Watford unbeatable.......

5 hours ago, Chinook2000 said:

How are Everton and AFC Wimbledon getting on? Are their rivals Luton Town MK Dons & Liverpool doing poorly? In two long saves I have seen Everton relegated & struggle.

Everton has been relegated first season in both saves I've played. Don't they have one of the longest spells without being relegated in England? Something like 60 years?

• 3 weeks later...

I always suffer against them independent of their form and position in the league. Their goalkeeper does wonders again whoever he is. Now they have Marcus Bettinelli. It seems like he built a career only displaying ridiculous performances against me.

• 3 weeks later...

Money talks, specially in football as we all know.:kriss:

In all seriousness though, as long as Mazzari is still in charge, they mostly line up off a 5-3-2 WB. The AI oft has a bit of a habit of not having one of the central midfielders in such formation on defend duty during prolonged minutes of a season, likely because the 3 CBs are all on defend already usually/often. As that means none of them will really keep position, and they all eventually meet up with the two central forwards in front of them, this tends to fuel a bit into a weak area of this engine version, namely: central spaces a tad easily overloaded with advancing players until you may be a bit prepared to combat that. Then again... that's a bit too reasonable, so ok, I'm sold. :brock:

Relegated in my first season while managing in France so they must have been beaten a couple of times

btw Everton got relegated too #19th spot which was a true surprise 

I  am in 2022 and they are just an average mid table side on mine

2016/17: 15th

2017/18: 15th

2018/19: 13th

2019/20: 9th

2020/21: 9th

Everton meanwhile are in the championship after getting relegated in 2020, finished 17th in the first season too and don't look like they will come back up this season. Wimbledon got  relegated into league two early on but went straight back up and are currently mid table in League 1.

Watford Everton do end up having realistic positions in the leagues over all my sims. But yes OP has a point the Mazzarri 5-3-2 is ridiculously hard to beat with most conventional FM tactics. 

I always keep a 3-4-1-2 (any 3 at the back tactic seems to work) tactic fully trained as my third tactic and I don't have to face this problem anymore. 

Watford just finished 10th in my save (first season) with Everton down in 14th.

I got 2 draws against Watford (0-0 at home, 1-1 away) and in both I was probably a little unlucky. There are other clubs that I struggle more against than them though.

Archived