Football Manager 2009 patch download details (was authentication and update)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Guys,

Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you and thankyou for your patience.

I can appreciate that this is incredibly frustrating and please be rest assured we are doing everything we can to fix the problems and get you guys into FM09 as soon as possible.

Those of you who are getting the 'not connected to the internet' issue, please do not worry it is not a problem with the software or the disc. In order to fix the problems and our servers we have taken them down for a brief period of time to perform maintenance, we expect them to be back up shortly and I will post here as soon as I hear internally.

If you have a seperate problem please can you post the problem and how you have tried to fix it and I will look into it for you.

Again please accept our apologies for these issues and thank you for your patience.

sarah

Please be patient. SEGA will update you when the situation has changed.

Again Apologies for this. We realise how frustrating it is and we want your games to work as much as you want them to work.

Cheers.

Might be a dumb question, but is this why I cant get the page to 'verify' my serial?

I try to have it deciphered by the page you listed but it keeps giving me an "Unable to find your key" message.

Hi,

Bergren: There are no dumb questions:) Yes you are right this is why it is failing, but this is only for a short period of time and all will be back up asap

Connell: You will need to delete the cert folder, please follow the instructions in this thread below and it should fix the problem. However I would recommend doing this once the servers are back up :

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=61131

Thanks

Sarah

Hi,

Bergren: There are no dumb questions:) Yes you are right this is why it is failing, but this is only for a short period of time and all will be back up asap

Connell: You will need to delete the cert folder, please follow the instructions in this thread below and it should fix the problem. However I would recommend doing this once the servers are back up :

Thanks

Sarah

Ok my prob is not as bad some others ive got the games installed and the key activated no probs , But several times now ive spent a good chunk of the day trying to install the update but the connection has either hanged on me at some point on the update or got to the end then windows say it does reconise the program and it closes down , Any clues or is it a cass of put it away and wait ?

cheers in advance

Right I've had so many different problems trying to get this game to work i don't know which thread to write in, so I'm just gonna stick it in here.

I bought the game last night as soon as it went on sale at Tesco. Came home, installed it via uniloc, didn't work. Kept coming up "fm.exe has encountered a problem and has to close". I though ah well, looks like I'll just need the patch. It's late so I decide to do it all in the morning and go to bed

Unable to run the patch from any site or any mirror has my computer said it did not recognise the certificate from Sega on the patch. Have told my internet to ignore this but I still can't run a patch straight from the link. I decided to save it directly to My Documents and install it manually instead.

While that was happening I decided to have a look round just about every technical problem thread that had been made, and did everything that all SI and Sega staff have said to do (download NET Framework thingy, download Direct SDK), game still doesn't work.

For some reason the patch from worthplaying stops downloading after 62mb, so I think bugger this, I'll uninstall the game and try it again with Steam. Works great, Steam updates the game, but now it won't accept my verification code, first saying it was wrong, then after I went and deleted the files at C:....\Football Manager 2009 Certificate it now says I'm not connected to the internet. I do a system restore back to when I first installed the game using Uniloc, and it still wants to be verified. What the hell is going on?

Now reading through all the threads on here I've been shaking my head and standing up for SI and Sega when people have been making comments like "OMGZ This is ****ing ****!!!!111" and "Never Do this again SI, you hate us and dont want us playing your game!!!!", but I've gotten fairly ****ed off now, having spent a full day trying to get a game to work that I've paid £30 and rightfully own. I'm not blaming SI in the slightest for these problems, but I've never had to go through this sort of crap to play a legitimate game before.

Hi,

Thanks

Sarah

I wonder if this reply will work yet?

I've been trying for ages

Are we nearing the end of this?

I would also like to know how those with no internet or phone are able to play the game?

There is no mention on the box about having to register on the net or phone?

Id also love to know how many people have taken their copies back already simply because they dont have net or phone and how many have been return because they think the software is faulty.

What a right balls-up this is

So the fact that the game needs a patch on release day, which no doubt will require at least one more patch, us as customers are being treated with utter contempt yet again from SEGA.

Every year there is an issue with FM and this year is unexcusable.

This is an absolute disgrace. Proven once again that the makers of this game are complete and utter, incompetent morons.

So the fact that the game needs a patch on release day, which no doubt will require at least one more patch, us as customers are being treated with utter contempt yet again from SEGA.

Every year there is an issue with FM and this year is unexcusable.

This is an absolute disgrace. Proven once again that the makers of this game are complete and utter, incompetent morons.

The game always needs a patch. The fact that it's out on release day is actually a good thing.

I blame Graham Poll

the soft anchor activation on my laptop has been saying for the last 3.5hrs that it has no internet connection (i know this is due to servers as have seen other posts and replies about it). having just tried again it gave me error 703 on 3 occasions and now has gone back to saying the original of no internet connection. any ideas what i should be doing would be appreciated or will it just work when the issues are resolved with the servers

Archived