Simmed 8 years and the transfer fees..

16 minutes ago, Hilly27 said:

I think you're glossing over the point I was making. Whilst we all know money talks in modern football, then surely all true football fans would welcome a top player staying at his home club, who ever that player is, or whatever club it happens to be.  The point you fail to address, is your statement that Kane should be at any other club but Tottenham.  History matters, and in English football, Tottenham have been history makers, as have many of their players. So why shouldn't Harry stay at Spurs?

Because they won’t win the league? They’ve bottled it twice before and if nothing changes, they won’t win it at all. Doesn’t want to be known as another Gerrard. I was surprised at your managers comments the other day about not being bothered about the League cup of whatever it’s called and the fa Cup. Surely winning a trophy breeds winners... also surprising that I thought a manager like Poch would welcome a trophy as he’s won nothing in his managerial career so far! But I’d prefer him to stay at spurs then any other club in the prem. would take him at chelsea though. As long as he doesn’t move abroad, as wouldn’t want the league losing its best players. 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Hilly27 said:

I think you're glossing over the point I was making. Whilst we all know money talks in modern football, then surely all true football fans would welcome a top player staying at his home club, who ever that player is, or whatever club it happens to be.  The point you fail to address, is your statement that Kane should be at any other club but Tottenham.  History matters, and in English football, Tottenham have been history makers, as have many of their players. So why shouldn't Harry stay at Spurs?

I'm not glossing over any points - you glossed over my original post and took it out of context.

On ‎29‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 17:07, Smurf said:

It remains to be seen how he'd do at the top level. Spurs have never won the league. Never won a champions league, England haven't performed in Euros or World Cups. He's a good Premiership striker, given top goalscorer two years in a row. 

He's a good striker - but largely unproven - I would be delighted to be proved wrong, as I'm a massive fan - but have to remain realistic based on current achievements. 

I'm sure he'll flourish - but I don't think Spurs are the club for him. And I don't think financially they are in a position to turn down £100m for him. I think they'd jump at the chance. If anything I'd say he'd go for north of that - but not the fees of Mbappe, Neymar etc. 

What level is he at now then?Top scorer in the hardest league in the world,scoring in European football and on the International stage, you can't get much higher than that.

At 24 he has won nothing except a golden boot. 

I suppose that is an achievement. One in a season where Jamie Vary was 2ND. And top teams were misfiring.

And scoring all the goals and coming 4th in the league. 

It would be so much better if he scored all the goals. Finished 1St got to the champions league final and the world cup semi or finals

When that happens then he will be the best. 

1 hour ago, Smurf said:

At 24 he has won nothing except a golden boot. 

I suppose that is an achievement. One in a season where Jamie Vary was 2ND. And top teams were misfiring.

And scoring all the goals and coming 4th in the league. 

It would be so much better if he scored all the goals. Finished 1St got to the champions league final and the world cup semi or finals

When that happens then he will be the best. 

That is largely irrelevant, it's like under rating a Formula 1 driver because he's got a bad car.

Some truly average players have won a lot (like Fletcher, Phil Neville etc.) and some truly great players never won a trophy, (like Le Tissier and Shearer) 

Kane is world class, there is really no argument about it and Real Madrid wouldn't be laying the ground work for buying him if he wasn't.

---------------------------------------------------------

On a side note I can't see Real Madrid selling Asensio. He's their great hope and haven't they just given him a new contract with a 500 million release to stop PSG poaching him like Neymar

Kane is not World Class. 

If he was World Class than every football fan in the world, including Spain, would know who he is. The article I quoted above posted by the BBC Sport where a Spanish journalist even said that Kane is not widely known about in Spain.

If he was World Class he would be at a World Class team already. If he was World Class he would have more trophies. 

All I'm saying is - don't make the same mistake as Le Tissier and Shearer, and plenty of other people. 

Until he actually does something World Class, like win a Champions League, or win the League, or get to the Semi-Final/Final of a World Cup and be influential in the team for those tournaments. You can't be a World Class player if you've never won any trophies for club or country.

He's England's best striker. 

But he's a world apart from the class of Aguero, Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Lewandowski, Cavani, Benzema, Aubameyang, Griezman, Falcao, Sanchez, Muller, Hazard, Bale, Robben, Gomez etc.

There are World Class players like the above. 

And underneath that you have the Kane's, and other players of that calibre. 

But you can't put a title of World Class on a player who has no silverware whatsoever - that's just ridiculous. 

I can and just did. He's World Class, he's out performing every other striker in the Prem and has been over the last years, he's just been part of Spurs team that beat Real Madrid as well. Like I said there wouldn't be this conversation about Real Madrid if he wasn't. 

---------------------------------------------------

Anyway, this is getting massively off topic.

Last night I agreed to sign Pietro Pellegri for £7.5 million (no add ons, selling clauses etc.) which is a bit silly IMO, this is probably one of the highest rated young striker prospects in Europe, Genoa apparently turned down 25 million Euros before he'd even played a senior game and he's a 6' 3" 16 year old, and already is a bit of beast physically. 

50 minutes ago, Smurf said:

He's a world apart from the class of Aguero, Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Lewandowski, Cavani, Benzema, Aubameyang, Griezman, Falcao, Sanchez, Muller, Hazard, Bale, Robben, Gomez etc.

There are World Class players like the above. 

Gomez as in the beast of the Turkish superlig Mario Gomez? :lol:

1 hour ago, tajj7 said:

I can and just did. He's World Class, he's out performing every other striker in the Prem and has been over the last years, he's just been part of Spurs team that beat Real Madrid as well. Like I said there wouldn't be this conversation about Real Madrid if he wasn't. 

---------------------------------------------------

Anyway, this is getting massively off topic.

Last night I agreed to sign Pietro Pellegri for £7.5 million (no add ons, selling clauses etc.) which is a bit silly IMO, this is probably one of the highest rated young striker prospects in Europe, Genoa apparently turned down 25 million Euros before he'd even played a senior game and he's a 6' 3" 16 year old, and already is a bit of beast physically. 

May be fixed for full release, That information may not have been known to the researcher when he submitted his date

1 hour ago, tajj7 said:

Well your definition of World Class is not the same as the rest of the world according to FIFA Best Player Awards.

And I suppose that going by your logic that all the following are World Class strikers in 2017.

Lionel Messi (WORLD CLASS)
Barcelona    37 goals

Dragan Bošković
Bangkok United    36 goals

Bas Dost
Sporting CP    33 goals

Jajá Coelho
Buriram United  31 goals

Harry Kane
 Tottenham Hotspur     29 goals

Robert Lewandowski (WORLD CLASS)
Bayern Munich    28 goals

Edinson Cavani (WORLD CLASS)
Paris Saint-Germain   28 goals

Ciro Immobile
Lazio     28 goals

Dries Mertens
Napoli    27 goals

Albert Prosa
FCI Tallinn     27 goals

Rauno Sappinen
 FC Flora Tallinn    27 goals

According to your logic - they are scoring goals in their countries top leagues - therefore tehy are all World Class players...

There are only 3 World Class players in that list - and one of them is not Kane.

And there's 1 World Class player not in that list and it's Neymar.

18 minutes ago, Smurf said:

Well your definition of World Class is not the same as the rest of the world according to FIFA Best Player Awards.

And I suppose that going by your logic that all the following are World Class strikers in 2017.

Lionel Messi (WORLD CLASS)
Barcelona    37 goals

Dragan Bošković
Bangkok United    36 goals

Bas Dost
Sporting CP    33 goals

Jajá Coelho
Buriram United  31 goals

Harry Kane
 Tottenham Hotspur     29 goals

Robert Lewandowski (WORLD CLASS)
Bayern Munich    28 goals

Edinson Cavani (WORLD CLASS)
Paris Saint-Germain   28 goals

Ciro Immobile
Lazio     28 goals

Dries Mertens
Napoli    27 goals

Albert Prosa
FCI Tallinn     27 goals

Rauno Sappinen
 FC Flora Tallinn    27 goals

According to your logic - they are scoring goals in their countries top leagues - therefore tehy are all World Class players...

There are only 3 World Class players in that list - and one of them is not Kane.

And there's 1 World Class player not in that list and it's Neymar.

Yeh you are quite obtuse. Cos you know all those leagues are rated for the same quality, oh wait they aren't. 

Hence why the Golden shoe rates players by difficulty of the league and thus Kane has achieved pretty much the same rating as players you maintain are 'World Class', but apparently he's not. He got a higher rating than Cavani for the last years, so your ratings are laughable to be honest. Cos it's hard to score 18 and 19 goals for PSG in the French league, like 'World Class' Cavani did in 14/15 and 15/16, whilst Kane scored 21 and 25 in those years. 

And not like Kane was on the Ballon D'or shortlist, oh wait he was. 

You said something silly, and have desperately been trying to save face throughout this thread, you've failed. But this is not on-topic so I can't be bothered to keep responding to you.  You think Kane isn't World Class, you are wrong, but that is your prerogative. 

49 minutes ago, cris182 said:

May be fixed for full release, That information may not have been known to the researcher when he submitted his date

Hopefully, I'm pretty sure the kid has said he wants to remain a Genoa player for a while yet and I can't see that team selling their best asset for so cheap.

24 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

You said something silly, and have desperately been trying to save face throughout this thread, you've failed. But this is not on-topic so I can't be bothered to keep responding to you.  You think Kane isn't World Class, you are wrong, but that is your prerogative.

I aboslutely completely disagree that I've been trying to save face throughout the thread. My points are perfectly valid - until he proves himself on the world stage he can't be a world class player - and he hasn't by the fact he plays for Spurs who he has never won the leauge with, not got to even a final European, Domestically, or Internationally in his career and he's 24.

The list of players was based on your logic - not mine.

I'm not going to convince a forum full of England fans, and a lot of Spurs fans that Harry Kane isn't World Class - in my opinion.

Top striker - seems like a great player for Spurs. But World Class he is not.

It's fine you have a different opinion - so let's drop it. 

"We'll have to agree to disagree, as long as I always get the last word in, because neither of us are right (except I am)"

I'd say it's like the proverbial two bald men fighting over the comb, but they'd have given up the fight long ago.  

So, aye, transfer fees...

1 hour ago, forameuss said:

Christ...what an incredibly tedious argument this has turned out to be.

Quite.  Please drop all this Harry Kane nonsense and get back to the topic at hand which is transfer fees in 8 years time and not a debate about whether Kane is world class or not.

8 minutes ago, Matshit said:

So Ballon d'Or winner George Weah had no change of being world class?

I’m talking about this day and age mate...

when apparently everyone and anyone is world class or a legend 🙄!

3 hours ago, Smurf said:

I aboslutely completely disagree that I've been trying to save face throughout the thread. My points are perfectly valid - until he proves himself on the world stage he can't be a world class player - and he hasn't by the fact he plays for Spurs who he has never won the leauge with, not got to even a final European, Domestically, or Internationally in his career and he's 24.

The list of players was based on your logic - not mine.

I'm not going to convince a forum full of England fans, and a lot of Spurs fans that Harry Kane isn't World Class - in my opinion.

Top striker - seems like a great player for Spurs. But World Class he is not.

It's fine you have a different opinion - so let's drop it. 

Not an England fan or a Spurs fan but Kane is World Class. I don't even like to admit because iI was convinced he was a one season wonder. Centre forwards that I can think of that are better than him: Lewandowski, Aguero, Suarez and Higuain.

On topic - transfer fees look fine!

Archived