£88m + "Add-Ons": Have You Ever Received Eden Hazard type Money for a Player in the Last Year of their Contract in FM?

When I try shopping a player around in the last year of their contract-even World Class players-I've never received an offer even close to what is happening IRL with Hazard to Real Madrid. Never. 

Doesn't matter what their age or potential is. As soon as I try to offload them, it's as if the AI is triggered to come in with low ball offers every time because apparently I'm desperate. 

In Real Madrid's case, is it just a case of a desperate rebuild, knowing Hazard was going to sign with them anyway so they just decided to throw some stupid money for him right now and something like this could never be replicated in FM? 

Am I the only one who's had no luck offloading players for decent money? 

I think the difference is, and it's difficult comparing what happens in real life with what happens in-game anyway, is that IRL Chelsea weren't trying to sell Hazard. They are in a situation where they have a choice, to keep him another season and reap the benefits of having him in the  team - but lose him for nothing at the end of the season, OR let him go bu make enough money off the transfer to recoup the lost opportunity of having him in the team. So Real have to offer enough to tip the balance toward 'better to sell now for $xxxx than keep for a season (and yes, somebody somewhere will have run a forecast of financial benefits of keeping him and calculated a threshold price/value.

If they were actively trying to sell, the price would be far lower than is being talked about and Real's negotiators would have a much easier job. 

In this case though, I think the player instigated things rather than Chelsea and Real's job is to offer a package that meets/beats that 'threshold'.

In-game, once you indicate that you want to sell a player, the low-ball offers are all triggered because, well, you don;t want him anymore. I have no idea how to work around this and how to get better price for players  I don't want, in this edition I am resigned to the fact that I will be running a lot of contracts down, I have three or four players that are of no use to me out on loan for a season or two until their contracts run down. Players owned by other clubs but I still pay a chunk of their salary etc.

This is the hardest FM that I have played to sell players.

I received £70M for 31 year old Aubamayeng from Real Madrid and £52M from Inter for 31 year old Ozil (having loaned him out the previous season) in summer 2020.

Tried to do the same with Lacazette in 2021, but no takers, contract expires in 2022. Debating whether to re-up on hopefully lower terms or let him walk.

In general, I want to know how people maximize transfer fees?

Do you place players on the transfer-list and wait for an offer or o you offer a player out without placing him on the list? Either way seems that when ever I do that, it signals that I don't want the player and therefore, vultures swarm with cut rate offers. 

I rarely get an offer that matches the listed value of a player, much less receive an offer at my asking price or one that blows me out of the water (I have on two occasions, once for Lucas Torriera and once for De Ligt --but both reject).

Transfer listing a guy drives his price down. If I want rid, I play the guy so that there's interest, then I reject all non-negotiable bids and try to negotiate up any ones that come in that I can negotiate.

Sometimes I just get desperate, and then I transfer list. Still managed to get £28m for Chris Smalling, £26m for Matteo Darmian in the first transfer window with both their contracts expiring in 2019 though. 

I had a regen striker who was refusing any kind of contract extension.

I gambled and hoped a solid start to the season would get him happy at the club again. 

This didn't happen, he still wouldn't enter talks.

Put him for his value of 65m in October

Managed to sell for 50m plus 50% of next sale

I thought this was decent value for a player they could have signed for free 3 months later.

Problem with what irl happened is that real were desesperate to get hazard, and chelsea didn't want to sell so only a high offer would make them sell

In game the only one that is shown "desesperate" is the human manager, other ones only get that tag if they transfer list

On 06/06/2019 at 18:42, Heywood JaBlowme said:

Doesn't matter what their age or potential is. As soon as I try to offload them, it's as if the AI is triggered to come in with low ball offers every time because apparently I'm desperate. 

The key point being 'try to offload them'. When you are offered a player, or see one transfer listed, you expect him to be available for quite cheap. Same works for the AI. By offering a player to clubs, you are sending the message that you do not want the player. They will therefore think they are going to be cheap. Exactly the same as you would. You do not get big offers in this situation, because why would you?

The key difference is with your example is Real Madrid wanted to buy a player Chelsea did not want to sell. So Real had to find a price that Chelsea were okay with. This is actually the same as what happens in FM when you try to sign a player that the selling club wants to keep. The price is really high,even after negotiations. 

I have sold players for upwards of £90 million in previous versions of FM, in situations like that of Hazard. A world class player to a very big side who are very keen to sign him. 

15 hours ago, WorcesterLegend said:

Problem with what irl happened is that real were desesperate to get hazard, and chelsea didn't want to sell so only a high offer would make them sell

In game the only one that is shown "desesperate" is the human manager, other ones only get that tag if they transfer list

Nonono ai can get desperate too believe me. If you keep refusing offers they will offer you crazy money for player.

hace 4 horas, Filke dijo:

Nonono ai can get desperate too believe me. If you keep refusing offers they will offer you crazy money for player.

I know, but is a 1 of every 20 or so players i sold players for over 150m in fm17 when 150m was a crazy amount for any player problem arises when they just won't pay over 100m (this is fm17 im talking about, the one i have more knowledge of) and only teams from top premier league or huge success teams like madrid would will pay its more frustrating when the press says "x team would pay 70m when you paid 100m for that same player 3 seasons ago"

Archived