New!! 442 Burg! Wolfsburg 1st Season Champions!!! Underdog & Top Team (Chelsea Treble 102pts)

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does the right striker tend to score more goals than the left striker because their is (deeper) delivery from the left IWB, where as the left striker doesn't receive as much delivery because the right IWB is on attack.- as well as the fact that the BBM on the left side may conflict with the left striker's positioning and movement?

That would be my guess; I was wondering if would be worth changing the right IWB's mentality to support, so that their a balance? It may also provide more defensive stability, although I know it would affect the fluidity. Might be.worth trialling it at least. 

P.S. when can we expect to see the results of your 4141 being shared?

1 hour ago, Filke said:

what team talks do u use?

I think I mentioned a couple pages back. I just tend to use what assistant recommended...or no pressure against big teams away

25 minutes ago, harisnuriakhlaq said:

Does the right striker tend to score more goals than the left striker because their is (deeper) delivery from the left IWB, where as the left striker doesn't receive as much delivery because the right IWB is on attack.- as well as the fact that the BBM on the left side may conflict with the left striker's positioning and movement?

That would be my guess; I was wondering if would be worth changing the right IWB's mentality to support, so that their a balance? It may also provide more defensive stability, although I know it would affect the fluidity. Might be.worth trialling it at least. 

P.S. when can we expect to see the results of your 4141 being shared?

Also because he has the playmaker playing behind him. As the football is played down the middle, you DLP either looks for the run of the striker ahead or the winger, you winger then produces quick crosses

I believe at different teams, changing mentality may work. I released a version  where the DLP was on defend for away games but people used it for home matches too because it suited their team. 

The only reason why I wouldn't change it from attack is because of the fluidity and I like how they perform. 

And probably tonight!,

1 hour ago, Filke said:

Too many red cards and too many 1 on 1 counter attacks against me.

The tactic isn’t flawless. But too many red cards? I get an average of around 3/4 red cards, that’s pretty normal. It’s also a very attacking tactic so you will get hit on counter attacks. It’s important to have great team cohesion. This tactic allows the lesser clubs to play attacking football

11 hours ago, Sinbad7104 said:

Just took over Newcastle in 2020 and will be using this, the finances are in tatters, due to fail FFP and the squad aint in great shape. 

My plan is to introduce 'Fibro' DNA to the club. The wingers and playmaker might be the exceptions though.

Hopefully that'll stop me getting bored for a couple of seasons.

What is 'fibro'?

Just now, Augustin1979 said:

Ok, thanks!

Its not important as the home and away tactic. Top top away is is just a different option as at the time I had Hazard, Kante and Willian injured so i was trying play a little more cautious without having to change something big like the tempo. 

1 hour ago, afizzyuk said:

It has winers and full backs under lapping. So they come Inside even more and make the pitch narrower.  That was the idea anyway, I only used it occassionally,  against Lpool and City away. 

Interesting you mention that cause I just thumped city 5-0 using that tactic as Aston Villa. Seems to work the best for me out of the lot. Awesome stuff as usual, keep em coming please! 

Edit: Also seems to make my wingers score a lot. Beat Shaktar 9-0 in the champions league the next game with my wingers scoring 6 of the goals, basically assisting each other. 

15 hours ago, afizzyuk said:

Its not important as the home and away tactic. Top top away is is just a different option as at the time I had Hazard, Kante and Willian injured so i was trying play a little more cautious without having to change something big like the tempo. 

do not give up doing good tactics for small teams, because for big teams it's easier!

so I ask to continue in the small teams.
Thanks for the great work.

NEW TWEAK/TEST AND TRAINING SCHEDULES AND UPDATED OP!!!

On 04/03/2019 at 12:01, afizzyuk said:

442 UNIVERSAL!! NEW UPDATED TACTIC 442 Burg V3.32

WOLFSBURG TEST!!! BUNDESLIGA CHAMPIONS 1ST SEASON!!! 14PTS DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 2ND PLACE!!! (PROJECTED TO FINISHED 8TH)

HOME:   442 Burg.fmf 45.41 kB · 0 downloads  AWAY:  442 Burg Away.fmf 45.43 kB · 0 downloads

20190318150418_1.thumb.jpg.d406ee64663efb02d53183528d5d26c6.jpg20190318150159_1.thumb.jpg.ea5ae29f14ea675b1564f86a405bd525.jpg20190318150249_1.thumb.jpg.34edf077bed23b9a9853bc2918032bba.jpg

20190318150259_1.thumb.jpg.39a513fd36525ff8f94ea9c8f1a9f3e7.jpg20190318142538_1.thumb.jpg.97e211c31406ed5054afdb09d97a6439.jpg20190318132951_1.thumb.jpg.1e72921ee364b46fad4bc4024c5cab1b.jpg

MY TEAM ALSO DOMINATED OTHERS GETTING 40+ SHOTS!!!

20190318142320_1.thumb.jpg.fa6f2cae354e21798c867cef65891458.jpg20190318143250_1.thumb.jpg.90d5d1d131dd8ef561844822e1289d61.jpg

TEAM COHESION IMPORTANT!!! (FOR ANY TACTIC BELOW TOO):

STICK TO TRAINING SCHEDULES BELOW TO ACHIEVE THAT

20190318142337_1.thumb.jpg.cf4bad8b29e8cac426ceef283ba47ea0.jpg

41 minutes ago, davecrossley said:

@afizzyukhow's the 4-1-4-1 coming along? 

it wasn't anywhere near effective as the 442, not even for away games. attack just wasn't threatening. and was not more solid defensively either. not ruling the 4-1-4-1 out though! must be a way

25 minutes ago, BuryBlade said:

Discovered this thread today, enjoyed reading through all the posts. Will try the latest tactics from the OP later tonight. 

thanks man! it could be more detailed if i could add more screenshots. at the moment i'm at the limit

1 minute ago, afizzyuk said:

thanks man! it could be more detailed if i could add more screenshots. at the moment i'm at the limit

I think you’ve added plenty of detail and images. Gives plenty of explanation and I’m looking forward to finishing work and testing it out. 

Out of the V3 and the Top Team tactics, which would you suggest is the best starting point for me to test with my Inter Milan team? 

10 minutes ago, BuryBlade said:

I think you’ve added plenty of detail and images. Gives plenty of explanation and I’m looking forward to finishing work and testing it out. 

Out of the V3 and the Top Team tactics, which would you suggest is the best starting point for me to test with my Inter Milan team? 

I would use the newest one I just released. 442 Burg. Then 2nd season if you win Serie A use the Top Tactics. Inter have many foreign and new players, the top tactic will need very good dressing room atmosphere and good cohesion. 

9 minutes ago, davecrossley said:

How does this differ compared to the tactic set that included the toptop tactic?

I am wanting to play as Man Utd and wanted to know which 1 would be best to use.

I would defo use top tactic I used for Chelsea. Also a little tip, I'd use Pogba as the DLP and not B2B!

Also the difference is this the "work ball into box" so attackers take a slower approach.  This is because wolsfburg lacked technical attackers and fast strikers. Also has CB tweaks in individual instructions. Also NO OFFSIDE TRAP!! My CBs never had the best concentration, teamwork and anticipation 

2 minutes ago, cragswfc said:

How do you know when to do new traing , i mean when to choose tactiacl  when would you use? i dont understand when to use

A month has 4 weeks. See the whole picture, not week by week

12 minutes ago, cragswfc said:

How do you know when to do new traing , i mean when to choose tactiacl  when would you use? i dont understand when to use

my team cohesion dressing room is on good. once it gets to this stage then i start to use different training. choosing a tactic is down to you. if you have great strikers and CBs then you can use the top team tactic. if you have decent strikers and CBs then 442 Burg or 442 under brighton test which is the underdog tactic. Burg will suit a team with slow strikers or not technically gifted (poor passing and first touch)

my team cohesion dressing room is on good. once it gets to this stage then i start to use different training. choosing a tactic is down to you. if you have great strikers and CBs then you can use the top team tactic. if you have decent strikers and CBs then 442 Burg or 442 under brighton test which is the underdog tactic. Burg will suit a team with slow strikers or not technically gifted (poor passing and first touch)

i dont mean tactic i mean when do you choose when to select eg:- match week match tactial match defence

13 hours ago, cragswfc said:

i dont mean tactic i mean when do you choose when to select eg:- match week match tactial match defence

One way for it to be useful is use the team comparasion page. See where you’re ranked in the league by player attributes. If attacking attributes is a weakness then train attack more often. 

When you’re lower teams, tactical attributes will be VERY important!!! They often lack the decisions, off the ball, anticipation. Those are needed for fluid and high pressing tactics

Started using the V3 and top top away last night on my Inter Milan save. Bear in mind I’m 5 years in the future, (first full season with Inter who were struggling before I took over) and I’m on FMT on the iPad. This helps due to no tactical familiarity needed and no team talks, player talks etc. 

My findings are similar to what I have found previously on this version of the game, both with another downloaded tactic (used for 4 seasons) and my own 352 which I spent months working on with Sheff Utd on a different save on full fat FM.

I have only played 8 games so far, but have seen enough to know this tactic is very good. It creates lots of good chances and floods the midfield with players, mainly due to the IWB roles. 

I have made a couple of tweaks, purely based on my own save and what I have seen both with his tactic and others, my own included.

Defensively is where it is similar to what I’ve seen before. The very high line seems too vulnerable in this years game, regardless of how quick and talented your CBS are. I have therefore reverted back to a standard line and press as this worked better on my own tactic. My findings since changing this are that we are tighter at the back, giving up very few CCCs and limiting the opponents to long shots. Opponents do not get the easy out of sitting deep and then launching a long ball 70 yards over the top for two quick strikers to chase. 

Mentality is another area that I’ve struggled with since release. I’ve found the more attacking the mentality, the worse my team plays, both offensively and defensively. Not got any stats or science to prove this, but having racked up over 500 hours so far, my beat seasons have come by using balanced and cautious mentality. I have therefore changed the mentality to cautious. This has made the defence even more solid and whilst we have lost a little bit of attacking emphasis, we are still controlling the games and winning comfortably. 

These are just what I’ve found to work for me. Having looked through every single post, I can see this tactic is a monster for most people and most would think it would be crazy to change the mentality especially. I’m not saying anyone should change, I just wanted to illustrate my thoughts 😊

Credit to the OP because you’ve created a great tactic here. Thank you for having shared it and allowing the rest of us to enjoy! 

31 minutes ago, BuryBlade said:

Started using the V3 and top top away last night on my Inter Milan save. Bear in mind I’m 5 years in the future, (first full season with Inter who were struggling before I took over) and I’m on FMT on the iPad. This helps due to no tactical familiarity needed and no team talks, player talks etc. 

My findings are similar to what I have found previously on this version of the game, both with another downloaded tactic (used for 4 seasons) and my own 352 which I spent months working on with Sheff Utd on a different save on full fat FM.

I have only played 8 games so far, but have seen enough to know this tactic is very good. It creates lots of good chances and floods the midfield with players, mainly due to the IWB roles. 

I have made a couple of tweaks, purely based on my own save and what I have seen both with his tactic and others, my own included.

Defensively is where it is similar to what I’ve seen before. The very high line seems too vulnerable in this years game, regardless of how quick and talented your CBS are. I have therefore reverted back to a standard line and press as this worked better on my own tactic. My findings since changing this are that we are tighter at the back, giving up very few CCCs and limiting the opponents to long shots. Opponents do not get the easy out of sitting deep and then launching a long ball 70 yards over the top for two quick strikers to chase. 

Mentality is another area that I’ve struggled with since release. I’ve found the more attacking the mentality, the worse my team plays, both offensively and defensively. Not got any stats or science to prove this, but having racked up over 500 hours so far, my beat seasons have come by using balanced and cautious mentality. I have therefore changed the mentality to cautious. This has made the defence even more solid and whilst we have lost a little bit of attacking emphasis, we are still controlling the games and winning comfortably. 

These are just what I’ve found to work for me. Having looked through every single post, I can see this tactic is a monster for most people and most would think it would be crazy to change the mentality especially. I’m not saying anyone should change, I just wanted to illustrate my thoughts 😊

Credit to the OP because you’ve created a great tactic here. Thank you for having shared it and allowing the rest of us to enjoy! 

can you post tactic with your changes 

3 minutes ago, fmste said:

can you post tactic with your changes 

Just change the defensive line and pressing line to standard and the mentality to cautious. That’s all I’ve changed. It’s still the same tactic as OP and I won’t reproduce their work without permission because the credit is to go to them.

1 hour ago, whizzkid said:

Is the Wolfsburg tactic better than the home / away tactic that had been tested on brighton / newcastle

I’m not sure, depends who you are I think. Newcastle and Brighton are complete underdogs and Wolfsburg were a decent team but with slow strikers so I tweaked it according to that. 

But I also did a few PI tweaks I should add in the Brighton tactic to see if it’s effective 

you can play about with both of them to keep the AI guessing? I noticed that latest patch that change tactics to defend yours now 

I could use your tweak, test and post results if you want? 

I’m happy for you to do so if you want to. All I changed was:

Mentality to cautious

Defensive line to standard

pressing line of engagement to standard

I don’t have access to my pc currently so I can’t upload. Should be simple enough to edit these changes and test yourself I guess, but only if you have time and want to! 

3 hours ago, BuryBlade said:

Just an example using the minor tweaks I made, showing that just because mentality is cautious, it doesn’t mean you can’t dominate and play attacking football.

8F41A4B8-FEE0-468C-9144-A93C5D1F6F1E.jpeg

Agreed.

This is me playing Balanced and Standard Defensive Line with Standard Line Engagment. You dont lose the attacking part but just be a bit more solid in defence.

Will see how this goes in the prem....

image.thumb.png.5183ed7b681bf137bcf428137894bf26.png

14 hours ago, BuryBlade said:

Just an example using the minor tweaks I made, showing that just because mentality is cautious, it doesn’t mean you can’t dominate and play attacking football.

8F41A4B8-FEE0-468C-9144-A93C5D1F6F1E.jpeg

11 hours ago, theeyeofthetiger said:

Agreed.

This is me playing Balanced and Standard Defensive Line with Standard Line Engagment. You dont lose the attacking part but just be a bit more solid in defence.

Will see how this goes in the prem....

image.thumb.png.5183ed7b681bf137bcf428137894bf26.png

Nice shots! will test today! i was worried the Inter file was because you were seasons in. In the new patch, i noticed teams changed tactics to defend yours so playing more cautiously could help break down teams who play V defensively. will give it run, just testing another formation at the moment 

15 hours ago, slb4ever said:

Hi afizzyuk, you use the trainings one diferent for each week?

no, mainly i just use match week, i believe preparing for matches are far more important than development training. i mainly use international weeks or weeks when i'm only play one game and team cohesion is good.

if my post let me post more screenshots it would. i play youth and they develop like crazy!!!! because of game time and not training. they train more on their roles and develop during matches. they dont have to play every game either. cup games/very easy games

Nice shots! will test today! i was worried the Inter file was because you were seasons in. In the new patch, i noticed teams changed tactics to defend yours so playing more cautiously could help break down teams who play V defensively. will give it run, just testing another formation at the moment 

I’ve only been in charge for just over a season (they were 17th and sacked Mancini). I got them to 6th last season and now I’ve stared with your tactic this year. Teams seem to attack more than I expected so that’s maybe why cautious seems to be working better for me. Looking forward to seeing your test results! 

2 hours ago, BuryBlade said:

I appreciate it’s a low quality opponent in the Europa League, but my goodness the domination, and still on cautious mentality! 

4F7EA93F-EF08-4D23-AE4D-6B86409007FA.jpeg

Hello, did you change which of the tactics, Wolfsburg, Brighton?

Archived