FM17: Arsenal

llama3

41 minutes ago, WillyBroadband said:

Welbeck has been awful at City since I sold him and Pep has just been sacked. 

Hendrichs at Leverkusen? He's great man, I had a cracking Leverkusen save on FM16. 

Managed to get Juve & City to bid for Welbeck, went to Juve for a shocking 35mil! Lovely jubly :)

Yeah, Hendrichs from Leverkusen. Was going to go for him at end of season and loan him out for following season, but with Nacho wanting to leave, Gibbs been long term injured it forced my hand. I was willing to pay some decent money for a left back and he was highly rated. Annoyingly, right after I signed him my HoYD (who I let buy my youth players) signed Sessegnon from Fulham for 2.3 (rising upto 6.25)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'm going to be sacked soon.

Overall P20 W9-D6-L5 so far. I just can't score goals. I got like 20+ shots every game, often enough even 5-10 on target, but have only scored 28 goals in all competitions (10 in 3 games, 18 in the rest of 17 games...).

17 minutes ago, gholliday87 said:

Managed to get Juve & City to bid for Welbeck, went to Juve for a shocking 35mil! Lovely jubly :)

Yeah, Hendrichs from Leverkusen. Was going to go for him at end of season and loan him out for following season, but with Nacho wanting to leave, Gibbs been long term injured it forced my hand. I was willing to pay some decent money for a left back and he was highly rated. Annoyingly, right after I signed him my HoYD (who I let buy my youth players) signed Sessegnon from Fulham for 2.3 (rising upto 6.25)

Wow, well done on getting £35M! 

I signed Matt Targett from Southampton for £11M, he'll eventually take over from Nacho I reckon. Nacho has been outstanding for me. 

@WillyBroadband Excellent on the promotion of Nelson!

I must admit, with Welbz I was offering him out to clubs every other day, went as low as 20 mil, that got the ball rolling and as soon as Juve offered that amount I bit their hands off!

Still thinking about sorting out my CM troubles...I think at the end of the season Coq is gone, but I don't know who else to get rid of...I like Elneny & Xhaka, but they aren't covering themselves in glory, Rambo has been disappointing. I've got Carlos Soler from Valencia who's developing into a tidy BBM

47 minutes ago, gholliday87 said:

@WillyBroadband Excellent on the promotion of Nelson!

I must admit, with Welbz I was offering him out to clubs every other day, went as low as 20 mil, that got the ball rolling and as soon as Juve offered that amount I bit their hands off!

Still thinking about sorting out my CM troubles...I think at the end of the season Coq is gone, but I don't know who else to get rid of...I like Elneny & Xhaka, but they aren't covering themselves in glory, Rambo has been disappointing. I've got Carlos Soler from Valencia who's developing into a tidy BBM

I feel exactly the same re CM troubles, man. I got Bentancur from Boca who is developing nicely but still only 19. Been eyeing up Oscar from Chelsea too as he's transfer listed. Also, it looks like Everton will get relegated so would be silly not to try & sign Barkley & Lukaku. 

What tactics are you using? 

I'm 2nd with a game to go, with S*urs 1 point behind. I'm on course for repeating '93's double cup win too which would be good.

4-2-3-1

My 2 CM's tend to play as a DLP (S) & a CM or BBM...I also got Bentancur, currently on loan at Middlesbrough. He's doing well enough, not setting the world alight, but been solid.

For the first time in a while, I've not got any long term transfer targets yet.

Just signed Andre Silva for 17 mill, i will let you know how he does :)

2 hours ago, WillyBroadband said:

Hey man, annoyingly I got Rajković back from his loan and the option to apply for a Work Permit has disappeared?! Very odd, did that happen to you? 

Not yet, i have him out on loan still

Has any one kept Wilshere after his loan ends?

4 hours ago, WillyBroadband said:

So this is the formation that I used to get 2nd place in the league and a double cup win (also semi of CL) 

Not that dissimilar to real life really. Not much to change except my centre mid issues. 

Screen Shot 2016-11-12 at 10.45.01.png

I like the approach there, how many goals did you get using that formation?

How good is Gibbs?

he is set free by the gunners at the end of second season, and i'm looking for a cheap left back (playing as everton)

His attributes are really good tbh, so is his scouting report. 

He is 29, aiming to play him for 2 seasons at most. 

What do you guys think, will he do the job (his alternative will be Tierney)

1 hour ago, CapaJr said:

How good is Gibbs?

he is set free by the gunners at the end of second season, and i'm looking for a cheap left back (playing as everton)

He is pretty good, not the best out there but for a free transfer you have a consistently decent Left back

Just started my third season. First I came third, second I won by a good margin. Lucas did really well for me the first season as a false nine. 

Players bought first season: Danilo 8.79m, Burke 13m, Dolberg 17m

Second season: Dybala 67m, Rugani, 25m, Oblak 25m, Gylfi Sigurdsson 17m,

Third season: Malcom 23,5 (looks like a stellar talent), Thiago Maia 13m, jose gaya 16m

Sold: Gabriel Paulista 18m, ospina 7,25m, cazorla 10m, check 10,25m, campell 8,5m, gibbs 7m, lucas 10m, Welbeck 22m, walcott 15m, eleny 22m.

8 minutes ago, Ventricity said:

Just started my third season. First I came third, second I won by a good margin. Lucas did really well for me the first season as a false nine. 

Players bought first season: Danilo 8.79m, Burke 13m, Dolberg 17m

Second season: Dybala 67m, Rugani, 25m, Oblak 25m, Gylfi Sigurdsson 17m,

Third season: Malcom 23,5 (looks like a stellar talent), Thiago Maia 13m, jose gaya 16m

Sold: Gabriel Paulista 18m, ospina 7,25m, cazorla 10m, check 10,25m, campell 8,5m, gibbs 7m, lucas 10m, Welbeck 22m, walcott 15m, eleny 22m.

Great deals buddy congrats!

if you dont mind me asking, how did gibbs generally played when you gave him the chance?

Francis conquein has full rating when i view his profile playing as bwm defend cm position

when i place him into tactics screen he doesnt get full rating when playing bwm defend cm position. He gets full rating if i put his duty as support. Is it a glitch or am i doing something wrong?

Tried re-creating my final tactic from FM16 (if anyone wants to have a look there's a link here: http://dailycannon.com/2016/10/how-to-make-wengerball-invincible-on-football-manager/)

Its basically attempting to replicate and improve what we are playing this season.

On FM17 I was winning with it early in season 1, but wasn't happy with the fluidity and counter attacking and chance creation. I wasn't sure what to do, so changed Alexis from a F9 to a Defensive Forward (Support) as the first part of tweaking. Beat top of the table Chelsea 9-0!! And the team played great stuff....

18 hours ago, Kazeria said:

Has any one kept Wilshere after his loan ends?

I like the approach there, how many goals did you get using that formation?

127 in 62 games in total from first season. Pretty good, highest scoring in the league, too. Crucially only let in 41.Screen Shot 2016-11-13 at 10.00.49.png

I sold Wilshere to Sevilla for £9.5M. Also sold Szczęsny to Bournemouth for £15M. Glad to get them both off the wage bill tbh (although I like them IRL)

26 minutes ago, JBC#1 said:

Why anyone would get rid of Cech is beyond me...

Superb goalkeeper, superb tutor, could be a great coach, why not keep him until his contract expires?

I agree but he was starting to make more mistakes nearer the end of my first season, I'll still keep him though. So consistent generally. 

1 hour ago, yorkie87 said:

Had a little tester with the beta. Now I'm starting again as the full release is out. Bit of a predicament with the striker situation. Don't really fancy giroud or Lucas. Have people signed a striker or used these two for a while? If so what roles?

I played mainly Giroud up top on his own as a CF/Support and he scored 30 in 36(5) in all comps. I signed André Silva from Porto in the January window and he scored 12 in 10(8) all comps. Lucas I played a mixture of CF & AML/IF and AMR/IF and he got 9 in 14(11). 

17 hours ago, CapaJr said:

How good is Gibbs?

I'm a big fan of Gibbs in the game, man. He has always played well for me and I've signed him for other clubs too. 

Check out my screenshot to see how he did overall. I would recommend him, especially on a free. I actually renewed his contract for an extra 2 years. 

Screen Shot 2016-11-13 at 10.07.29.png

16 hours ago, CapaJr said:

Great deals buddy congrats!

if you dont mind me asking, how did gibbs generally played when you gave him the chance?

Gibbs played well for me for two seasons before I replaced him with Gaya. But Gibbs is slightly injury prone, but a great rotation player for me. Another option you should look at is Jetro Willems, - i got him for cheap after first season.

2 hours ago, JBC#1 said:

Why anyone would get rid of Cech is beyond me...

Superb goalkeeper, superb tutor, could be a great coach, why not keep him until his contract expires?

His stats, especially his physical stats, goes down the drain after the first season. He doesn't justify his salaries then. Mainly his speed is detoriating fast.  But maybe speed is not as important as I think? I think for golekeepers acc and pace of over 6 is the minimum in my opinion. I recommend Oblak or Rulli as replacements.

1 hour ago, gholliday87 said:

Ramsey - 21(6) apps - Scored ZERO - Assists ZERO...Good bye kind sir. Still only in March as well.

central midfielders in general does not do very well in this game. Their ratings usually are much lower than the rest. I'm happy with Ramsey for me. He had a rating of 7.14, scored 4 assist 2. Not very well, but for me that is as good as any of my other midfielders. I play him either as a box to box or a deep laying midfielder with defend duty, in a fluid system. He has been my best midfielder alongside Xhaka (who has scored and assisted even less).

On 11/11/2016 at 10:36, gandrasch said:

I think I'm going to be sacked soon.

Overall P20 W9-D6-L5 so far. I just can't score goals. I got like 20+ shots every game, often enough even 5-10 on target, but have only scored 28 goals in all competitions (10 in 3 games, 18 in the rest of 17 games...).

I have the same issue - drawing far too many games despite being on top for the majority.

8 hours ago, gholliday87 said:

Ramsey - 21(6) apps - Scored ZERO - Assists ZERO...Good bye kind sir. Still only in March as well.

Wow man, that is bad. I'm contemplating it as well. 

Just signed Lemar from Monaco, another favourite from FM16. I know it can be boring sometimes, always signing the same players but I like to think I would probably do that IRL too. 

7 hours ago, Kazeria said:

Cech needs competition and a potential replacement at the end of the first season, he starts making errors then and the beginning of my second season was a bit rough from him.

I agree, just wish Rajković could get a work permit. He would be straight in there otherwise. 

45 minutes ago, WillyBroadband said:

Just signed Lemar from Monaco, another favourite from FM16. I know it can be boring sometimes, always signing the same players but I like to think I would probably do that IRL too. 

I'll look into him...My CM is causing much issues. I've sold a fair few people, so I expect to have a decent war chest to get some top quality talent in next season...I'd expect to sell at least 2, maybe 3 or 4 of my CM's, Giroud wants to leave also, as Dybala is keeping him out of the team.

1 hour ago, yorkie87 said:

46mil for lukaku. Thoughts?

I have been first playing as Everton all my FM games, and i'm atm continuing that tradition, and i must very clearly say Lukaku is definitely not as good as he was in the previous version.

Yes, he will still perform above 7.00 average

Yes, he will at least score 15 goals a season.

But in the previous versions, Lukaku was so good that even though when a monster-like regen comes out, you couldn't sell Lukaku, he was that good! 

scoring 30 goals every season, etc.. etc.. 

In this year's version, his finishing doesn't get any better than 15, and first touch doesn't improve from 13, so if you ask me, thats a bit much for this years Lukaku. 

2 hours ago, yorkie87 said:

46mil for lukaku. Thoughts?

In my save Everton were relegated first season so he went for about £30M due to a relegation clause. 

André Silva, dude, cannot recommend enough, can probably play nearly all if not all the ST roles and cost me £28M from Porto. 

4 hours ago, WillyBroadband said:

Ramsey is a midfield machine, not a scorer, at least anymore. 

Xhaka is almost similar to Joey Barton in my game, Debuchy as well, constant yellow cards and red cards, yes I am playing a get stuck in instruction, but even my two CB are not getting red carded. Out of the Emirates for those two

8 hours ago, WillyBroadband said:

In my save Everton were relegated first season so he went for about £30M due to a relegation clause. 

André Silva, dude, cannot recommend enough, can probably play nearly all if not all the ST roles and cost me £28M from Porto. 

I'm a huge Silva fan too, 9 goals from his first 10 starts for me, and he is nowhere near close to his full potential 

I had to restart, because I drew like 12 games in a row, got only 3rd in my fairly easy CL group and was sacked. Now my youngsters are even worse than in the save before, except for Nelson :( 

I got Martial for about 60m € and he's just so good. It's quite easy to snap players from ManU this year. 

But then just as the season started Alexis, Iwobi and Martial all injured themselves and were ruled out for 4 to 8 weeks. Also most of my players are unhappy. I promised Danilo I will strengthen upfront, but it looks like Martial isn't good enough for him?!? And the rest complains because I rotate quite regularly and they don't get as much game as they think they would deserve.

Ah and I just can't score goals. I'm already thinking about skipping this years FM...

20161113234617_1.jpg

11 hours ago, aditya said:

Ramsey is a midfield machine, not a scorer, at least anymore. 

Xhaka is almost similar to Joey Barton in my game, Debuchy as well, constant yellow cards and red cards, yes I am playing a get stuck in instruction, but even my two CB are not getting red carded. Out of the Emirates for those two

I'm going to stick with Ramsey, thinking about playing him as BBM the entire season. See how that goes. 

2 minutes ago, WillyBroadband said:

Just starting my 2nd season and I have Gibbs, Giroud, Ospina & Mertesacker all in their last year of their contracts. Not sure who to keep, really. 

Giroud wanted 200k a week to stay with me...Needless to say that ain't going to happen. I'd keep Mert if you can get him on decent wages as he's a good tutor. I've sold Ospina and Gibbs is back up, but getting annoyed the he isn't playing much so I may have to off load him at season end.

34 minutes ago, gholliday87 said:

Giroud wanted 200k a week to stay with me...Needless to say that ain't going to happen. I'd keep Mert if you can get him on decent wages as he's a good tutor. I've sold Ospina and Gibbs is back up, but getting annoyed the he isn't playing much so I may have to off load him at season end.

I already got Mert/BFG down from £90K to £60K so if I can do that again, brilliant. May get rid of Giroud if he's after that much.

Archived