Wow.....Just wow... biggest money asked for youngster I have seen

It's no bug. Manchester United are essentially telling you that they don't want to sell one of their best young prospects for any reasonable price - and definitely not to one of their rivals.

What was your original offer, out of interest?

Damn your save must have hit the PA jackpot for that player, my Greenwood was crap.

Nothing wrong with the price, it's a case of the selling club not wanting to sell unless you pay massively overprice for him.

PSG bid for Da Gea and I got told that the player wouldn't accept not being sold, so my choice was between an unhappy team leader or selling him. I ended up having to buy a new world class GK for 160m, because Inter didn't want to sell him.

Personally I think it was cheap, he is about to break the EPL clean sheet record.

1 hour ago, Miravlix said:

PSG bid for Da Gea and I got told that the player wouldn't accept not being sold, so my choice was between an unhappy team leader or selling him. I ended up having to buy a new world class GK for 160m

Would definitely opt for the unhappy team leader. I had Alisson unhappy for almost a full season because he wanted a new contract, he still performed well and eventually stopped crying.

8 hours ago, mersk said:

Would definitely opt for the unhappy team leader. I had Alisson unhappy for almost a full season because he wanted a new contract, he still performed well and eventually stopped crying.

Well, my team is winning *everything*, so I'm not going to risk morale problems, especially from a goalkeeper.

The new one has won us many games with super saves, something an unhappy Da Gea couldn't do, because low morale will lead to less inspired performances.

You're the manager so it's your decision of course, it's just that I often see people complain that they're "forced" to sell players because they're unhappy. I've never sold a single player due to unhappiness, a little crying doesn't really force you to do anything.

Take Alisson who I mentioned for instance, his performances didn't drop at all during his unhappy year. I think a lot of people put too much weight on player happiness, and then they complain about player power - not realising they're the ones giving the players power.

6 minutes ago, mersk said:

You're the manager so it's your decision of course, it's just that I often see people complain that they're "forced" to sell players because they're unhappy. I've never sold a single player due to unhappiness, a little crying doesn't really force you to do anything.

Take Alisson who I mentioned for instance, his performances didn't drop at all during his unhappy year. I think a lot of people put too much weight on player happiness, and then they complain about player power - not realising they're the ones giving the players power.

That is because you lack ambition.

Unhappy Alisson is not as good as a happy Alisson that is a fact of game mechanics, just because he is good enough for you, does not equal that he isn't worse off being unhappy.

15 minutes ago, Miravlix said:

That is because you lack ambition.

That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. I lack ambition because I don't allow players to dictate my transfer policies? I lack ambition because I hold my ground when interacting with players? It's nonsensical. If anything, holding on to the players I want to keep is a sign of determination and emphasis on discipline.

And like I said, Alisson's performance didn't drop at all.

10 minutes ago, mersk said:

That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. I lack ambition because I don't allow players to dictate my transfer policies? I lack ambition because I hold my ground when interacting with players? It's nonsensical. If anything, holding on to the players I want to keep is a sign of determination and emphasis on discipline.

And like I said, Alisson's performance didn't drop at all.

You don't play this game much I take it, if you have never encountered the "lack of ambition" trope.

His performance did drop, it just didn't drop enough for it to bother you. LUCKY YOU that he didn't cost you a game.

2 minutes ago, Miravlix said:

You don't play this game much I take it, if you have never encountered the "lack of ambition" trope.

His performance did drop, it just didn't drop enough for it to bother you. LUCKY YOU that he didn't cost you a game.

Your master suppression techniques are as poor as your arguments.

2 hours ago, mersk said:

I think this a bit simplistic. The issues depend entirely on the players complaining, their standing in the team, and you're standing in the team.

I was struggling early on with Roma when De Rossi started complaining, kept the majority of players onside after a chat but three or four agreed with him and became unhappy. After that it seemed like every individual issue got blown into a squad issue, and we went on a winless run.

As you go on and get more success at the club then you rightly have more power, but it's wrong to give the impression to people they can just ignore it and be fine.

I am little bit suspicious on this. IF the club doesn't want to sell player for any price, why they are not just saying it? Just rejecting any offer would do it. Is there actually any real world example of the club setting ridiculous asking price for young player as a statement that this kid is not for sale?

3 minutes ago, silverboot81 said:

I am little bit suspicious on this. IF the club doesn't want to sell player for any price, why they are not just saying it? Just rejecting any offer would do it. Is there actually any real world example of the club setting ridiculous asking price for young player as a statement that this kid is not for sale?

It used to be the case a few FMs ago that clubs would explicitly state a player was "not for sale at any price". Then people argued that every player has a price, so SI changed that. Now those same people are complaining that they are being quoted 'ridiculous' prices for players.

SI just cannot win.

5 minutes ago, CFuller said:

It used to be the case a few FMs ago that clubs would explicitly state a player was "not for sale at any price". Then people argued that every player has a price, so SI changed that. Now those same people are complaining that they are being quoted 'ridiculous' prices for players.

SI just cannot win.

I remember these conversations distantly. I was myself off from the scene few years so I haven't followed the recent discussions.

I see the problem here. But again this leads me to my previous question, what are the real examples? How are the clubs dealing these situations? And sorry, this subject have probably been discussed over and over again elsewhere but I am really trying to catch up here ;)

1 hour ago, silverboot81 said:

It isn't a real asking price, it's their way of saying "not for sale". If you make an enquiry first rather than enter negotiations you will be told exactly that - not for sale at any price, no number will be quoted. Except everything is for sale for a sufficiently absurd offer. I might not want to sell my car because I love it and think it's the best car that has ever existed, I wouldn't even sell it for 5 times it's value because let's say I'm not strapped for cash. But there will still be a point where the money offered might so insanely over value it that I'd be an idiot to turn it down and the person making the offer is the idiot for offering it.

You can always find this out from the scout report, if it says "Don't want to sell" then the game means it and you will be quoted some joke price. 

2 hours ago, silverboot81 said:

Well because he's not for sale but if for whatever reason someone did offer 300 million for him then he would be for sale.  Everyone has a price.

2 hours ago, silverboot81 said:

I remember these conversations distantly. I was myself off from the scene few years so I haven't followed the recent discussions.

I see the problem here. But again this leads me to my previous question, what are the real examples? How are the clubs dealing these situations? And sorry, this subject have probably been discussed over and over again elsewhere but I am really trying to catch up here ;)

The real examples don't become public because when a club is told a kid is not for sale they just move on.

9 hours ago, mersk said:

Your master suppression techniques are as poor as your arguments.

Wow, okay you didn't get the lack of ambition joke, fine, so I explained it and now you keep going with this crap.

The Lack of Ambition thing is JOKE, because the devs decided to use it in the game. It's NOT meant as you lack ambition or anything like that. It's only supposed to result in a haha funny response.

FFS some people seriously need to stop with taking things so seriously. Another joke word play since you insist on being offended, I better point it out.

Archived