[FM17] The Hart Chronicles - Volume II: Adam Hart is 'Yes Man'!

PaulHartman71

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

September

e90a1d4202b0183b32a9cb843ddaa029.png

A 2-1 win at Reading to see our 2nd string through in the League Cup. 

db1afad566aa770e217696a19b0e3400.png

I played a slightly weakened team at home to the Romanians and we still beat them 2-0. Happy days. 

b301c37c127124d913a17a07976da7c8.png

We've got a fairly decent group. I wasn't expecting too much of RB Salzburg, but tbf to them they just beat Monaco, so who knows. 

76810231ab571647902d4a36fcba1050.png

Some good wins against Wolves and Villa, but losses to Leicester and Arsenal. 

5a87ab3e3f12ff2cea5b0ae9cda13b7f.png

Hoping business will pick up soon

just want to say its take me over 3 days whilst at work to read through all this. incredible journey. 

How do you manage to play so much?

on average how many hours a day do you fit in? (let alone the time to write it all up).

brilliant read, well done!

1 hour ago, L-Wiz said:

just want to say its take me over 3 days whilst at work to read through all this. incredible journey. 

How do you manage to play so much?

on average how many hours a day do you fit in? (let alone the time to write it all up).

brilliant read, well done!

Thanks! 

Depends if I have work or what I end up doing on my days off. A lot of the time I'll work 4 days on, 3 days off, usually at least 1 of those days off I'll spend binge playing FM. I think I've averaged around 1 season in FM time per each week in real life time since I started this thread, I do have most of the games on Key highlights, but I also tend to holiday the dead rubber cup games in the lower leagues or the early cup games against lower league sides since being in charge of bigger clubs. I also sometimes holiday the last 4 or 5 league games if there's nothing to play for in them. I've only had 2 or 3 seasons where I was a bit disinterested and holidayed most of the games, think the last time I did that was my first full season at Gillingham. The average write up for each month/end of season normally takes a few minutes, it's only really the write ups to the big matches that take a bit of time but I like doing it as it adds a bit of drama/story to the thread. The real silver lining when I get suckered by a late goal in a 3-2 or have an Arsenal style failed comeback is "damn, this will make for a pretty dramatic write up" :D  

October

16863a3487f4758f1dc58413db92fb7b.png

A 1-0 win against relegation threatened Newcastle saw us through again in the League Cup. 

182e12b5c35aa53f27058f05d629fb0e.png

I wasn't too sure what to expect from our trip to Austria, it was a fairly tight game for a while until Yianni's opener, Verdier then came off the bench in the 75th minute and ended up with a 13 minute hat-trick :D A capitulation of epic proportions. Monaco away was always going to be the hardest game of the group and despite their early failings, they upped their game for us and came from behind to beat us 3-1. 

524ad875c757f9f17d01a7a1942512cf.png

We top the group on goal difference. I think we should qualify as despite them having beaten the other, I really don't think RB Salzburg are that good. We could lose the other Monaco game I think, but we'll surely beat Dinamo Bucharest again and I fancy us against the Austrians at home. 

f4ab90e93701a775900a7ee071d115a6.png

A fantastic month with 3 wins from 3 in the Premier League. The first two were good victories in games we probably should have won, but the latter was a fantastic win in a difficult game against Liverpool. I was really impressed by our performance against them. 

62c9f0e3ce702ffb8f70613447cbafe7.png

19 hours ago, PaulHartman71 said:

Thanks! 

Depends if I have work or what I end up doing on my days off. A lot of the time I'll work 4 days on, 3 days off, usually at least 1 of those days off I'll spend binge playing FM. I think I've averaged around 1 season in FM time per each week in real life time since I started this thread, I do have most of the games on Key highlights, but I also tend to holiday the dead rubber cup games in the lower leagues or the early cup games against lower league sides since being in charge of bigger clubs. I also sometimes holiday the last 4 or 5 league games if there's nothing to play for in them. I've only had 2 or 3 seasons where I was a bit disinterested and holidayed most of the games, think the last time I did that was my first full season at Gillingham. The average write up for each month/end of season normally takes a few minutes, it's only really the write ups to the big matches that take a bit of time but I like doing it as it adds a bit of drama/story to the thread. The real silver lining when I get suckered by a late goal in a 3-2 or have an Arsenal style failed comeback is "damn, this will make for a pretty dramatic write up" :D  

i hear ya! an epic journey and great read. cant believe you will abandon when FM 18 comes out.

for what its worth im still on FM13 save, in something like 2042 so only circa 30 seasons its taken me to play in 4 years of real life lol.

Just wish i had the time to squeeze more in.

KUTGW

November

a7c02e6a5783e1052189184571c19269.png

A decent draw with Monaco in our home match against them. 

1e1d1454905acfb9d93e9c02dc8caab4.png

I played a full strength team in Romania and we absolutely levelled them :D  7-1 ffs hahaha. 

778d1e50f511f14c9025fdd3f2d8bd42.png

We go into the last game with RB Salzburg with a point being enough, but if we lose then we're out if Monaco beat Dinamo Bucharest which they should do really. 

df8a17c7d6d89aec0e75c2c95770d35c.png

A very poor loss at Sunderland, but other than that, two positive results against QPR and Norwich. 

9c6221895ade873cddd4699d36b580f6.png

December

044a4bab0a1109a1c6bd338d4b5d688e.png

I ballsed up when playing forward a bit so didn't get a printscreen of the table in December. But we smashed RB Salzburg to go through in the Europa League, we will play Schalke in the next round which will be a real test for us. We sadly lost to Liverpool in the League Cup Quarter Final, we went 3-0 down so to take it back to 3-1 just before half-time, then get an early goal in the second half, I thought we could Istanbul Liverpool, but they were too strong for us even though we did grab a 3rd. 

We won 3 and lost 3 in the league, hugely impressive wins away to Fulham and at home to Chelsea, but disappointing losses later in the month, with the one to Man City a bit of an embarrassment. 

A fair bit of action happened in the January transfer window, with a few big names going out and some potentially exciting South Americans coming in!

January Transfers

e9776f0813cf3c4140ed055de9321066.png

c333820116a3cea75786180f436b3cf5.png

£76M came in this month as back-up RB Elias left for QPR in the most low key departure, with Lucio and Ethan Verdier both being tempted by big name Champions League sides. Lucio was kicking off big time and I thought a £19M profit on him after 18 months was fairly decent business. Verdier had a £33M release for Champions League clubs and he wouldn't sign a new deal without it being in there, so perhaps inevitable to lose him, but we made about a £25M profit on him. 

bb18fb21c362fb6132c1633d89198133.png

3 of our 5 signings in January were Brazilians. They could well be the core spine of our team for the indefinite future. Moalisson Brener joins to be a new starting left winger, as the Turkish lad I signed in the summer hasn't impressed much. Brener has crazy attributes for a player signed for £7M and he could well get better, I was very happy to get a work permit for him. Romulo is another guy with a 2nd nationality, him being a bit Portuguese meant we could get him at just 19 for £11M from Fluminese. He spent last season on loan at Watford so he can speak some English too which is always good, he's not quite at the level to be a starter for us regularly, but with training and guidance he will hopefully get there. Ross Hayes joins to replace Elias as a back-up/rotation RB, he counts as HG which is always a bonus. David Pickering is a defender I've had my eyes on for a while and I nearly signed him instead of Girard in the summer, so when Lucio left he was the natural guy to go for, he counts as HG too which is a bonus too, maybe not as good as Lucio yet, but he could maybe get there. Silvio Luiz is the final player that joined us, the 21 year old Brazilian striker joins for £20M, which is big money for a player from Brazil, but he looks a real talent and if he is as good as he looks we may not rue having to sell Verdier for very long. 

Edited by PaulHartman71

January

15ceebebba45f042e69f13f28422c2eb.png

Our 2nd string did enough to beat Southend away from home in the 3rd round. 

a7b752ea4f61e03161fc465e776c4366.png

Unfortunately they didn't quite have enough for Blackburn, so we will have to go there again at some point next month. 

74684506b168c6459bfb3e27927eaf1f.png

A bloody good month. The 6-3 win against Spurs was incredible, we were 4-1 up at half-time ffs :D They came back a bit in the 2nd half but we had enough. We went 1-0 up and then 2-1 down at United, but then fought back to hold onto a point which was good, then we won our next 3 games against Southampton, Wolves and Leicester which was really great. Verdier scored a last minute winner in what turned out to be his last ever appearance for the club, so it was hard to say goodbye to him, but Silvio Luiz got a goal in his debut in his next match, so happy days. 

b98e2368d16f4738fe08272fb1939784.png

With 14 games to go we're somewhat incredibly up to 4th with 3 points between us and Chelsea! I'm not sure if we are strong enough to hold onto Top 4 especially since we still have Chelsea, United and City all to play, but we'll give it a good go. 

Haythem Riahi, our starting creative midfielder, has torn his hamstring which will put him out for several months, a blow, but it will give new boy Brazilian, Romulo, a real chance to show what he can do early on with a good run of games. 

The one pickle I did have was struggling to get all of the new players into the Europa League squad for the knockout rounds as you can only make 2 replacements. I got in Pickering and Silvio Luiz, but unfortunately Romulo and Moalisson Brener will have to miss out. Brener actually kicked off about it a bit but I explained to him that there wasn't room and he seemed alright about it thankfully. 

February

80e570cc32aac5deb55cc8d0b659de0d.png

A 3-1 win in our replay at Blackburn, which puts us into the 5th Round. 

3573bac94d41d80a21d1b31d50458353.png

e94da44c1f54b5b3bc37e778b64dd908.png

I was a bit nervous about playing a side like Schalke, but in the end they didn't really offer much at all over two legs. The away leg was very tight but we held on in there and got a late away goal from a corner which was really great, then in the home leg we kept it tight again and then dug into them into the 2nd half to put it beyond doubt.

We will play Roma in the next round which is probably one of the most difficult ties we could've got. Interesting times ahead. 

c4d6259fc11bbf938d8c3b40ca696a6e.png

We lost at Arsenal, but since then we've been in fine form, with 3 wins from 3 against Villa, West Brom and Reading. 

a025a0d9244eba2fa5bc351c23ff072b.png

With 10 games to go we're in 3rd place, if we win our game in hand we're in a really strong and interesting position going into the last 9 games. It would be amazing if we could hold onto Top 4 or do any better than that. 

March

704663961458591f81d37ffa440ba492.png

The month started with some bad news as Kilday put himself out for 3-4 weeks in a game with Liverpool. This gave new boy Brazilian Silvio Luiz the chance to lead the line, with Yianni getting the go ahead in first team games. 

933e2aad57fc9c28d893e65cf1375d05.png

We beat bottom placed Reading to get through in the FA Cup. I'm not sure who we're paying off to get these good draws, but we've got another decent tie in the next round as we play 15th place Norwich at home. 

49e441b37eb20acb882e111cd10c157a.png

Well this was pretty crazy. I expected a really tough game against Roma, but they sort of folded a bit five minutes before half time, as Yianni went through to give us a surprise lead, then just before half-time we went through again and Yianni set Luiz up to double the lead. I expected a fight-back from Roma in the 2nd half, but with 10 minutes of it Silvio Luiz had another, then just minutes later we won a penalty and he had his hat-trick. Incredible stuff. 

f236aabb2a66fbc8e41a7cb823b4f638.png

I set up really defensively in the return tie as I was really worried there would be some crazy shenanigans and Roma would win 5-0 or something, but they never really had a sniff and we kept them out. The icing on the cake was Xavier Girard heading home from a late corner to give us a win on the night and a 5-0 win on aggregate. We've got PSV in the Quarter Final, which to be fair, on paper certainly seems like a winnable game. 

f96e1709f4505635b346a9d800dc3a0d.png

The Liverpool game was one of, if not our best league performance of the season. We went 1-0 down really early on and I thought that was our good form gone, but the Brazilians had other ideas. Moalisson Brener scored an absolutely stunning goal to pull it level, then late in the 2nd half, Romulo scored a fantastic free-kick to give us the lead. Silvio Luiz grabbed a late goal to cap off a wonderful come back. From there on, we weren't up to the high standards of recent times, as we went 2-0 up at Sunderland, look comfortable but then blew it. We couldn't get a goal at QPR and we lost both Dale Lewis and Clement Claude for 3 weeks to a twisted ankle and a dislocated jaw. Norwich gave us a real game too and despite Kilday scoring a brace on his return, we came away with 3 points once again. 

3072e44dbbf8ed50fc6bc1a707179e3d.png

With 6 games to go we're still well in the conversation for a top 4 place, with Liverpool 3 points and goal difference behind us, but we do still have Chelsea, United, City and West Ham all to play in those 4 games, plus the FA Cup and Europa League games too. 

IMO that youth guy looks nothing special, not the best personality, fairly low determination and only 8 finishing for a striker.

Great league position, really hope you can make the CL, its v interesting to see the league so open, to have lost 10 games and be 3rd is good going.  On equal note Arsenal to be top with only 21 wins from 32 is interesting, in my current save you need almost 100 points to challenge Man Utd to the title, if I suffer more than 4 defeats in a season it's unlikely I would beat them to the top spot - this does seem more a case of just how strong Utd are though in that save. (but its been that way for 6+ seasons). 

5 minutes ago, mrdanbartlett said:

IMO that youth guy looks nothing special, not the best personality, fairly low determination and only 8 finishing for a striker.

Personality on a 16 year old isn't a huge deal provided you've got decent tutors in the side--plenty of chances to change that up.

On the other hand, the technique and flair attributes are great, first touch and work rate are very good, and that bravery is phenomenal.  Newgens have a bravery problem I find, and it's a hard attribute to improve.  I think you could make a great creative striker out of that kid, though he definitely needs more composure (yeah the finishing isn't great but scoring's more about the movement and intelligence to get in shooting positions than it is about technical shooting ability--conversion rate differences are very small).

April

63e5d26acd0a46eaaf29550dca251c6c.png

A brace from the Brazilians got us the goals to put us safely into the FA Cup Semi Final, where we got yet another good draw, with Championship side Doncaster Rovers. 

fa3954067888528148d8323119a03c54.png

It took extra-time to break the deadlock, but Silvio Luiz came off the bench to give us a winner and a place in the final. We will defend the FA Cup against Chelsea in the final. 

6d0489e85f36ecc828f1aacb621f862d.png

PSV didn't give us too many problems in the home leg of our Europa League tie, in-fact we were 3-0 up within 24 minutes. They did get a goal back late on though to give themselves a fighting chance in Eindhoven. 

2317f3481d531b0fae64830402f28f53.png

But we scored early doors and then got another one which put them out really. We held on to make it 5-2 on aggregate. We will face off against Rangers in the Semi Final. 

047b866e5401c3abf4e5dc464ffad6dc.png

2 good performances against lesser sides saw us win at Stoke and pick up 2 late goals at home to Fulham to secure a fantastic 3 points, after we'd been 1-0 down at half-time. Unfortunately despite taking the lead at Chelsea, we couldn't hold on and ended up losing 2-1. 

f646ca461144a4bd816ab5f44ff25bd9.png

With 3 games to go we're in 3rd and 4 points ahead of 5th place West Ham. Unfortunately for us, alongside an FA Cup final and Europa League Semis, our final 3 games are: 

Man United (H), Man City (A) & West Ham (H). 

4th place will more than likely be decided in our last match with West Ham, whether it be us, West Ham or Chelsea that get that final 4th spot. 

5631ba5c9b5c735d9f141bf425891b4d.png

A 0-0 draw at home to United. Not a particularly bad result by any means, but it was probably the easiest of our 3 remaining games so if we could have nicked a win that would've massively helped us out. Kilday did have a golden chance which he hit straight at our keeper, hopefully that won't cost us too much. 

9354c5c7825880c782ab0b046c27c048.png

If we lose at City in our next game, we could end up 6th going into the final game if results don't go our way. 

5c24ffb349c0db3ea58a1b5e85f17379.png

39,812 people pack Hillsborough tonight in what is a historic Europa League semi final for Sheffield Wednesday. Moalisson Brener and Romulo, both signed in January, miss out due to not getting registered for Europa League action, so Cagatay Karmil fills in at left midfield, whilst Haythem Riahi, recently back from injury, starts in the middle. Both of Wednesday's first choice CBs, David Pickering and Xavier Girard, weren't fit enough to start, so Luis Dupont and Desley Grot get the nod. Clement Claude, the left back, is also not yet 100 percent fit, so Leopold Behrenbeck is preferred instead. 

2nd minute: A throw in deep into the Rangers half for Behrenbeck, who's down the far left side very close to the corner flag. He throws it towards Kilday who's just outside the box, Kilday dummies a cross into the middle, but instead plays a low ball to just outside the centre of the box where Espinosa is waiting, he takes a touch and ohhhhhhhhh!!!!! The right back has buried that one right in the bottom right corner!!!!! And it's SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 1-0 (1-0) RANGERS, very early doors! 

40th minute: Cagatay has it on the left hand side of the pitch, he's just gone past the half-way line. He's still going, he's halfway into the half now and he's squared it across to Dale Lewis in the middle... Lewis finds Riahi ahead of him just outside the box, ohhh and what a pass towards KILDAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!! A wonderful pass from Riahi who cut through two defenders to find Kilday running through, who buried that into the top right corner first time! And it's SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 2-0 (2-0) RANGERS

46th minute: Not long left on the clock now, it'll surely be half-time soon. Rangers looking for a goal to get back into this, it's Hassler down the right wing, he's trying to hassle those defenders to get a cross in. He does finally get one in from the byline towards AMARILLAAAA...oh and he's hit the frame of the goal! The ball falls and GVAZAVA is first there! And he's smashed that home to get a big away goal for Rangers, who on the stroke of half-time have got themselves right back into the tie! SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 2-1 (2-1) RANGERS

72nd minute: Rangers have a free-kick in what is a very similar position to where Riahi almost scored from at the other side of the pitch. Angus Reid looks like he may well try it. It's Angus Reiddddddd.... UNSTOPPABLE!!!! What a free-kick that is!!! And just like that, Rangers have yet another away goal and they are level on the night! SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 2-2 RANGERS (2-2) 

80th minute: Riahi surging forward into the Rangers half. Wednesday aren't happy to have gone behind and I think they'd like to get back in-front. Riahi with a short pass to Dale Lewis, the Welshman passses ahead to Kilday who's about 30 yards out with his back to goal... Kilday turns and sees Brown down the right wing,  he's lobbed it over towards him and Brown receives it, runs into the box on the right side, cuts in and plays it across the floor of the box to KILDAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! He's buried that one into the bottom corner and Hillsbrough erupts, as the home side are back in-front! It's SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 3-2 (3-2) RANGERS

93rd minute: Rangers maybe with one last chance here. They're bringing the ball forward with numbers, but NO! The referee has blown his whistle and Sheffield Wednesday have done very well tonight! 

8cc86cc3a7c515f2f005cccb117d8562.png

d24cd478d486dd324a33b26f891e4fdd.png

Shout out to anyone following live who saw that balls-up and got some spoilers :D 

Edited by PaulHartman71

5e10a732fccc3baf7a5c82009b1697a9.png

An absolutely massive away win at Man City, as we got off to an absolute stormer at Hart Arena and they just never came back from it. I was really surprised because Arsenal dropped points in their Saturday game, so if Man City had won this they would've gone 1 point clear at the top of the table, instead they've probably missed out on the title now. 

ce6ff2038c7f795fd335fb6449450659.png

This is a big big 3 points for us too, as with Chelsea out of the picture now, all we need against West Ham is a point and we will get top 4. A win will secure us 3rd too. 

0 minutes: Silvio Luiz kicks off for Wednesday, his pass finding Kilday who knocks it back to Lewis. Lewis finds Claude on the left flank on the half-way line... Claude runs down a bit then hits a pass upto Silvio Luiz who is about 40 yards out, he turns to find Riahi behind him... Riahi passes to Kilday who has his back to goal about 25 yards out, he holds it up and Silvio Luiz is running through...can he find him... he does.... he takes a touch AND IT'S IN!!! There's only 16 seconds on the clock, but Silvio Luiz has already scored!!! Incredibly, it's RANGERS 0-1 (2-4) SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

7th minute: Brown with it on the right wing for Wednesday. He looks to lead the charge, but Kakha Gvazava intercepts and hammers the ball forward... it's gone completely behind the Wednesday defence, just outside the box and Gallagher could be in here!!! There's nobody near him, the keeper's stayed on his line and Gallagher cuts in and fires it into the bottom corner!!! The Gers are right back in this one!!! It's RANGERS 1-1 (3-4) SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

29th minute: Amarilla with the ball now. He's dribbling towards the Wednesday goal, he's got Ally Russel and Angus Reid ahead of him...he finds Reid and Reid will have a crack from just outside the boxxxxx. Brauer makes an important save to keep it 1-1 on the night and his side ahead on aggregate! 

45th minute: Not much time left on the board for this half. Espinosa with a throw in for Wednesday, maybe one last chance for them to do something here. Espinosa towards Brown ohhhhh and he cross-volleys it innto the box first time.... AND CLAUDE GETS HIS HEAD TO IT AND IT TOWERS INTO THE GOAL!!! Just before half-time, Sheffield Wednesday have scored a very important goal, as they now have the same amount of away goals as Rangers. It's RANGERS 1-2 (3-5) SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 

49th minute: Wednesday looking to start this half off well, they've got Dale Lewis who's starting a run from his own half... he's got Silvio Luiz starting a run, he's gone past 1 blue shirt and now finds himself on the left wing...ohhhhh and he's sent another one packing as he cuts inside and plays a lovely pass to the onrunning Lewis, Lewis into the box, cuts back and finds RIAHIIIIIIIII!!!!! He slots that home into the right hand side of the net and that's surely game set match! RANGERS 1-3 (3-6) SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

52nd minute: A corner kick for Rangers in a dangerous position. They could do with getting a goal back soon. Luis Trindade to try something here... Hassler in the box, hassling the Wednesday defence...Trindade puts it in... and GALLAGHER IS THERE...ohhhh but Brauer denies him! Big save from the German!

77th minute: Riahi hits the ball foward towards Yianni the substitute, he loses out to Aliker in the aerial dual and the ball falls to Gallagher on the halfway line. A nice long ball and the ball is on it's way to Amarilla... Gallagher is sprinting down the line, he's dreaming dreams of Amarilla setting him up... and it  is Gallagher who he plays in, he takes a touch and shoots...the German gets a big hand to it, but he cannot keep it out! It's RANGERS 2-3 (4-6) SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY...and Rangers have just under 13 minutes or so, to find 3 goals!

86th minute: Time ticking down on the clock. Not long to go now and surely Wednesday have this in the bag. Espinosa taking his time with this throw in, which is in The Gers half. He finds Butler who takes a touch and passes to Lewis who is just outside the box in a central position, Lewis' shot hits a blue shirt and comes back out a bit but BANDAR ALI IS THERE....AND HE SCORES! The Saudi Arabian substitute has come on and put this game and this tie beyond any shadow of a doubt, it's Sheffield Wednesday who will be in the final. RANGERS 2-4 (4-7) SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 

93rd minute: It's all over! Sheffield Wednesday have qualified for their first ever Europa League final, with Adam Hart's men set to take on West Ham or Benfica, that game has gone to extra-time so we do not yet know who they will face. But they won't care, they will be too busy celebrating a fantastic and comprehensive victory against Rangers over two legs! 

5f053066b7172ca64372e0c9739f8650.png

e9c7d7b15182827775655e6b082cc9dd.png

Benfica ended up beating West Ham on penalties, so they'll be who we will face in Berlin.