Every Country? Are You Nuts?

smp20

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, nextqprmanager said:

Accepting £81k when the Club received £675k!

I must admit I`m surprised other Clubs don`t want your players?

Nerve wracking promotion!, Just stay up & build [ that`s what i hope to do ]

ps. From you HoYD : Who`s Anton Niklasson?

Luckily nobody really wants my players - probably because they aren't good enough! Anton Niklasson was rubbish so was released and has now retired.

14 hours ago, Cardiovascular said:

Huge progress since I last checked up on - well done in Spain! Was a little bit relieving to see you struggle a bit in Sweden. :D

Cheers @Cardiovascular :). It certainly is a struggle in Sweden.

4 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Tremendous progress! Results aside, are you enjoying Sweden? I love playing there.

Thanks @ManUtd1 - I'm really enjoying the challenge of it - more to follow on that. Finding Sweden very interesting, its so open!

Image result for afk linköping

Dqf9nUe.png

Well, the relegation happened :(. I have to say that I was kind of expecting it, we were nowhere near ready for top flight football. It just comes as a big blow and this must be the first time ever I've been relegated twice on the same save, albeit with different team. Consolation? We're through in the cup. I might be making some drastic decisions going forward.

Allsvenskan

JMvZiaj.png

After the win against fellow strugglers Hacken it looked like we could drag our way out of it, but our form never picked up.

2d17865eef9f635e8726015be1475f83.png

Not a good year for Ostergotlund sides, Norrkoping never got themselves out of trouble and finished bottom! So we have a local game to look forward to in the Superettan.

Youth Intake

ALRxd0H.png

dsBNXZG.png

Decent intake with a good striker. Apologies I only tagged and SS him this year, others should have been tagged and SS, but I was mid-relegation battle and forgot to do so.

ZkmimhK.png

He's got pace and the base attributes for a very good advanced forward :)

Facilities

v8bydms.png

mapOvf2.png

We had our first youth recruitment upgrade.

Finances

s5t162A.png

A rare occasion where we went into the black. I'm really worried about next season.

Transfers

ZoPveG8.png

Lots of rubbish youths got released at the beginning of the season.

Player Stats

Q4DvFmW.png

Top performers were Lagerberg and Henrik Gustavsson. Our defence was useless.

a838d9c550521801a63a84f77a3044bd.png

This is the bold move I mentioned. That's the whole of the original squad released, with the exception of Junus. They all wanted big wage rises, but that's not the biggest reason. Their determination as a squad was awful, it's always having an affect on our youngsters and I bet it influenced those terrible runs of form. We're gutting them out and starting again with our youngsters.

45 minutes ago, nextqprmanager said:

I feel for you - stating the obvious Linkopping probably doesnt have the pull to get the best youth in ?

I hope you survive or better

You must have saved on wages

I'm pretty sure we'll survive. I think our youth intakes will start to improve now.

28 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

I love the bold decision to burn it down and start again.

It had to be done, loyalty can only go so far! I hated the mental attributes and how they dragged determination down in the youngsters coming through.

2023 Mid-season Update

32ed69dcfb1cc1d3b3f4f7e2327561df.png

We're in fantastic form at the moment!

84d9178acc44bcc95d3e33025830741f.png

We're top of the table by 6 points at the halfway point. I wasn't expecting this! The youngsters are doing the club proud.

f4aabcbe28f1fbf078a85d55920367f9.png

We're back to the 4-4-2 and it seems to be working wonders so far.

ec935ce0701177042c6d0698113bb79e.png

Our forwards - Lagerberg, Olofsson and Axelsson - have formed a tremendous trio.

5 hours ago, nextqprmanager said:

Can you replace Nyman?

I take it this is a stronger Squad to take up?

He can't be replaced with quality unfortunately.

I'd say stronger and developing. Whereas the team before was stuck with the ability it had and they were overachieving - but when things didn't go right they didn't have the guts. This young team is more determined and more professional so it'll work out better in the long run

1 hour ago, ManUtd1 said:

Amen. Very bold, and I'm glad it's playing off. 

Good to see that you're enjoying Sweden as well!

It was one of those decisions that I was either going regret big time (if we had lost several first team players because of the board accepting we'd be screwed) or it would work out well and I could forget all about the old guard. Fortunately, it's the latter. Sweden is a bit of a yo-yo for me performance wise, Austria and Spain were a breeze in comparison.

1 hour ago, Slipky said:

This is a pleasure to read.

Thanks @Slipky :)

2023 Youth Intake

Qrf4J9F.png

zoMlcCi.png 

A great intake with several players ready to go straight into the first team. Lannstrom is another good keeper, while Birgersson is a good replacement for Nyman, it's just a shame they couldn't form a partnership.

3JD5sVC.png

Rb4AAaH.png

GBKQ9rc.png

Swem3l5.png

CaNKoMY.png

rBwGD5g.png

5 minutes ago, hasdgfas said:

Oh man, Per Öhman's hair is delightful.

Edit: Öhman that hairs good :brock:. I posted these profiles to show it off :D

Cheers @ManUtd1 for pointing me in the right direction for the hair pack. 

On 2/10/2017 at 19:34, BoxToBox said:

I read that CB's name as "Biggersson" and thought to myself, "how apt".

Yes he is a big lad :D

On 2/10/2017 at 21:36, ManUtd1 said:

Hahaha...great photos and names! Nice intake, as well.

Gotta love the Swedes!

On 2/10/2017 at 23:05, Stocke said:

Bit late, but congrats on the youth recruitment upgrade! Looks like it's paying off already, hopefully Birgersson can fill Nyman's boots

Cheers @Stocke - I have my fingers crossed as well.

V0G8Ko7.png

An excellent season where our youngsters really did us proud. We've bounced straight back up to the Allsvenskan :). We're also through to the cup group stages after beating Oddevold (Division Ett) 4-0.

Superettan

CGhKC6i.png

ZSAyZH9.png

We finished the season well and ended up winning the league by 10 points and with the best attack and defence, the latter being the most pleasing.

Facilities

LpMYqHp.png

It's been in the pipeline for a couple of years but it's finally happening! We're leaving the school leisure centre to our new home. It's not exactly huge at just over 4k, but it's all-seater and we'll be in there in just a year. I can't wait.

j5lzyyB.png

We're still not in a position for any more facility upgrades, but it'll be great to be in the new stadium and our youth setup is coming along nicely.

Finances

nYMreHS.png

We're in debt and I'm not sure how quickly we can get out of it.

Transfers

iD0pIM0.png

There went the core of our team for the last 5/6 years and it's rather telling that not a single player moved to a club above the 4th tier, some even in the 5th tier. Nyman is a big loss.

Players

eQT5PTD.png

Great performances across the squad. Lagerberg smashed his previous Superettan goalscoring record of 24 goals, while Junus, the last remaining original, had his best season yet with an average rating of 7.62. Olofsson has been outstanding even though he spent most of the season playing out of position at ML. The disciplinary record of our DMs in our 4-4-2 has been poor, though this is something that is always a struggle.

Awards

09tCuga.png

PN9sOw4.png

2024 Mid-season Update

Svenska Cupen

6ac2d15a4a177cd790e19cd13678f176.png

We had a good run in the cup. We topped our group ahead of Malmo on goal difference and went on to face Norrkoping. It was an enthralling game which resulted in a late extra time winner. We couldn't beat Helsingborgs in the semi-final though and they ended up runners up to AIK.

Allsvenskan

43dfdad3e6671c297f589c479c3f692f.png

811b62905a905f7ec37e3b16a762b468.png

We've started the season very well and if we can continue to perform in this way there's no way we'll be relegation candidates again. An extended break for Euro 2024 means that only 12 games have been played, 18 to go.

Youth Intake 2024

lB16AAr.png

cUCsJOa.png

A decent intake - 2 players I'm very happy with; Tinnerholm and Franzen. Both straight into the first team squad. Rahimic has great potential too.

delhgMH.png

SKmnJI0.png

pgjDwsk.png

GwhNEUQ.png

F4lQRSA.png

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for the lack of progress with this - not had chance to play for a couple of weeks.

@nextqprmanager - I judge by the coach reports combined with personality and attribute profile - if a player looks better than his stars then i often invest in the hope that the stars are wrong.

@MADA - I would hold personality ahead of JPA/JPP for the HOYD.

smp20, Just got my first `real` Youth Intake - a few who look better than the 1st year which I think I clicked sign all, 2 I think I gave better contracts to, we`ll see.

But my Q is that when the HoYD says `Vaughan is potentially best player in club` & `Wuuggtt? & Heller are in my mould, I like to think I had an influence` etc..

I looked these up obviously & one has low self belief the other unambitious.

Should I get rid of my HoYD? or doesn`t this matter ?

Thx

How on earth have you finished this challenge twice already, and are on the top flight of Sweden already too. I know the tactic is extremely strong but this is absolutely mental stuff. :eek:

I think Austria was even more impressive than Spain due to the fact the league is so much weaker, and Spanish players tend to be so much stronger technically. Completing a youth challenge in less than 10 seasons in Austria is flat out insane. Looks like Sweden's being a little tougher but this is still super quick progress for any normal standards.

On 3/3/2017 at 08:41, nextqprmanager said:

smp20, Just got my first `real` Youth Intake - a few who look better than the 1st year which I think I clicked sign all, 2 I think I gave better contracts to, we`ll see.

But my Q is that when the HoYD says `Vaughan is potentially best player in club` & `Wuuggtt? & Heller are in my mould, I like to think I had an influence` etc..

I looked these up obviously & one has low self belief the other unambitious.

Should I get rid of my HoYD? or doesn`t this matter ?

Thx

Good to see that you're starting to bring some promising players through. If your HOYD has a good personality I wouldn't worry about it too much. Though I'd be looking to tutor those two youngsters ASAP.

On 3/3/2017 at 12:36, noikeee said:

How on earth have you finished this challenge twice already, and are on the top flight of Sweden already too. I know the tactic is extremely strong but this is absolutely mental stuff. :eek:

I think Austria was even more impressive than Spain due to the fact the league is so much weaker, and Spanish players tend to be so much stronger technically. Completing a youth challenge in less than 10 seasons in Austria is flat out insane. Looks like Sweden's being a little tougher but this is still super quick progress for any normal standards.

Cheers @noikeee :thup:

This challenge is on hold for a little while because I'm having a bit of fun with a Cambridge save after the new patch. No doubt I will return soon!

1 hour ago, smp20 said:

Good to see that you're starting to bring some promising players through. If your HOYD has a good personality I wouldn't worry about it too much. Though I'd be looking to tutor those two youngsters ASAP.

My HoYD is `Fairly professional`. If I keep these players I will get them tutored. I plan a major Staff overhaul if I survive the PL, mainly U18 & U23 - all out of contract. I plan to get Model professionals & professional`.

BTW what has the patch meant to you?

thx

• 4 weeks later...

1e901657c9153e4d6af6dd0cc4739c46.png

A good return to the top-flight, relegation was never going to be an issue!

Allsvenskan

c91c426acd5bae839d5d8e3f1e6dbdf8.png

d24c3357fc224fb219da4ec10860c22b.png

We finished in 4th place, which depending on the cup could mean that we get Europa League. We only finished 8 points off top spot, which is very promising. We had the best attack in the league by some distance, however we had the 2nd worst defence in the league, with last position being the only club that conceded more than us.

Facilities

ab0b706ea3fc22d0f4bc3b280bcfd263.png

It's been delayed a bit, but we're edging closer to that new stadium :D

Finances

b1b1509ae0160822e5fe75a9838dec2a.png

We;re in debt, but it's not that bad. Our wage bill is minuscule, it's our 'exceptional' junior coaching that is costing us and we need it to bring through quality youngsters.

Best 11

48ba8c389cfab50b06b651b6a29d6221.png

8a5fdee88f89b590173190ec3fdbd227.png

Our young side impressed again, Olofsson and Lagerberg formed quite a partnership.

34 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

Glad to see this back, and with such a solid debut in the Allsvenskan, no less!

Thanks, we fared much better than last time when we got relegated. Got a tidy young squad now. I've opted for a change of tactic, more to follow.

2025 Mid-Season Update

Svenska Cupen

656ab6fc1619e0d394f8cd48fdb68e36.png

The new tactic with the side started with a bang, destroying our group including a 6-0 win over top division Ostersunds. This was followed by impressive victories in the QF and SF against decent sides. However, we fell at the last hurdle. We played well but didn't finish our chances off while Helsingborgs were clinical in securing their double.

Allsvenskan

253a454d3f4bc8bb0b684a803c49afca.png

bf397d56488e35a1984e87852cff3c39.png

An excellent start to the campaign, we're looking very good going forward and we're much better at the back.  We're chasing the big boys, our best result being a 7-1 thrashing of AIK. Lets hope we can keep it up!

Tactical Shift

2d7524acb325bfe19642f18d45c2f390.png

9d0d7eca5cec9c4d6e7ece7480d28ac1.png

a048ac44d120a5ad4a81471e99c472c2.png

Here's the new tactic, though it wasn't created just now, it's had a few seasons development on a Stoke save. It's a possession based tactic with a counter attacking twist. I will go into more detail on our system later, but it's beautiful to watch :)

Key Players

673943cc7083ccbc0f3556be562abae4.png

Olofsson is our best player. He's been prolific in both creating and scoring goals this season so far playing as the left-sided shadow striker.

e214ef01b9cc6ceffdd564439c1e0a11.png

Lagerberg is playing as our main creator in the attacking trio, though his pace is his main asset.

f62f4426eac1fa4a1cf1a3d042ec8540.png

Ohman completes the trio of attacking midfielders that are devastating the Allsvenskan.

6dd24fc9ecefeb61404daf5d59b3db51.png

Junus is still an incredible force for us in midfield.

5e73e16c4e3caa7d9e54110106d6fc1a.png

Samuelsson is moulding into a good complete wing-back, one of the key positions in this tactic.

14 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

Doh...I'd forgotten. Looking forward to seeing the tactical shift.

I'm not surprised it was weeks ago :p. I think you'll like the tactical shift.

Youth Intake 2025

27368794166ecf514288a10cf307c566.png

4f0be3b8d810d82f9cc418413f7d8994.png

One good prospect, but overall I'm a little disappointed with this intake.

c85676f0f968d060d8dbb7380da18056.png

Erlandsson is a welcome addition to our forward line, or should I say attacking midfield...he's two footed, has a bit of pace, can dribble and finish. Not much of a team player though.

63d1ea23fe3f8cf973f096d40f7cfefc.png

Hellman gets a tag because he could be re-trained as a left wing back and we're lacking there. Best of the rest.

Europa League

ca8e825ddfa68434d4dd46e9c89fd5d2.png

An excellent qualifying campaign. I expected us to do well against Flora and Odd, but i was pleasantly surprised in the latter qualifying stages. We thumped Maritimo at home giving us the upper hand while 2 goal victories home and away against a superior Besiktas side took us to the group stages.

6353fc73310809739174bf1614f12dad.png

This will be tough!

After much deliberation I've decided that I'm not going to be continuing with Linkoping, I just can't seem to really enjoy it, even with relative success. I'm going to be delving into a new career in a nation/region/continent I've never managed in before.

12 hours ago, smp20 said:

After much deliberation I've decided that I'm not going to be continuing with Linkoping, I just can't seem to really enjoy it, even with relative success. I'm going to be delving into a new career in a nation/region/continent I've never managed in before.

giphy.gif

Archived