[FM17] The Hart Chronicles - Volume II: Adam Hart is 'Yes Man'!

PaulHartman71

They hire some young upcoming Dutch guy instead /o\   

Boo for never giving English managers a chance. Merse is rolling in his grave. 

We now go live to Paul Merson in his grave. Paul?

"You know this is a good job as well, Arsenal are a good team, it’s a great stadium, some very good players you know and… what does he know about Arsenal? What does he know about the Premier League? What does he know?"

I am also joined by the ghost of Phil Thomson on this Soccer Saturday from beyond the grave. Phil?

"It is quite astonishing that they have plumped for someone like this. I totally agree, it is baffling when there are a lot of people out there who know about the Premier League, know what’s required to dig in. He’s not got a clue. He’s manna from heaven to be given this job on his CV. From League One, League Two, who wouldn't jump at the chance to come in there? Who know about the league, who know what’s required here. He doesn’t know what’s required here. That is the difference."

Than you Phil and Paul. 

Edited by Wavelberry

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

January

578070c751e2fc67b1c45ef8c0de3644.png

A few notable departures in January, with the most being Morgan Arnaud leaving for Atletico Madrid. He was a decent CB who was sort of first choice for us, but I never fancied him that much and we had better players than him coming through, so it made sense to cash in whilst his stock was high. Cagatay Karmil has been a rotation option for us ever since Moalisson Brener was sold, he was on high wages too, so when a good offer came in for him, he had to go. 

0541524f4ec6096c5baeed53ca74a66b.png

Ademir is a young Brazilian CB who joins us for just under £19M, he'll be our new 3rd choice option. 

55f1bf3c7ab8e459bd2d5d21b67032bf.png

Brighton gave us a hell of a game in the FA Cup, but we beat them 4-3 to go through in the end. 

18fdce703b09f9cbc938349a6c67897c.png

An easier game in the 4th round, with a Jordan Yianni brace seeing us past Tranmere Rovers. 

19b2da53145f1e0b60154e23d03d4424.png

Some difficult games this month, with 2 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses. 

545dcb2c8e45ceb4866166772af142df.png

20 points off of the title isn't where we want to be, but it doesn't look like anyone is going to get too near City this season. Our focus has to be the Champions League this season. 

February

4ceb4436e3985697f703c685c9d77e32.png

Goals from 2 of our Brazilian boys saw us past Bournemouth in the 5th Round of the FA Cup. We have an away tie to Leicester in the Quarter Final. 

1830d833f81d59b69c2c0dcf6f88b953.png

A decent start in our first leg of the 1st Knockout Round against Inter Milan. We have to be wary of the away goal they scored though. 

7a3c01849f4381ce3854d7a7cf04b255.png

We won all 3 of our league games this month, with convincing displays against Villa, Newcastle and saving the best to last... 

0abe579cd05b3e2890f73503d1acc2b7.png

This was probably the best 2nd half performance I've ever seen on any iteration of FM from one of my teams. We were dreadful in the first half, 2-0 down and created nothing, I'd pretty much written off even getting a point. I went absolutely nuts at them at half-time and what'd you know, it worked, within 3 minutes of the 2nd half we were 2-1 up, then we grabbed 3 more by the 69th minute. Chelsea did get a goal but it was against the run of play and they never really looked like coming back. 

6d25298f3635a130039214a66c594ce5.png

That was a big win in the chase for Top Four. Spurs are a point ahead of us but we have superior goal difference and a very decent last 10 games, as our only games against sides in the top half now are against Liverpool, Leicester and Sunderland. 

March

1fd817b4b98cfec80d6c76817efbfe2e.png

A good run of 3 wins from 3 in the league, before a 3-0 loss at Liverpool. 

17bbec522e46e26f9ce7b16519806939.png

We're in 4th now but Spurs are going to take it to the wire I think. 

12c201408d05970de5589c1c5f55ad26.png

It took extra-time for us to get past Leicester, but we will be in the FA Cup Semi Final and have been drawn against Man City at Wembley. 

38bb9460c6ff8add4013dc7f74804cb5.png

A 1-1 draw in Milan sees us through to the Quarter Final of the Champions League. The draw for it is very very tasty: 

cd8d382210711b9a90f864398f4581a6.png

A North London Derby. The Manchester Derby. Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid. And then we've got Lyon :D I hope I haven't jinxed it but when I saw the draw I was praying for them and was loving it watching the other teams get drawn. It will still be a tough set of games but that's surely got to be the best draw we could have had, except for maybe Spurs I guess. 

Yeah this will 99 percent probably be the last season. Would maybe have done another full season if I’d got the Arsenal job, but feels good to end it at the end of this one I think. 

I’ve got a detailed plan on how this will end story-wise and how I’ll bridge it to the FM18 save with Matt. I don’t think anyone will see what happens coming though :D 

April, Part 1

f9e6509cb20f3f273f48edd8f5d9c1e0.png

A decent month in the league, although it was a shame we couldn't make it 3 wins from 3, Southampton were up for it and wouldn't let us take all 3 points though. 

74a7e1a3abfffd4eecfc88435fc4a167.png

4th is by no means ours just yet, but I'm hoping we have what it takes to get it over Spurs. 

6f259273e6256e3dc9b96c32cb413280.png

Our first leg CL Quarter Final got off to a terrible start, as Lyon took an early lead, but a 2nd half Sandro strike got us an away goal and a 1-1 draw to take back to Sheffield...

ba4dcd02343a3e5cc352b1af58d39350.png

It was our turn to get an early goal on that night and Jean-Claude Ambassa's early 2nd half strike put Lyon to bed... and us into another Champions League Semi Final. 

1d32339b7422cfc592524231d85b53e2.png

Spurs pulled off something of a shock as they won 3-0 at Arsenal in the first leg, Arsenal gave it their all in the return leg, but could only win 2-0, which put their arch rivals into the Semis instead. Man City had absolutely no trouble dispatching their local neighbours, whilst Real Madrid absolutely trounced what seemed to be a very good Bayern side from our group stage games. 

We've got Spurs, with Real Madrid taking on Man City. Spurs are a very good side running us close in the league, but I'd take them every time over either City or Real Madrid. 

We have got Man City in the FA Cup Semi Final though. We face them just 2 days before our first leg away Champions League Semi Final match with Spurs, so I've got no choice but to put out the 2nd string and probably get beat 3/4-0. It's the FA's fault. The scumbags. 

b02791f06799abba3c36922f49b67475.png

I lined up pretty much an entirely 2nd string side for the FA Cup Semi with City at Wembley. Brauer the keeper didn't particularly need a rest so he started, as did Dale Lewis who is the only player young enough and fit enough to comfortably start a game on Sunday and Tuesday. Kilday also starts as he's coming back from an injury and not at the sort of match fitness I'd want him to start a Champions League Semi anyway, plus he's not been that great this season due to a fair few injuries, so I'd probably give Ambassa the nod at the moment anyway. 

61272f0a5262928285906e59fafefb01.png

We got beat 3-0 without putting up too much of a fight. It could've been 4 or 5 tbh. A shame for the fans that traveled, but farcical from the FA especially since City's CL game isn't until Wednesday so they get an extra day. 

Edited by PaulHartman71

14th minute: A throw in for Spurs in the Wednesday half. Boulet out to Charles on the edge of the box... oh but Brown tackles him and clears it up to Ambassa... Ambassa's header on to Sandro... surely they can't break here, Sandro in his own half, 6 white shirts ahead of him... no and Sall takes it off him on the half-wayline, it's Sall now running at a load of blue shirts, he dodges one, glides past another, it's SALL.... oh and his shot from just outside the box is easily save by Brauer!

25th minute: Doumbia-Traore with a throw in for Wednesday. He finds Leigh Brown, Brown plays it short to Osagie, Osagie out wide to Doumbia-Traore on the overlap... a nice ball to Ambassa who is just outside the Spurs box... he runs towards the byline and puts it in the middle...AND SANDRO HITS IT HOME FROM CLOSE RANGE!!!! A massive goal for the away team and their fans are going nuts as they take the lead in this Champions League Semi Final! It's TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR 0-1 (0-1) SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

30th minute: Claude with a throw in for Wednesday on the left hand side. He finds Moalisson Brener... he's got Sandro in the middle outside the box... he plays it across to Ambassa... ohhh and he hits a lovely ball out wide to Leigh Brown who has acres of space... Brown pumps it into the box to SANDRO... Belov gets there first to head it away...BUT IT FALLS TO DALE LEWISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! The young Welshman absolutely smashes it home from just outside the box and Sheffield Wednesday have doubled their lead!!! It's TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR 0-2 (0-2) SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

41st minute: Stampe with a goal-kick for Spurs... he finds Sall in the Wednesday half who controls it and takes it down. Sall to Ross who drops deep a bit to collect it... ohhhh and he turns and hits an unbelievable through ball which cuts Wednesday right open, Boulet runs through at the goal from the left hand side... he plays it into the middle and BURGESS-DEVLIN FIRES IT HOME!!! Lovely lovely stuff from Spurs, as they get a big big goal just before half-time here. It's TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR 1-2 (1-2) SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

42nd minute: That goal looks like it was a bit of a shock to the system for Sheffield. As they kick off they look a bit annoyed to have conceded that just before half-time, they would've liked to have gone in with a 2 goal advantage for sure. Moalisson Brener with it now on the left hand side by the half-way line, he's gonna have a run at Spurs here and oh he's got past 1, someone could do with putting a tackle in! They've gone to sleep! Brener just outside the box, a cute pass to SANDROOOO!!! OHHHHHH!!!!! And almost straight from kick off, Sheffield Wednesday have a goal right back! Moalisson Brener strolled through their defence like they thought it was already half-time, and Sheffield will indeed go in at half-time with that 2 goal advantage after all! It's TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR 1-3 (1-3) SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

62nd minute: Amoudou Sall causing some problems for the Wednesday defence, he's got Ebertz out on the right hand side who he finds... he dribbles for a bit then cuts inside and finds Ross just outside the box... ohhhh and a nice ball cut into the area for BOULETTTTTT!!! Spurs have one back as the Frenchman fires home from close range! It's TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR 2-3 (2-3) SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

70th minute: A free-kick for Sheffield Wednesday about 30 yards out. Two Brazilians standing over this one. Romulo the substitute is a very capable from this range, but top scorer and new signing, Sandro, has scored quite a few himself this season. It will be Sandrooooo.... ohhh and that's really not that far away! So close to a hat-trick for him!

75th minute: Burgess-Devlin looking to kick-start a counter attack for Spurs... he hits it upfield to Ross who will dribble at a few blue shirts here, he's got Boulet out on the left... it's Boulet running into space, he fires it into the middle OHHH AND BOBBY ROSS WHO'S FIRED IT HOME!!! THE SPURS FANS ARE GOING NUTS!!! They've come from 3-1 down to peg it back to 3-3 with 15 minutes to go, disaster for Sheffield Wednesday! TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR 3-3 (3-3) SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

91st minute: Not long left on the clock here. It's looking like it will be even stevens tonight, Wednesday will be disappointed to have lost their lead, but 3 away goals in the Champions League is still not bad. Winkler with a throw in for Spurs, maybe one last chance for a dramatic late winner... it's into the middle but Brown on the post heads it away and that should be the end of that... Sall collects it though and he passes it across to CHARLESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OHHHHH MY WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE'S HIT AN ABSOLUTE PILE-DRIVER FROM 30 YARDS AND THE LANE MAY WELL HAVE HAD IT'S ROOF BLOWN STRAIGHT OFF!!! Incredible scenes here, as late on it's TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR 4-3 (4-3) SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

94th minute: It's all over and what a game we've had here tonight. Sheffield Wednesday were 3-1 up at half-time, you'd have fancied them to have added 1 or 2 more, but instead they've shipped 3 goals and lost on the night! A real blow to Adam Hart's dream of winning the Champions League, but they do have 3 away goals to take back to Sheffield...

63f4ac0e44feb15731162b799c23d829.png

2eb54b1f2f71cf2147413eeb5ce5fc58.png

23rd minute: Lewis with the ball in the Spurs half. Wednesday could do with a good start, oh and Sall intercepts and wrestles the ball off of him... Sall sprinting with it, looking to start a counter attack surge for Spurs... ohhhhh and Sall has gone through 2 blue shirts there he's like a runaway train that can't be stopped... he's staring down at goal and AMADOU SALLLL.... a fantastic run, but a terrible finish in the end. Well wide of Bauer's goal. 

27th minute: Burgess-Devlin with a free kick for Spurs. He might have a crack here. Oh no he's played it short to Sall... that's caught Wednesday off guard, Sall into the area to Charles, Charles to WILKINSONNNN....OHHHHH AND HE'S HIT THE POST!!! He was more or less on the penalty spot, he hit it and I don't know if Brauer got a touch to that or not but it's hit the post and gone out for a goal kick! 

30th minute: Moalisson Brener jogging down the left wing, maybe he could create something for Sheffield. He finds Lewis in a more central position, he passes to Osagie, ohhh and Osagie finds Brown on the right hand side... Brown's ball into the middle AND SANDROOO!!!!!!!! HILLSBOROUGH ERUPTS BECAUSE THE BRAZILIAN HAS PUT THEM AHEAD!!! A big goal in this tie, because as it stands they would be going through to the final! It's SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 1-0 (4-4) TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

46th minute: It's half-time at Hilsborough. Spurs have looked decent but it's Wednesday who lead on the night and on away goals over the two legs. A big big 45 minutes for both of these clubs coming up shortly. Spurs only need to avoid defeat on the night to progress, as just 1 goal will completely change everything. 

55th minute: Marlet dribbing down the left hand side for Spurs, he's causing some problems but the right bak Doumbia-Traore comes in and nicks it. A great tackle from the Spaniard! It's Doumbia-Traore, ohhh and Amadou Sall has clattered him there. He's stayed down. I think he might need some medical attention. A bit of a worry for Wednesday as the referee is signalling that he might need to be subbed here. A blow for Adam Hart to lose his first choice right back like this, he's clutching his calf there I reckon that's definitely some kind of muscle tear. Looks like Frank Prins the utility defensive midfielder and defender warming up to replace him. No booking for Sall though, which Adam Hart certainly isn't pleased with. 

68th minute: Sandro standing over a free kick for Wednesday. Romulo not on the pitch to have an argument with about taking it, so it looks like it will be Sandro to hit it....OHHH and that's so close! Very small margin between scoring and not scoring, he's not scored this time though. 

76th minute: Amadou Sall on the move for Spurs. He's been there best player today, he's bossed it in the middle even amongst good players like Osagie and Dale Lewis. Sall with a nice pass to Williamson across the pitch... he passes it to Burgess-Devlin who has his back to goal just outside the box... he turns and OHHHHH WHAT A HIT SON!!!!! OHHH THAT IS SPECIAL!!!! HE'S ABSOLUTELY SMASHED THAT INTO THE TOP RIGHT CORNER, BRAUER HAD NO CHANCE!!!! And the away fans are going absolutely nuts, because they know with 15 minutes to go, as it stands, they'll be going to the final! SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 1-1 (4-5) TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

85th minute: It's getting really desperate for Wednesday now. Brauer smashes the ball into the Spurs half, it's near the box but Belov clears it with a header, it falls to Sall who has run the show today, but Salls header falls to Moalisson Brener on the left wing. Not particularly someone you want the ball to fall to, Brener to Romulo the substitute, he finds Ambassa who has come deep to get it... Ambassa passes through and IT'S... IT'S FRANK PRINS!!!!!!!!!!!! OHHHHH!!!!!! I DON'T KNOW WHY OR HOW SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY'S SUBSTITUTE RIGHT BACK WAS THE MAN MAKING THAT RUN INTO THE BOX, BUT HE TOOK IT AND FINISHED IT FIRST TIME LIKE HE WAS ANDY KILDAY!!! He's only scored 1 goal all season, but that might just be the goal that takes Sheffield Wednesday and Adam Hart into their first ever Champions League final! Hillsborough is rocking! It's SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 2-1 (5-5) TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

93rd minute: Lukas Brauer delaying this goal kick as long as he can. The fans are almost on the pitch...they think it's all over...IT IS OVER!!!! SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY HAVE DONE IT! A 2-1 win on the night, with a decisive goal from Frank Prins of all people, sees The Owls in their first ever Champions League final! Incredible scenes here. Adam Hart and his coaching staff are on the pitch celebrating, the Tottenham players are devastated as the fans flood onto the turf to celebrate with their team!

fc55a483ac6fd16c4d375f24304314ac.png

52eec8de3bf4b9d368ca4a0cf211d907.png

May

92b4fd3fef52210b35cc70eaee2c8ee8.png

We lost 2 of our last 3 league games, including what will probably be my last ever Premier League game on this save. 

7f56af5fa5a22ef9d440e48fdf862466.png

We got Top 4 though which is the main thing, hopefully someone can takeover and take Wednesday forward in the Premier League over the next few years. 

25a49f6829d4ce38826a7b75e0fc425a.png

A big 2nd leg fightback at the Joe Hart Arena means that we will face our rivals of recent years Man City in the Champions League final. We play in Istanbul. 

Interesting that the table doesn't show Weds in blue, i.e you aren't the manager now.......so you must have played that Cl final.............COME ON DON'T KEEP US WAITING!!

This thread has been absolutely epic, massive thanks for doing it, been awesome checking in daily to see the progress, 

1st minute: We're just about to kick off on a historic night in Istanbul. 75,000 have made the trip over, with just under 37,000 of Sheffield's finest here to see their team in their first ever Champions League final. There's been rumors in the press that this will actually be Adam Hart's last ever game in management, some have suggested that this may have an impact on his team, but if you can't get motivate yourself to play with 110 percent in a Champions League final, well this is the wrong sport for you! It's Manchester City versus Sheffield Wednesday...and it's LIVE next!