[FM19] Realistic Weather (Updated to add Iceland)

Real-life annual weather data from weatherspark.com and climatestotravel.com was used to optimize current weather patterns, and create new ones. 

This file will do 2 things:

1. Help give the feeling of being in different countries. No longer does every region have a similar type of weather. For example, the Brazilian Amazon's Spring is now only 20% likely to be dry, instead of the original 60%(be prepared for delayed games!). It feels much more "tropical". The Spanish coast highly contrasts it, being most often very calm, dry, and mild. Originally, France used England's weather, and was 75% chance to be calm wind. Now, a match in France is 80% likely to be anywhere from breezy to extremely windy. Mexico will now either by dry or stormy. Swedish coast in the spring is no longer mostly 7-13 C, but can be anywhere from -7 to 21 C.

2. It will also, in some regions, increase whatever effect weather already has. Russian Siberia's winter is now TRULY cold, so if cold has ANY effect in the ME, it will be more apparent. Originally, winter in the Siberian region was mostly 0 to -7. It now is mostly -16 and below. On the other side, Mexican desert originally only reached 34 C at times. Now it can go above 43 C.

Germany (optimized 4, added Central Germany)
Italy (optimized 4, added Italian Riviera)
France (No original patterns, added 3 specific to France, Atlantic Coast, South, and Inland)
Spain (optimized 7 original)
Brazil (optimized 13 original Made more tropical, with much more rain(while trying to prevent waterlogged fields every day), added warmer temps with colder sections, and better wind)
Portugal (minor changes)
Holland (No original patterns, added 2 specific to Holland, Coast and Inland. Added wind, less rain, better temps)
USA (optimized 29 original, fixed inaccurate weather/assignments)
Belgium (No original patterns, added 2 specific to Belgium, Coast and Inland)
Mexico (optimized to a wider range of temps, added Baja and Baja Desert, and more extreme heat in hottest areas)
England (optimized 3 original, added English SouthWest)
Scotland (optimized 1 original, added Scottish Highlands)
Russia (added COLD extremes for Siberia)
China (some changes)
Sweden (optimized basic temps)
Iceland (No original patterns, added 4 specific to Iceland, Northeast, Northwest, Southern, and Capital Region. Overall colder, rainier, and less windy than Norway)

No changes needed: Ireland, Wales, N. Ireland, Norway

DOWNLOAD:   Realistic Weather.fmf

Realistic Weather v1.1 - iceland added.fmf

1 hour ago, phnompenhandy said:

I get loads of games called off due to waterlogged pitches.

Really !!  But I meant the actual game . So if its raining the dynamics of the ball ( Bounce etc ) don't seem to change

1 hour ago, prot651 said:

Really !!  But I meant the actual game . So if its raining the dynamics of the ball ( Bounce etc ) don't seem to change

Yeah, it ought to affect the condition of the players. Muddy pitches and hot weather should tire them out. I believe it used to be quite noticeable but it doesn't seem to be so now. However, I think strong wind can be  noticeable with goal kicks and crosses.

9 hours ago, nigeldalton@hotmail.co.uk said:

So am i right in saying that for this to take effect you need to start a new save or is it save game compatible? 

yes, you need to start a new game.

5 hours ago, Jorgen said:

Thanks for this. I've downloaded your FM18 version.

Just one question though: does FM have enough rain for Holland and England?? 😂

haha. I dunno, obviously if there's any changes needed, just ask. I used the data as a guide, don't live in either place, so feel free to add your two cents!

On 11/02/2019 at 12:10, phnompenhandy said:

Yeah, it ought to affect the condition of the players. Muddy pitches and hot weather should tire them out. I believe it used to be quite noticeable but it doesn't seem to be so now. However, I think strong wind can be  noticeable with goal kicks and crosses.

So does this file actually do what you've said here, and what @prot651 said about the bounce of ball being affected? Or do you just see the weather slightly different but gameplay the same as before?

And when you say it used to be quite noticeable, do you mean in previous FM versions and that this version not so? 

28 minutes ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

So does this file actually do what you've said here, and what @prot651 said about the bounce of ball being affected? Or do you just see the weather slightly different but gameplay the same as before?

And when you say it used to be quite noticeable, do you mean in previous FM versions and that this version not so? 

You'll have to ask the creator if the mod actually affects the ME. I recall in previous versions of FM mud slowing the ball, surface water making it move faster and wind affecting high balls, but for some reason they don't appear to have any effect now.

Sorry, just to be clear with what you said... Are you finding they appear to have no effect in FM19 before you applied this mod or after?

(I've not played enough of FM for years to really notice, but I'm keen to get into this version once the last update is done, and I want to try and get the best experience without starting over and over. )

2 hours ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

Sorry, just to be clear with what you said... Are you finding they appear to have no effect in FM19 before you applied this mod or after?

(I've not played enough of FM for years to really notice, but I'm keen to get into this version once the last update is done, and I want to try and get the best experience without starting over and over. )

I'm saying these days in FM 'out-of-the-box' the weather appears to be merely cosmetic. I don't know if this mod really affects the weather yet - I'm still in pre-season with a new save. You'll need to ask the creator.

9 hours ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

@majesticeternity in reference to what I was talking about above, does your mod improve the way players and balls act in varying conditions, or is it just a cosmetic difference ie. In some areas there may be more rain visible but the actual gameplay remains the same?

Actual effects are something very difficult to prove for certain. Some people say no, some people say yes.

HUNT3R said before: 

Warmer weather will see condition drop at a faster rate. I'm unsure if the wind makes dealing with long balls and crosses harder though.

Whether it is snowy, muddy etc will play a part, of course. Passes will be more of a struggle through the middle on a muddy pitch, but will be better wide where it is less muddy. Snow on pitches is the opposite.

Even altitude affects the away team.

Exactly how much and whether it is enough of a difference, I don't know.

FM18 official hints say:

- Be aware of how the weather can affect your team's performances. Bad conditions are more likely to penalise those who play a short passing game, try adopting a more direct style at times like this.
- Players with low stamina may tire and struggle to play at their best, particularly in poor weather conditions or high tempo games.
- Handling: How securely the goalkeeper holds onto the ball when making a save or coming for a loose ball. Greater Handling will be beneficial in unfavourable weather conditions

Either way, this file will do 2 things:

1. Help give the feeling of being in different countries. No longer does every region have a similar type of weather. For example, the Brazilian Amazon's Spring is now only 20% likely to be dry, instead of the original 60%(be prepared for delayed games!). It feels much more "tropical". The Spanish coast highly contrasts it, being most often very calm, dry, and mild. Originally, France used England's weather, and was 75% chance to be calm wind. Now, a match in France is 80% likely to be anywhere from breezy to extremely windy. Mexico will now either by dry or stormy. Swedish coast in the spring is no longer mostly 7-13 C, but can be anywhere from -7 to 21 C.

2. It will also, in some regions, increase whatever effect weather already has. Russian Siberia's winter is now TRULY cold, so if cold has ANY effect in the ME, it will be more apparent. Originally, winter in the Siberian region was mostly 0 to -7. It now is mostly -16 and below. On the other side, Mexican desert originally only reached 34 C at times. Now it can go above 43 C.

Does that help? :)

5 hours ago, jeb_fm said:

Maybe you can create the weather for Iceland. In game uses Norway-Coastal, but i feel is kinda wrong

Done. Check first post.

From Norway's weather that was used for Iceland, I added 4 patterns: 

Capital Region + Southern Peninsula (colder, added much more rain, and reduced wind)
Northwest (even colder, less rain, more winter wind)
South (warmer, more winter wind)
Northeast (much less rain, less wind)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived