Transfer AI?

I remember in old days of CM 01/02 when I sold some players that I am Demanding Transfer FEE that the Value that I think it is worth the moneys and they agree to it the value of it and been sold.

In FM 2018, I been trying sell SALAH for £73m but Arsenal offer me £50m which is joke OFFER!

I just  wondering if the Transfer AI in FM 2019 have improved if you selling the players that Value of say £60m and the way Transfer AI work is that they want cheap price when they offer you £50m and you want £60m or nothing.  They seem back off!

How your game going when come selling Players?

Remember that if you are trying to sell a player, that indicates that you no longer want him and so you will rarely get his in-game value and often get bids well below that value.  Conversely, if you want to buy a player who is not for sale or close to the end of his contract, you will have to bid well in excess of his in-game value to be successful.

Remember also that buying clubs will start low and you can always negotiate up from there

Hope i can chime in on this one, but i have been noticing (noticed this in FM18 too), if I don't have a transfer player listed the AI will still low ball me. Usually right around value or the player, sometimes less. Whereas If i approach to buy another player who's not transfer listed, the AI will want a stupid amount of cash for them. 

22 minutes ago, therealpete said:

Hope i can chime in on this one, but i have been noticing (noticed this in FM18 too), if I don't have a transfer player listed the AI will still low ball me. Usually right around value or the player, sometimes less. Whereas If i approach to buy another player who's not transfer listed, the AI will want a stupid amount of cash for them. 

This was reported in the FM 18 BUgs forum and hopefully will be addressed for Fm 19

4 hours ago, therealpete said:

Is that not just them trying to unsettle the player by showing interest in hope that he becomes unhappy and can be purchased for less money? 

7 hours ago, sporadicsmiles said:

Is that not just them trying to unsettle the player by showing interest in hope that he becomes unhappy and can be purchased for less money? 

It's possible, if so that's extremely cheeky. I usually see this with players who know a higher club wants to buy the player, and if i decline the bid the player gets all pissy and throws a temper-tantrum. Such is life. 

I've done it myself (in FM18) by low-balling a few offers, talking a player up in the press etc.....turned the whole of Celtic dressing room against Rogers because he wouldn't release Tierney. After a season I got him for in-game value.

2 hours ago, eye-switcher said:

If i transfer list a player, Lovren in this case , should i have him remain as a first team player or as not needed? no one wants to buy him for 12 mill in the second transfer window for that sum or any sum

We are always told that in order to get rid of a transfer listed player, it is recommended to set him as not needed.  This, however, will reduce his value considerably and you need to be aware of that

16 hours ago, XaW said:

kycCAEj.png

9S1n57Z.png

kYzCm9Q.png

Y9IvrDq.png

gIT1SMY.png

ePLyQ3P.png

Here are their transfers from all seasons.

this makes no sense at all, this has been bugging me for a the last few releases. clubs that dont "need" to sell their (best) players. but still sell for peanuts. 

there should be more "love" for the club, and team their playing at.

On 28/10/2018 at 22:04, FrazT said:

We are always told that in order to get rid of a transfer listed player, it is recommended to set him as not needed.  This, however, will reduce his value considerably and you need to be aware of that

Yeah I never set as not needed unless i really need him off the books and i dont care about price. By keeping them as any other role that they previously were keeps their value up and even the AIs interest seems to be better. Often can get over in game value for a transfer listed player. 

Archived