FM19: Leeds United - Home of Bielsa's bucket

macca72

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just started my yearly save and I’ll be following this closely!

Beta signings are Obafemi Martins, Xadas and Antonio Marin.

I took the last two from this thread and sounds stupid, but it almost feels like cheating with how promising they are. Might wait for my scouts to find them when the full game drops

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

Just started my yearly save and I’ll be following this closely!

Beta signings are Obafemi Martins, Xadas and Antonio Marin.

I took the last two from this thread and sounds stupid, but it almost feels like cheating with how promising they are. Might wait for my scouts to find them when the full game drops

Following this I’ve made 2 insane transfers in the first window.

Jorge Mere and Timo Horn from Koln

17 hours ago, DominicForza said:

How much did you pay for Mere and Horn?

Horn 16 mil, 6 upfront with 10 over 36 months

Mere was 17.5, 7.5 upfront, 10 over 36 months.

Raised 29 million from the likes of Roofe, Cooper, Ayling, Alioski and Dallas

Edited by Mardy
Typo

On 01/11/2018 at 15:55, Mardy said:

Horn 16 mil, 6 upfront with 10 over 36 months

Mere was 17.5, 7.5 upfront, 10 over 36 months.

Raised 29 million from the likes of Roofe, Cooper, Ayling, Alioski and Dallas

Wow! That is some serious money. What did you get for each?

13 minutes ago, JJSaxton said:

Wow! That is some serious money. What did you get for each?

Unfortunately couldn’t shift Dallas and Cooper permanently on the full game release but still 250k monthly  loans.

Then Roofe 9.5, Ayling 7, Alisoki 6.75 (9.5 after add ons), Hernandez 2.8

1 minute ago, Mardy said:

Unfortunately couldn’t shift Dallas and Cooper permanently on the full game release but still 250k monthly  loans.

Then Roofe 9.5, Ayling 7, Alisoki 6.75 (9.5 after add ons), Hernandez 2.8

What was your starting line up in the end? Interested in doing something like this and trying to bring youngsters in.

12 minutes ago, JJSaxton said:

What was your starting line up in the end? Interested in doing something like this and trying to bring youngsters in.

I decided against Horn, I had enough but meant there was no room to buy anyone else. Off the the top of my head 

GK- BPC

RB- Bartolec

CB- Pontus

CB- Mere

LB- Douglas/Boilesen

CM- Phillips

CM- Mike Jensen

AML- Antonio Marin

AMC- Xadas

AMR- Andreas Skov Olsen

ST- Saiz retrained as a F9

The 3 attacking mid players have some insane potential. Pretty excited by them

Had to fill my bench with homgrowns though!

Edited by Mardy
Typo

On 24/10/2018 at 19:24, DumbestGuyInTheRoom said:

Thanks, great post @macca72 . Starting from this post, I picked Leeds for the demo and figured I needed:
- CB cover
- A no-nonsense BWM
- An attacking RB 

After doing my usual trick of offering a trial to every free agent I can find and scouring the forums for recommendations, I ended up bringing in:
- Huth on a free for 6k/w
- Robbie Keane as Player/Coach for ST cover on a free for 950/w for some up-front guile
- Marcello Trotta on loan from Sassuolo for 6k/w for depth up-front
- Dennis Diekmeier as an attacking RB / RW for free at $6.5k/w
- Mikel Rico from Athletic on loan with a 350k option for $3.5k/w as a BWM
- Alessandro Murgia from Lazio on loan for 4.5k/w as a BBM who seemed better (and cheaper) than Baker
- Hamit Altintop on a free for 2.5k/w as some experience and backup in the centre
Gianluca Gaudino on a free for 5.5k/w who went straight out the backdoor @ 100% of wages to Paderborn

I also took a couple of pre-scouting punts and bought a Brazilian - Italian called Bressan for 30k/game and 6.5k/w, which worked out ok, and Juan Sánchez Miño from Independiente on loan for 2.3k/w who looks potentially very useful as a LWB / LW.

I then sold Dallas for 4m (5.25m with add-ons) to Middlesborough, renegotiated the loan contracts to bring my wage bill down by 30k and give me cancellation options on all my loans, as well as a 2.4m option on Blackman and Baker. I tried to get rid of Alioski but couldn't get anyone high enough to let him go.

Some of the Dallas money went on Antonio Marin from Dinamo for 675k (1.5m with add-ons) who looks spectacular.

Izzy Brown is going back once I can return him.

Some of the squad were complaining about depth in goal, so I bought in Alessandro Plizzari without scouting him, who isn't developed enough yet so he'll go back and I bought in Freddie Woodman from Newcastle on loan at 1.5k/w.

Then, in the deadline day madness, Phil Foden got loan listed and so he came straight in for $6k/w.

Formation-wise, I've ended up with a 4-2-3-1 Wide:

GK: Blackman
RFB: Ayling / Berardi
LWB: Douglas
CBs: Cooper & Huth / Jansson

BWM: Rico
DLP: Murgia / Klich

AML Winger: Alioski
AMC: Saiz / Hernandez 
AMR IF: Roofe

AF: Bamford

My Roofe is on fire, Bamford is consistently crap, Rico is a rock. I'm 2-for-2 so far (Stoke 1-0, Derby 3-2).

So I ended up finishing top of the Championship, smashing the maximum points record. I never got any CF firing, but Trotta on loan from Sassuolo was the closest to a decent forward. Nasri, whose ban ended on new years' eve, was good but the superstars were the full backs (Douglas and Ayling) and Jack Harrison on loan from Man City.

At the end of the Jan window, I bought in some players I was surprised wanted to join me in the Championship - maybe the all-but certain promotion and team form played a part. I managed to bring in on loan:

• Kyriakos Papadopoulos on loan fro HSV, who was disappointing
  • Etienne Capoue from Watford, who was unhappy, who I managed to extend for a 2-year loan with a 3m option (!)
  • Nahitan Nández from Boca as cover for Rico, who I managed to extend with an option
  • Facundo Colidio from Inter
  • Jordan Lukaku from Lazio with an option

I managed to bring in some new transfers too:

• DMC Mikel Rico who was on loan from Athletic on a per-game transfer who was a rock in the middle of the pitch.
  • AM Xadas for 1.3m
  • DC David Garcia on a free as CB cover
  • TM Harlem Gnohere for 500k
  • TM Fabian Klos from Arminia Bielefeld, whose contract was expiring and I was able to bring in right at the end of the window for 250k

Hernandez, Dallas, Forshaw and O'Kane all left, bringing in 17m.

1896343606_Screenshot2018-11-03at2_53_31PM.thumb.png.e41dfdf1c44258f034b6d1488140167d.png

Coming into the Premier League, I knew it was going to be a massive step up and that to survive I needed at least:

• Centre back depth
  • A striker
  • Central midfield depth
  • A top class GK

Having secured promotion by March, it gave me first dibs on expiring contracts, loan options and unhappy players. I had planned to bring in around 5 players and keep the core of the team, but the window got away from me a bit - as well as the 35m (which I got the board to up to 45m) I ended up selling 75m of players:

• Nasri for 23m who became a disruptive muppet
  • Jansson for 15m to Newcastle - maybe a mistake but I was seduced by the cash and Cooper had been far stronger during the season
  • Barry Douglas for 14m to Watford on the last day of the season, only because Liverpool bought Theo Hernández from Read Madrid and put Moreno on the loan list with 30% wages.
  • Alioski for 14m
  • Dennis Diekmeier, who I'd signed for a free, for 7.5m
  • Roofe, De Bock, Berardi, Cibicki, Anita, Ekuban, Sacko, Huth and a few more all also went

CBs

Knowing Jansson and Huth were on the way out, and Garcia and Bressan weren't up to Premier League standard, I bought in Gian Marco Ferrari from Sassuolo for 5m and Juan Forlín on a free as he left Oviedo. Southampton listed Wesley Hoedt who I got for 7m (10m with options). I also bought Sídnei in on loan, but I got my squad limit math wrong and had to let him go before the season started. Right at the end of the window, Tin Jedvaj threw a wobbly and I snapped him up for 5m. With Cooper as well, I was a bit over-staffed in the CB department and so Hoedt went out on loan. Turns out, I got the balance of the squad a bit wrong and I'm one injury away from being in CB trouble now.

CF

Trotta was a decent Championship striker, but not Premier League standard. Bamford wasn't performing and was now on 45k/w so he was sent to the exit (but, it turns out, is still with me). I had Klos from last season who I'd bought with promotion in mind, Gnohere as backup, both of this are Target Men. Roberto Inglese joined at the end of his Napoli contract, who is also a natural TM. My scouts found Maximiliano Gómez from Vigo for 8.5m (10m with add-ons) who seems to be an all-round great striker.

CM

I'd decided I was going to play 4 at the back, a big man up top and, therefore, 5 in the middle in some configuration. Given that I (at that time) had Nasri, Saiz, Xadas, Marin and Foden on loan for another season, a 4-2-3-1 looked the best fit so I was looking for BWM / CM(D) / DLP players. Besic was surplus to requirements at Everton and so joined me for 5m, Nahitan Nández from Boca come over for another season, I took up Capoue's 3m option. 

GK

Postdrag Rajkovic was the obvious choice at a steal for 4m (6m with add-ons), but he didn't get the work permit and so is off on loan. Blackman wasn't going to do the job on his own do I ended up blowing the Leeds record on Gerónimo Rulli from Real San Sebastián for 15m (24m with add-ons).

The Madness

At this point, I pretty much had the team and it wasn't even the end of the season yet, the board giving me my budget once promotion was secured. It then got a bit crazy with Nasri being a spoiled brat, big offers coming in for many of my key players and my scouts finding some really good players I ended up doing a complete revamp. Dennis Man from Roma joined full-time, I found Dani Olmo at Dinamo for 8m (12m), both Santiago Arias from A. Madrid and Almamy Touré from Monaco come in on loan at RB, and as Nasri went out for 23m Lovro Majer come in as a like-for-like for 15m.

Edited by DumbestGuyInTheRoom

On 24/10/2018 at 04:17, DumbestGuyInTheRoom said:

If there’s any players without a termination clause, you can submit a loan extension until End of Next Season and put the clause in there. Once it’s gone through, you can cancel after 28 days. You can also use this to lower the wages - they’ll sometimes ask for less than current and often take less than they ask for. I’ve done that with all my loans and took about 30k off my wage bill.

Good tip sir!

On 28/10/2018 at 19:07, JJSaxton said:

@macca72 Great start to the thread for this year :thup:

Only realised today that the game was out for Beta already! Downloaded it this afternoon and will be starting a save tonight.

Cant wait, Leeds should have a good squad for this years FM just need to get my head around the new tactic changes.

~Edit:

Noticed a fair few free agents which might be worth looking into at the start of the game:

Didier Ndong (Former Sunderland CM, 24 - Was good on 2018 so could be a money maker if he can be brought in and sold at a later date) - Made a contract offer for him.

Papy Djilobodji (Former Sunderland CB, 29) - Possible good option for centre back cover, taken him in on trial but may have WP issues.

Dennis Diekmeier (Mentioned here already but could be a good back up to Ayling, 28) - Brought him in on trial to give him a chance.

Assane Gnoukouri (DM / CM, 21) - Might be worth a punt if WP is possible. Again thinking of selling on at a later date to make a profit.

Serdar Tasci (CB, 31) - Similar to Robert Huth just a little Younger and a little quicker. Could fill a gap for a season.

Has anyone been able to sell any of the existing squad / send any loan players back? (I've noticed you can extend the loans for an extra season on 50% less wages and remove the loan cant be terminated option - but when could you cancel these loans then?)

Seems easier to sell in this FM. Dallas, Okane, Hernandez, Berradi all gone for value or higher within 2 weeks of listing on 1st day of save. Like some of those lads but injury prone players dont fit the small squad i want to run!

So, finally the final version of FM19 is out and I have a free weekend to manage my favorite team :)

Started a new save and I'm very excited about the future. I handle the training which resulted on a couple of long term injuries but that's a part of the game.

In terms of transfers, I managed to sell Alioski, O'Kane, Roofe and Ayling. Terminated all loans as I'm not a fan of "no option to buy" which gave me around 45 mils in transfer budget and payroll

I bought some good players with this money

image.thumb.png.ae0382af7ce488867faae99b2141edb6.png

I created my own tactical style as I prefer patient possession with lower defensive line and medium press to keep team shape

image.thumb.png.773ecd6f7eab4bf86dfc86634ad60891.png

However, I'm facing a problem. A lot of players likes to shoot from outside the area even though I gave them specific instructions not to. Also, had 2 penalties so far and none was converted in

In terms of staff, i brought in the best I could find

image.thumb.png.8dff895ecd23e792e71d2324d66bdca6.pngimage.thumb.png.3f2c1fa3e3be3be0610afbc8a1eedea2.png

My lineup is as follows:

GK: T. Horn, BPF, W.Huffer

DR: G. Berardi, D. Diekmeier

DC: P.Jansson, J. Mere, L.Cooper, C.Shaughnessy

DL: B. Douglas, T. Pearce

MC(DLP): I.Chochev, M. Klich, A.Forshaw

MC(BBM): K.Philips, J.Shackleton

AMR: P. Herrmann, S.Dallas

AMC: S. Saiz, Xadas, P.Morilla

AML: A. Mula, A. Marin

ST: P.Bamford, T. Roberts, K. Temenuzhkov

S. Nasri is banned and I'm planning to get rid of Hernandez

Results so far

image.thumb.png.e0b178271322ac7819335cbc0bc40f4f.png

Not the best results but I'm waiting until the team get used to the tactics. Both draws, I was up until injury time and goals scored against me in the last second

On a side note, I haven't seen any VAR action so far in my game. Did any one see that?

Edited by sherifelgendy87

Bielsa has got the boys running IRL and its the first season I've been able to watch games without hiding behind the sofa since Beckford was flanked by Gradel and Snodgrass.  I've got so caught up in "Bielsa" I've jettisoned my normal 433 for a 4141 in the teams current image.

Ins and outs below  with Marin also coming in June 2019 for 2.5 million. ( I was happy with the wide players I had and didn't want too large a squad.

I like to think we have got the best forward thinking fullbacks in the league hence the inverted wingers and look for overlap.  I've got the IW on individual instructions to cross less to allow the FB more frequent opportunities to join the attack.

Still feel we are missing familiarity in the IW positions but the players I'm going to use have sufficient quality to compensate I hope.  

Pre seasons gone well... wish me luck

image.thumb.png.e2d44683e91acc57dce7002b62d1801c.pngimage.thumb.png.4d49516d6940d30c0eb56e8c339de696.png

image.png

image.png

So I posted a whole ago but now the full game has been released I've started a proper save with Leeds. I thought I would update everyone with how it's going and what I've done in terms of shaping the squad. I felt the team was strong enough for promotion already but decided to target players who will be able to stay with me once (hopefully) in the premier league!!

Players sold, quite a lot of my players has interest in them from big clubs so decided it was worth cashing in on a few to fund some new young signings.

O'Kane - £500k

Ayling - £12m

Roofe - £11m

Izzy Brown - Loan cancelled

Players brought in:

Jokes Okore - £1.5m

Max Broughton - Compensation

Dennis Diekmeier -Free

Jordan Ferri - £800k

Emyr Huws - £3m

Gnoukouri - Free (out on loan to get WP, high value so should be aogod resell, has good potential if develops well)

Antonio Marin - £2.5m

Dennis Man - £1.8m

Phil Foden - Loan

Xadas - £2m

Florinel Coman - Loan

Marcelo Trotta - Loan (option to buy)

This leaves my first team squad setup as follows. I have a lot of depth across the attacking areas of my squad, a lot of players are very young so don't expect to play every game but having so many options allows me to press relentlessly from the front. It tires players out quickly meaning the ability to rotate is massively important. I will show my tactics later.

GK - Blackman, BPF

LB - Douglas, Pearce

RB - Berardi, Diekmeier

CB - Jansson, Cooper, Okore, Broughton

CM (Defensive) - Ferri, Phillips, Forshaw

CM (Offensive) - Klich, Huws, Baker

AMC - Saiz, Foden, Xadas

AML - Coman , Dallas, Marin

AMR - Alioski, Man, Hernandez

STC - Bamford, Trotta, Roberts

I'm pretty happy with how the squad looks now. I set my team to press quickly once the ball has  been lost and then work the ball in to the box, I encourage the players to be direct in relatively risk free situations but patient when necessary. This results in the ball being moved sideline to sideline across the midfield with fullbacks overlapping before an overlapping fullback or direct cut inside from my IF's creates a fast opening. This tends to create a lot of chances but does result in a lot of missed chances due to the pace at which the ball is drilled in to the box. Almost every player is key in this set up with nobody really bring carried by others. CB's need to be strong, quick, and have good anticipation in order to be able to shut down counter attacks and not be caught on the break. Full backs need to be all rounded with the attributes to get forward and cause issues on the overlap. CM's and AMC must be comfortable on the ball as they see a lot of it when it is being recycled outside the opposition box, the AMC isn't really used as a creative outlet, more of a holding players who had the ability to not lose possession and spray passes quickly and accurately out to the wings. IF's are the key attacking players in this set up, they must be willing to drive at the opposition defence and attempt to get balls in to the striker quickly. I have a lot of players who can play here because it's such an important position. If somebody is not performing in that position they will be the first to be subbed off. And of course the striker needs to be well rounded to deal with the variety of balls pumped in to the box, and also able to consistently pressure the opposing CB's and GK once the ball has been lost. In terms of a formation I set up in a 4-2-3-1, happy to post screenshot of tactic and answer questions on it, but it works really well. Using the Gen Gen Press tactical style.

Results have been great so far. Won every game in pre season and scored lots of goals. Drew the first game of the season 0-0 which was disappointing because we had 31 shots. Following that we had a few comfortable wins and are sitting happy at the top of the league. I'll update you all with some progress soon.

Exciting times for Leeds though!

MOT

I'm 30 games in and 9 points clear at the top in first season, but my centre forward isn't scoring many goals. What role do you give to Bamford? I've got Solanke on loan (jan) and Forden  (jan loan).

I either play 433 or 4231 so Bamford is up on his own with Roofe in the AMr position with an attack duty.

2 hours ago, Coolio5 said:

I'm 30 games in and 9 points clear at the top in first season, but my centre forward isn't scoring many goals. What role do you give to Bamford? I've got Solanke on loan (jan) and Forden  (jan loan).

I either play 433 or 4231 so Bamford is up on his own with Roofe in the AMr position with an attack duty.

I play Bamford

image.thumb.png.00f84fed4a297d639e3ca913e7bac134.png

@soldierblue123 that is some incredible season, well done - you should share tactics.

Playing FMT and it seems a lot harder to move players on, it's probably because I don't load extra leagues.

The only signing I've made so far on my full release save (he won't come until January unless I can offload someone for cash ) is this lad.

image.thumb.png.79f51605d453c4827dfa30c0932b2274.png

Looks decent and at 19 with Bayern & Dortmund after him probably has some potential, really versatile as well.

13 minutes ago, macca72 said:

@soldierblue123 that is some incredible season, well done - you should share tactics.

Playing FMT and it seems a lot harder to move players on, it's probably because I don't load extra leagues.

The only signing I've made so far on my full release save (he won't come until January unless I can offload someone for cash ) is this lad.

image.thumb.png.79f51605d453c4827dfa30c0932b2274.png

Looks decent and at 19 with Bayern & Dortmund after him probably has some potential, really versatile as well.

I don't load extra leagues.

image.thumb.png.6fb675ee19ba53744a93d351db01447f.png

And that tactic I am using is a 4-4-2

image.thumb.png.93c19dccac6afad9320b3715130b699c.png

Season 2019/20

Transfer window closed.

image.thumb.png.3c4f3f6ecb2cb4edca9aa79bda767d4a.png

My team isnt too bad.

Gk;  Fraser Forster - BPF - Ionut Rus

RB Ayling -  Timothy Castagne - Byram

LB - pearce - Alfonso pedraza

CB - Dedryk Boyata - Diego Gonzalez -  Jordan storey

CB Andre wisdom - Tyrone Mings 

RM -  Aaron Lennon - Callum Mcmanaman

LM - Ashley Young - Dallas

CM - Fred - Aleix Febas -  George Thorne

CM   Mak Varesanovic - Lewis Baker

Att - Giuseppe Rossi - Saido Berahino

Att - Danny Welbeck - Liam Millar

Transfers in 49.5 Million  Transfers out 115million.

6 hours ago, Bigmonkey79 said:

Just wow!!!  What a season. Ive got to November in 1st season before hitting top spot. 2 losses, 5 draws already and im thrilled with that!

Cheers. I don't know if the game is easier this year or if Leeds is better but the same happened for me too. After 13 games, 10 wins and 3 draws

Season 2 2019/20  EPL Runners up 6points behind man utd.  FA Cup runners up to Man Utd.  Europ cup lost 3-1 semi final to Inter Milan.

image.thumb.png.0b6693430a56bd43c17592f86a7e27f3.png

other news finished season with profit of 68 million from transfers.

image.thumb.png.97f8813729efd7abeb49b434f5b5411a.png

image.thumb.png.c556ca8de76812a118a0b528a761a074.png

Does anyone want me to continue with these updates? I feel I am close to winning something next season.

Browsed these forums for a few years now but very rarely post, however just started my Leeds save for this year.

Transfers.thumb.PNG.fea931bd6454f319beefeefef44dc111.PNG

My transfer window was pretty quiet, Robbie Keane brought in purely for nostalgic reasons and will become a part of the backroom staff once his playing contract is up. Bulka brought in from Chelsea due to an injury to Blackman, he's costing us nothing in wages so another backup keeper for the season for free. Van Der Moot is a young striker we've loaned straight out, doubtful he'll ever make the first team, but we can profit on him in the future if anything. Everyone else was brought in as backup to the first team.

Tactics.thumb.PNG.4912d78447ef36d2eae1f80c35b7c58c.PNG

Our tactics are simple, tiki taka football in a 4-2-3-1 formation. We will play a 4-1-4-1 in tough away games, hoping to shut out the opposition and hit them on the counter.
First game was a success with a 3-0 win against Stoke, goals coming from Baker (2) and Roofe off the bench. Hopefully we can continue from this and gain promotion in my first season in charge.

7 hours ago, TF said:

Browsed these forums for a few years now but very rarely post, however just started my Leeds save for this year.

Transfers.thumb.PNG.fea931bd6454f319beefeefef44dc111.PNG

My transfer window was pretty quiet, Robbie Keane brought in purely for nostalgic reasons and will become a part of the backroom staff once his playing contract is up. Bulka brought in from Chelsea due to an injury to Blackman, he's costing us nothing in wages so another backup keeper for the season for free. Van Der Moot is a young striker we've loaned straight out, doubtful he'll ever make the first team, but we can profit on him in the future if anything. Everyone else was brought in as backup to the first team.

Tactics.thumb.PNG.4912d78447ef36d2eae1f80c35b7c58c.PNG

Our tactics are simple, tiki taka football in a 4-2-3-1 formation. We will play a 4-1-4-1 in tough away games, hoping to shut out the opposition and hit them on the counter.
First game was a success with a 3-0 win against Stoke, goals coming from Baker (2) and Roofe off the bench. Hopefully we can continue from this and gain promotion in my first season in charge.

Good luck with your save.

Hi there.... long time lurker 1st time poster.

Started my 1st save of FM19 with my beloved Leeds and must say I am loving it.

Currently 27 games in and 7 points clear. Using 4-2-3-1 formation. Below is my squad (written as I am at work) & in order of priority

GK: Blackman / Badiashile (Monaco £800k) / BPF

RB: Walker-Peters (Spurs Loan), Ayling (looking to sell), Berardi

CB: Jansson / Bednarek (Soton Loan) / Berardi / Bellushi (Palermo £1.8m now on loan at Villa)

CB: Cooper / Bednrek /  Berardi

LB: Douglas / Pearce / Berardi

CM: Phillips / Forshaw / Shackleton

CM: Klich / Forshaw / Shackleton

RAM: Burke (WBA Loan) / Harrison (Man City Loan)

CAM: Saiz / Morilla (Gijon £1.7m)

LAM: Kean (Juventus Loan) / Antonio Marin (Dinamo £1.8m)

CF: Bamford / Grant (£2m Charlton) 

Cancelled  Loans of Brown and Baker in January which freed up £55k in wages.

Loaned out: Kun, Edmondson, Roberts and Clarke

Sold: Alioski, Roofe and Dallas for bout £16m combined.

Just in the January transfer window so looking to offload Ayling.

Saiz, Phillips and Klich aren't happy with me because I cant afford all their wage demands yet.

So far my key players have been Douglas, Phillips, Burke and Bamford. Kean and Saiz are hit and miss. Grant has been a great back up... 11 goals in all comps from the bench including 4 against Gillingham in FA cup.

5 hours ago, AdamK said:

Hi there.... long time lurker 1st time poster.

Started my 1st save of FM19 with my beloved Leeds and must say I am loving it.

Currently 27 games in and 7 points clear. Using 4-2-3-1 formation. Below is my squad (written as I am at work) & in order of priority

GK: Blackman / Badiashile (Monaco £800k) / BPF

RB: Walker-Peters (Spurs Loan), Ayling (looking to sell), Berardi

CB: Jansson / Bednarek (Soton Loan) / Berardi / Bellushi (Palermo £1.8m now on loan at Villa)

CB: Cooper / Bednrek /  Berardi

LB: Douglas / Pearce / Berardi

CM: Phillips / Forshaw / Shackleton

CM: Klich / Forshaw / Shackleton

RAM: Burke (WBA Loan) / Harrison (Man City Loan)

CAM: Saiz / Morilla (Gijon £1.7m)

LAM: Kean (Juventus Loan) / Antonio Marin (Dinamo £1.8m)

CF: Bamford / Grant (£2m Charlton) 

Cancelled  Loans of Brown and Baker in January which freed up £55k in wages.

Loaned out: Kun, Edmondson, Roberts and Clarke

Sold: Alioski, Roofe and Dallas for bout £16m combined.

Just in the January transfer window so looking to offload Ayling.

Saiz, Phillips and Klich aren't happy with me because I cant afford all their wage demands yet.

So far my key players have been Douglas, Phillips, Burke and Bamford. Kean and Saiz are hit and miss. Grant has been a great back up... 11 goals in all comps from the bench including 4 against Gillingham in FA cup.

Good luck, seems to be a lot of success with Leeds this year!

4 hours ago, sherifelgendy87 said:

Any recommendations for Jan 2019 transfer window bargains?

Nasri, Charlie Taylor, Marcos Llorente 12 month loan (2k wages, bargain), Foden.

I also signed Jagielka and Rasmus Elm for mentoring

I have Eggestein coming when his contract runs out but you can pay 700k to bring him in in January

I already have Nasri and waiting for the ban to be over

Llorente is a bargain and he has been one of my favorite players since last year but I'm not a fan of loans with no buy clauses. I don't think he would want to join permanently. Besides, in my game he rejected offers from AC Milan and Rome so no way he will accept mine

For Charlie Taylor, Douglas and Pearce are doing a great job in LB and I don't need another one

Eggestein might be a good signing

Season 3     20/21  Leeds win the premiership

Mixed season but won the premier league and was offered the Spain and France jobs - took the France position.

image.thumb.png.6c47a9580fa0551dd298236d983c7f90.png

My Squad at end of season was this playing a 4-4-2 formation:

GK  David Raya / Dean Henderson

RB  Juan Cuadrado / sam Byram

LB Alberto/Moreno /  Ainsley Maitland-Niles

CB Kurt Zouma / Deigo Gonzalez

CB Joel Matip/ David Costas

RM Theo Walcott / Eric Lemela

LM Jadon Sancho / Serge Gnaby

MC  Fred / Harry Winks

MC Ross Barkley/ mak Varesanovic

Att Daniel Sturridge / Giuseppe rossi

Att Saido Berahino / Michy Batsuayi

Transfer activity gave a profit; with welbeck going to man city for 60 million

image.thumb.png.f165aa7e39762dd102f0fe59fc3d7240.png

The EPL finished like this

image.thumb.png.a41c5642aee24819692dcc878ed77c74.png

Am 6.11.2018 um 07:25 schrieb soldierblue123:

Season 2019/20

Transfer window closed.

image.thumb.png.3c4f3f6ecb2cb4edca9aa79bda767d4a.png

Transfers in 49.5 Million  Transfers out 115million.

Wow, that is amazing success you're having there :thup:

Just wondering, how did you get > 30m for Coyle, who is loaned out to Fleetwood at the end of season 1? Did you recall him and he excelled?

Edited by jayahr

It's a fairy tale :)

Won the league in March with 8 games to go.

The biggest game of the season coming up which is FA Cup final against Arsenal. I was lucky to face championship teams most of the games but managed to beat Man City 1-0 in the semi final

Wish me luck and recommend some transfers for the premier league and hopefully, Euro Cup

Edited by sherifelgendy87