Zero 2 Hero Save, Players want me sacked

I've started my annual Zero to Hero (Non League to Legend) save where I put myself in the nearest club in the lowest league in my country and try to do everything as realistic as possible.
When I started I put my attributes and manager experience at the lowest I could and my age at 23. (Did the exact same thing last year only I had the age at 30).
My club set a goal to reach the top half of the table, and half way trough the season I was doing well for myself sitting at 2. before my captain told me that I had lost the faith from the players, and that either him or me where leaving the club.
After kicking him on his arse out the door, the rest of the players wanted me to leave aswell.
Any idea why, and/or how to fix this? 

30 minutes ago, FixFaxer said:

I've started my annual Zero to Hero (Non League to Legend) save where I put myself in the nearest club in the lowest league in my country and try to do everything as realistic as possible.
When I started I put my attributes and manager experience at the lowest I could and my age at 23. (Did the exact same thing last year only I had the age at 30).
My club set a goal to reach the top half of the table, and half way trough the season I was doing well for myself sitting at 2. before my captain told me that I had lost the faith from the players, and that either him or me where leaving the club.
After kicking him on his arse out the door, the rest of the players wanted me to leave aswell.
Any idea why, and/or how to fix this? 

It sounds like you'd somehow annoyed him before that? 

Just now, Spurs08 said:

It sounds like you'd somehow annoyed him before that? 

My reputation/faith to the players have been at Poor/Very poor since the beginning, but I can't think of anything setting him off like that specificly.
I did have a talk with him giving him praise for good work lately, which he didn't really understand why for some reason.
The moral on all players where good but as I said, reputation/faith to me as a manager seems to be non existent with me as a 23 year old nobody.
Actually seems more realistic now when I think about it to be honest, but still. Have not had this problem before.

The players may want you out but at the moment the board wont so keep on winning and try to win the squad round- obviously as a 23 year old manager with absolutely no experience, you are starting at rock bottom so will have to work hard to get their trust/faith

21 minutes ago, FrazT said:

The players may want you out but at the moment the board wont so keep on winning and try to win the squad round- obviously as a 23 year old manager with absolutely no experience, you are starting at rock bottom so will have to work hard to get their trust/faith

Is this feature now? I mean having no experience means some thing now? so that having experience or Reputation has any thing do other than getting hired by bigger clubs along side performances?

It has always been the case that your starting experience and reputation will have an impact on how your players will react to you-if you start at the bottom, expect to have to work hard and be successful if you want to get on and have the respect of the players.  If you have a higher reputation, the players will give you more time, if you are not successful.

This new feature is 100% broken IMO. I was top of the championship in November with Barnsley when I apparently lost the dressing room because I gave one bad teamtalk. Not multiple bad teamtalks, just one. At which point we started to lose and play like rubbish and drop down the league. Had to start again and made myself a former international. Basically the only way to do it now.

51 minutes ago, FrazT said:

It has always been the case that your starting experience and reputation will have an impact on how your players will react to you-if you start at the bottom, expect to have to work hard and be successful if you want to get on and have the respect of the players.  If you have a higher reputation, the players will give you more time, if you are not successful.

but never faced that team wants me to get sacked, if we are winning they didn't make much noise except fringe players asking for First team. 

1 hour ago, FrazT said:

I needed to have a team meating where I basicly had to promise to win "back" the dressing room if they where to give me more time, even tho I never had it in the first place. My current Captain is marked with "Promise" witch states that he is waiting for me to uphold my promise. Seems a bit harsh? 

Here is a quote from another forum.

"from what ive seen in the Beta it wont matter if you win every game, for the first season if you picked "sunday league footballer" as your background, any player who thinks he has a reputation will not have faith in you because you are a nobody and footballers are made of ego"

Guess thats why im struggling as well at Barcelona. :D 

Turan got an offer from Utd (which is shocking) but given he was good enough to be in squad due to injuries i tried to give him contract He asked me he needs to be Captain which i disagreed and he made a hell out of why he doesn't had a new contract ( for a rotation one he needs a Captain ). I accepted Utd offer of 30 M$ and team Messi came to me why you sold an influential player. 

I was like WTF , In real life he was on the verge of leaving the team. 

This is why FM has lost it's fun factor.  I want to play a football manager game without spending three quarters of my time massaging every players ego, because their isn't an actual man among them, just over entitled babies with over inflated opinions of themselves.  In real life there are a few players like this but they are the exception rather than the rule, which is why we tend to be able to name them.  The majority of players get on with the job but Si take it to the extremes and give all of them the Diego Costa gene without also giving them his talent.  I can understand that if one of the clubs most influential players gets pissed off and takes most of the dressing room with him but when it's a low level backup the realism falls apart.  I also accept that on very rare occasions in real life you will get a team that wants the manager out.  A team that then betrays their fans and everyone else around them by not playing to their full ability and take to the field to make up the numbers and draw the pay cheque, only to start the miracle of winning as if it's a walk in the park as soon as another manager comes in.  Remind you of anyone?  But again this is rare and it would appear that 'Rare' is a word that Si don't know exists.

2 minutes ago, eric1000 said:

This is why FM has lost it's fun factor.  I want to play a football manager game without spending three quarters of my time massaging every players ego, because their isn't an actual man among them, just over entitled babies with over inflated opinions of themselves.  In real life there are a few players like this but they are the exception rather than the rule, which is why we tend to be able to name them.  The majority of players get on with the job but Si take it to the extremes and give all of them the Diego Costa gene without also giving them his talent.  I can understand that if one of the clubs most influential players gets pissed off and takes most of the dressing room with him but when it's a low level backup the realism falls apart.  I also accept that on very rare occasions in real life you will get a team that wants the manager out.  A team that then betrays their fans and everyone else around them by not playing to their full ability and take to the field to make up the numbers and draw the pay cheque, only to start the miracle of winning as if it's a walk in the park as soon as another manager comes in.  Remind you of anyone?  But again this is rare and it would appear that 'Rare' is a word that Si don't know exists.

Amen to that.  There is still time for them to fix it, but I don't have too high hopes.

8 minutes ago, FixFaxer said:

Amen to that.  There is still time for them to fix it, but I don't have too high hopes.

If you have an issue to report, please do so in the bugs forum with a copy of your save before the incident, ideally.

Just now, FixFaxer said:

Would this count as an issue/bug tho?

Your post said "There is still time for them to fix it", so that means you think there's an issue. If you think there is one, please report it for the SI team to look at. That's the only way you'll definitely know that it gets looked at.

2 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Your post said "There is still time for them to fix it", so that means you think there's an issue. If you think there is one, please report it for the SI team to look at. That's the only way you'll definitely know that it gets looked at.

It has been like that for the past few years, and It's just something i've learned to live with like everyone else. Players ego is not the problem I have at the moment, but I will make a post in the bug forum aswell and see if I can get some responses there :)

Another really annoying thing is when I try and sign a new player,  I get approached by a player in their position saying they're concerned that they're being replaced.

I told them to fight hard and you will keep your place. They then tell me they shouldn't need to do that and now I have 10+ players against me.

2 minutes ago, ChelseaFan said:

Another really annoying thing is when I try and sign a new player,  I get approached by a player in their position saying they're concerned that they're being replaced.

I told them to fight hard and you will keep your place. They then tell me they shouldn't need to do that and now I have 10+ players against me.

Seems like the new "clicks" and players grouping up on the manager is somewhat of a problem. One misstep and all your players are against you.  

Archived