a cup game. 

Loba showed me that he can step up and be the main man at the club, something that Sadiq couldn't do and now Diallo has a task to get back in to the team. Ideally I would play them both up front but I never like formations with 2 strikers.

10 goals in 13 games for Loba shows my Assistant was right to play him.

Diallo has played 4 games and scored once. I will give him a run in a few weeks and give Loba a rest.

image.thumb.png.22cc1c494f42cd72974b41efa959f6b9.png

Bubacarr Kebbeh is starting to make BBM role in my centre midfield his own, he is doing well, scoring 2 goals in 4 games.

image.thumb.png.4693fbdf9f14590da2aaf353430f8101.png

My only other transfer coming in was Youssouf Kone who is a 28 year old Mali International Left Back signed for £1.2m from Lyon. He is doing well so far.

image.thumb.png.20499a5ba25e735386df927708708a15.png

I am currently 4th in the league with 6 league wins, 2 draws and 3 losses.

image.thumb.png.38a450e362826ed1ffd0fbe1cad7e3ad.png

27 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Seems like it was pretty harsh to drop him in the first place! 

I never realised how much backlash I would get for dropping him. I didn't realise how much of a favorite he had become to people on here. I didn't drop him, I had a new player I wanted to try out and he done very well for me. The plan this season was to have Diallo play 30 games and Loba play the rest and that is what will probably happen now.

I love Diallo but I always like trying out new players.

Also I am the Ivory Coast manager and Loba is one of their few natural strikers they have so I need to play him to justify picking him for Ivory Coast.

Edited by Ronaldo Beckham

1 hour ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I never realised how much backlash I would get for dropping him. I didn't realise how much of a favorite he had become to people on here. I didn't drop him, I had a new player I wanted to try out and he done very well for me. The plan this season was to have Diallo play 30 games and Loba play the rest and that is what will probably happen now.

I love Diallo but I always like trying out new players.

Also I am the Ivory Coast manager and Loba is one of their few natural strikers they have so I need to play him to justify picking him for Ivory Coast.

True true, was just pulling your leg ;)

This is something I do struggle with on almost all my saves. Basically when your players are punching above their weight and doing really well, but still to progress as a club you need to at some point get in better players and drop some of your favorites. It's harsh but sometimes it's gotta be done! I will be in the same position with my Red star team very soon and particularly with my striker Thierry ambrose. 

Thanks for all the comments, I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 24 hours as this is the first full fat game I've played really in about 5 years! I've decided to use the post by O-zil to the Arsenal! and try to set up a total football 4-2-3-1 tactic and have also been reading up on youth development, training and scouting!

I've promoted Nathan Cremillieux, Wesley Fofana, Alexandre Valbon, Luis Sánchez, Tyrone Tormin, Edmilson Correia & Charles Abi to enable them to be mentored by more influential players. I have a question for the more experienced here, does the number of players in a mentoring group matter? Will too many kind of water it down so to speak? I've posted an SS of my tactics below, feel free to pick it apart!

Tactic.png

Edited by raymondafc

1 hour ago, karanhsingh said:

True true, was just pulling your leg ;)

This is something I do struggle with on almost all my saves. Basically when your players are punching above their weight and doing really well, but still to progress as a club you need to at some point get in better players and drop some of your favorites. It's harsh but sometimes it's gotta be done! I will be in the same position with my Red star team very soon and particularly with my striker Thierry ambrose. 

Yeah I know you are just joking. Anyway Diallo has just won the African Player Of The Year

image.thumb.png.a072bbcfe9514c360316a24d40cb68e4.png

Diallo & Loba are in the African XI Of The Year

image.thumb.png.0f888c322c464b2e51c006fe5731544d.png

Loba got African Striker Of The Year, Diallo got 3rd place and Rivaldo Coetzee got 2nd place in the African Defender Of The Year awards

image.thumb.png.8d14f97573ad1f55180a472ac64bb48a.png

fran%25C3%25A7a%2B-%2BLosc%2BLille%2B-%2Bnovo.png

update 1.2

It's been going really well and a lot of fun. Our 4231 system seems to really work. But onto a few games.

First we played PSG. I expected a loss but we were absolutely all over them. Got a bit lucky with a last minute winner from Bamba but deserved the 3 points.

game1.thumb.png.e54beb005467c07bacd7b00b271b3730.png

We did lose to Tottenham but we played well away from home, could have stolen a point but wasn't meant to be.

Unbenannt.thumb.png.6cafc1a2f653a1f40b1f02342bfa8418.png

This was arguably our best performance of the season. We had no RBs available because well our first choice RB was dead tired and our 2nd choice RB has a torn ACL. But still we were all over them and Victor banged in the winner.

Unbenannt.thumb.png.f498338ca25a2b42d67b3dd3b62870ea.png

It won't get any easier though as we will travel to San San Siro to face Inter next. But so far it has been a very impressive start for us. Bama, Ikone, Victor and Yazici have been nothing short of amazing and our defense has been stout.

Current league table after 10 games looks as follows:

Unbenannt.thumb.png.cb2b9775d0408048169325b81bc39795.png

The board also gave us a transfer budget of 10 million for the upcoming transfer window. We definitely need a RB/CB for depth purposes. We nearly cannot rotate there.

@bendixkunert2 wow that is brilliant! Already quite a lead over PSG. Hope you can keep it up.

@raymondafc the tactic looks good in principle but do you have the right players for all these roles. For example F9, IF, etc. Also I like to have at least two players usually on attack duties. And choose the roles that best suit my players. 

Mid Season Update

I am currently 3rd in the league coming into the January fixtures. An amazing achievement.

image.thumb.png.eb828a9acd62f66454f87d05d7987b4d.png

I am starting to think the team is coming together with Diallo and Loba lead the forward line and then you got Rivaldo Coetzee and my newgen Madeno Albenas forming a very strong defensive wall and then you got Fulgini supplying the forwards with Jonathan Bamba and Djibrail Dib on the wings bombing forward.

I am really happy with my team now and they still got plently of years ahead of them.

Talking of forming a a good defensive wall I have just agreed a free transfer signing of highly rated Belgium player Zinho Vanheusden. I have a strict tranfer policy of only signing French or African players but he was one I had to make an exception for.

image.thumb.png.8bbf2f3f7ec1c5c0bd5bdc9877402aa6.png

I have also just agreed the free transfer signing of Ismaila Soro who will join in the summer.

image.thumb.png.0dae568aa90e90a374914f7cf6e2fdc7.png

I have been on a good run lately, I have only lost in the league once and that was to Lyon.

image.thumb.png.e5dcb027b1eff4c7d1154973e1257da5.png

Loba has come back from injury but I am swapping him and Diallo to keep them both happy and hopefully they will try outdo each other as competition brings out the best in players.

Loba has got 10 goals in 16 game so far and is top scorer for Metz

image.thumb.png.621591be5cefc6977f42b5ab48d38a7b.png

Diallo got 8 goals in 13 games so far 

image.thumb.png.91b3d226eec147e77189911c09f2af33.png

Cracking stuff mate! Good to have two quality strikers.

I completely forgot about Soro. i signed him somewhere before (maybe Legia) and he's an excellent signing. At 5'8", I wouldn't be playing him as a centre-back though, I'm not sure why his rating for that role is so high. In fact, I may have to consider him at Lorient if I get promoted :thup:

4 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Cracking stuff mate! Good to have two quality strikers.

I completely forgot about Soro. i signed him somewhere before (maybe Legia) and he's an excellent signing. At 5'8", I wouldn't be playing him as a centre-back though, I'm not sure why his rating for that role is so high. In fact, I may have to consider him at Lorient if I get promoted :thup:

Yeah I could buy him now for £4.4m but he wont get in the team this season so he is better off getting game time this season for his current team Celtic.

8 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Yeah I could buy him now for £4.4m but he wont get in the team this season so he is better off getting game time this season for his current team Celtic.

Absolutely! He should be great value on a free transfer.

I have conceded a set-piece goal every game for the last 6. Tearing my hair out. Any tips? I am training defend set pieces before every game now.

We have had yet another injury to a first-team player as well, Lisandru Tramoni again! Funny thing is ALL the injuries are happening in games, so not sure what I can even do.

11 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

@bendixkunert2 : So Much winning with Lille. KUTGW:applause:

Beat the Galactic Empire at their own game.

until I had consecutive away games at Lyon, Marseille and Barcelona in a span of 6 days and got absolutely battered.:lol:

But more on that in my January update.:D

13 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

I have conceded a set-piece goal every game for the last 6. Tearing my hair out. Any tips? I am training defend set pieces before every game now.

We have had yet another injury to a first-team player as well, Lisandru Tramoni again! Funny thing is ALL the injuries are happening in games, so not sure what I can even do.

Do you actually set up your own Set piece routines?

I tend to have my 4 tallest players zonally mark the box. The shortest (with least heading )guard the posts. Next 2 Tallest, man mark their Tallest. And the playmaker at edge of box. A goal threat forward.

Just now, Hootieleece said:

Do you actually set up your own Set piece routines?

I tend to have my 4 tallest players zonally mark the box. The shortest (with least heading )guard the posts. Next 2 Tallest, man mark their Tallest. And the playmaker at edge of box. A goal threat forward.

I will have a look. Had gone through it and made some changes a while back. Funny thing is we haven't actually conceded that many, it's just the last 6-7 games it seems to be happening a lot. Also we don't have that many tall players TBH, beyond our two CBs.

1 minute ago, karanhsingh said:

I will have a look. Had gone through it and made some changes a while back. Funny thing is we haven't actually conceded that many, it's just the last 6-7 games it seems to be happening a lot. Also we don't have that many tall players TBH, beyond our two CBs.

I actually have 3 routines that are variations on that system. I base the positions on the First Choice players. I don't fiddle with it except at start of season. With offensive Corners I fiddle with if primary taker changes. 

9 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Guys, I don't know why but for some reason the clubs in the Ivory Coast have stopped producing any new-gens after the first season in my game. The likes of ASEC, etc. Can someone check on your saves? 

Can you wait a couple of months until I get to the second season? :lol:

Just now, Jogo Bonito said:

Can you wait a couple of months until I get to the second season? :lol:

Lol sure.

Also I think I just realized why I am getting so many injuries. Due to the WC in Qatar we have been playing 8 games a month since January, so I probably should have taken all my players off high intensity individual training for the second half of the season. I didn't do that and the extra work-load has probably led to a spate of injuries. Sadly it's too late to change that now.

Just now, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Seems to be less and less as the seasons have gone on.

Thanks. That's very strange, in my save they had 2 in the first season (both currently established in my first team squad) and ZERO since in 3 years. I can't understand it. 

Must be your database settings, although I went with the large option so not too sure.

1 minute ago, karanhsingh said:

Thanks. That's very strange, in my save they had 2 in the first season (both currently established in my first team squad) and ZERO since in 3 years. I can't understand it. 

Must be your database settings, although I went with the large option so not too sure.

I don't know if it makes any difference but I used this database that Jogo recommended but it might not even be that.

Maybe Jogo will know.

Lille_OSC_logo.png

update 1.3

Unfortunately we could not quiet keep up our form from the first few months but we also overachieved there so we came back down to earth if you will. We did crash out in the UCL in the end in 4th position. We did actually beat Inter at home and draw at San Siro to sit atop the group after 4 games with 7 points. But we received some absolutely beating by Tottenham 3-0 and at Barcelona 6-1 to finish last with 7 points. I don't think it's the worst thing in the world because I really don't like the UEL and we don't have the depth to play in 4 competitions, not even 3 actually. Still a good showing and a lot to take away from. We are able to compete in most games but our attacking style can get completely exposed at times. Same thing happened here:

Unbenannt.thumb.png.54bedd6f61bb6062273ebfcf85572d67.png

I don't even think we played horrible. Lyon was just a lot better in finishing their chances. This game was followed by a game at Marseille where we led 2-0 at halftime and collapsed in the 2nd half to lose 3-2. Frustrating but it happens. After that we got hammered 6-1 at Camp Nou and there was a good bit pressure to turn it around. We didn't light the world on fire with our following 3 performances but we did manage to beat Metz and Nimes in the league and Béziers in the CDL.

We are going to enter January still atop of the league but the gap to PSG is only 2 points with Lyon just behind them. I don't think we can hold them off for long but still very happy where things are standing right now.

Unbenannt.thumb.png.0e62ff28ba1339a25b93c62a41aac1eb.png

We will be looking for a RB and CB in the transfer window to improve the depth of the team which is really bad in the back 4. Our transfer budget is 12M which is good.

October and November - tough run of fixtures in November see Sochaux come unstuck against Rennes however great results against Marseille and Lyon, see us high up the league.

image.thumb.png.0256c39545854805320ccf2f511a6f25.png

image.thumb.png.400f30d8c0679c3108006084c8d26daf.png

Injuries to key players could be damaging to our longer term aspirations - Fonsinho had been on fire before getting a long term injury

image.thumb.png.e2760ebbb3603e816d6a18ac7b8a0f85.png

I've got a few players throwing their toys out the pram because they feel they deserve either a new contract or more playing time.....will probably ship them on in the summer but it is proving difficult to sell players...

Kebbeh, Diagne and Pellissard are now wanted by a number of big clubs.....

Edited by AddicksFan