[FM17] The Hart Chronicles - Volume II: Adam Hart is 'Yes Man'!

PaulHartman71

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 22/02/2017 at 22:35, PaulHartman71 said:

02643887ec3de654b007243f0c986ea9.png

When you're 2-1 up in the first half in a Playoff Final and your 2nd choice keeper, who came on as a substitute for your injured 1st choice keeper, sprains his wrist just 10 minutes after coming on...

I still never put a GK on the bench ever. I wonder if your GK only gets injured if you have a sub available? I'm in 2048 and have never seen a GK red injury during a match I don't think.

On 02/03/2017 at 21:58, Nobby_McDonald said:

Port Vale failing again. :D

Barnet played one season in the third tier in 1993-4 when it was known as the Second Division.

They had a team that would have honestly challenged near the top end of the table, but almost the whole squad were allowed to be released on free transfers due to financial irregularities at the club and non payment of just about everyone's wages. The club has never reached that level again and current day is probably the best we have been since then, (albeit currently decimated by injuries).

Our first leg Playoff match with Atletico Madrid will be at Hillsborough. 

282173d2b54042ee522922ab09f8d813.png

Clement Claude misses at left back due to a spained wrist, which means a start for the young Norwegian, Kjetil Korneliussen. Silvio Luiz will be out for another 4/5 weeks so he is replaced by Jordan Yianni. 

13th minute: A free-kick for Atletico Madrid on the edge of the Wednesday goal. It's actually Haythem Riahi, who only left them in the summer after a fall out about wage demands, who will take this one. He scored a few decent free-kicks for Wednesday, what a story it would be if he could put this in. It's Riahiiii....... but Brauer keeps it out!

29th minute: A throw in for Romaldini. He finds Yianni on the edge of the Atletico Madrid goal, Yianni holds it, turns and he plays a short ball to Kilday... a few red shirts to get past... but the young Norwegian is free...it's Korneliussen... oh but that's poor from him as the defender makes an easy interception on the stalling youngster...but wait a minute. The referee has blown for something, not really sure what... but...wait? He's given Wednesday a penalty!!! There were no appeals from any Wednesday players, even Korneliussen looks utterly baffled by the decision, but his captain Kilday gives him a pat on the back and says "well done son"... Atletico Madrid's players are furious, their manager don't look too happy either... but it's a penalty for Wednesday and the home fans are loving it... 

It is that man Andy Kilday who will step up to take it. He's not too bad from the spot...the keeper goes the right way, but he couldn't keep it out of the top left corner! The home side have the lead and it's SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 1-0 (1-0) ATLETICO MADRID

32nd minute: Atletico Madrid's players are still pretty unhappy about that penalty. One of them's given the referee what for, but he's got to get on with the game as Korneliussen who of course was fouled for the penalty, is dribbling down the left flank into their half. He hits a hopeful ball up to Kilday on the outskirts of the box, but Silva Baptista heads it away... only as far as Dale Lewis though who plays a wonderful first time ball out to Moalisson Brener on the left wing... short pass to KILDAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!!! OHHHH WHAT A STRIKE!!! He comes onto the ball and hits it first time with his right foot and he's absolutely thumped that home. The power on that was ridiculous!! And just like that, it's SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 2-0 (2-0) ATLETICO MADRID

42nd minute: Atletico hoping for half-time to come soon. Wednesday with a free-kick about 30 yards out to the right, it will be Kilday who will hit it into the middle, 6 blue shirts in the box to aim at... he hits it towards Girard who ends up on the floor AND THE REFEREE HAS BLOWN AGAIN!!!! He's given them another penalty!!! The Atletico players cannot believe it, but Wednesday have a chance to make it 3-0 just before half-time and it will be that man, Andy Kilday, who could have a first half Champions League hat-trick, in his debut Champions League match...

It's Kilday.....HE WENT THE SAME WAY AND THE KEEPER GOT IT RIGHT, BUT THE SHEER POWER ON THAT PENALTY SEES IT FLY IN! Incredible scenes here at Hillsborough, they were very nervous about being drawn up against Atletico Madrid and even the most hope Wednesday fan couldn't have possibly imagined that before we've even got to half-time...it is SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 3-0 (3-0) ATLETICO MADRID

62nd minute: Prins the substitute on the ball for Wednesday. He finds Brown on the right who is ready and waiting... he dribbles past one defender but gets lost in traffic, so he passes it back to Prins who's about 25 yards out... looks like he might HAVE A CRACKKKKKK!!! What a strike! The young Belgian has come off the bench and scored an absolute screamer to make it 4-0! Incredible! It's SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 4-0 (4-0) ATLETICO MADRID

93rd minute: It's all over! The referee has called this game to an end, a game which the Wednesday faithful would have wanted to carry on forever! A 4-0 first leg win against Spanish giants Atletico Madrid and surely they will progress to the Group Stage now. It would be a comeback of epic proportions for Atletico to do anything without even a single away goal tonight. 

94d5ebd923efe971c6bd310d3cc0000c.png

40fd3e3e98791deaa0697651b4f1bc6d.png

On 07/04/2017 at 15:26, PaulHartman71 said:

Oh wait hang on. I forgot that if you get knocked out of the 3rd Qualifying Round of the Champions League you end up in the Europa League Playoff. That's mental. The draw has just been made and we've only gone and got Borussia Mochengladbach ffs :D Unreal. Managed by Roberto Martinez as well. Should be an incredible couple of games. 

I;ve lost count of how many times that's got me too. :lol:

What do you mean we have another European game? :idiot:

Edited by Jimbokav1971

20th minute: Gancedo with a throw in for Atletico. Koray Sonmez finds the ball at his feel just outside the Wednesday box, he holds it up and finds Gancedo again out wide who nicks a cross into the middle... AND HALESSON IS THERE!!! Just as soon as the ball is in the net, he's wrestling it back out and sprinting to the half-way line, the crowd are urging them on, there's a long way back yet but Atletico have the early goal that they needed tonight! ATLETICO MADRID 1-0 (1-4) SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

39th minute: Atletico have got a free-kick. Korey Sonmez looks to play the ball into the pack of red and white shirts in the middle... Costanzo rises...and FINDS IT!!! Costanzo's header makes it 2-0 Atletico just before half-time and I think some of the fans in this stadium are starting to believe a comeback could be on!! ATLETICO MADRID 2-0 (2-4) SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

Edited by PaulHartman71

46th minute: It's half-time in Madrid and Atletico have staged a half decent comeback so far. It's still 4-2 to the English side on aggregate though and just 1 goal from Wednesday would surely ruin the party, but they haven't look much like scoring yet even with Kilday up-front. It will be a nervy start to the next 45 minutes for the travelling fans from Sheffield for sure!

48th minute: Atletico on the attack again. Riahi with it, he's dribbing into the Wednesday half, but ohhh what an interception from Dale Lewis, who picks his pocket and maybe he could start a counter for Wednesday here... Lewis still going here, he goes past another Atletico defender and looks for a through ball to Kilday who's in the box, he goes past one and KILDAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! The travelling Sheffield fans have been very very quiet for the last 10/15 minutes, but they're not anymore!!! Kilday scores for Wednesday and surely that's the tie and Atletico's comeback ended! It's ATLETICO MADRID 2-1 (2-5) SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

51st minute: Osagie with it now, Wednesday looking much more confident now they have that goal. Osagie to Lewis, he finds Kilday with his back to goal about 25 yards out, the Scotman holds it up and waits for Yianni to make a run in the box... perfectly timed and Yianniiii oooh what a finish! A difficult angle from just inside the box, but Yianni's strike is too strong for the Atletico keeper and if it wasn't over before, it surely is now! ATLETICO MADRID 2-2 (2-6) SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

68th minute: Atletico not completely given up just yet. Ortiz probing the Wednesday defence. He finds Halesson who is about 40 yards out here. He goes past Osagie like he isn't there, still two Wednesday players to beat, but Halesson gets past them with ease...into the area and ohhhhh a calm and collected finish as he taps it into the bottom left corner. ATLETICO MADRID 3-2 (3-6) SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY. A goal back for the home side, but they still need 4 more without reply if they want to go through tonight. 

76th minute: Halesson on a hat-trick. He's dribbling at the Wednesday back 4 again here, causing carnage as he weaves past 1, 2, Nigamba with a great tackle but it falls to Koray Sonmez who plays it first time to Costanzo in the area... and they've got another goal! The comeback isn't quite dead just yet for Atletico! It's ATLETICO MADRID 4-2 (4-6) SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY and with 15 minutes to go, they need to find 3 more goals.

80th minute: Costanzo on the attack for Atletico, they're piling forward looking for another one. Ohh but the young Icelandic lad, Korneliussen comes in hard and wrestles the ball off of him... he could start a break here and OHHHHH. Gancedo has absolutely clattered him. He's dived in on him with both feet off the ground, a real horror tackle and YES! The referee quite rightfully gives him a straight red! And with 10 minutes to go, with them needing 3 goals, Atletico have been reduced to just 10 men!

88th minute: Atletico with a free-kick about 25 yards from Brauer's goal. Koray Sonmez stands over it...OHHH AND HE'S SMASHED IT INTO THE TOP RIGHT CORNER! An absolutely incredible strike and the Atletico players are wrestling the ball back, as with just 90 seconds and injury time left to play, they need just 2 goals to make the Champions League Group Stages this season! ATLETICO MADRID 5-2 (5-6)  SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

93rd minute: Riahi bringing the ball forward for Atletico, they've not given up yet, they're looking for another goal BUT THEY WON'T GET IT! The referee brings to a close an unbelievable Champions League tie, but in the end, it's Sheffield Wednesday who have progressed and will be in the Champions League proper! 

841e8cb6594dc4f24824488b0434d8d5.png

0d69362260512ab2ea790164640c5615.png

August

e7acc385d062394c6cfc3a0aa56e2e70.png

The loss to Norwich was disappointing, but it's hard to be too annoyed with a month where we qualified for the Champions League and put 10 past Fulham and Everton :D Considering we're down Silvio Luiz you wouldn't notice it, with Yianni and Kilday banging in 6 each in our first 3 games :D 

c935645b3c22f639a870d8c2e63ac436.png

Also what you've all been waiting for... 

3989af6e7d6b83cd084e2c2e29f4b8db.png

Juventus have won the last 16 Serie A's so are very much the dominant side there, they seem to average around the Quarter Finals in the Champions League though. Bayern are the dominant side in Germany, but Dortmund regularly reach the Quarter Finals of the CL and even the odd Semi. Ajax are fairly dominant in Holland, but have only got past the Group Stage of the CL on 1 occasion in the last 10 seasons. 

September

1ec1411015d793f7c3b0c6379319801d.png

A 5-1 win thrashing of Fulham put us through in the League Cup. 

66f9078394dd9afae2d5be84c05749e1.png

A fantastic start in the Champions League as we got a win in Dortmund, with Kilday scoring the winning penalty. 

9acaf1296afbf524014084ae58196bc2.png

Ajax at home up next, hoping for another 3 points! 

f63c7b5b0b176dcc76375d3b608ef0d2.png

A great win against Man United, courtesy of a goal from Brener and Brown each. We put out the 2nd string against a really poor Bournemouth side and Sergio Stucki ended up scoring 4! Unfortunately we lost at home to Liverpool though. 

c2240161c686028d974d118ff16e642b.png

We had a very unfortunate injury as talented right winger, Leigh Brown, has done his achilles and will now be out of action for up to 6 months. A huge blow as he'll probably not be back to action until March or so. 

On 13/08/2017 at 21:31, PaulHartman71 said:

Adam Hart bemoaned the Arctic Monkeys as a bad luck charm after their music failed to inspire Wednesday to a Playoff win last season, so tonight the team come out to music from another one of Sheffield's famous sons: 

How do you type those words and then post something that isn't Deff Leppard? :herman:

October

7015d0847a5272ca1ff2d6d1d1f3b30d.png

Another win in the League Cup, this time at Hull. 

45e488c957b0066e4742c3b3cc5b0354.png

Ajax gave us a hell of a game in our 2nd Champions League match and thanks to a very late goal they managed to come away with a point. 

7e5fff2db2f9c7d9ba97b99f42436797.png

I went into the Juve away game with very limited expectations, so to come away with a win was unbelievable. 

7a6ca747d9922960350751f53faef6a4.png

3 games gone and we're top of the table! 

fe688cfecd2c9a6aa52b6fffe1abe3be.png

2 good wins at Leicester and Sunderland, but an unfortunate loss to a very strong Man City side who look set to win the title this year. 

ecb14383fb88d41101952ed049092fef.png

We managed to tie down both Dale Lewis and Moalison Brener to long term contracts this month, both are now on a lot more money than they were before, but they're young and very talented players who deserve that money. 

November

76223b8091c7152a687a3401565f1548.png

I would've taken a draw, so to beat Juve 3-0 at home was really special. A fantastic performance from all involved. 

8928c06036398fad64b75175d62bfb57.png

We then faced Dortmund at home and put 3 past them too, which sealed the group for us. 

91680ad93aca17359ef1d6c463c3cf23.png

We face Ajax in the final game having already sewn up top spot in the group. I'll be playing the 2nd string in Amsterdam, I hope we can still win as it will help our coefficient, but it would be funny if Ajax beat us and Dortmund and Juve went out. 

0a73353990e5bff10e41e0735ce50b68.png

An unbeaten month in the league as we faced off against 4 London based sides. 1 win and 3 draws is not that bad when you consider West Ham, Chelsea and Spurs are all looking decent sides this season. 

f405fa9703ea9a71671d341647e3a733.png

City are miles ahead at the top, I'm fairly pleased with how we're doing though. 

3fc7315e9fd5e59d10c60b7770a82a68.png

A new deal sees me here until 2060. 

f31f9afd2ab51f5e033fd4a55f4b1fe9.png

A slight pay-rise, they should really be paying me a lot more than that at this point but it's the only way to get them to agree to a 50 percent get out clause. 

Andy Kilday also signed a new deal this month amid interest from Chelsea. 

Edited by PaulHartman71

I've just finished reading this thread. It's taken me 6 days I think, but I have absolutely loved it. Thank you. :applause:

It's been a great journey, but only made possible by how rubbish you were at the start. :lol:

Now it's about time a big boy came in for you and gave you a squad of superstars to keep happy and an ultra-demanding Chairman to satisfy. 

Just now, Wavelberry said:

Back to back FA Cups and they choose to focus on you getting knocked out by a lower league team 5 years ago. SORT IT OUT SI!

The press is relentless! :p

Cheers,
Bitner 

December

0f4996e588816d21eae0bd7349d11422.png

West Ham isn't an easy place to go, but we made it look easy enough as we beat them 3-1 to progress to the League Cup Semi Final. We've got Chelsea, again not a super easy side to face, but I want to try and win the League Cup as I haven't so far. 

33508942300e3230049fff060d7d16e1.png

Our 2nd string got a good outing in a Champions League game at Ajax. I was happy coming away with a point, sadly for Ajax it wasn't enough for them. 

c3dc856b2571b5547efe09b6896ce526.png

Sad times for Juventus as they end up rock bottom :D 

aeee4ec4d3ee580e116b2ad21a47a6d3.png

The draw for the 1st Knockout Round has been made and we of course had the benefit of being a 1st seed, which seems to have really paid off, as we've ended up drawing PAOK of Greece. They're no mugs, but when you look at the likes of Bayern, Monaco and Napoli as teams we could've got, we've done alright really. Dinamo and Club Brugge is a pretty mad tie too, if we do manage to get past PAOK I'd definitely like one of those in the Quarters :D 

c74202302b2f8047b0e7c219d720a478.png

We didn't have the most difficult of Decembers, but it's never an easy month. What a month we had though. We lost 2-0 at Arsenal, but apart from that we won all 6 of our other matches, barely even conceding a goal along the way! Happy days. 

c2072326f2f4a64dec4ea88cf66fc62d.png

And somehow, we're top of the bloody league :D Only 1 point ahead of City, but still pretty mental to be all the way up there. 

751eca9f6961ee1ea4b6e14de6ea1f78.png

Doing pretty well on an individual level too! 

January

e2b3099b58bc88dcbb12fcdf16002593.png

ad734ae8df8de313e582b7208c56defb.png

e3b1c5cba83be57f4aa59d473b748bbc.png

A few departures this January. I didn't want to sell Xavier Girard until July, but he kicked up a right fuss when Barcelona came calling for him to the point his morale went to "Abysmal" when I tried reasoning with him. Since we're top of the the league and going forward on all fronts I didn't want his terrible morale messing it up, so let him go for a pretty penny. We sold a couple of players who haven't really done anything, then also sold 3rd choice CB, David Pickering, to Liverpool for £39.5M. I didn't want to sell him either as I was happy to leave him as 2nd choice starting CB until the summer where I'd move him on then. Liverpool offered £30M at the start of the window, but since I'd already sold Girard I turned them down, would've happily taken £30M in the summer mind, I even tried getting them to do it for an end of season deal but they weren't having it. I thought fine and assumed that was the end of it, but then they offered £35M on the 29th, I thought **** it, if they'll give me £40M they can have him, they were clearly desperate enough to pay it so I let him go and got a replacement in. 

98bf6b3322fcfdcf35a7bdcc5e2c2820.png

A few youth prospects arrive as well as the 2 new CBs, Morgan Arnaud from Galatasaray, and Juan Diego Acuna from Brazil. 

a85504278ae4657593c980db67cd16a2.png

Forest gave us a hell of game, but bringing Kilday off of the bench got us the win that we wanted. 

196d96112f1ba4b6071a86e7857eeb5d.png

I've honestly never seen anything like this in all my time of playing FM :D It was one thing putting 7 past Chelsea in one game, but for Kilday to get every single one of them ffs :D I only pay full attention in every match to the 2nd half to get subs in etc, so sometimes I'll be watching TV or looking at other stuff during the first half, so it was only really when he got the 4th that I realized he'd scored all of them so far. I thought "hmm, fair play" and didn't think too much of it, then he put a 5th in and I was really impressed, but I was actually laughing at it when he scored the 6th and 7th, just incredible. What makes it even more mental is that every single one of the 7 assists came from his strike partner Silvio Luiz :D I think after the game I must've got about 10 messages just informing me on club and cup records that we'd broken from that game :D 

5e4481e2204cf9a6a8c2c9274a4e08f9.png

Of course the return leg was a 0-0! I wasn't fussed as we've made the final, where we'll play Man City. Should be a good one! 

e4877df77a713cdb3b8416a00fa14721.png

2 good wins against Everton and United, but we lost at home to Norwich, who have become somewhat of a bogey team as they've done the double over us this season. Not sure if it's just the Ipswich connection with Adam, but we just can't beat them in the league this year :D 

b4566e48c7afafe0319ac9a8a627e41a.png

Despite that loss to Norwich, with 15 games to go we remain top of the pile!

You have to feel a bit sorry for Matt, as despite scoring 9 in 24 Conference North games for Mansfield Town, they've opted not to renew his loan deal which expired in late January. If I can't find another suitor for him soon he'll probably just spend the rest of the season in the U23s, as it's very unlikely (and for the best) that he won't get a look in ahead of Andy Kilday, Silvio Luiz, Jordan Yianni, Sergio Stucki and Vincent Verweij. It would take an injury crisis to end all injury crises. 

Edited by PaulHartman71