Franky's SUPREME Tactic for FM 17

My first tactic for FM 17. Main highlight is it's rock solid defence. I've gone 30 league games in League 2 with Wycombe, conceding just 8 goals!!! It's a high pressing 4-1-2-2-1 formation and very similar to my Wings of Fury tactics for FM 16, except we have a DM to provide that defensive solidity.

FORMATION

e68bc5d9f1.jpg

PLAYERS REQUIRED

Wing Backs – These guys are the key players in the team as a lot of the attacking play revolves around their ability to get forward and whip in dangerous crosses so good crossing ability is a must. High stamina and work rate will also increase their effectiveness, as will good dribbling ability. Set their training focus to 'crossing' unless it is already high, in which case set it to 'dribbling'..... the better their dribbling and crossing ability, the more effective the tactic!

PPM to set (in order of importance)......... 1) gets forward whenever possible......... 2) hugs line.

Training focus - crossing or dribbling if that is lower.

Centre Backs - There's a regular centre back in both DCR and DCL positions. One must be quick so he can recover in case an attacker breaks the offside trap.

PPM to set......... 1) runs with ball rarely......... 2) plays short simple passes (if passing ability is poor).

NOTE: The default setting is 'Central Defender' but you need to change that to 'Ball Playing Defender' for any centre back who is better in that role. It's okay two have two BPD's if need be.

DMC – Sits in front of the back four and sweeps up most of the opposition clearances. His ability to win the ball in the middle of the park allows the the front 3 plus both wing backs, RPM and BBM to operate in a highly attacking manner. Also offers a passing option as he's always unmarked. When it's played to him, he's on the lookout to distribute to the RPM or wing backs when they make their runs forward. Must have a high work rate as he'll be charging around, picking up all the loose balls and closing down attackers. A defensively sound, hard working player...... Schneiderlin being perfect for this role.

PPM to set......... stays back at all times.

Training focus - 'passing' if less than 13, otherwise to 'tackling' or 'positioning'.

BBM - Gets forward quickly to support the striker and provide a presence in the box for all the crosses coming in and defensively works hard to help the team win the ball back so a high work rate is very important.

PPM to set......... 'gets into opposition area' and 'gets forward whenever possible'. If he has a long shot attribute of 13+ then 'shoots from distance' and 'shoots with power' 

Roaming Playmaker (RPM) - The man who drives the team forward with his creativity. He'll look to play the wing backs in at every opportunity and generally dictate play from the middle of the park. The man of the match award is usually a three horse race between him and both wing backs. Will run with the ball whilst looking for options so must be a semi decent dribbler, minimum 13 in the top division.

PPM to set......... 1) gets forward whenever possible........ 2) switches ball to other flank..........  Arrives late at the edge of the area and receives plenty of pull backs so if he has long shot ability of 13+, then 'shoots with power' and 'shoots from distance'.

Training focus - dribbling.

NOTE: If you don't have an RPM then you can use an Advanced Playmaker out of necessity. The dynamics of the tactic will change very slightly but is unavoidable sometimes, especially in the lower leagues.

Inside Forwards – There's two of these guys and they'll be looking to get on the end of attacking moves and especially to take advantage of crosses fired in from the wing back on the opposite flank so good finishing and 'off the ball' ability is important. Also need to be creative as they will look to fashion chances for their team mates.

PPM to set......... 1) gets into opposition area...... 2) gets forward whenever possible........ 3) cuts inside from x flank.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Wingers work just as well as Inside Forwards so just use these players in whichever role they are more suited to.

Complete Forward – Comes deep to receive the ball, then uses his strength to hold up play while the bbm and inside forwards make their runs, then looks to play them in. A strong target man type player is best for this role and if he has a good jump reach then that will be perfect as he can then make the most of the tonnes of crosses fired in by the wing backs.

PPM to set......... likes to try to beat offside trap, but only if he is quick.

Training focus - strength.

NOTE: The default role is for a CF but use the striker in the role that he's best suited to. Deep Lying Forward or Defensive Forward can be used, but NOT Target Man as that'll mean the team will play long balls to him and the subtleties of the tactic will be lost with less chances being created as there's no AMC to take advantage of the TM's knock downs......... make sure to keep the DLF or DF on support duty.

TACTIC USAGE

I use the tactic usage formula below, making no changes to team mentality until half-time unless we go 2 goals down, in which case I'll switch immediately to control and keep it there for the rest of the game or if I take the lead I'll switch to contain and put both wing backs on defend duty. If I'm leading by the odd goal at half-time, I'll drop the mentality one notch or if I'm anticipating a tough second half then I'll switch to contain and put both wing backs on defend.

Start each game with the following mentalities depending on the pre-match odds.........

Favourite (home) - Control

Odds on favourite (away) - Control

Favourite (away) - Standard

Opponent is favourite (home) - Counter

Opponent is favourite (away) - Counter

Cup finals or other matches at neutral venues should be treated as home games.

If you need to protect a lead and the priority is to avoid conceding, switch to 'contain' and put both wing backs on defend duty (credit to Sabine for this tip, which works very well) but don't do this until half-time at the earliest. Needless to say, if the objective changes and you need to score, don't forget to revert them back to attack duty when upping the mentality. Also, if you switch from contain to a higher mentality, the tempo will automatically be set to 'normal' so you'll have to manually turn it down a notch to 'lower'.

Credit to Glassy for the counter mentality tip if opponent is pre-match favourite, home and away.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Never go higher than Control as I find Attacking and Overload mentalities counter productive (too many wasted passes and shots from ridiculous angles and distances).

ABSOLUTE MUST HAVES

The advice above should suffice but I will reiterate some of it below as it is an absolute must if you want this tactic to work for you.........

1. Both wing backs,  DMC and BBM  must have a high work rate (minimum 14 in the top division).

2. Both wing backs must have good crossing ability (minimum 12).

3. Every player must have at least 7/10 in the green suitability circle.

OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS AND TEAM TALKS

I let the assistant manager deal with OI's and also team talks as I'm playing the Touch version of the game where you can't do team talks yourself. Obviously, if you know what you're doing then would be better to do team talks yourself, although I would leave OI'S to the ass man. You need a decent one though so make sure he has high attributes for Tactical Knowledge, Judging Player Ability and Motivating.

FURTHER INFORMATION/ADVICE

The Striker and both CB's must NOT be on corner taking duty plus inswinging corners only.

As soon as a player picks up a booking, manually set him to 'ease off tackles' in order to avoid a second yellow. Front 4 are set to this by default.

Do not buy a DMC, BBM or wing backs with poor work rate, they're not compatible with this tactic. I had Carrick at Man Utd with a 'work rate' rating of 11..... got rid straight away.

For your best free-kick takers, set their PPM to 'tries long range free kicks' as the default setting is to float the ball into the box, even when there's a clear scoring opportunity with a direct shot. Once this PPM is acquired, they won't waste such opportunities.

Every player that has less than 12 for long shots should be trained to 'refrain from taking long shots'. For the Inside Forwards/Wingers and Striker this is a priority as they tend to waste good passing opportunities by taking ridiculous shots from distance....... this PPM will help to minimize that.

MY GAMES SO FAR

First 30 games played with Man Utd........ 25 wins, 4 draws and just 1 loss with 19 clean sheets, failing to score only twice.

24e3eab2f7.jpg

Wycombe League 2 (media prediction 10th)....... severe financial restrictions meant just free transfers and loans but still romped the league, finishing 16 points clear of second place but the real highlight and something I've never been able to do in the lower leagues before....... conceded just 8 goals in the last 30 league games with a genuinely mid table team!!!

15e6943009.jpg

15ea42b579.jpg

Wycombe League 1 (media prediction 20th)....... again, severe financial restrictions meant more free transfers and loans but despite a media prediction of 20th, won the league and the CheckaTrade Trophy. Again the secret was defensive solidity as we conceded just 28 league goals in the whole season.

1603c48b17.jpg

160595f9aa.jpg

1616c66a98.jpg

FINAL WORD

The tactic is defensively rock solid when using the 'tactic usage' formula I've detailed above. I don't think any more changes are required so can confidently say the tactic is complete...... but still do leave feedback, thanks :) 

Franky's SUPREME Tactic for FM 17 (17.1.2)_904D788C-014C-407E-A3D4-89766757ACD2.fmf

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Early signs are good and we keep possession very well generally. Too early to know for sure though.
I forgot to change from 'control' to 'counter' for an away Europa League match at Fiorentina where they were favourites but we actually performed very well and won comfortably so I'm not sure I'll be quite so rigid with changing it every time; probably more like starting with 'control' and see how we go.

Am giving this a go with Newcastle, but so far have tweaked around by adding work into box, and retain possession, also changed the WB-A  to FB-A as the wingbacks were leaving more space behind than I like, 

Will update if the changes are effective

Only used this tactic in pre-season so far so too early to say how it performs although the signs are encouraging. One thing I have noticed is a large number of long range shots from my BBM... I'm not sure if this is because of the tactic or perhaps due to the player not being creative enough to spot / pick out a pass?

Will keep on trying as I am a huge fan of your tactics.

1 hour ago, TheDentalist said:

Only used this tactic in pre-season so far so too early to say how it performs although the signs are encouraging. One thing I have noticed is a large number of long range shots from my BBM... I'm not sure if this is because of the tactic or perhaps due to the player not being creative enough to spot / pick out a pass?

Yeah, the BBM and to a lesser extent the RPM will both look to shoot long when the opportunity presents itself. If their long shot ability is 13+ in the top division then all is good but if it's less than 12, I would set their PPM to 'refrains from taking long shots'. Actually applies to all players and I HAVE mentioned this in the original post, although initially said less than 13 but I think less than 12 would be more correct. If you have a BBM with good long shot ability, he'll score plenty. Had Pogba score a hat-trick as the BBM and all were long shots.

Everyone else, thanks for the feedback so far. Please keep us updated on how you get on. Personally, I've started a new game with Man United and have played 21 competitive fixtures so far.... 18 wins and 3 draws with 14 clean sheets using the 'tactic usage' formula.

struggled with Leicester to be honest.  I tend to dominate games but cant score, but one of the biggest issues is Danny Simpson at full back.  his crossing stat is awful.

I swapped him for a youth player he wouldn't get near the team normally but who had a good crossing stat, and bingo, my 2nd win in 10 games. 

I also seem to do better with counter attack rather than the standard or control options.  maybe when I get full familiarity with the tactic they might be better

14 minutes ago, RichS24 said:

struggled with Leicester to be honest.  I tend to dominate games but cant score, but one of the biggest issues is Danny Simpson at full back.  his crossing stat is awful.

I swapped him for a youth player he wouldn't get near the team normally but who had a good crossing stat, and bingo, my 2nd win in 10 games. 

I also seem to do better with counter attack rather than the standard or control options.  maybe when I get full familiarity with the tactic they might be better

The three players in the team that require specific stats are both wing backs and the striker. Crossing ability for the wing backs is the single most important attribute for this tactic as the whole set up is geared towards getting the ball out wide for them to put in quality crosses. Danny Simpson would kill the effectiveness of this tactic with his crossing rating of 9 with many attacks coming to nothing. Has to be a minimum of 12 in any division. Also, you need to use the 'tactic usage' formula I've detailed in the original post. Using this tactic as plug and play will mean going to places like Chelsea and City and playing as if you're the home team....... basically, you'll be asking for a spanking!!

Works very well with Arsenal. Bought Griezmann and plays him as a Complete Forward. He has 34 goals in 33 games. ?? Im in the league cup final, FA cup quarter final got beaten by barca in Last 16 CL and top of the PL with 10 games to go.. 3 points ahead of tottenham and 12 points ahead of chelsea.

Alexis Inside forward Griezmann striker Mahrez inside forward Özil RPM Ramsey BBM Elneny DM Bellerin (fantastic wingback) (best preformer in the premier league ) Gibbs WB Mustafi Koscielny and Cech

5 minutes ago, jersve said:

Griezmann GP 41(4) Goals 41 Assists 11. 

Im playing control all the time. Won the league cup 4-0 against Man City. Won against Chelsea away etc.. 16 straight wins in the Premier League! 

That's pretty impressive. I think because of the strength of your team, you can get away with leaving it on control but for lesser teams, that would be too risky.

52 minutes ago, Hulkster79 said:

Team Shape is kept on very fluid all the time?

Yes. I could've suggested to change depending on mentality but didn't want to over complicate things with too many instructions.

I'm fine tuning my 4-2-3-1 with a few of your ideas, Yes I changed team shape with mentality, Seems to make them a big wooden, but we did get results away from home with counter attacking strat, Ill keep you updated if I find anything useful.

I just finished my first season on FM 17 and your tactic was a big sucess. I won EFL cup (league cup),  FA cup and Premier League! The treble! I played with control mentality except for some of the most difficult away games.

I played with Arsenal and the two signings I made was Griezmann in the first window and Mahrez in january.

I sold Giroud,Cazorla and Mertesacker in january.

For next season I signed Renato Sanches for the RPM role,Cresswell for backup leftback, Byram for backup rightback, Laporte for central defence and Jose Gaya for left wingback him and Bellerin on each flank will be mad! 

Second season I have sold szczesny gibbs jenkinson iwobi monreal lucas walcott 

The treble! 

image.jpg

Antoine Griezmann 49 goals 14 assists

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

On 08/11/2016 at 19:44, BojanVu said:

I am testing this tactic wity my liverpool and in 5 matches i have 1W 0D 5L  ..  Nor work for me.

My team

87878.PNG

That's interesting. I have been using the tactic with Liverpool and found it worked quite well so far - although it's still early days having played just 4 league matches.

Lost away to Man City 1-0 in first match. Aguero scored from a  flukey deflected shot early on, and that was only difference. We matched them other than that.

1-1 home to Arsenal. Sturridge scored from a header, but things head downhill after that. The teamwork was awful, with a lot of standing around watching the ball! Sure enough, Arsenal equalised after an hour.

Other matches were 4-1 at home, and 3-0 wins away from home. The goals came from all areas, which is nice to see.

But, I digress....

Are you still in your first season? I notice you have purchased a lot of players - maybe too many? Just a thought.

The only problem I have been having with the tactic is Coutinho, I just can not get him to have a good game at all. He is 6.4 - 6.5 constantly.

Sturridge in attack is not much better either, but Mane on the right has been awesome, so perhaps Coutinho is just suffering from a form slump? Perhaps due to him taking a long shot every 150 seconds or so it seems!

Never had that issue in '16, Coutinho rarely let me down.

Would start him as a sub but i have no other natural options in that position, not until I get Lincoln in January, so may have to just ride it out.

Thanks for the upload Franky, have always enjoyed your tactics, this one is added to the list. When it goes well, the football is really tasty!

7 hours ago, MrMungo said:

That's interesting. I have been using the tactic with Liverpool and found it worked quite well so far - although it's still early days having played just 4 league matches.

Lost away to Man City 1-0 in first match. Aguero scored from a  flukey deflected shot early on, and that was only difference. We matched them other than that.

1-1 home to Arsenal. Sturridge scored from a header, but things head downhill after that. The teamwork was awful, with a lot of standing around watching the ball! Sure enough, Arsenal equalised after an hour.

Other matches were 4-1 at home, and 3-0 wins away from home. The goals came from all areas, which is nice to see.

But, I digress....

Are you still in your first season? I notice you have purchased a lot of players - maybe too many? Just a thought.

The only problem I have been having with the tactic is Coutinho, I just can not get him to have a good game at all. He is 6.4 - 6.5 constantly.

Sturridge in attack is not much better either, but Mane on the right has been awesome, so perhaps Coutinho is just suffering from a form slump? Perhaps due to him taking a long shot every 150 seconds or so it seems!

Never had that issue in '16, Coutinho rarely let me down.

Would start him as a sub but i have no other natural options in that position, not until I get Lincoln in January, so may have to just ride it out.

Thanks for the upload Franky, have always enjoyed your tactics, this one is added to the list. When it goes well, the football is really tasty!

with this tactic I was lost away from City 1-0 Away sunderland 2-0 Home Everton 4-0 Arsenal away 5-1 Manutd home 5-1. For me this is bad tactic. In pre season in frendly matches I was won all matches. My new player can be bad in that case that lost 50- 5-1 4-0 etc.. One Romagnoli  Sakho Abdenour etc one of decente players in defend. Coutinhi is best option on APs or APa he is not for IF because he hav just dribbling 18 crossing and finishing is awful.

My save of Arsenal this is the 4th season, I decided to use the franky's tactic from the begining of the season, As you can see the results are amazing, I lost 3-0 to west ham because i was touted favorite's but I didn't take into consideration i just sold Sanchez and the team was unhappy. They moaned about lack of depth so moral dropped and I should of used counter attacking with structured team shape.

Same happened with Burnley I over estimated the power of moral in fm17, I should of used a lower mentality even vs lesser teams moral makes a huge difference.

So play within limits with the tactic and choose mentality wisely is my advice!.

20161110211310_1.jpg

20161110211806_1.jpg

End of second season with Arsenal.

After winning the League Cup, Premier League and FA Cup the first season.

I won Community Shield, League Cup, Premier League and FA cup the second season.

At home ive been going with very fluent and control. Away ive been trying the counter with structured mentality. Only disappointment is in the CL were i lost against Leverkusen in the quarterfinal.

For the third season i have signed Gimenez, Saul, Curtois and sold cech, koscielny and özil.

Its my first started game/save in FM 17 and i have 7 titles in 2 seasons. Absolutely fantastic tactic franky! Only six defeats in a whole season! 

20161112132409_1.jpg

20161112132419_1.jpg

20161112132930_1.jpg

20161112132938_1.jpg

I'm currently 14 games into a season with a team that is expected to just about survive relegation. I've used this tactic from the start and currently sit top of the league having won W9 D4 L1. The performances are dominating, the football is brilliant with chance after chance being created. Loose balls are swept up by the midfield and the defenders seem to be everywhere. I checked the stats against the strongest team in the league and we managed to intercept 25% of their passes. We completed over 600 passes with only 50 interceptions. Barcelona eat your heart out.

I played a solid Premier League side in the cup - completely outplayed them for the whole game but eventually lost on penalties having played the second half and extra time with ten men.

I must admit I am not very good when it comes to creating my own tactics. I don't have much time to play the game so when I do I like to have something which has been tried and tested elsewhere. This has to be one of the best first release tactics I've used. I would also add that the match engine certainly adds to the experience as this year it seems much smoother and easier to manipulate a teams style of play. 

Really impressed, keep up the good work. Let's hope my form lasts!

7 titles in two seasons with arsenal and ive been going with tactic training straight when u start the game so the players gets used to frankys tactic.

then its fitness during preseason and balanced during the season. and for the game preperation its always match tactic.

home games against every team very fluid and control.

away games against poor teams very fluid and control

away games against big teams structured and counterattack plus change your fullbacks  mentality from attack to defensive.

On 10.11.2016 at 22:24, Hulkster79 said:

My save of Arsenal this is the 4th season, I decided to use the franky's tactic from the begining of the season, As you can see the results are amazing, I lost 3-0 to west ham because i was touted favorite's but I didn't take into consideration i just sold Sanchez and the team was unhappy. They moaned about lack of depth so moral dropped and I should of used counter attacking with structured team shape.

Same happened with Burnley I over estimated the power of moral in fm17, I should of used a lower mentality even vs lesser teams moral makes a huge difference.

So play within limits with the tactic and choose mentality wisely is my advice!.

20161110211310_1.jpg

20161110211806_1.jpg

I see you changed the IFs to be wingers? How did that go and why did you do this?

On 10/11/2016 at 10:05, Nickya said:

It's possible switch CF to AF ? because i play with Inter and Icardi is unbeleaveble in AF.

You could try, although it'll mean he's isolated up front on his own with no AMC to support him.

On 13/11/2016 at 12:35, sparkysrovers said:

Finding it tough to get the tactic fully fluid. Any tips on training? or pre-season training?

I leave all training, team talks and OIs to the ass man...... I'm quite lazy like that :D

22 hours ago, sparkysrovers said:

It hasnt been a phenomenal tactic so far, maybe it's harder when you are playing league of Ireland and the players at your disposal dont match up. It's been a tough slog of a season so far

I'm using it in League 2 with my Wycombe team and have a media prediction of 10th but have won the league with 4 games still to go, having lost just 3 out of 42. I'm finding it extremely easy to see out games in this version of FM using the tactic usage formula I've detailed in the original post and have conceded just 7 goals in the last 27 league games, something I've never got close to before in the lower leagues. Haven't been able to make any decent signings due to financial restrictions and even the 5 loan players are average (just bought them to add depth to the squad). I've not been able to use a complete forward or roaming playmaker due to player limitations so have used a target man and defensive forward as the striker and an advanced playmaker instead of an RPM. Target man was a mistake as the team played too much 'hoof ball', which resulted in less chances being created because in order for a target man to be effective, you need an AMC (preferably a shadow striker) to take advantage of his knock downs. This tactic doesn't have one so that was a real waste.

a0a131a6f9.jpg

My first choice starting 11

a0c0e53aaf.jpg

Transfers

a1071d4a2e.jpg

As you can see above, I've had jack all finances available to me and have only been able to get players in on free transfers and even then, those who'd accept low wages (£500ish a week)

On 08/11/2016 at 19:44, BojanVu said:

I am testing this tactic wity my liverpool and in 5 matches i have 1W 0D 5L  ..  Nor work for me.

You must be doing something seriously wrong. In my Man United save, first season with just a month to ago I've lost just one game all season and undefeated in the league.

8 hours ago, jayahr said:

I see you changed the IFs to be wingers? How did that go and why did you do this?

Wingers are just as effective as inside forwards so you can use either..... won't affect the tactic but will give a manager greater options.

2 hours ago, Franky. said:

You could try, although it'll mean he's isolated up front on his own with no AMC to support him.

I leave all training, team talks and OIs to the ass man...... I'm quite lazy like that :D

I'm using it in League 2 with my Wycombe team and have a media prediction of 10th but have won the league with 4 games still to go, having lost just 3 out of 42. I'm finding it extremely easy to see out games in this version of FM using the tactic usage formula I've detailed in the original post and have conceded just 7 goals in the last 27 league games, something I've never got close to before in the lower leagues. Haven't been able to make any decent signings due to financial restrictions and even the 5 loan players are average (just bought them to add depth to the squad). I've not been able to use a complete forward or roaming playmaker due to player limitations so have used a target man and defensive forward as the striker and an advanced playmaker instead of an RPM. Target man was a mistake as the team played too much 'hoof ball', which resulted in less chances being created because in order for a target man to be effective, you need an AMC (preferably a shadow striker) to take advantage of his knock downs. This tactic doesn't have one so that was a real waste.

a0a131a6f9.jpg

My first choice starting 11

a0c0e53aaf.jpg

Transfers

a1071d4a2e.jpg

As you can see above, I've had jack all finances available to me and have only been able to get players in on free transfers and even then, those who'd accept low wages (£500ish a week)

You must be doing something seriously wrong. In my Man United save, first season with just a month to ago I've lost just one game all season and undefeated in the league.

Nothing .. Put your tactic in 3 slots and playing same how you adviced

This is my team 87878.PNG.e140ce12b3ad8ddc24c282bc3ebed2

Been using this tactic since the beginning of my career with America in the Colombian second division. We were predicted to win the league, so it's not overperforming, but it's been very effective especially with keeping out goals. I have a LOT of shots (20ish every game) but only a couple of actual chances, though this may be down more to the quality of my squad which isn't amazing. The opposition is usually restricted to 5 or less shots though, so I've found it to be very good defensively. Looking forward to continuing with it once I get promoted and can build a better team!

20161115133107_1.jpg

20161115133121_1.jpg

20161115133215_1.jpg

Hi Franky!

Good work with the tactic - Playing with Wolves and while I'm winning my fair share - Lots of possession and more shots - Striker(s) just dont take chances! Followed the roles and specific attributes needed as much as I can and still nothing - Any recommendations from experience for a Championship level striker who will get me the Griezmann goals highlighted in above posts!

Thanks 

6 hours ago, Glassy said:

Really good tactic, this sort of thing happens to me quite often though! And my striker and wingers have pretty good shooting and finishing stats too. 

fbe505ac54f8b8838b1baa3b2c65a281.png

I've mentioned it in the original post..... for all players with less than decent long shot ability, you need to set their PPM to 'refrains from taking long shots'. For your front 3, this is a priority. If you have the relevant players trained up with this PPM, you'll find the shots to 'shots on target' ratio will be better.

Premier League - any player with less than 13 for long shots should be trained for this PPM.

Championship - less than 12.

L1 & L2 - less than 11.

Non League - less than 10.

1 hour ago, dubby151 said:

Hi Franky!

Good work with the tactic - Playing with Wolves and while I'm winning my fair share - Lots of possession and more shots - Striker(s) just dont take chances! Followed the roles and specific attributes needed as much as I can and still nothing - Any recommendations from experience for a Championship level striker who will get me the Griezmann goals highlighted in above posts!

Thanks 

As above, refrain from long shots really helps but the striker that will generally do well with this tactic is your typical target man who is big and strong. Lots of crosses come into the box and he can really take advantage if he has a good jump reach. Sure, Griezmann is the total opposite but because of how good he and Arsenal are, he'll score plenty with any tactic so I wouldn't use him as a marker.

1 hour ago, k3bra said:

I'm using this tactic was working perfectly until the update that happened today, now I'm losing most of the matches.

Is this only happening to me?

There no ME changes in the update so tactics won't be affected. Must be your morale/team talks/press conferences affecting team performances 

Griezmann had one mad season and then one good season but im using him as a AMR inside forward now and its working well. Im on my fourth season with Arsenal and I signed 23 year old Kelechi Iheanacho.. strenght, pace, finishing, movement passing! he really fits the bill! 4 goals 4 assist in 8 games.. he will become a legend for the club! 

Archived