Do you attend AI matches to scout the opposition?

Created this thread branching off of some discussion in the FM20 feedback thread. Personally I don't attend AI games to scout the opposition or a player that I'm interested in although I very occasionally watch some goals from games involving AI vs AI. 

So yeah, do you attend AI games for any reason?

As mentioned, I sometimes attend an opponents match before a big final or important game to see if i can spot any weakness ..

I also use it as a tool to hep unsettle a player that isn't interested in joining yet... you get a notification of a report in the press saying you've been spotted watching the player and the player can then comment on it..

23 minutes ago, Welshace said:

I also use it as a tool to hep unsettle a player that isn't interested in joining yet.

This is the only time I will use it and I just leave the match straight away although I will sometimes sign a player because of a performance in a match against my own side (or a series of performances).

7 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Only for finals. But also to scout/unsettle major targets (currently doing it to Dybala, who has gone from zero interest to interested over the months as a result, and a reported fee of 113m has drop to 74m)

Have you found a successful approach to lowering the fee once they end up on the transfer list or do you move in right away? I'm straight in for the kill once I see they're listed.

9 minutes ago, likesiamesefish said:

Have you found a successful approach to lowering the fee once they end up on the transfer list or do you move in right away? I'm straight in for the kill once I see they're listed.

I usually move in once they are on the list. Even if they reject my price, the fallout often drives the price down again

i sadly attend the big derbies around the world Boca v River Partizan v Red star Fenerbache V Galatasaray Olympiacos V Panathinikos and the Milan derby oh and the lisbon derby, i just enjoy watching them.

Use it frequently in games I intend to stay at the same club and in the same league a long time.

When Im in the mood to embrace a league and learn it inside out.

Done this with the Belarusian Highest League, been managing in it for 8 seasons and no the opposition teams inside out 

1 hour ago, sidslayer said:

I didn’t know that starting a game then leaving straight away counts as attending for scouting a game. Makes a difference. Thanks for the tip. 

I didn't realise that either. Worth knowing