FM17 Greenland League and National Team

This file is a continuation of of my FM16 Greenland database database and contains the Greenlandic national team which replaces Kazakhstan in UEFA who have returned to their rightful home of the AFC. I have edited over Kiribati to create the Greenland national team, this way regens are generated as well as the national team manager picking a squad of players for internationals, both which are otherwise lacking when overwriting an extinct nation.  A logo pack and national team kits are also included.

All players have automatic Danish second nationality. 

The Greenland national team have moved into a brand new (fake) domed national stadium. This was created due to the real stadia within Greenland being far from capable of holding international football.

So far the file includes:

The Coca-Cola GM - The top level of domestic competition in Greenland, 30 teams are drawn into regional groups of 6 (North, Central, Disco Bay, East and South) with the top 2 from each regional group progressing to the national group stage. The national group stage is split into 2 groups of 5 teams, with the top 2 from each group progressing into the champions play-off a straight knockout to crown the champions of Greenland!

Though the format represents real life, I have allowed myself some creative freedom, mainly having 6 teams in each regional group which actually differs year to year and usually contains a maximum of 5 or in East Greenlands case 2 or 3! However due to editor capabilities and wanting to have every region of Greenland represented equally I have decided to include 6 teams from each region. Secondly in real life only 8 teams progress into the national group stage, however I felt having 10 split into groups of 5 would allow for more games and a better experience.

The league is played between Late June and the middle of August when weather permits outdoor football.

Winner qualifies for Champions League first qualifying round with the beaten finalist and semi finalists qualifying for the Europa League first qualifying round.

The Greenland Indoor Football Championship - The Greenland indoor football championship is played within 5 regional sub divisions (North, Central, Disco Bay, East and South), with between 6 to 8 teams competing in the 5 divisions. At the end of the sub divisions the regional champions are crowned and progress, along with the three best runners up, into the Greenland Indoor Football Championship a straight knockout to crown Greenland's best indoor football team.

The season is played between March and May when conditions are still too harsh to play outside.

In game the league will be represented by domes stadiums with old style hard synthetic pitches and still will be played 11 a-side. This is purely down to editor limitations rather than an oversight.

Know Issues:

• Greenland do not enter World Cup 2018 qualifying, I think this is because WC 2018 qualifying groups are hardcoded, however this rectifies itself for the Euro 2020 qualifiers and foreseeable tournaments.
  • Population is almost double that of Greenland's in real life; again this is due to overwriting Kiribati and unfortunately cannot be edited.
  • The file cannot be verified, I would assume this is because of the leagues complexity, however the file runs perfectly with no crashes, tested over several seasons.

To Do: 

• Add more Greenlandic footballers, therefore, more authentic Greenlandic names to go alongside the Danish sounding names; thus far the file mainly contains only those playing within Denmark and the national team players. If I can find more data though I hope to expand this
  • Possibly add minor tournaments like the Nuuk mini league if I can get it to work, which so far has proved difficult. 
  • A stadium pack will be uploaded alongside the next release, this is because the stadium ID's have changed since FM16 and I need to redo the XML.
  • Add more weather to represent the vastness of Greenland and varying climates.
  • Kit pack for club teams

Greenland Database

I like it a lot and will download it, I assume there was really no way to have Greenland join UEFA without kicking off another nation? Kazakhstan might not be a powerhouse but it's not a minor change imho. I would've sacrified Gibraltar or something probably. Best thing would've been adding it, I guess, but not sure if possible

edit: also it would be nice if you could tell where each folder must be put, just to be sure...

Edited by Dax_

25 minutes ago, Dax_ said:

I like it a lot and will download it, I assume there was really no way to have Greenland join UEFA without kicking off another nation? Kazakhstan might not be a powerhouse but it's not a minor change imho. I would've sacrified Gibraltar or something probably. Best thing would've been adding it, I guess, but not sure if possible

edit: also it would be nice if you could tell where each folder must be put, just to be sure...

Nah I hate how it's always San Marino or Gibraltar or Andorra that gets sacrificed.. I'd prefer it if was the EX-USSR countries like KAZ or AZE that got cut :thup:

Sorted out the stadiums, so they will be included in the next release.

As for the Kazakhstan I feel they're the better candidates to move to AFC given that they are a central Asian nation and formerly played in AFC. I too like to keep the likes of San Marino and Gibraltar in UEFA, especially given there is no other continent suitable for them to join. Unfortunately keeping Kazakhstan in UEFA resulted in Montenegro being booted out of the Euro 2020 qualifiers for whatever strange reason! 

As for the file placements Dax, just stick the database in the editor data folder and the logos, kits etc within the graphics folder of your football manager directory! 

• 4 weeks later...

There's 30 teams in the outside competition which qualifies to continental football, but 30-40 in the indoor competition. Can the teams which are only in the indoor competition ever qualify to continental football? Also, is there any relegation from either competition and teams to promote to them?

• 1 month later...
On 26/02/2017 at 12:49, 6499red said:

Could I make a few changes to this file for my own use? i might upload a story of it, but will not upload the data file

Yep, no problem at all.

9 hours ago, terrorsquad said:

is they any web sites for any of the football clubs or facebook pages?

There are a few but most have very little info, I usually try and find Greenlandic newspaper sources which are written in Danish for my information. 

Should be releasing another version of this shortly, this time with all kits, stadium pics and with over 150 real players added to the database.

• 4 months later...
On 7/13/2017 at 07:57, Simonsplufz said:

Why is it no longer available? :/

Yeah, I was looking for a fun summer challenge and it's gone. The problem with Sendspace is if no one accesses a file for a period of time, they dump it. 

On 7/13/2017 at 13:57, Simonsplufz said:

Why is it no longer available? :/

On 7/18/2017 at 02:24, podunkboy said:

Yeah, I was looking for a fun summer challenge and it's gone. The problem with Sendspace is if no one accesses a file for a period of time, they dump it. 

On 7/18/2017 at 19:30, Conguito said:

Can you re-upload the file, please and thank you

*See below

Edited by Clintabn
update

Sorry about the previous file being removed, this is much later than planned and still incomplete but here is an updated version of the file alongside all graphics. More players, managers and team chairmen are added as well as media sources and some other features. As said the file is still incomplete but should be more comprehensive than the original release. Plan to release a full version at some point before the summer's end and carry it on for FM18. 

Oh and you can now start the game in 2017 rather than 2016 as with the previous release. 

https://www.sendspace.com/file/clxwd2

• 2 weeks later...

I have now discovered the challenges of playing on gravel, at Malamuk. Must not be too bad, I qualified for the Champions League first season, actually made it to the second play-in round. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...