FM17: Arsenal

llama3

I also needed to restart, but that was due to me getting carried away with buying players that don't comply with the home grown rules.

This time round Giroud is a beast, 23 goals by January, Ramsey is awful again and Paulista bought a one way ticket to dumpsville.

i picked up Ayoze Perez for 8.5 million at the start and he has been a fantastic fall back guy for Ozil and upfront as a Treq.

i had a few games without goals and tinkered with my positional roles, having cazorla as an Adv Playmaker with support and Xhaka as a deeplying support has really helped boost goals.

The main issue I had was Cech, Opina and Martinez all getting injured for the first three fixtures of the season. Svilar did great ?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Noticed a weird thing on my save.. 

Isaac Hayden has a transfer clause where Arsenal get £750K after Newcastle get promoted, they won the Championship with ease and are now in the Prem but I've not received the £750K and its still in my clauses?! Very odd. No biggie at all as don't need it, just wanted to point it out. 

Trying something a little different for my 2nd season, ditching wingers and going for a 4-3-2-1.

What do you reckon? I have so many players who can fit it, I thought I'd give it a go. Retrained The Ox so he can play AMC and he scored 4 in a friendly (against a minnow but still cool) 

Screen Shot 2016-11-14 at 14.27.33.png

3 minutes ago, gholliday87 said:

After 26(7) games, Ramsey has finally managed to bag an assist...Still waiting that elusive first goal though!

Haha, wow. I'm going to play him on the right of a middle 3 as an AP/Sup and fingers crossed it'll suit him better. 

I have played without a budget on the first transfer window to make the game a more realistic starting point.

In keeping with the current Arsenal set-up I'm playing with Alexis as a False 9, Ozil as a Trequartista flanked by two inside forwards on support duty.

I have an individual position instruction for Giroud as Target Man (which I find increases the number of long/direct passes by the whole team in general) who I bring on to either change things up when necessary or to see out a lead.  However Due to injuries to both Walcott and The Ox I've had to move Alexis an Inside Forward (Individual instruction for Attack Duty) so Giroud is now my main man and top goalscorer.

Current top of the league by 10 points at Christmas...

My first transfer window is arriving and I'm looking at my options to improve the ST position. I've been flirting with both Griezmann and Dybala in the build up to the window and confident of securing either:

1. Griezmann has a release clause of £86m so I'm confident he'll be attainable for a fee of there or thereabouts.
  2. Juventus accepted an offer of £104m structured over 4 years for Dybala earlier in the season. I had to cancel this deal due to a lack of transfer budget, but he still appears to be interested.

So (putting finances aside) who do I go for???

19 minutes ago, GazGJ said:

My first transfer window is arriving and I'm looking at my options to improve the ST position. I've been flirting with both Griezmann and Dybala in the build up to the window and confident of securing either:

1. Griezmann has a release clause of £86m so I'm confident he'll be attainable for a fee of there or thereabouts.
  2. Juventus accepted an offer of £104m structured over 4 years for Dybala earlier in the season. I had to cancel this deal due to a lack of transfer budget, but he still appears to be interested.

So (putting finances aside) who do I go for???

Sell a couple of players, sign both (if you can)...You won't regret it :p

24 minutes ago, WillyBroadband said:

Haha, wow. I'm going to play him on the right of a middle 3 as an AP/Sup and fingers crossed it'll suit him better. 

2 assists in 2 games...Dizzying turn of form...still, too little too late I feel.

2 minutes ago, gholliday87 said:

Real Madrid 5 - 7 Arsenal...Crazy game. Home leg at the Emirates to come.

Anyone finding certain youth players difficult to buy. Seen a young prospect who's only worth GBP 8.5k...Put in an offer of GBP 750k, they came back with GBP 43m!!! Crazy times

Yeah man, definitely. Had similar a few times. 

I'm struggling to unsettle him this time round, might be icardi time at the end of the season. 

Have any of you signed Buitnik from Vitesse? He is a 16yo striker available on a free transfer at the start of the game. Great stats to begin with and I've been playing him in cup games with lesser opposition and using Giroud to tutor him, he is developing really well, I think by the end of season 2 he will be a solid rotation option

8 minutes ago, Kazeria said:

What defence roles are you using out of interest?

From top of my head, Full back (auto), 1x CD(D) 1 x BPD(D)...overall philosophy of control, nothing too adventurous in my team settings...I've dropped Cech and I'm playing Donnarumma, so I'm thinking a few of the goals are going to be down to the fact that he's learning on the job.

Had a pretty decent start to the season, although Man Utd's 6 wins from 6 already has them 4 points clear.

H Liverpool 0-0
A Leicester 4-1 - Walcott (4)
A Watford 1-0 - Giroud
H Southampton 2-0 - Alexis (2)
H Villarreal 2-0 - Ozil (2) - UCL
A Hull 2-2 - Alexis, Coquelin
H Southampton 1-1aet (Arsenal win 3-1 on penalties) - Giroud - EFL
H Chelsea 4-1 - Ozil (2), Alexis, Koscielny

In my Champions League group I have Bayern, Villarreal & Celtic. Good opening win over Villarreal so far.

I go away to West Brom in the EFL Cup 4th Round. I beat Southampton on penalties in round 3 at the Emirates. I went behind but got a penalty to get back into it and edged past on spot kicks.

In the league it was a disappointing draw on the opening day, but I smashed Leicester, ground a win at Vicarage Road, before 2 late goals from Alexis broke down Southampton. We were lucky to get a late equaliser by Coquelin at Hull, but tore Chelsea to pieces in the league. Top scorers in all competitions - Alexis & Ozil (4 each)

Bazoer was really good for me. Neves was class every year before. 

I will restart a third time now. I'm sitting 12th with 10 points to the top4. I found my mistake in tactics and beat Real 5-2 to qualify for CL, but as I don't see myself get top4 this season, I would probably be sacked anyway. Got Danilo again for 5mil, it's just such a bargain. He's really good and takes a challenge on Bellerin.

28 minutes ago, MorganGalahad said:

Does anyone have any experience with Weigl, Ruben Neves or Bazoer?

Need a DM don't know who to go for of the above three

I had Bazoer on FM16 and he was great, on my current 17 save he's gone to Real Madrid. 

Weigl is on my shortlist and I offered his minimum release but he didn't want to come. Really like him IRL.

Neves seems to maybe have been downgraded a bit this year, still looks good though. 

I would recommend Krychowiak at PSG, he has just been transfer listed for £11.25M. Solid as a rock.

1 hour ago, MorganGalahad said:

Does anyone have any experience with Weigl, Ruben Neves or Bazoer?

Need a DM don't know who to go for of the above three

Bought Neves start of the 18/19 season for £21.5M. Played him as a DLP(S) in center midfield. These are his stats(18/19 season);

3v8D65.jpg

pX4gbJ.jpg

His pass accuracy is amazing.

2 hours ago, WillyBroadband said:

I had Bazoer on FM16 and he was great, on my current 17 save he's gone to Real Madrid. 

Weigl is on my shortlist and I offered his minimum release but he didn't want to come. Really like him IRL.

Neves seems to maybe have been downgraded a bit this year, still looks good though. 

I would recommend Krychowiak at PSG, he has just been transfer listed for £11.25M. Solid as a rock.

I'm PSG. Krychowiak is heavenly. I was just looking for a younger "mentee" for him so he can tutor before he leaves. I don't like players above 30 in my team.

1 hour ago, nfornirvana said:

Bought Neves start of the 18/19 season for £21.5M. Played him as a DLP(S) in center midfield. These are his stats(18/19 season);

3v8D65.jpg

pX4gbJ.jpg

His pass accuracy is amazing.

Thanks mate. I'm thinking of getting him & Bazoer then rotate. I heard Weigl is really good though and don't want to miss out on him

2 minutes ago, gholliday87 said:

phone! Aaron Ramsey has finally scored a goal! 

Brilliant! I played him against Real as an AMR/IF/Sup and he scored 2 belters! Ross Barkley keeping him out of the side at the moment, he's been superb so far actually. Glad Everton were relegated. 

Wow, easily the best & biggest win I've ever had with an Arsenal team! Incredible. 

My 2 main strikers out injured I had to use my -up until this game absolutely useless- Aboubakar* and he scores a hat-trick. Brilliant. So chuffed. 

*worth the £2.3M fee alone 

Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 18.56.00.png

5 hours ago, WillyBroadband said:

Same here man! Mine are saying £37.5 - 71M though. 

How is The Ox for you? He's frustrating like Ramsey, for me. 

Ox is doing rather well, but I'm playing him in rotation with Sanchez as I managed to talk my board into getting me Griezmann so he's pretty much taken the left wing role exclusively.

New game, new Gunners save. Decided to disable the first transfer window budget thing to make it a bit more real.

I started the season with a 4-2-3-1 wide formation which was not working quite well for me in the first 7 matches where I lost 3. I might have been inpatient as those losses came against Man City, Liverpool and Man Utd, but in those games I won, the attacking force didn't do the job as good as I would have liked them to do. So what I did was to change to my diamond tactic, 4-1-2-1-2 and boy oh boy did it work wonders!

First game with the new setup a 4-0 win against WBA and in the next one we battered PSG away 1-5. Lucas and Sanchez have been rotating quite much in the F9 and AF role with Walcott and Giroud coming in from the bench performing well.

Screenshot 2016-11-17 00.05.23.png

My mentality is almost always set to control with flexible team shape. Since the day I changed to my new tactic I'm unbeaten in 21 games with only 4 draws and averaging 2.47 goals per game. The defence has also been immense (if I may forget about the 4-4 draw against Sunderland at home) conceding 0.71 goals per game. 

My backup players have been amazing so far and especially the fullbacks Debuchy (7.76 in 8 games) and Gibbs (7.48 in 12 games). 

Screenshot 2016-11-17 00.14.36.png

So 17 games away from the first League title in years I'm more than hopeful I'll stay up there until the end as long as the team perform as they're currently doing. The only thing I am wondering now is whether I should buy some star player (Griezmann, Dybala) or not. Everytime I have done so I've always lost interest in the save quicker than if I had just bought some younger players. So I guess I won't do that in January at least. I just brought in Odegaard for 12m and right now I'm considering buying both Kasper Dolberg and Moussa Dembéle. Then some player might have to leave with either Giroud or Lucas most likely as the unlucky fella. I'm just afraid the team morale will break if I try sell one of them..

Also just had a 33m offer from Liverpool in Alex Iwobi.

Your thoughts?

3 hours ago, Kazeria said:

If bellerin signs a new contract before the end of the first season then he isn't interested in Barca 

Oh, haven't thought about that! Thank you so much :)

Btw, just noticed that I didn't give the context. Barça bids for Bellerin in January window in the 1st season. So, maybe, I need to give him new contract around November/December. 

4 hours ago, Kazeria said:

If bellerin signs a new contract before the end of the first season then he isn't interested in Barca 

True, I did this but within 9 months of signing it he wants a new one, I refused and almost the entire squad got annoyed & now André Silva wants one too. 

Blimey, I tend to offer him a new one around the Jan transfer window and when Barca and PSg come in he is fine. PSG offered £80 million on my last save game.

Are you playing him constantly and when giving him a new contract stating he is a key player/first team? If not then that could be why

1 hour ago, Kazeria said:

Blimey, I tend to offer him a new one around the Jan transfer window and when Barca and PSg come in he is fine. PSG offered £80 million on my last save game.

Are you playing him constantly and when giving him a new contract stating he is a key player/first team? If not then that could be why

Yeah man, playing him constantly. Played Jenkinson in League Cup games but thats it. 

Key player for new contract yeah! Still nothing. Now Iwobi wants a new contract too. 

Slightly concerned about not passing FFP with the wage increases. 

Archived