Effodeildin, 1. deild, 2. deild & 3. deild

25.jpg

This is the first year I'll be posting my Faroe Islands league database. I've been making this database for the last three seasons and has accumulated some info about the structure of the Faeroese leagues. I tried to keep as true to the league structure as possible, but I've also added some features that are not present in real life. I've also added and changed some data in the database.

General:

• Two transfer windows, as described on here
  • Foreigners need work permit (250 £ in weekly wage)
  • Discipline Rules as stated on fsf.fo

Competitions:

• Effodeildin - consists of 10 teams, playing three rounds. Two teams are relegated. I've added prize money for the top four teams, as well as a small amount of TV money. No B teams allowed
  • 1. Deild - consists of 10 teams, playing three rounds. Two teams are promoted and two teams are relegated. B teams allowed.
  • 2. Deild - consists of 10 teams, playing two rounds. Two teams are promoted and two teams are relegated. B teams allowed.
  • Løgmanssteypið - Cup competition for all the first teams.
  • Stórsteypadystur - Super cup played between the winner of Effodeildin and the winner of Løgmanssteypið
  • U18 - U18 league. 18 teams split into two groups in the group stage. In the middle of the season the four best from each group goes on into the championship playoff league
  • U18 Steypakapping - U18 Cup. 18 teams played throughout the season.

Database Updates:

I've used a lot of time on the database. Here are the main changes:

• 31 new Awards (fictive, based on the awards of the Danish league system)
  • 106 new cities/towns
  • 380 updates to the clubs
  • 103 updated to the competitions
  • 6 new media sources
  • 133 new peoples (chairmen, managers, coaches and referees)
  • 2 new stadiums and name changes for the rest
  • 5 new stage names (used in the cup)

Most of these changes are based on the info found on fsf.fo and faroesoccer.com. The awards are fictive, as are some of the B/U18 teams. All other updates should be on track with real life ;)

I would have loved to add players to the clubs (since faroesoccer.com keeps a list of all players involved in any game in 2016), but I've been having problem with the CA/PA of the added players being so low that the players are actually useless. I might create a thread for this in the Editors Hideaway, but it would require that I did some more digging.

Kits, Logos and Stadium Photos

As an extra feature I also decided to create both kits, logos and stadium pictures for the Faroe Islands. They can be found here here. The three folders in the zip file goes into "..\My Documents\Sports Interactive\ Football Manager 2017\graphics" (crate the folder if it doesn't exit). Then go into preferences in the game, clear the cache and reload the skin.

Anyways, here's the file. It's close to the real life structure, but I did add some fictive elements to make it a bit better. To install it simply place it in "..\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017\editor data" (create the folder if it doesn't exist) and start a new game.

Faroe Islands.fmf

Thanks!

I also forgot that I added in a new kind of weather. The Faroe Islands do tend to have their own weather compared to what was already in the db.

I'm currently working on adding in stadiums, kits and logos in separate downloads. Might put them up later.

As an extra feature I also decided to create both kits, logos and stadium pictures for the Faroe Islands. They can be found here here. The three folders in the zip file goes into "..\My Documents\Sports Interactive\ Football Manager 2017\graphics" (crate the folder if it doesn't exit). Then go into preferences in the game, clear the cache and reload the skin. Please report to me if you find any errors.

Did You consider option adding a Atlantic cup in to the game ? Champion of Icelandic league vs Faroese champion ?

also mayby few fantasy tournaments for a season break ? like champions and cup winners from Iceland and Faroe in one 4 teams group etc ?

10 minutes ago, DamianJB said:

Did You consider option adding a Atlantic cup in to the game ? Champion of Icelandic league vs Faroese champion ?

also mayby few fantasy tournaments for a season break ? like champions and cup winners from Iceland and Faroe in one 4 teams group etc ?

I wasn't planning on adding it in, since it was discontinued in 2009. I can add it into a separate file if you want :) The same with fantasy tournaments.

I do believe the Faroese clubs might take a hit on their finances if I add these tournaments though. In my FM14/15/16 saves the finances of every club in the Faroe Islands dumps down throughout the 10 seasons I've played.

If it's possible then - yes, please !

That's true and also the only foreign players or any quality players which came to the league they've been bought by me which is not helpfull to raising league reputation and also makes game bit boring cause after 2-3 season You can easily became a "God team" in Effodeilidn.

edit. sorry for asking but - are You from Faroe Islands ?

35 minutes ago, DamianJB said:

If it's possible then - yes, please !

That's true and also the only foreign players or any quality players which came to the league they've been bought by me which is not helpfull to raising league reputation and also makes game bit boring cause after 2-3 season You can easily became a "God team" in Effodeilidn.

edit. sorry for asking but - are You from Faroe Islands ?

I'll look into it :) I might get it done sunday..

Yea, it is hard to maintain competitiveness in Effodeildin, since you just needs one or two seasons with Champions League to get the best players.

No problem! I'm actually from Denmark. Has never been to the Faroe Islands ;)

On 11/11/2016 at 18:07, Willigenburg said:

I'll look into it :) I might get it done sunday..

Yea, it is hard to maintain competitiveness in Effodeildin, since you just needs one or two seasons with Champions League to get the best players.

No problem! I'm actually from Denmark. Has never been to the Faroe Islands ;)

Dammm, i asked cause for last couple of years ive been trying to get a HB home or away kit lol

Any news about Atlantic Cup or any of these fanatasy ones ? ;-)

On 11/15/2016 at 20:49, DamianJB said:

Dammm, i asked cause for last couple of years ive been trying to get a HB home or away kit lol

Any news about Atlantic Cup or any of these fanatasy ones ? ;-)

Hey dude! Naa, haven't been able to pull it together. With the university starting again next week I might first have time to do this some time late January, sadly.

I'm actually thinking about getting one ;) Was going to write to their chairman and ask what it would cost to ship a home kit to Denmark.

On 11/11/2016 at 23:40, Willigenburg said:

As an extra feature I also decided to create both kits, logos and stadium pictures for the Faroe Islands. They can be found here here. The three folders in the zip file goes into "..\My Documents\Sports Interactive\ Football Manager 2017\graphics" (crate the folder if it doesn't exit). Then go into preferences in the game, clear the cache and reload the skin. Please report to me if you find any errors.

Great work. I'm going to add those stadia to my created lower league Scottish Highlands and Islands teams.

57 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Great work. I'm going to add those stadia to my created lower league Scottish Highlands and Islands teams.

Thanks! Remember that some of the stadiums are only available through the Faroe Island file - Don't know how the game handles pictures for non-existing entries.

Just now, lo.simon said:

You've make the 3. deild ?

3. deild has been added as an inactive league with a couple of 2. teams in it. It is hard to recreate, since most of the teams in the 3. deild are either third or fourth teams of the clubs. Undrid was also moved from 3. deild to 2. deild instead of KÍ3, since I can't create KÍ3.

10 hours ago, Willigenburg said:

Hey dude! Naa, haven't been able to pull it together. With the university starting again next week I might first have time to do this some time late January, sadly.

I'm actually thinking about getting one ;) Was going to write to their chairman and ask what it would cost to ship a home kit to Denmark.

No worries mate and good luck with Your Uni !

But can You imagine one thing - they are one of the biggest clubs on the island and they dont have any official online store... broken heart lol

16 minutes ago, DamianJB said:

No worries mate and good luck with Your Uni !

But can You imagine one thing - they are one of the biggest clubs on the island and they dont have any official online store... broken heart lol

Thanks! Well, I remember most of the clubs websites when I was doing the database for FM14. Most of them were utterly crap! So, coming from that to where they are now (with most of the clubs actively using their website & facebook) is a big step for them! You got to remember that most of these clubs don't have (or at least don't know about) foreign fans. They are part-time professionals on a small island in the middle of nowhere ;)

2 hours ago, Willigenburg said:

Thanks! Well, I remember most of the clubs websites when I was doing the database for FM14. Most of them were utterly crap! So, coming from that to where they are now (with most of the clubs actively using their website & facebook) is a big step for them! You got to remember that most of these clubs don't have (or at least don't know about) foreign fans. They are part-time professionals on a small island in the middle of nowhere ;)

Well, that's true but after they last succeses (Greece, Birkirkara etc) defo loads of people from other places put they eye on Effodeilidn. 

I will try to make Atlantic Cup by myself and if it's gonna work i will upload that file over here.

• 2 months later...

Think i maybe found a fail in your database.. I'm playing with NSI and as you can see i should be number 1 with best score.

Generaly i think, that there is a fail with the goal difference in the league.

Im in my 2. season currently, but im enjoying it!

Skærmbillede 2017-01-25 kl. 22.42.14.png

31 minutes ago, Sellerdk said:

Think i maybe found a fail in your database.. I'm playing with NSI and as you can see i should be number 1 with best score.

Generaly i think, that there is a fail with the goal difference in the league.

Im in my 2. season currently, but im enjoying it!

Skærmbillede 2017-01-25 kl. 22.42.14.png

Indeed, it looks like I might have forgotten to add in league sorting rules. I might get around to that some time in the future :cool: Glad you're enjoying it!

• 1 month later...

I recently downloaded this database myself and noticed the sorting rules issues, so I went ahead and fixed them myself.
Figured I would share it here, until Willigenburg have made a fix himself :)

The sorting rules are based of how they are in the danish league system.

It sorts in the following order:
Goals For
Goals For - Away From Home

Faroe Islands - With league sorting.fmf

Ah damn I'm already 3 seasons in, otherwise I would start again with your change!!

Another thing I noticed, and its not a big thing really, is that the relegation from 2. Deild doesn't work. I know there are only 6 second teams in the game listed as being in 3. Deild but I picked one of those teams to start (Royn, who started in 2. Deild and have a second team that are in 3. Deild) so would have liked to have seen the second team maybe come up and be able to use that team to improve my young players through proper league games (as I'm doing a youth save!).

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2017 at 19:50, Girafi said:

I recently downloaded this database myself and noticed the sorting rules issues, so I went ahead and fixed them myself.
Figured I would share it here, until Willigenburg have made a fix himself :)

The sorting rules are based of how they are in the danish league system.

It sorts in the following order:
Goals For
Goals For - Away From Home

Faroe Islands - With league sorting.fmf

Thanks @Girafi! I haven't been around FM for a while, but might get around to fixing it some time soon.

On 3/3/2017 at 15:07, KCJJ1988 said:

As I can't obtain the kits on that website would it be possible to upload the kits on another site? 

Sorry to be a pain.

Hmm, I'll have to look if I still have them. Else I'll have to recreate them - Don't know if I have the time with my master thesis underway.

Archived