[FM17] San Giovanni - Tearing down the Establishment

Bedese

6 hours ago, Jupjamie said:

Here's how the season's gone so far:

9d2612562d4d955935085f627d602d6c.png

I knew we'd be awful at football, but this is something else. The tactic isn't actually faring too badly - we're creating lots of good chances - but we don't have enough quality in the side to actually convert those chances, or keep the goals out at the other end.

I'm tweaking the formation slightly to give us more stability, hopefully:

0a10a18c28b4931b8439ad97cba139a0.png

How is it working? I would advise against playing without wingers, especially because fullbacks are so weak at this level. Crosses are a key source of goals in LLM.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

Whoa!  Nice intake!

It's not bad, is it? :cool:

3 minutes ago, jengaehassim said:

How is it working? I would advise against playing without wingers, especially because fullbacks are so weak at this level. Crosses are a key source of goals in LLM.

It's actually going pretty well so far. Normally I'd be 100% be using wingers, but we don't actually have any competent ones at the moment :lol: 

Season Review!

League

We're unlucky that we played in a ridiculously strong group. 

Cup

We equalised in the 120th minute against Fiorentino, but they got the win on penalties.

Schedule

Squad

We've lost a lot of players to retirement, so next season may be a little harder as we blood the youth.

Other Teams: Tre Penne lost 3-1 in the CL First Qualifying Round to Lincoln from Gibraltar, Domagnano lost 5-0 to Linfield from Northern Ireland and La Florita lost 5-0 to Rapid Vienna from Austria in the EL First Qualifying Round.

Next year: I'd like to get to the playoffs, but we'll see how retirement affects us.

Season Review!

League

8 teams won at least as many games as us, but that's irrelevant. We're champions! For once, the double elimination format worked in our favour - we lost to Tre Penne in the Playoff 4th round (which is actually the first game we had - it's very confusing), but double elimination that we stayed alive, and knocked off Folgore and La Florita before getting revenge on Tre Penne in the final.

Cup

A double isn't bad, I suppose ;) 

Schedule

Squad

I'm really surprised that we were able to make it to Europe so quickly. Only one youth player played more than 3 games for us this season - everyone else was with the club when I took over.

Other Teams: Tre Penne lost 4-1 in the CL First Qualifying Round to Linfield from Northern Ireland, Fiorentino lost 6-0 to Vaduz from Lichtenstein and Folgore lost 4-0 to Domzale from Slovenia.

Next year: We're going into Europe for the first time! Now that we've won the league I'd like to retain it, but I don't actually think our squad is that strong. Tre Penne are going to be breathing right down our neck.

f5799d95854d18bb01f897c3d852536a.png

After 4 minutes, they were 1-0 up and I expected a long day at the office. Instead, we smashed home 4 to take a 4-1 lead into HT. Fabrizio Giacobbi (YP8) then got a second yellow a minute after he got his first one, and we fell apart, conceding 3 to collapse to a 3-3 draw. I'm not going to complain about 4 away goals, but we should have already had a foot in the next round.

Youth Intake Day!

32b6f2565a80b729886fe0ea6a944e7d.png

fcdfaa6a29164d847202fc86329220f8.png

We're short in goal (get it?). I don't think he's as good as my assistant does, but he's our new starting keeper.

6ffa615adfc913f7bb634c6dc8ff098e.png

Potential to be a decent CM.

21ca67af65b132943d0d1c2d832a5610.png

47219e02b5e2bd29d63306fb2ba992ba.png

We don't use wingers, but if these two develop then we might start.

On 01/02/2017 at 22:48, Jupjamie said:

The only difference (at least the only one that I can think of) with the save is that the in-game editor is going to be turned ON. I'm not editing anything. The only reason the editor is turned on is to look at things under the hood - look, not edit, With Youth Recruitment acting funnily, I want to take a peek at things like reputation and finances for other teams. I'm not going to be looking at anything that will give me an unfair advantage, which means no taking a look at the CA/PA of any of our players (I might take a butchers at some of the other teams in San Marino though).

I guess you'll just have to trust me on that one, but after 60 years of constant losing you'll probably realise that, if I am cheating, I'm absolutely rubbish at it :lol: 

Good idea. :thup:

I don't think that anyone who follows your threads will give a thought to your potential use of the editor. 

46 minutes ago, clarkehwbu said:

Glad you are doing this again, will be following your success (hopefully).

I see you got a Roberto Ciacci at Right Back from an intake. I also did but from my 2nd year at Murata, also one of my best players!

Thanks Clarke! They don't have a huge database of potential names in San Marino, so I'm sure this won't be the only time we 'share' a player :D 

3 minutes ago, Jupjamie said:

Thanks Clarke! They don't have a huge database of potential names in San Marino, so I'm sure this won't be the only time we 'share' a player :D 

I noticed that! Hopefully we both get to a point where we start having some foreigners other than Italy in.

Season Review!

League

We didn't play too well all season, and lost 1-0 on the final day needing a point to send us to the playoffs. Tre Penne - one of only two Semi-Pro teams in the league (La Florita turned Semi-Pro this year) - had an even worse year.

Cup

We won our group, but then got knocked out in the Semi Final by eventual winners Folgore.

Schedule

Squad

No-one scoring double digit goals is... horrible.

Other Teams: Tre Penne lost 7-0 to Slovan Liberec from the Czech Republic and La Florita lost 6-0 to Vaduz from Lichtenstein.

Next year: I don't think we're the best team in San Marino by any means, but I'd like to get back into Europe.

Archived