Tutoring (Mentoring)

2 hours ago, enigmatic said:

Anyway, having actually simmed a longish term save I'm reasonably confident that

(i) starting personalities are often terrible, if not more terrible per @bangkonggedek's comments

1221507682_ScreenShot2018-10-21at18_39_53.thumb.png.c6a53a8cddcce76c1c06d150bafc283d.png

Well I gotta say that it's really hard to believe that by default almost every kids who went to football academy to chase their dream of being professional footballers are the defeatist type of personalities. Horribly unrealistic :thdn:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In fairness, I guess you could argue the scale is relative to top professionals, and most teenagers probably are a bit defeatist and lazy compared with the Nevilles of this world, if not compared with the average couch potato slating their entire team for being 1-0 down and calling for the manager's head from their half time sofa.

The big question is whether the game mechanisms are adequate at ironing out the personality flaws for most of the players who are going to make it by their early twenties.

• SI Staff
41 minutes ago, BlueZero said:

I think this is a bug:

I cant mentoring young player who is training with A team but who is not part of A Team.

If i ask to my assistant to set up mentoring group, he can add this player on mentoring group.

2018-10-27.png

We're aware of this one, cheers for raising it.

1 hour ago, Seb Wassell said:

We're aware of this one, cheers for raising it.

Is the bug that the assistant is able to add players training with the first team or that the user cannot add those players as well?

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, SD said:

Is the bug that the assistant is able to add players training with the first team or that the user cannot add those players as well?

The Assistant can add them when he should not be able to.

2 minutes ago, Matteo3champions said:

But this new tutoring/mentoring system could bring also to “fail” for different personalities or something similar like previous versions? 

Of course. Players with opposite personalities are just as likely to fall our or not get along as they were before. 

Hi guys. I've read this thread and I understand that the thinking behind what we should expect to get out of Mentoring is no longer what what we used to get out of Tutoring. 

Despite that, I was expecting to see more/some results after a whole season of mentoring as follows. 

I was really just trying to experiment with this but had pretty limited Mentoring resources managing Barnet, so created the following 2 groups. 

Pro. I only had 2 personalities in the squad, so my thinking was if I group them together and add in a player who's (Pro) I wanted to improve, then this would be my best bet. I know that (Pro) is a hidden attribute but I also know that I would get some feedback within the "Player Personality Changes" section of the "Player Development Advice Summary". Well I have been running this group for a whole season now and I have seen absolutely no impact. There has been no feedback advising me of progress, no PPM's have been transferred and there has been no change in the media handling style of Jack (Bal), who's (Pro) I was hoping to increase. 

b044c24b8938e08665d5794566a64d83.png

Det. I wanted to do a 2nd Group concentrating on (Det) simply because it was visible and might allow me more opportunities for understanding how it worked. Wes (Bal) was the player who's (Det) I was looking to improve, (it started at 3), and the other 2 players had a (Det) attribute of 14 and 12 respectively, so my thinking was that it should be reasonable to expect to see some increase in the (Det) level of Wes (Bal) during this time. As in the Pro Group above however, there has been absolutely no visible change. There have been no PPM's passed on and the (Det) level of Wes (Bal) has remained completely static at 3. 

785ebd968f33f8bad67aaed412844e73.png

Please don't think I'm complaining here. I expect that the issue here is a lack of understanding on my part and I'm more interested in learning than complaining. 

In addition to that, Cousins (Pro) in Pro Group is a GK and Jack (Bal) is a central midfielder which probably isn't idea. 

Despite all that, I was expecting more than.... nothing. 

Something that I also did when setting these 2 Groups up is let the Ass Man take control and see what he did and see if I could work out why he did what he did. He also created 2 Groups as follows. 

1e912a8e802f56447dc68f679c8a71da.png

I couldn't really work out what he was trying to do in either Group and if I'm honest it appeared to be mentoring for mentoring sake. 

Something else that jumped out at me was that while most of the info here was available already, (Name, Hierarchy, Social Group, Age & Personality), the only "New" column was "Estimated Influence on Group". 

If we look at Mentoring Group 2, then that seems to make sense. Mauro (POR) (Bal) is Highly Influential so it stands to reason that his influence on the group will be greater than the 3 players who are just classed as "Other Players" within the club hierarchy. 

If we look at Mentoring Group 1 however, that makes less sense. Reynolds (F.Sport) is Highly Influential and his Estimated Influence on Group is Average. Well that seems ok. That seems to marry up with what we saw in the 2nd Group. Cheye (F.Pro) on the other hand is in the Other Players Hierarchy band, yet his influence is Average, the same as that of Reynolds (F.Sport) who is Highly Influential. What is it that is impacting on Cheye (F.Pro) to increase his estimated influence, (because there is nothing on this page to indicate it).  

• SI Staff

@Jimbokav1971 - if you upload your save for me I can take a look to see if this is working as we would expect. It does look about right going off your information though. I'm not going to reveal what exactly decides estimated influence, but if any do look well off let me know and we can check.

As you have alluded to yourself, mentoring is a different system to tutoring and it does take longer. It can take up to 6 months for the first impacts to be seen and over twice that for big changes to occur.

I @Seb WassellThanks for the response. No, I didn't mean to suggest that it was a bug and wasn't working as intended. It's simply my understanding that needs to improve. :lol:

In the Pro Mentoring Group, the Influential player was a GK and the other players were a WBR and a MC. I'm guessing that was the issue there. 

In the Det Mentoring Group, the Highly Influential player was a DC and the other players were a MC and a MC. I'm thinking that might have have a negative effect too. 

I'm going to continue as is then and see what happens, (if anything). 

Someone suggested that there was more info coming on 2nd with full release. I hope so because I need help. 

4 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

@Jimbokav1971 - if you upload your save for me I can take a look to see if this is working as we would expect. It does look about right going off your information though. I'm not going to reveal what exactly decides estimated influence, but if any do look well off let me know and we can check.

As you have alluded to yourself, mentoring is a different system to tutoring and it does take longer. It can take up to 6 months for the first impacts to be seen and over twice that for big changes to occur.

Is there a mentoring age range, the same as tutoring?

Does a mentor become a mentor age 24? (Like with tutoring)

Is it possible for a 17 year old to influence the personality attributes of a 23 year old?

Is it possible for a 17 year old to influence the personality attributes of a 28 year old?

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, y0lo said:

Is there a mentoring age range, the same as tutoring?

There are no hard rules anymore, only factors that make the outcome more or less likely.

After the age of 24 a player is less likely to be influenced, but it is still possible. Similarly, under the age of 18 a player is quite unlikely to be doing the influencing, but it is possible.

1 hour ago, y0lo said:

Does a mentor become a mentor age 24? (Like with tutoring)

No - see above.

1 hour ago, y0lo said:

Is it possible for a 17 year old to influence the personality attributes of a 23 year old?

Yes but it'd be rare.

1 hour ago, y0lo said:

Is it possible for a 17 year old to influence the personality attributes of a 28 year old?

Yes but it would be extremely rare.

• 1 month later...

Is there an advised limit i should stick to with regards to the number of players per mentoring group? I currently have a group with seven players in it (two players with significant impact, three with average and two with light) and am not sure if this is over doing it.

Thanks.

Archived