How buggy is this year’s version?

How buggy is this year’s version compared to previous years?

I’ve been playing FMT ever since it has been available on the iPad but last year’s release was a disaster. It took about 3-4 months before the game was at the quality it should have been for release and it still has unfixed bugs. I spent quite a lot of time uploading save files and filing bug reports on here and don’t fancy doing the same again this year. 

5 hours ago, oleg8979 said:

After FMT 18 (disaster), I will be smarter now and wait for 3rd patch (19.3), before that I will continue with FMT 18. SI don't pay me for QA, so lets give somebody else to find and report bugs.

My thoughts exactly!

Given that FMT doesn’t really change year on year (it shouldn’t really as it needs to remain simpler than the main game), you would expect it to get more stable over time but it seems like it’s not the case. The main game isn’t as buggy at launch, right?

6 hours ago, Phil M said:

Given that FMT doesn’t really change year on year (it shouldn’t really as it needs to remain simpler than the main game), you would expect it to get more stable over time but it seems like it’s not the case. The main game isn’t as buggy at launch, right?

I don't know about the full version, but in FMT SI even introduce new bugs which can be easily spotted after 10 minutes of QA - like inability to choose manager's experience / reputation when starting new career. Strange

It's got a lot of fairly significant bugs, especially when compared with the more recent iterations of the game. It feels unfinished compared with last year's version, which was quite solid from launch. I also feel the UI is not well designed. The lack of being able to set your reputation is a massive omission imho, and I've encountered loads of bugs with club history/records etc. 

7 minutes ago, Phil M said:

I was still posting about FMT18 bugs in Feb/March so it doesn’t give me much hope for this year’s version. 

Yeah wow. I had a fairly good experience with FMT18, but to be fair I can't really remember when that version became properly stable :) This year's has been just straight frustration from the get go. Didn't even get a youth intake in 1st season of my current save, which is a youth-focused save... I'd give FMT19 a solid 5/10 and that's it. Wish I hadn't been so patient and could still get a refund....

I agree with you guys. I know that developers made a revamp of the FMT19, but I didn't expect that the finished product will have some many bugs at the release. What frustrates me the most is that QA didn't see such obvious glitches as manager experience, training, youth intake etc. A lot of users warned about these bugs already in the beta phase but nothing has been changed since then.

I'm also switching back to FMT18 at least until they give back the option to chose manager experience at the beginning of the save. Sorry to say this, but in my opinion game with these bugs isn't playable.

Guys, can you see some pattern which repeats itself year after year? On the release date (version 1) the game is so buggy, almost unplayable. People report bugs and SI releases some hotfix (version 1.1) or even two. At december-january there is a major update (version 2) which fixes most of the bugs but often introduces new ones. After the newly created bugs reported, SI releases more hotfixes or two (version 2.1, 2.2 etc). And finally, at March there is a data update plus major bugs fix, most of the bugs from versions 1 and 2 are fixed now and we have playable and (almost) bugs free version 3. Sometimes new bugs introduced again, but SI don't fix anymore, may be just some minor and unimportant patches like Facebook related stuff (??), they rush to the new version (to be released at October-November). And we remain with almost finished but still undercooked product until the next year's version 3. Never finished 100%. Hope they will not ban me now. But it is my opinion. The question is - why on release date the product cannot be like version 3? I mean, there is no bugs free soft in the world, but at least playable and stable. And then they can fix the bugs in patch or two and give us finished product? 

hace 12 minutos, Lashley dijo:

This years FMT has more bugs for me than 18 ever did :(

Totally agree. Unplayable. :(

I hope SIGAMES fix it. I am a FM/CM player since 1996 and this year I am very dissapointed with FMT. Very very very poor product. I thought that I Will never say that, but next year I Will think a lot if buy it or not. :(

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Loren1983 said:

I hope SIGAMES fix it.

Fix what? What issues are you having?

3 hours ago, oleg8979 said:

Guys, can you see some pattern which repeats itself year after year? On the release date (version 1) the game is so buggy, almost unplayable. People report bugs and SI releases some hotfix (version 1.1) or even two. At december-january there is a major update (version 2) which fixes most of the bugs but often introduces new ones. After the newly created bugs reported, SI releases more hotfixes or two (version 2.1, 2.2 etc). And finally, at March there is a data update plus major bugs fix, most of the bugs from versions 1 and 2 are fixed now and we have playable and (almost) bugs free version 3. Sometimes new bugs introduced again, but SI don't fix anymore, may be just some minor and unimportant patches like Facebook related stuff (??), they rush to the new version (to be released at October-November). And we remain with almost finished but still undercooked product until the next year's version 3. Never finished 100%. Hope they will not ban me now. But it is my opinion. The question is - why on release date the product cannot be like version 3? I mean, there is no bugs free soft in the world, but at least playable and stable. And then they can fix the bugs in patch or two and give us finished product? 

I agree with every word of this. I think it’s an accurate description of how it’s felt to be a FMT player over the last few years. 

I love the idea of FMT - something in between the full version and the mobile version - but the execution has been poor. 

20 minutes ago, Loren1983 said:

I hope SIGAMES fix it. I am a FM/CM player since 1996 and this year I am very dissapointed with FMT. Very very very poor product. I thought that I Will never say that, but next year I Will think a lot if buy it or not. :(

Its not unplayable for me, just more bugs

hace 1 hora, Lucas dijo:

Fix what? What issues are you having?

Hi Lucas.

You can see my posts in the bugs forum.

Seriusly Lucas. I am not very demanding with this kind of things, but this year is the worst FMT launch in my opinion.

I trust SIGAMES team. I hope they fix it son. Is the first time that I have to stop playing a FM.

1 minute ago, Loren1983 said:

Really???? I can't use it in any of my saves… And I am not the only one. Please check the links of my posts. I can't use it :(

Hmm thats weird, my two biggest bugs have been the store not working for unlockables, and the game making me take control of reserves

hace 2 minutos, Lashley dijo:

Hmm thats weird, my two biggest bugs have been the store not working for unlockables, and the game making me take control of reserves

I have had some bugs others years, but I don't care because wasn't important. As i said to Lucas I am on fussy with this things… but this year..:thdn:

• Administrators
Just now, Loren1983 said:

I have had some bugs others years, but I don't care because wasn't important. As i said to Lucas I am on fussy with this things… but this year..:thdn:

Your thread in the bugs forum, please upload your save to SI Cloud Service and they can look at it. 

You need to tell them what the save is obviously

hace 3 horas, Lashley dijo:

Training works fine for me

After read you, I have try reinstalling the game, clearing the cache... but nothing works.

Why training Works for some people and not for others?

There are more people without this problems??

Thanks

Match engine needs some work. Just unable to get my players to execute decent football and this seems to be acknowledged by SI with regard to forward movement.

Going back to FMT17 now as I didn't spend much time on that vetsion. Hopefully ME is fixed soon. Think I'll come back after the January window update.

• 1 month later...

IMO there are still some bugs making it unplayable, But that is because I’m playing in the Dutch first division and they messed up the playoff system and the transfermarket in the Dutch Leagues (outgoing transfers of De Jong and Lozano for 25 million).. 

I think most of the other bugs are solved..

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
13 hours ago, Phil M said:

How did FMT19 turn out in terms of bugginess? I’ve played FMT15-18 but avoided this year’s one because 18 was so buggy for so long. 

As with every new version of FMT, you get a new set of bugs.

In this episode:

- nerfed crossing

- bugged individual training

- bugged fixtures

- various interface bugs

So, as always, wait for the "November update".

Archived