Every Country? Are You Nuts?

smp20

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Signing of the Century

179f7e2003a3be0e0834c0d354468b6a.png

For an academy challenge, this is the equivalent of signing Ronaldo or Messi. Here's why

c33bdb9a09573850c0a6f243c978d02f.png

He's F'ing incredible!!!!!!!!!!! I had to negotiate with the board to increase wages for HOYD because before we could only offer him £9k and I wasn't missing out on this opportunity.

Why did Barca B get rid of Ruben? - also good to see you got him for £200/w less !

btw can you search for Icons?

Sorry for Q`s [ would you prefer private mail or on this thread? ] - Do Staff contracts automatically renew?

My dilemma in Sept 17 , just started Prem season, I feel that the current staff are not right but most expire in Summer 18 - lot of money to pay off, then may not get the Staff I want ???

5 minutes ago, nextqprmanager said:

Sorry for Q`s [ would you prefer private mail or on this thread? ] - Do Staff contracts automatically renew?

My dilemma in Sept 17 , just started Prem season, I feel that the current staff are not right but most expire in Summer 18 - lot of money to pay off, then may not get the Staff I want ???

Sorry to hijack @smp20 but staff contracts end but stay on a monthly to monthly basis unless you A) release them or B) they decide to leave

Happy with questions and thanks @clarkehwbu for helping.

You can see legends, icons and favoured personnel on the club info screen that looks like this. Some you won't be able to click on as they're not in the database as staff/players.

First, I'd search for staff to see if who you can get are better than what you already have of course. I try not to make lots and lots of changes, except right at the very start, because mass overhauls of staff affects cohesion / familiarity. Any staff you don't want you can offer mutual termination for which is generally a lot less than sacking them outright.

Image result for cd castellon

Youth Intake 2021

2a8c5a80b0cbf9b4b162ff83bbccde38.png

7b526eda8fb65a028417f158b24c0d4f.png

Bernie's first intake and while there isn't much depth in quality, we do have one top quality prospect!

090fe3565b9257c7daf9ec345b38ee12.png

Martin looks like an incredible talent. We've already got a great left winger already so competition will be stiff. Jose Carlos Marin 19A and Jose Jaime Martin 21A, the opposition won't know which one they're up against :lol:

97b5af59ba25f2d4cb6338c2def474ed.png

We love producing right backs, that's a good one every intake so far!

af929738fd1c4477da98e0ac8250d6a7.png

Bernat is unlikely to oust our current strikers from the first team, but he could become a decent back up.

7 hours ago, nextqprmanager said:

Bodes well for the future

It bodes well for the future and now :D

7 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Oof...that HOYD is pure gold. Worth every penny, and then some.

He is. Between him and Thomas Albeck, they are the HOYD gods. No idea why he was sitting without a club for 3 years.

I'm so annoyed. My laptop just blue screened. Fortunately no FM progress lost, however the end of season post I've just spend a good part of an hour putting together was lost and the 'restore' option didn't keep it, just the stuff from the last quotes I made. Arrghhh. I will re-do it, but its going to be brief.

3 minutes ago, smp20 said:

I'm so annoyed. My laptop just blue screened. Fortunately no FM progress lost, however the end of season post I've just spend a good part of an hour putting together was lost and the 'restore' option didn't keep it, just the stuff from the last quotes I made. Arrghhh. I will re-do it, but its going to be brief.

I've had that happen a few times before, but just by accidentally leaving the page. One of the biggest morale-killers for sure!

1 minute ago, BoxToBox said:

3 years, jesus that's madness that he was never picked up....

He was probably just enjoying early semi-retirement. Or so he thought :lol:. I hope that he feels revitalised, because I want him to work well into his 70s.

Just now, oriole01 said:

I've had that happen a few times before, but just by accidentally leaving the page. One of the biggest morale-killers for sure!

My first thought was '****, did I save at the end of the season?'. If I hadn't I would have been very, very upset. Luckily I had, but alas not all was saved :(.

Just now, smp20 said:

but alas not all was saved :(.

You mean Ruben Suarez coming out of retirement and winning that coveted Ballon D'or? Damn, what a terrible time to lose your progress!

Sidenote- you've still not bought a new laptop? Christ mate, I really will send you that HP Spectre in the mail soon if this keeps up :lol:.

Castellon 2020/21 - A Picture Paints Words Update

zWdULhF.png

What a season! 6th Place in La Liga is an incredible achievement. Sorry guys but I haven't got the energy to post up a huge update like I had done before. What I will do is post up lots of screenshots under the relevant headings so you can see how it went :brock:.  I hope you don't mind. The more observant of you may notice that if we had won our last two games, we would have finished 3rd!

La Liga Results

lLICOIy.pngKuG2rFh.png

La Liga Table

ELBDGkZ.png

Copa del Rey

ELJHfdd.png

Transfers

POFMVab.png

Finances

qXsXHGE.png

Facilities

C3bBfxb.png

Player Stats (Top 16 by Minutes Played)

sVTrNkG.png

Best 11

ujxCpyy.png

N3DGKoV.png

d0PZROB.png

B9IWHOT.png

hSNdUW5.png

NGNFtEd.png

2v7itDC.png

5M0sstx.png

LyNxxB7.png

JUkCPZm.png

ZeQNOuq.png

cEHqe74.png

4xaH04r.png

Awards

KBACvBN.png

UrK6Myj.png

sdrsbp9.png

KDRDJjk.png

AFBjeNS.png

15 minutes ago, oriole01 said:

You mean Ruben Suarez coming out of retirement and winning that coveted Ballon D'or? Damn, what a terrible time to lose your progress!

Sidenote- you've still not bought a new laptop? Christ mate, I really will send you that HP Spectre in the mail soon if this keeps up :lol:.

Yeah Ruben had just beaten Cristiano Ronaldo's goalscoring record too! :p

Yes still the same laptop. Nothing wrong with speed, it's working well in generally and has a decent processor for a 4 year old laptop. It's just prone to the odd blue screen! Though that's the first time it's happened for a while. Please do feel free to send me that super laptop instead :cool::lol:.

4b3f6d55b77c6c821c41454017cababf.png

Wow, not a bad first message to receive when you click continue :eek:. A new era dawns in Castellon. It's costing us £400k a month until 2045 however, so it comes at a huge cost.

18 hours ago, smp20 said:

Happy with questions and thanks @clarkehwbu for helping.

You can see legends, icons and favoured personnel on the club info screen that looks like this. Some you won't be able to click on as they're not in the database as staff/players.

First, I'd search for staff to see if who you can get are better than what you already have of course. I try not to make lots and lots of changes, except right at the very start, because mass overhauls of staff affects cohesion / familiarity. Any staff you don't want you can offer mutual termination for which is generally a lot less than sacking them outright.

Sorry to harbour the point, but it would be useful on FM is you agreed new staff, then FM gave you an option to replace your existing staff.

1 hour ago, nextqprmanager said:

Sorry to harbour the point, but it would be useful on FM is you agreed new staff, then FM gave you an option to replace your existing staff.

This option is there, new staff coming in will be blocked and you will be asked which (if any) member of staff you wish to terminate.

1 hour ago, nextqprmanager said:

Wow the Stadium is a big out lay

I love £110M offset by £3.1M !

Just as well you won`t buy expensive players`

Haha our current ground isnt worth very much at all. Its costing us £400k a month over 25 years.

3 minutes ago, smp20 said:

This option is there, new staff coming in will be blocked and you will be asked which (if any) member of staff you wish to terminate.

It has happened when a good Coach wanted to be Chief Coach or a good Scout wanted to be H of YD - I could replace existing staff, but using Di Natale as example, the Board blocks saying I have enough staff, before I can terminate  / swap ??

Maybe its just higher level staff you can swap?

*Spoiler alert*

1f472c3e3f4069ecf35344ce52c4933a.png

An incredible 2-1 victory at the Nou Camp! What's more, we out-shot and out-possessed them on their own turf. That man Aroca with another brace. This is getting crazy now.

2 hours ago, nextqprmanager said:

It has happened when a good Coach wanted to be Chief Coach or a good Scout wanted to be H of YD - I could replace existing staff, but using Di Natale as example, the Board blocks saying I have enough staff, before I can terminate  / swap ??

Maybe its just higher level staff you can swap?

I've not had problems with this previously, hold on I will test.

2021/22 Mid-season Update

La Liga Results

0ddndyc.png

We've been in fantastic form! We're still scoring a good amount of goals but our defence has improve significantly. Best results so far are 2-1 win Barca Away and a 5-0 thrashing of Valencia. A good result against Real Madrid, but it was a shame not to win because that would have been one hell of a New Year's Eve party in Castellon!

La Liga Table

m7iY5zI.png

Remarkably, at the half way point we are sitting top of the table. It's tight though, Barca 1 point behind, Atletico 5 points behind, while if Real Madrid win both of their games in hand (due to the CWC) then they will resume their place at the top. We've stumbled across a title race!

Copa del Rey

joimpsO.png

I played a second string side in the home leg vs Las Palmas and it's something I deeply regret. I thought we'd be able to do enough to get through, but struggling Las Palmas found form and knocked us out. Next year!

Europa League

WPApd9y.png

21614e3ba15db63eb2b8e0cfec7e84c5.png

Even with a bit of squad rotation we comfortable found our way into the EL knockout stages. We've got a favourable tie against Mainz. The likes of Barca, Man Utd, Chelsea and Milan are in the knockouts, so our chances of winning it are slim.

Players

d2DHtCY.png1TITR1a.png

A lot more rotation this season due to the increased number of games. Impressive performances all round, including the defence. Top performers - Torregresa, Marin and Vera.

vR0DHsp.png

Marin has been in fine form this year and it didn't go unnoticed in Europe. That's 3 years in a row a Castellon player has won the Golden Boy award.

21 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

Utterly insane, putting us all to shame with our meagre progress! :applause:

Cheers, I don't know about putting to shame though!

I love this tactic, my team has no right to be challenging for the title on paper :cool:

4 hours ago, smp20 said:

895b4efc2fea249dcc0e23daf9fe9a23.png

Just laughed at this again from 2 seasons ago and thought I'd share it. Leonesa easily the worst team to have ever graced the Segunda :lol:

How embarrassed must the team who dropped points against them be?! :lol:

Just now, BoxToBox said:

How embarrassed must the team who dropped points against them be?! :lol:

It was Zaragoza, who missed out on the playoffs by a point....

Youth Intake 2022

HJRP3vI.png

hzdOSQF.png

4 players worth shouting about in this intake, it's another good one. I'm really excited about the 5* PA centre back :)

0t983e4.png

I've got every right to be excited! Ismael Jimenez is a great tackler, has a good mental attribute base for a CB and his physicals are incredible. My kind of defender.

wep51Aj.png

Ismael Martinez looks pretty good. We don't use AMCs so he will be trained as a left winger, but we've got great depth there already.

0Vd1Bc4.png

Guillermo Martin is another decent goalie to come through the ranks.

B8FVII9.png

Looks okay, plenty of development needed to make it as a La Liga winger.

La Liga Results

o2BWAuD.png

10 games played since I last updated; 6 wins, 3 draws 1 loss. We're currently on an 8 match league unbeaten run. Remaining fixtures:

IM7Amf4.png

3 tough away games in  row will test us. The game at the Bernebeu could end up a very exciting one.

La Liga Table

NDu1C1r.png

It's close at the top with just 5 points separating the top 4. Real Madrid still have a game in hand and I fully expect them to beat lowly Almeria to leapfrog us in the league.

Europa League

q59GI00.png

A huge victory in Germany allowed a 2nd string side for the home leg, narrowly losing. A 1-1 away to Celta put us in a good position and we crushed them 7-2 at home. Incredibly, the game was 0-0 at half time! We've got Sporting in the quarter final which will be tough. Here's the full draw:

f5d06d2e76df8f53ea17fba480708f21.png

9 hours ago, nextqprmanager said:

From strength to strength ..........

We will see :)

8 hours ago, BillHoudini24 said:

This is incredible thread! I'm a huge fan of your playing style and of Youth Only Challenges, I'm having a blast reading this. 

I'm gonna start streaming a Youth Challenge on Friday, it will be nice to draw some inspiration from here!

Thanks @BillHoudini24 - glad you are enjoying it. Youth Challenges are all the rage at the moment :D. Best of luck with your streaming.

2021/22 La Liga Update

I'm going to do this in a couple of mini updates with an overview at the end.

Results

1dcecbd2aefdf8c72960c500bb356b26.png

An excellent 3-0 win away to Sevilla stretched our unbeaten run to 9 games, but that was as far as it went. Our form fell apart, losing three straight matches and only picking up 6 points from the last 8 games. Not what I was hoping for! By the time we faced Real Madrid there was of course no chance of catching them.

League Table

P2PH2zv.png

We ended up in a very respectable 3rd place finish which I'm very happy with. If you'd offered me this at the start of season I'd have ripped your hand off, just the disappointment of being top of the table for so long and bottling it lingers on. Real Madrid won the league again, but Atletico came a lot closer than Real would have liked. No real shocks this season - perhaps the complete drop of Malaga from 5th to 17th in a season. Deportivo made an impressive return to La Liga, only just missing out on European football to their bitter rivals Celta Vigo.

Awards

LDsWylw.png

0gU4L69.png

RVDMCJJ.png

rxX7B1o.png

GfbhonD.png

OOIwz76.png

Tycoon Takeover 

tURk3io.png

N5cYFUU.png

:eek: This could be really interesting. Eldense, a club from 5,000 population Elda not far from Alicante, have had a tycoon takeover. They finished the season with just 8 points in Segunda B so the new tycoon will have to be patient in the Terceira division. They are a yo-yo club between the 3rd and 4th tier, but i guess this could change things.

Image result for europa league

Europa League 2021/22 Update

a6ba835f2cb7c9c04dc2dc580414f3fb.png

Despite our atrocious league form, we still managed to do well in Europa and made it to the final :D. It was. quite unusually, our away form that did it for us grabbing wins by 2 goal margins on the road. Sporting and Southampton dispatched.

Image result for estadio benito villamarín

Europa League Final 

Estadio Benito Villamarin

CD Castellon                           Versus                  Manchester United

ldtc7tj.png                       NZE3bnf.png  

Our lineup featured two U19s players who have played just a handful of first team games - untagged Josep Martinez and Carlos Bernat 21C. Reason being that we have 2 defensive mids and 2 strikers out injured :(. Luckily Victor Muniz is fit enough to stick on the bench. Meanwhile, Man Utd field a star-studded side that will cause any team problems. I'm particularly worried about their left side - Shaw & Rashford - being linked by Pogba.

7IkrvXj.png

RCW9Ci1.png

0f4a8e725896e66f5b1075b520dcd897.gif

b8de76673d5802d63514af977e5e0e89.gif

c937f441f730edc108d54393f2c6ac1f.gif

CbWli3N.png

We did it :D. Against all odds considering this was on the back of some atrocious league form. Man Utd will feel aggrieved to have lost given their 39 shots, though 20 were from long and in short we had 3 CCC / 3 HC to their 3 CCC / 5 HC so it was rather even in terms of real chances. Pablo Fernandez' goal was a joy to behold, but it was Torregresa's fantastic pull-back to Ruiz that won the tie for us in extra time. An outstanding performance and the club deservedly grab their first ever major trophy and my first trophy as Castellon manager.

Hall of Fame 

Bernat 21C ~ Torregresa 20A

Marin 19A                                                                 Zarzo

Fernandez 20G ~ Martinez 21Z

Pantoja 21C ~ Vera 20H ~ Pastor 19B ~ Jimenez 18A

Berna 18B

Subs: Garcia 19C ~ Muniz 20B ~ Marenya

Archived