FM17: FC Internazionale Milano - Year Zero...again

GunmaN1905

XbQJzLN.png

rhtQf8n.png

History

The Club was founded on 9 March 1908 as Foot-Ball Club Internazionale following a schism from the Milan Cricket and Football Club. A group of Italians and Swiss were unhappy about the domination of Italians in the Milan team and broke away from them, leading to the creation of Internazionale. The name of the club derives from the wish of its founding members to accept foreign players as well as Italians.

"This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

— 9 March 1908, Milano

100%20Inter%20-%20Primi%20giocatori.jpg

Early years

The club won its very first Scudetto in 1910 and its second in 1920. The captain and coach of the first Scudetto was Virgilio Fossati, who was killed in World War I.

During the fascist reign in Italy the club was forced to merge with the Unione Sportiva Milanese and was renamed Società Sportiva Ambrosiana. Return of the name Internazionale came after the World War II.

Over the years up to 1960s Inter won total of seven Scudettos and first Coppa Italia. Giuseppe Meazza was greatest player in that era and eventually the stadium was named after him.

Grande Inter

F3WiwWk.jpg

In 1960, Helenio Herrera joined Internazionale from Barcelona, bringing with him his midfield general Luis Suárez. The (in)famous catenaccio was introduced, 5-3-2/3-5-2 formation based on counterattacking. Modern day attacking wing-backs as we know them today originate from that formation. Giacinto Facchetti was widely regarded as the first attacking and scoring wing-back at the time.

Internazionale finished third in Serie A in Herrera's first season, second the next year and first in his third season, followed by back-to-back European Cup victories in 1964 and 1965. For his team's performances, Herrera would earn the title ll Mago, In 1967 Inter lost in the finals against Celtic and that was the end of an era.

From 1970 to 1990

Two more Scudettos were won in 1971 and 1980. Inter lost another Champions Cup final to Ajax in 1972.

Last Scudetto before the dry period was won in 1989. Inter's best players were the German duo Andreas Brehme and Lothar Matthäus.

Jk3FVFE.jpg

The dry spell

In the 1990s Inter won three UEFA Cups in 1991, 1994 and 1998, but that wouldn't satisfy the fans because not a single Scudetto was won over the years.

Masimo Moratti, Angelo Moratti's son, took over the club in 1995. He had a dream of creating a new Grande Inter that was dominating the Europe during his father's presidency in the 60s.

He was one of the first oil tycoons to take over a club and he started mindlessly spending the money, mostly on players that didn't live up to the expectations. But not all of the signings were failures. His first signing was a young right-back from Argentina, anonymous Javier Zanetti. Inter scouts went to scout Ariel Ortega, but came back with Zanetti instead. Another one was Ronaldo who was the best player in the world in the late 90s who's career got hampered by injuries. Inter at the time was known as a club with loser's mentality. They played good football, but the money wasn't spent wisely. Squad always had plenty of great strikers, but defense was lacking. Season was 97/98 and in the game that was basically deciding the title Ronaldo was brutally stopped by Iuliano inside the box and the referee stood silent, only to give Juventus a dubious penalty in the counter-attack. Inter lost the Scudetto and ever since that day people knew something was rotten. Moratti was notorious for changing coaches. Total of 17 coaches were changed over the 18 years of his reign. The biggest blow to Inter of that era happened on 5th of May 2002 where they needed a win over Lazio on the last matchday to secure the long awaited title. Inter lost 4-2 and Ronaldo's tears on the bench are still remembered by many up to this day.

1Ll5TkV.jpg

The uprising

Couple more years passed and then Calcipoli happened. With no real competition Inter won Scudettos two years in a row. In season 06/07 Mancini's Inter had record-breaking 17 wins in a row and was playing amazing football, dominating over Champions League winning Milan in the both derbies. Moratti wanted the Champions league and when Mancini kept losing in the first knockout round he got the sack. Mourinho came and the rest is history.

Getting to the top is easier than staying there

In the first season Mourinho also got knocked out in the first knockout round and he couldn't implement his 4-2-3-1 formation. He played 4-3-1-2 instead, because his big signing, Quaresma turned out to be a huge flop. Inter won the title easily and then the 09/10 season came.

Ibrahimović was traded for Eto'o, Sneijder, Milito, Lucio and Motta were brough it. Noone believed in the squad without Ibrahimović who was carrying Inter over the past three seasons. In the second matchday Inter trashed Milan 4-0 and everyone knew something great will happen in that season. Champions League was a struggle at start, Inter barely got out of the group by winning in Kiev in the dying minutes of the game. Pandev was brought in the winter mercato and Mourinho started using his 4-2-3-1 formation. Scudetto was won over Roma on the last matchday and in the Champions League Chelsea, CSKA and Barcelona were beaten. Everyone remembers the parked bus on Camp Nou, but the first leg 3-1 win over Barcelona was a true masterpiece. When the last three games with thre trophies in play came, Il Principe Milito decided all of them with and with four goals in three games Moratti's dream was fulfilled. Mourinho left for Real Madrid and the downfall started. Squad was getting older, everyone had huge wages and no fresh blood was introduced. Benitez won World Club Championsip and Leonardo won Coppa Italia in 2011. Ever since that Inter hasn't won anything. Moratti left the presidential spot in 2013 and Indonesian businessman Erik Thorir took his place. Still, nothing changed and it probably won't change this season, either. Hence the year zero title, again. Over the past five seasons every year was the so called year zero, start of a new project for Inter and every season was a failure. During this summer a huge Chinese corporation, Suning, took over and it looks like they're loaded and that they won't stop until they succeed. But this season is already a mess. Mancini was sacked days before the season start and De Boer took over. He also got sacked after a bad run. As I'm writing this, Inter has no manager. Maybe you're the one?

wXlGRmf.jpg

The trophy count of the only never-relegated Italian club up to this day

gX29LbJ.png

Rivalries

You play the Milano derbi, Derby della Madonnina against AC Milan and Derby d'Italia against Juventus.

Other rivals are Roma, Napoli and Atalanta.

Facilities

The legendary Giuseppe Meazza with capacity of 80.018, all-seater.

vhUjzg5.jpg

Finances

The Chinese took over and the situation is much more comfortable this year. Inter already spent a lot of money this summer but there's still areas in the squad which are lacking. I'll talk about that in the Players section. As for now, realistic target for the first season should be CL qualification. If you select that you get starting budget of 20mil€ and some wage budget to spare. Money should never be an issue if you qualify for the Champions league because of the revenue and owners that provide good money.

The Players

stvmgGq.jpg

Goalkeepers

1. Samir Handanović

Your first choice goalkeeper, amazing stats, should be you first choice for like 4-5 seasons. No brainer, really.

30. Juan Pablo Carrizo

Decent backup, should suffice. He has a one year remaining on his contract so it's up to you if you want to extend.

46. Tommaso Berni

Third choice, he's pretty bad, but his wages are really low and he never complains. I usually keep him as the third keeper. He's a homegrown player at the club and that's his only upside.

Strong area overall. No changes needed in the first couple of seasons, or at all if you're comfortable with Handanović. Bardi is a good backup when he comes back from loan after the first season. I'd recommend you to get some young talent and try to develop him to succeed Handanović when he retires.

Central Defenders

25. João Miranda

Your best defender at the start of the game, you should be able to get good couple of seasons out of him, but he can also get homesick as he gets older. His contract has two years remaining and I don't think it should be extended because of the homesick likeliness and the fact that his physical attributes drop a lot after the second season.

24. Jeison Murillo

In real life he's proven that he has huge potential, but also that he can make some dumb mistakes, typical for South American defenders. His stats in FM17 are great and well rounded, although his aggression stat is way off. He develops into a world class defender and you should keep him at all costs.

13. Andrea Ranocchia

Huge wages for such a bad player. Aerial ability and homegrown status are his only upsides. Can be a decent backup. Sell and replace as soon as you get any offers.

2. Marco Andreolli

A decent backup with way lower wages than Ranocchia. Solid attributes for a backup player and homegrown at the club status. The downside is that he's out for three months at the start of the game so you can't sell him anyway. Keep until you find a good replacement.

First choice centre backs are great, backup situation is pretty bad. If you can't sell Ranocchia keep him in the first season. I highly recommend De Vrij from Lazio as he's simply amazing. Shouldn't cost too much, either. After Miranda is gone De Vrij and Murillo can last you for a lot of seasons.

Full Backs

21. Davide Santon

His first big appearance was back in 2008 when he was a teenager that kept Cristiano Ronaldo at bay, but as we all know Inter's handling of young and uprising stars is usually terrible and he was sold to Newcastle some time later. He came back in winter of 2015 and he's been decent, but nothing special. He's a good starting option for the first season and rotation option afterwards. He's also homegrown at the club.

55. Yuto Nagatomo

Ever lasting Yuto. Can play both flanks equally well and even play in the as wide midfielder, but his attributes are average. He's also turning 30 soon and I usually offload him for between 10 and 15mil€.

33. Danilo D'Ambrosio

Same as Nagatomo, he can play both flanks, but is simply a worse player than Santon.  Offload him or Nagatomo and keep the other one as a backup option. One starting fullback is a must, because D'Ambrosio is a decent player at best.

15. Christian Ansaldi

Injured for 2 months at the start of the game. Good overall attributes, but is turning 30 soon. Your best left back at the start of the game. Decent choice for the first season.

I'd say the most critical area in this years FM. Santon and Ansaldi are only fullbacks worthy of any play time. One fullback is a must, I highly recommend transfer listed Danilo from Real Madrid or Mario from Villarreal for right back. Gaya from Valencia for the left back position. I'd personally spend all of my money in the first starting window on two fullbacks. Gaya isn't as expensive as he was on previous versions.

Midfielders

17. Gary Medel

The Pitbull. Defensive midfielder, warrior and that's pretty much it. He's great at everything defense related and terrible in the offensive part. Natural as both CM and DM, but he has no stats to be a holding midfielder. Great at BWM role and that's it. Can also be used as central defender, but I'd advise against that. His weaker side is that he has no aerial presence at all. Should be a starter if you play with 3 midfielders.

5. Felipe Melo

Worse than Medel in the defensive aspect and he's an idiot who's guaranteed to do something that will cost your team. Also turning 33 at the start of the game. Sell as soon as you can.

7. Geoffrey Kondogbia

The beast. Great physical stats, well-balanced mental and technical stats. To use him as anything else except for box-to-box midfielder is a waste of potential because he can cover everything. From winning the ball at 20 meters away from his goal, to starting the counter attack and finishing it in the other box.  He's a bit more technical than on the last FM although I have no idea what did he do to warrant that increase. In real life he's been nothing short of terrible. But on FM he's still one of the best box-to-box midfielders. Never sell him.

77. Macelo Brozović

Improved stats compared to FM16. He covers the whole pitch and never stops. Good overall attributes. He's also a keeper. Consistent performer.  Should be rotated with Kondogbia unless you use a four man midfield.

6. João Mário

Forty million euro aquisition from Sporting. EURO winner and a really smart playmaker. Can be trained to cover any midfield position, but he's best at CM. Great overall attributes and he should be your starter for the years to come.

19. Ever Banega

Free transfer bargain from Sevilla. Great player, a bit better than Mario on the offensive side, but worse on the defense. Also somewhat lacking in phyiscal stats. Natural at both CM and AMC.

27. Assane Gnoukouri

On FM16 he was one of the best young midfielders. Now he's significantly worse, but still good enough to develop into a rotation option. Best suited for the box-to-box midfield role.

Strongest area in the squad on this FM. You have five midfielders that are worthy of the starting eleven, but someone has to sit it out on the bench unless you're playing with four man midfield.
You don't really need anyone in the first couple of seasons, except for maybe a good DM. I like Kranevitter from Atletico.  He's on loan at Sevilla in the first season, but should be easy to buy after that for a reasonable price. Franck Kessié is another great potential you should keep an eye on. Kondogbia/Brozović and Mario/Banega will battle it out for box-to-box and playmaker roles if you're playing with a three man midfield. Kondogbia can also be great as DLP DM instead of Medel as the most defensive midfielder.

Wingers

87. Antonio Candreva

A new signing from Lazio. Old-school right footed right winger. Great overall attributes, he always performs and is great at taking set-pieces. Should be your first choice until Gabriel develops. He's 29 at the start of the game and you should sell him after a couple of seasons when Gabriel develops and get some good money.

44. Ivan Perišić

I think that his current FM attributes reflect his Inter performances well, but he's a way better player for the national team and it's a shame you'll never be able to get that player on FM.  Can play equally well on both flanks. His attributes are pretty bad, but he can be good enough to start in the first season. After that you should offload him for a hefty sum. I managed to get 40mil€ after the first season.

11. Jonathan Biabiany

Speed demon and nothing else. Watching him with the ball is a pain. Useful back-up player and good as a late sub to score some goals from counters. He's home grown at the club and that's his only upside other than his speed.

23. Éder

Decent overall stats, on par with Perišić I'd say and he could challenge Ivan for a place in starting eleven on the left wing. He's on loan from Sampdoria and you can purchase him for 10mil€, but I don't think it's worth it as he turns 30 at the start of the first season. Can also play up front, but isn't really suited for it.

96. Gabriel Barbosa

The wonderkid of FM. Looking as good as ever on this version. A great inside forward with huge potential. Can also play as a striker. Make sure to give him minutes to develop in the first season. One of the best players in his position after a couple of seasons. You should keep him at all costs.

This area is also well covered, too bad that your two best wingers both prefer the right side. You shouldn't make any changes in the first season, but a complete reconstruction on the left wing is required if you want to accomplish anything in the Champions League afterwards. I highly recommend Keita Baldé from Lazio who can be brought in for a normal fee. Denis Suárez is also pretty good and he often gets unhappy and transfer listed.

Strikers

10. Stevan Jovetić

Didn't live up to the expectations in real life and is warming the bench. On FM17 he's still a good player and can perform pretty well. A backup option for Icardi if you're playing with one striker or a good partner for Icardi if you're playing with two upfront.

9. Mauro Icardi

Icardi scores. Nothing more, nothing less. Except for more goals. It just happens all the time. Advanced forward that doesn't really offer that much in the build-up, but if you get the ball to him in the box, the goal is imminent. Current captain of the club and possibly the best pure striker in the game. Never sell him. If you're not getting the results he can get unhappy and ask to leave, but he has a contract until 2021 and the board will never force you to sell.

8. Rodrigo Palacio

Still pretty good at start of the game, but he declines rapidly. Big wages and his contract expires at the end of the season. If you're not playing with two upfront or not bringing in any young strikers in some bargains you should offload him right away.

No need for a striker, you can offload Palacio, especially if you play with lone Icardi upfront. After the first season I'd recommend Belotti as a rotation option. He performs great and doesn't cost much. I usually offload Jovetić because I don't play with two strikers and he's injury prone as we all know.

Players loaned out at the start of the game

Juan Jesus and Dodo are leaving for Roma and Sampdoria respecitvely and you can't do anything about it.

Federico Bardi

Decent goalkeeper, I usually use him as my back-up when he returns from the loan. Strong aerial ability and commanding presence in the back, weaker in the flashy saves department.

Rafaele Di Gennaro

Another decent goalkeeper, homegrown at the club. Slightly worse than Bardi, but he can also be useful as a third choice when he comes back.

Federico Dimarco

Was a huge potential on FM16, but he's been noticably downgraded now. Still, he can be developed into a good rotation option.

Caner Erkin

The example of how bad Inter management is. Brought in and then immediately loaned out to Besiktas. Pretty bad attributes and you should sell him when he returns.

Samuele Longo

Not good enough, but you should manage to get some money by selling him after he returns from loan.

Gianluca Caprari

Bought this summer and loaned back to Pescara. In real life he's a good potential, but he doesn't look good enough on FM to make an impact for a team like Inter.

Rey Manaj

Also at Pescara, also not good enough.

There's a lot more players who are loaned out, but they're not worth a mention.

Hot prospects

Zinho Vanheusden

Belgian central defender. He can develop into a pretty good player with the right guidance. Mental attributes are an issue, though.

Andrea Pinamonti

Great prospect in real life, can also turn out to be amazing in the game. If he turns out well, he can be a good Serie A striker.

Few more youngsters that have good potentials on coaches' ratings are in u20 and u18 squads but I haven't been able to get anything out of them so I didn't mention them.

Staff and Scouting

You have a decent coaching team at your disposal. If you manage it well and promote some u20 coaches you should get 4 star rating in all categories. But I just replace the staff with usual suspects. Scouting team is good, but they don't have any real knowledge outside of central Europe.

Transfers and strategy

As I've already said in the opening post, money isn't a big issue this year and you should always be comfortable unless you go on some spending spree. 20mil€ and the fees from offloaded players should be more than good enough to buy one or two fullbacks. Other areas are perfectly fine, except for maybe left winger and defensive midfielder, but there aren't any good targets that would like to come because you're still not in the Champions League. So, you're better off saving that money for the second season.

Éder is the only player who has an option to buy out, but as I've already said, he's probably not worth it.
Get a backup central defender or some good potential in that position if you find an opportunity and offload Ranocchia.

In my opinion the squad is more than good enough for the top3 finish and if you get the tactics right you can even challenge for the Scudetto with a new pair of fullbacks.

Tactics

The team is best suited for 4-3-3, but you can fit it in most standard formations.

Miranda and Murillo are a great pair. Fullbacks are decent as I've already said should be replaced.
You can even try and play three at the back with Medel, but I don't think that would really work. Medel has proved to be decent at the position similar to De Rossi's EURO 2012 role when he played for Chile.

Midfield offers you a lot of options, I personally think that 3CM and an AM would work great, but then one of your best players, Candreva would go to waste.
Kondogbia can play DM with DLP role or any offensive CM role, Brozović is a b2b, Mario and Banega are playmakers. Medel can't play a holding role because he's only good at running around and trying to win the ball.
Playing 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 is a personal preference because roles are pretty much the same, just with a bit different positioning in midfield.

Candreva is your obvious starter as a right winger in the first season, but neither left winger is on his level. Both Éder  and Perišić are better suited for an inside forward role.

Icardi is one of the best strikers on FM and should be easy enough to utilize to his full potential. Jovetić would work better in a two striker formation as a trequartista or CF. Gabriel could also fulfill that role. Palacio can be a good backup in the first season.

8aTVf63.png

As soon as the beta was released, I started my standard Inter save.

Short summary:

First season fixtures
First season table

It started well enough, but then I started struggling and it lasted all the way up to 2017.
But then the team suddenly clicked after a bit of tactical tweaking and I started winning with relative ease.
Managed to win Coppa and EL. Because of that bad run I was left behind Juve and surprisingly Milan in Serie A but I managed to secure third spot.
EL final

Second season fixtures
Second season table
I wanted to win the league and I managed it in the end. Nothing special about this season. Good performances allround.
Lost the European Supercup game against Tottenham at the start of the season and won the Italian Supercoppa.
Also won the Coppa and got knocked out by United in CL quarter final. Was a bit unlucky and lost on away goal, but that's life.
Decisive game of the season was in Torino and I managed to get a draw which secured an easy season finish.
Juventus game

Third season fixtures
Third season table
The domination has begun, pretty easy Serie A first place. Decisive game was already in December again in Torino.
Icardi scored a hattrick within three minutes and secured a 7 point lead for me. It was all smooth from that point.
Lost against Juve in Supercoppa at the start of the season.
I lost in the first leg of Coppa against Udinese at home, but I didn't regret that until later because that meant no treble.
In Champions League I got the first place in group, but the draw was merciless. Uniteds right away. Won after an amazing secon leg game at Meazza.
In quarter final it got even worse, Real. Dominated them at Meazza, but Morata scored a late equalizer. I went to Madrid thinking there's no point in defending and Icardi scored right away.
The result didn't change until the end, but I missed a lot of sitters and my win had to be more convincing.
In semi final I went 2-0 down at Westfallen within 15 minutes, but after a crazy game it ended 3-5. Added another 3-2 in the second leg to secure the finals.
Before the finals Joao Mario broke his foot on the last Serie A matchday and Icardi got injured in training three days before the final.
Andrea Belotti replaced him and lived up to the expectations. He scored two and secured the CL in a 3-2 win.
Juventus game
United game
Real game
Borussia game
Tottenham game

I started fourth season with two Supercups win and two Serie A wins. I think I'm done with this save because I started messing around with huge transfers and it's not fun anymore.
Current squad

Transfers:

First season transfers
Brought in two fullbacks, Gaya and Danilo, who were both great.
Also bought Perin because Handanović got injured for a couple of months in August.
Offloaded some deadwood.

Second season transfers
The fun has started. Brought in two transfer listed left wingers, Keita and Suarez.
Kranevitter for the starting spot as DM, Mario instead of Danilo whom I sold for a huge profit after just one season.
De Vrij to replace Miranda as a starter and Belotti as a backup striker instead of Jovetić. Berahino was a free transfer just to get some money out of him in January.
Kovačić was supposed to replace Banega and rotate with Mario.
Tonelli and Siqueira were brought in as backups. Lincoln and Caique were loaned out to Fiorentina and Genoa.
Sold underperforming players for some good money and offloaded deadwood that came back from loans.

Third season transfers
Brought in Sanches because even at that price he was a bargain. Payet as a backup left winger.
Inigo nd Kessie as rotation options in their positions.
Sold underpeforming Suarez and Kovačić after one season. Sold Candreva because he started to decline and brought in Berardi on the last day of mercato.

Fourth season transfers
I didn't really need anyone but I bought some DC regen for a huge amount of money, Alonso and Samedo as rotation fullbacks and Verratti just because I could.
Sold some rotation players.

Some of the players after three seasons:

Mauro Icardi
Matias Kranevitter
Joao Mario
Jeison Murillo
Geoffrey Kondogbia
Gabriel Barbosa
Franck Kessie
Assane Gnoukouri
Balde Keita
Stefan De Vrij
Renato Sanches
Angelo Colombo

That Colombo regen is one of the best I've seen in a while. Came out of my own youth system.

Current tactics up for grabs if anyone's interested.

433-.tac

That's it for now, I hope that I helped some of you who will read this. <.<

What was your budget like in your 2nd season? Currently in my 1st season and flying even without Barbosa. Going to shift Melo, Palacio, 2 keepers and the deadwood defenders in the summer although I can't imagine that bringing in major money for a half decent signing 

22 hours ago, burgonHUFC said:

What was your budget like in your 2nd season? Currently in my 1st season and flying even without Barbosa. Going to shift Melo, Palacio, 2 keepers and the deadwood defenders in the summer although I can't imagine that bringing in major money for a half decent signing 

I am really leaking goals playing a 4-3-3 with pretty much the same standard squad but with gaya at lb and sakho at cb instead of Murillo (he got upset about rejecting bids from big clubs and was affecting whole team) - What formation are you using?

I have scored lots of goals but conceded nearly just as much, including two 3-0 losses in 8 games.

Any Advice?

On 3.11.2016 at 20:04, GunmaN1905 said:

Transfers:

First season transfers
Brought in two fullbacks, Gaya and Danilo, who were both great.
Also bought Perin because Handanović got injured for a couple of months in August.
Offloaded some deadwood.

How did you avoid ffp? I'm in January transfer window and projected a loss of €30M without any incomig transfers except Jovevitc. I dont want to sell Icardi, he scored 22 goals in 24 appereances. But he's the only valuable player that could be sold for over €30M :(

Hi

Just starting a new save with Inter

Firstly, I assume Danilo and Gaya are harder to get on then they were on the BETA as I have real trouble getting them. Danilo always ends up at United and it's difficult to get enough to fund buying both.

Secondly I looked at your tactics, and I will go either 4-1-2-3 or 4-2-1-3, but would I be better using Mario instead of Medel in the latter, or is that simply too attacking?

On 08/11/2016 at 14:14, abir14 said:

I am really leaking goals playing a 4-3-3 with pretty much the same standard squad but with gaya at lb and sakho at cb instead of Murillo (he got upset about rejecting bids from big clubs and was affecting whole team) - What formation are you using?

I have scored lots of goals but conceded nearly just as much, including two 3-0 losses in 8 games.

Any Advice?

I also leaked goals, don't worry about it I just tried to out score everyone, I played a 4-1-1-3-1 (stick with me) played Medel in DM as a BWM and Mario as a DLP .. Perisic (IF) Banega (AP) Candreva (IF) and Icardi up front. I brought in Dominic Criscito for about £7m before the season and played him and Santon as WB and setting the instructions to look for overlap.

Icardi finished with 51 goals for me and Candreva scored plenty as well. Won Serie A first season and got to the Europa League final and got beat off Man Utd.

Brought in Payet and Berhaino and got rid of the deadwood. Looking forward to season 2, aiming for the CL.

On 09.11.2016. at 16:20, ILuvManUforeva said:

Hi

Just starting a new save with Inter

Firstly, I assume Danilo and Gaya are harder to get on then they were on the BETA as I have real trouble getting them. Danilo always ends up at United and it's difficult to get enough to fund buying both.

Secondly I looked at your tactics, and I will go either 4-1-2-3 or 4-2-1-3, but would I be better using Mario instead of Medel in the latter, or is that simply too attacking?

If you can make it work without a classic DM, then go for it.
I put Medel in the starting lineups on those pictures because from my experience you absolutely need a defensive-minded midfielder against any decent opposition.

As for the transfers, maybe I just got lucky with Danilo, but be sure to offer him key player status.
Idk for Gaya, there was no interest from other clubs in the beta.

I've started my annual save, with initial transfers turned off as usual.

I really like the look of Eloge Yao, Zinho Vanhuesden (spelling might be a little off on that one) and Andrea Pinamonti along with a couple of others and I've been trying to give them a bit of game time here and there. With the lack of budgets, the only player I've brought in is the return of Maicon on a free transfer just as a bit of back up on the right hand side of the pitch.

I tend to favour a possession approach, so I have two tactics set to that, with one "panic-mode" tactic which is just focused on fast, attacking play if I need a late goal.

I tend to like up like this

Icardi (AF)
	Perisic (W[s])                                                    Gabriel (IF[A])
	                         Brozovic (CM[S])       Joao Mario (RPM[s])
	                                       Medel (DM[d])
	Santon (WB[s])           Murillo (CB)             Ranocchia (CB)     D'Ambrosio [CBW(a)]
	                                     Handanovic [GK]

Does anyone have any tips on how to get Candreva playing well? Never seems to manage a good rating in my current set up (playing out wide).

Currently 2nd in a very tight league after 6 games (3 points separate the top 10). Drew Spartak Moscow, Steaua Bucharest and Aberdeen in my Europea League group; beating Spartak in Moscow 2-1 and have Steaua in my next match at home - happy with how it's going so far!

18 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

If you can make it work without a classic DM, then go for it.
I put Medel in the starting lineups on those pictures because from my experience you absolutely need a defensive-minded midfielder against any decent opposition.

As for the transfers, maybe I just got lucky with Danilo, but be sure to offer him key player status.
Idk for Gaya, there was no interest from other clubs in the beta.

Thanks for the advice. Realistically I guess it's a choice between Banega and Mario then.

1 hour ago, ILuvManUforeva said:

Thanks for the advice. Realistically I guess it's a choice between Banega and Mario then.

As you can see I sold Banega after the first season because he didn't performa and was 29 already. I guess I prefer more complete midfielders. Banega is useless in defense and his physical attributes are average at best. I think he'd be great in AMC position, tho.

How much did you get for Banega @GunmaN1905? He's not played much for me, I play with 3 in midfield and prefer Joao Mario - Brozovic and then one of Kondogbia, Medel or Melo for balance. 

Joao Mario started off slow for me but currently in March and he's really hitting his stride, quite a few assists and important goals recently. I rejected a £78m bid for Icardi from Man City in January after he scored 15 goals in his first 14 games and I thought he was irreplaceable, however since then his forms dipped and injuries have hit and he's now got 16 from 22 and list his place (at least for now) to Eder who after doing nothing all season has now suddenly scored 9 in his last 6 games. If someone comes in with a similar offer for Icardi I'll definitely consider it more this time.

Impressive! The most I seem to be able to get for him is around £25m, might keep him for a year and perhaps look to sell in January if he doesn't settle down and improve.

I've just finished my first season - I play with first-window transfers disabled but in January I bought Mario Balotelli (£12m) and Maicon (£free) back, and Jovetic joined on a permanent deal. I sold Biabiany (£5m) and Miranda (£6.5m).

Serie A - 2nd with 81 points (Juve 1st with 90 points, A.C. 3rd with 73). 

Europa League - Knocked out in the 1/4 final to eventual winners Southampton. Medel got sent off 5 minutes into the first leg which really ended the tie.

Coppa Italia - Lost in the final to A.C. 4-3. Disappointing really. 

--

All in all, not a bad season - managed to introduce a few youngsters to the team, namely; Pinamonti, Eboko, Davide Merola (VERY impressed by him, has anyone else noticed his stats?), Vanheusden, Bettella. Miangue and Eloge Yao all made their debuts. Special mention to Fedorico Dimarco who starts on loan to Empoli - he had a great season and could actually be my back up left back for next season. Quite a few good youngsters in the March intake so they'll be getting game time next season.

Icardi wants to leave (wanted to go in January but backed down when I promised a trophy, unfortunately I couldn't deliver that) so I'll be trying to sell him for £70m+, most of the top-6 PL teams are interested. I'll be bringing in Torino's Andrea Belotti as a replacement if/when he's sold. I also want to sell Nagatomo, Medel and a couple of others just to bring the squad size down to give more room for the youngsters. Second priority after Belotti will be a top-class centre back, preferably Italian. Any ideas?

Is anyone use Benassi, Crisetig, and Bonazzoli? I want to bring back home ground players and make Inter with a lot of Italian players. Hehehe

Just finished my first season. Play with first window transfers disabled. 

January bought : Matteo Bianchetti (€3M), Armando Izzo (€12,5M), Jovetic joined permanent. Also sold : Melo (€425K), Biabiany (€9M), Miranda (€12,25M), Medel (€13M), Carrizo (€425K).

Won Serie A with 91 points, Won Coppa Italia (beat Lazio 4-1), Lost in quarter final europa league by Leicester City (3-3 (away goal))

Icardi scored 51 goals in 48 apps, become top goalscorer Serie A with 38 goals in 36 apps.

I've not had any problems with it @abir14.

--

Just started Season 2, playing a 3-5-1-1 and it's going quite well. Squad looks a fair amount different now. Major sales have been; Icardi (to Man Utd for £62m rising to £77m) Miranda (£6.5m to Man Utd), Medel (Quanjian £12.75m), Caner Erkin (Bordeaux £6.5m), whilst Palacio and Maicon have retired.

I've kept my spending relatively thrifty, brought in Andrea Belotti from relegated Torino for £14m (rising to £22m if her performs well) as an Icardi replacement and I would urge everyone to have a look at him, looks a great player, Pepe on a free transfer from Real Madrid to give us some experience after Miranda left last January, a young newgen from Albinoleffe for £20k who looks like he has potential. I've also brought two players back to the club; Matteo Bianchetti from Bournemouth for £4.4m to provide cover in defence and help with the HG limits, and Alfred Duncan for £16m rising to £19m with performances to add some steel to our midfield.

On 21.11.2016 at 13:52, abir14 said:

How have you guys gone about the FFP? Im currently in December 2016 and have projected loss of 20 mill?

I know I got a message saying the board will pump money in but just wanted to ask did everyone pass FFP?

if you keep your wage and transfer budget in balance nothing happened for me

had the same issue about ffp in winter 2016

On 8.11.2016 at 23:41, volldergeier said:

How did you avoid ffp? I'm in January transfer window and projected a loss of €30M without any incomig transfers except Jovevitc. I dont want to sell Icardi, he scored 22 goals in 24 appereances. But he's the only valuable player that could be sold for over €30M :(

I keep scouting and occasionally declaring an interest - however A.C. have been roughly as successful as I have (I finished 2nd they were 3rd in the league 1st season - they beat me in the Coppa Italia final) so no luck yet. Hopefully they have a disastrous season and he wants a move, but outside of that I think it'll be very tough to lure him away.

How could you Buy Danilo in the first season?? I tried this also and I wouldn't have been able to use him until the following season.

I'm going into my 5th season now.

First season I finished 2nd and won the cup. Ko'd of Europa in the group stages.

Second season, 3rd, Ko'd first round of the cup and finished bottom of champions league group.

Third season, 2nd, Quarters of the cup, Final of Champions League,

Fourth, 2nd but only 3 points behind Juve (closest ive got to them) lost in final of the cup and lost semi final of champs league.

Fifth season, Won the Italian super cup on penos and Just kicked off the season with a 1-0 win over Fiorentina away.

When I first began I sold a lot of the squad including, Perisic,Brozovic,Rannocchia,Biabiany,Palacio,Nagatomo,D'ambrosio and Melo.

I brought in Gaya and Nacho(Real Madrid) two quality full backs. Nacho could play anywhere across the back.

I'll elaborate more later if ye are interested as I am in work and cant remember all the details..

Can't recall was it one or two seasons I got out of Icardi, but he did leave for 50m to Man City.

I sold Gaya and Nacho after one season for 40+m and 25 respectively  and Icardi for 50m, Mario after 3rd season for 40m, Candreva and Banega after season 1 for big money also.

I have Aguero,Andre Gomes,Inigo Martinez, Ruben Duarte,Camacho,Robbie Brady (signed him season one,still here, hes been fantastic) Januzaj, Bruma(winger from Galatasray), Cabellos(real betis midfielder) Joao Cancelo, Jerry St Juste( could sell him for big money now as he is a world class centre back) and Ederson(keeper) to name a good chunk of my squad. Oh and how could I forget Gabigol, what a player he has been. A few of the u20s from when I first began are starting to break into my squad now Dimarco( after season 2 became a regular) and Pinamontti(had a good loan spell at Sassullo after season 3)

Hopefully now after 4 seasons I can finally win my first title!!!

Forza Inter.

• 2 weeks later...

He did say he started the save on the beta version, might`ve been a bug or a glitch which has been since fixed, but each Italian team has a quota of non-EU players signed from abroad per season, it`s been like this for ages, the good thing now is you get a warning saying you won`t be able to use the player, on FM11 I got a brilliant Brazilian MC for my Fiorentina side for +30M and couldn`t use him for a whole season because I had already signed 2 non-EU players, and I got no warning message throughout the transfer. 

• 4 weeks later...

I love managing this inter team more than my loved club Arsenal in fact! Because the youth players are so much better. The winning average squad age for 3 Seasons in fact is only 24.

into my 4th season ardy and still loving it (Arsenal also into 4th season) won almost everything domestic and continental, in fact breaking records along the way. Juventus and Roma is on decline. Only Milan and Napoli threatens, along with Atalanta and Palermo.

formation is 4-1-2-3 (more 4-1-4-1 DM wide) with emphasis only on DIRECT / counter attacking No retaining possession. Due to the excellent midfielders and ICARDI. My average possession is only ard 45% 

Sharing some transfers that helped me out:

First season 16/17 (left/right backs are concern)

IN-  passlack (15m) first choice right back

Vlasic (6m) bought didn't use coz no place for Advanced PM, tired training to left winger

ruben (15m) will make up the important 4/5 midfielders to come 

Depay (33m) glamour player for that left inside forward role, always score spectular goals!

jovetic (12.5m) pre arranged signing zzz

lucas (17.5m) great back-up

Major Outs - melo (1m), palacio(850k), yuto(8.25m), biabiany(12m) thanks Swansea, ranocchia(5m), carrizo(550k), andreolli(5m), banega(31m) BIG thanks to Man U ha!!!

second season 17/18 (dimarco is back from loan!!! Yes!!)

IN - rugani(28.5m) MUST buy coz inter pride of Italy lol and he is the ball playing defender for my direct play

berardi(22.5m) for my right wing spot and back up striker in case icardi injure and Italian of course!

ederson(30m) basically I like a young goal keeper to keep my age squad young

matic(12.25m) basically bought him for his height coz medel is short lol 

OUT - candreva (14m), danilo (6m), Miranda(3m), along with other pre arranged board transfers

3rd season 18/19

IN - Lamela (14.5m) great back up for my left/right wings

bazoer(15m) making up my excellent midfield trios

jorge(12m) great left back

colidio(5m) bought and loan out due to EU rules

Major OUTS medel(14.25m) thanks PSG, jovetic(14.25m) thanks sociedad, samir(10.25m) thanks waford! Ansaldi(4.5m)

and lastly my starting fourth season 

only pjaca(35m) **** a bit high price but add to my croatia players 

melegoni (11m) just see if I can develop 

out - Matic (13.5m) great re sale and I just wanted to keep age young since I have baozer ardy.

All in All

the mid field of kond(bW) joao (apm)/ brozovic(best b2b mid) performs great!!! Must keep. They are the reasons why goals are score. Great goals believe me are score even without keeping possession I tired a lot with Arsenal so I know. The direct style suits more with the inter players I have. Perisic at left inside forward is class but at 4th season, he is my oldest player. 

Youth players zinho, emmers, assane, Yao, pinamonti, also have their chances either loaned out or subs

nothing to worry on home grown as a lot of players will come up- This I said will be better than Arsenal 

Enjoy inter! 

And hope they will turn out to be a force in real time! 

On 6.1.2017 at 02:29, Kunny81 said:

I love managing this inter team more than my loved club Arsenal in fact! Because the youth players are so much better. The winning average squad age for 3 Seasons in fact is only 24.

into my 4th season ardy and still loving it (Arsenal also into 4th season) won almost everything domestic and continental, in fact breaking records along the way. Juventus and Roma is on decline. Only Milan and Napoli threatens, along with Atalanta and Palermo.

formation is 4-1-2-3 (more 4-1-4-1 DM wide) with emphasis only on DIRECT / counter attacking No retaining possession. Due to the excellent midfielders and ICARDI. My average possession is only ard 45% 

Sharing some transfers that helped me out:

First season 16/17 (left/right backs are concern)

IN-  passlack (15m) first choice right back

Vlasic (6m) bought didn't use coz no place for Advanced PM, tired training to left winger

ruben (15m) will make up the important 4/5 midfielders to come 

Depay (33m) glamour player for that left inside forward role, always score spectular goals!

jovetic (12.5m) pre arranged signing zzz

lucas (17.5m) great back-up

Major Outs - melo (1m), palacio(850k), yuto(8.25m), biabiany(12m) thanks Swansea, ranocchia(5m), carrizo(550k), andreolli(5m), banega(31m) BIG thanks to Man U ha!!!

second season 17/18 (dimarco is back from loan!!! Yes!!)

IN - rugani(28.5m) MUST buy coz inter pride of Italy lol and he is the ball playing defender for my direct play

berardi(22.5m) for my right wing spot and back up striker in case icardi injure and Italian of course!

ederson(30m) basically I like a young goal keeper to keep my age squad young

matic(12.25m) basically bought him for his height coz medel is short lol 

OUT - candreva (14m), danilo (6m), Miranda(3m), along with other pre arranged board transfers

3rd season 18/19

IN - Lamela (14.5m) great back up for my left/right wings

bazoer(15m) making up my excellent midfield trios

jorge(12m) great left back

colidio(5m) bought and loan out due to EU rules

Major OUTS medel(14.25m) thanks PSG, jovetic(14.25m) thanks sociedad, samir(10.25m) thanks waford! Ansaldi(4.5m)

and lastly my starting fourth season 

only pjaca(35m) **** a bit high price but add to my croatia players 

melegoni (11m) just see if I can develop 

out - Matic (13.5m) great re sale and I just wanted to keep age young since I have baozer ardy.

All in All

the mid field of kond(bW) joao (apm)/ brozovic(best b2b mid) performs great!!! Must keep. They are the reasons why goals are score. Great goals believe me are score even without keeping possession I tired a lot with Arsenal so I know. The direct style suits more with the inter players I have. Perisic at left inside forward is class but at 4th season, he is my oldest player. 

Youth players zinho, emmers, assane, Yao, pinamonti, also have their chances either loaned out or subs

nothing to worry on home grown as a lot of players will come up- This I said will be better than Arsenal 

Enjoy inter! 

And hope they will turn out to be a force in real time! 

May you post your tactics in this thread? i find it difficult to score with Inter with a possession tactic after the 17.2 update. 

4-1-2-3 DM wide base formation after applying best positions for players - 4-1-4-1 DM wide

G-De, FB-At, CD-De, BPD-De, FB-At

BWM-Su

BBM-Su, AP-Su

IF-Su, AF-At, IF-Su

Team Shape-

Control, Flexible, Tempo-3/4, Width-Balanced, 

Defence-

Defensive Line-Slightly Higher, Use Offside Trap, Closing Down-More, Prevent GK

Build-Up-

Clear Ball to BOTH Flanks, Exploit BOTH Flanks, Pass Into Space, More Direct Passing, NO Retain Possession, 

Attack-

Look for Overlap and Run at Defence

Individually- The defenders are instruct to pass shorter 

Season (20/21) - Just sold Joao Maria for £80M to PSG and bought in Dalot (20M) and Saul (23M), Joao and Saul stats are amazing similar just that now I have better heading.

Time to find Regen players before transfer Window ends! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

In my first season at Inter and I need some transfer advice. We're 3 points clear of Juve in first place and in January and Origi, Asensio and Biglia just joined. Also Lovre Kalinic as a backup keeper and Kovacic on loan. I bought De Vrij, Willems and Mallo in the summer. I need some tips for the upcoming summer. Overall, my squad is pretty strong. Still, since we'll most likely be in the UCL next season, so I want another striker up top to take the load off of Icardi and Origi, who I just signed. I could also go for a left winger to compete with Perisic. Midfield and defensive cover would be nice and I'm starting to think about a new 'keeper to eventually replace Handanovic. I'm anticipating a budget of about 50 million pounds.

Just finished my first season, which ended with a 3rd place in Serie A. Juventus and Napoli were just too strong. Knocked out of the Cup in the quarterfinals to Roma.

Leading up to the second season, I've signed Hulk (£8 million) and Mehdi Benatia (£11 million), both of whom were transfer listed. Hopefully the second season will end in a trophy or two.

I am playing as Inter right now. I find it so hard... they don't play good at all. I'm using a 4-3-3 with Belloti up. What a disaster of a player he is. My god. 6.54 average 20 games with 10 goals. Absolute ****. I am fining him every week. At least i keep some money. I am planning in the summer to get rid of him. 

I finished second in my first season, and i could have won it so easy, but had a terrible end of the league. last 3 games, 1 point. Now i'm second again with my team playing like ****. Finding so hard to score goals, mainly because of idiotic Belotti, but i can't find the rythm at all. Finished 3rd in CL group with 1 win and 1 draw, absolute disaster. I'm in the final of Copa against Juventus(probably getting raped too).

Sold almost all the initial team, crybabies. Icardi sold to Liverpool for 56 milions. Joao Mario to PSG for 60, Murillo to  Man utd for 55. Sold Miranda in the middle of the season(lol) back to Santos. Had to play the last games with an defense made of Rannochia and Murillo. 

2.jpg

1.jpg

Well, to begin with, I would never sell Icardi, he`s one of the best finishers in the game. Neither would I swap Zielinksi for Joao Mario for the same money, and I`d have kept Gabriel Barbosa aswell. Belotti is a good striker, but nowhere near Icardi imo, you`re guaranteed 30+ goals per season for Icardi once you get him to fit your system. Also, I`d play Brozovic in the MC strata, either as Box-to-box midfielder, either as DLP (s), that`s where I`ve used him and he was my 3rd goalscorer (as box-to-box) and had the 4th best average rating in the squad. 

As for tactics, even if I`m not a tactical guru,  isn`t there any other role that suits Belotti? Without an AMC behind him, he`ll end up being isolated up fron with an AF role, and there`s little supply for him from the way you`ve set your team. 

Unfortunately i promised him that we would win silverware,. I hoped at least Copa i will win it, but got eliminated in the semis by Sassuolo. In Uefa got eliminated same in the semis by Man utd(0-0/1-0). So he got angry and i decided to cash in for him. Boy if i would know how bad Belotti is i would have kept him.

In third season i won my first silverware with Inter. I won the SuperCopa against Juve. Smashed them 3-1. I changed style on a more direct, fast football style, Had some miserable friendlies, but in the game against Juve the team played very well.

Got rid of Belotti(hope he breaks his leg) to WBA, Munian and Dembele(**** player too). Bought Origi, Horta and Bittencourt. Plus a winger from Lyon. I hope i can make them play something, Oh, and i sent packing Handanovic too. 89k/week salary lol. Very bad on aerial, decent stats, nothing special. 

Regarding the tactics, yes you are right. I played Bozovici as BBM mid and Kondogbia as DM. The problem is that the BBM is bombing forward and loses the ball fast to first player he meets. same for IF. I don't like them at all. They cut inside and shoot the ball. That's why i sold Barbosa. Useless IF, all he was doing shooting like crazy from every single position.

Changed to a CM with attacking mentality, so he moves between the 2 wingers to connect with them or forward. I don't know how this Belloti guy works, but i am assuming he could work with a partner up front.

I play a similar tactic to you Muerte - finished 2nd in the first season, lost in the Coppa final to A.C. Milan and possibly reached the semi's of the Europa League... can't remember. I also sold Icardi (£80m ish to Utd - I promised silverware and couldn't deliver) but kept almost everyone else and I also bought Belotti who had a great season at Torino who got relegated. 

Currently playing:

Belotti (AF(A))

Perisic (W(s))                                                               Candreva (W(a))

Joao (ap(s)) Brozovic (cm(s))

Alfred Duncan (DM(d))

Di Marco (Wb(A) - Pepe (CB(d)) - Murillo (CB(d)) - D'Ambrosio (WB(s))

Handanovic

Candreva had a decent first season but really kicked in to gear the last two months. I actually rejected a £40m bid from Spurs for him on the summer deadline day for the second season. Just about to sell him for £25m to Barca in January and replace him with Felipe Anderson for the same money (transfer listed). 

As you can see, no major signings from me - Pepe came in on a free and has been incredible at the back, I can''t recommend him enough. Alfred Duncan came back to boost the Home Grown numbers and is an absolute tank in the midfield. Di Marco has been solid and is keeping Nagatomo out of the side. Perisic is a goal machine on the left, keeping Jovetic out.  Belotti is definitely a form player, he'll go 5/6 games without scoring for me then will hit 5 in 5 games, but I'm pretty happy with him so far - he's on about the same number of goals as Icardi was and moans a lot less.

Currently 4th behind Juve, Napoli and A.C. with Roma just behind me half way through season 2, all of the top teams have been really consistent this year so it'll be an interesting race for the CL spots.

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't played at all in a couple of months, started a new Inter save last night.

Gagliardini looks like he has a lot of potential. Brozović and Perišić were updated a bit, the rest looks pretty much the same.
Mario has been changed to AM natural position.

Since I had no success with 4-2-3-1 I'm gonna try that again now that the midfield is perfectly suited for the formation.

EDIT:

Quick update, so far so good. Really pleased with defensive efforts.

Same player instructions from 4-3-3 tactics I uploaded earlier, I just got rid of most team instructions. Works pretty well.

4IjIUIl.png

15 hours ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Haven't played at all in a couple of months, started a new Inter save last night.

Gagliardini looks like he has a lot of potential. Brozović and Perišić were updated a bit, the rest looks pretty much the same.
Mario has been changed to AM natural position.

Since I had no success with 4-2-3-1 I'm gonna try that again now that the midfield is perfectly suited for the formation.

EDIT:

Quick update, so far so good. Really pleased with defensive efforts.

Same player instructions from 4-3-3 tactics I uploaded earlier, I just got rid of most team instructions. Works pretty well.

4IjIUIl.png

That looks impressive.

Can you provide the FMF file?

Archived