Football Manager 2009 patch download details (was authentication and update)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i have a boxed copy and installed when prompted using steam. it then updated and said game was ready to launch but when i click launch it brings up a window from SoftAnchor asking for a product key as my trial has expired. when i do this it then sends activation request but keeps saying 'could not connect to internet...'

To fix this error all I had to do was change the system date to the correct date :( My verious was a Steam version though so I'm not sure sorry.

my code will not work on uniloc or steam and i have tried putting it in by changing the 0 to an O but it still will not take my code on either service. im gettin rather annoyed at this system they r using !!!!!! can someone help me please?

Hi

Have you tried putting your code into

http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

SI/Sega came up with this last night to help with the problems people were having!!

Hi, i asked this yesterday, but did not get an answer. I try to activate my game trough SoftAnchor, but it says unable to connect to internet. But as you see my internet connection is just fine and i have disabled my firewall.

I had this problem and fixed it by making sure my system was set to the correct time and date and then reinstalling the patch :(

Sorri if it doesn't work for you...

I had this problem and fixed it by making sure my system was set to the correct time and date and then reinstalling the patch :(

Sorri if it doesn't work for you...

Fxxxin disgrace, Same with me SI have LOT to answer for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And where is this local tel number we are meant to be able to call?

i have just installed box version when to activate online, must have typed the code in wrong because got an error so clicked back changed my 0 to a o clicked forward now its been stuck on the 'initializing' screen for 10 minutes, f**king joke it really is do i shut the box and try again but will it promp me to register again i dont no

paid good money for this game and i expect the activation process to run smoothly

i'm gonna try unistalling it and steam and then install it again and see if it works this time. if that fails i'm leaving football manager till monday cus im working over weekend. hopefully by then therell be a fix for it. i'll report back if reinstalling works.

Anyone at SI or Sega any idea why I didnt have to authenticate my game when installing it on a second computer? Installed it, then installed patch and it started up without asking me to authenticate

If you activated through Steam the first time it stores your license key and you shouldnt need to enter it again thank god!

As for the people with error 51 there are some posts on page 6 which identifty possible solutions for this problem.

If you activated through Steam the first time it stores your license key and you shouldnt need to enter it again thank god!

As for the people with error 51 there are some posts on page 6 which identifty possible solutions for this problem.

I didnt authenticate first time with steam, I used uniloc

When activating your copy of the game. Zero's and O's are virtually identical in appearance on the code itself.

For guidance, please check here for a visual of the font - http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3274/3028118710_f04d50ffdb.jpg

If you are still having trouble, I'm afraid it's a case of trial and error.

Apologies and hope you don't have too many Zero's (O's) in your code.

what an idiotic system then... perhaps O and 0's should be avoided in the future?

i've got a magnifying glass oot and i still cant see the difference between the 2.

Whomever's idea it was to use 0's and O's on the code needs shot.

This is a nightmare.

http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

Try this it worked for me, it translates your code and you can copy and paste.

I didnt authenticate first time with steam, I used uniloc

In that case I dont have a clue, did uniloc ask your to set up a username and password?

anyone on SI gonna sort this p***in mess i cant activate every code i type in gives the same error as the guys above

azzy red devil (iM a city man but I wanna help anyway-are all FM fans at the end of the day) have got mine sorted now (apologies to the community for previous cussing but no apolgy to SI, they made this fxxk up!) Its the font of the keycode. 0 & O are identical (ignore the flickrr link, that clarifies the 1 / i thing but not the o / 0 thing. Write out all the combos with different 0 o options (I only had 3 but that was 9 options, number 8 did it for me)) and try them in sequence. You have to be patient and disciplined to try them all. Should we the consumers have to do this in 2008?......

Excuse upper case please but THE MOST BASIC OF FONT RECOGNITION SYSTEMS PRINT 0 WITH A DIAGONAL BAR THOUGH IT AND O AS A PLAIN CIRCLE. PERHAPS SI SHOULD GET A STREET WISE 15 YR OLD TO ORGANISE THIS NEXT YEAR INSTEAD OF THE COUNTERPRODCUTIVE CLOWN(S) WHO WAS RESPONSIBLE THIS YEAR. JEEZ SUCH A SIMPLE THING COMPLETELY MESSED UP.

Thank God the game looks like the best yet in the series but these shortcomings will NOT be forgotten.

i the code case sensitive? i enter my code into http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/ and it says its fine although i only have 1 0/o and i change it and either is fine so assuming someones got the same code and one of us has a 0 one of us a o, still cant activate plus when i try to paste into the activation it only does the first box

I don't wish to annoy people who are struggling to work there game but to install my game and to activate the game it took about 10-15 minutes with no problems? Seems a really easy process and I did have a few 1's and i's etc...

Hope some of you get yours sorted though, can't imagine how frustrating it is.

Get a grip mate. So it took you five minutes longer to install your pc game.

Dont even go there, I was at the end of a long process where I queried net connection & many other things - trying all o 0 combos was a last resort - at that point didnt know if the i 1 thing was right though I had a hunch. Why dont you take your pointless unproductive comments to a thread where people are not trying to help each other overcome a problem, hey?

i reinstalled this time with uniloc and still when i click to play game a softanchor window comes up asking for product key after which it then says failed to connect to intenet. so both steam and uniloc both install it for me but it is this softanchor thing that prevents me fom playing

Finally got my code working and now need to download a 483MB DLL update which is estimated to take 3 hours.

Must say this is a bit of a shambles.

What was wrong with a simple install and run?

Because everyone who buys the game legally has to suffer due to the worries of piracy.

just wondering could this softanchor internet connection problem i have be solved by doing the phone activation because my installation never mentioned activation phone numbers it just gives me an activate online option

For those having activation issues...

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=61131

This doesn't always help Miles,

My problem is I have activated my game played it for a bit no problems and then I went back to play it and all I get is this, what a joke!!!!!!!!

OF COURSE THE KEY IS ACTIVE I ACTIVATED IT

I shouldn't need to sign up to a forum, trawl the net for a fix and upload an image to a ftp server all so I can show you guys the problem

I have bought this game legitimately, the least you can do is provide your customers with the service they payed you for!!

I look forward to your reply

fm09.gif

Archived