"Waalwijk know where we're going, but we don't know what we've RKC'n!"

Deisler26

So.. where to start? It was the nightmare run of PSV, Feyenoord and Ajax in a row that seemed to truly kill us. That and a catastrophic loss of form by Thierry Ambrose.. That was probably my fault as I didn't want to upset him by leaving him on the bench. Also my fault was selling the goalie Pigalcelli. Ever since he was sold, we just conceded from every angle. So bad in fact, that I released the goalie for the 3-7 defeat to Ajax.

We've severely struggled with money this season, so I fear next year might be just as hard if my star players Ezra Walian or Markus Bay want to leave.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

22566586548_8936818463.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

2019/20 August Transfer Window Roundup

Results

After our horror run last season, we were happy to start a new page on a new season. I were given a brief to put the club Safely in Mid-Table and Make the Fourth Round of the KNVB Beker. To do this, I was given a final transfer budget of £600k and a wage budget of £81k

The 2019/20 Eredivisie season kicked off at home against PEC Zwolle. We matched them well, but found ourselves 0-1 down in the middle of the first half. Luckily, a free kick was slung into the box and after a few blocks and deflections, it ran free to Tafari Moore who slotted it home, giving himself a nosebleed for being so high up the pitch... 1-1, which is how it ended.

Next up was.. PSV Eindhoven. ****. We went 0-2 down within 15 minutes with identical goals from corners. They went further ahead on 79 minutes after a 1-2 cut our defence to shreds. We reduced the deficit on 90 mins as new signing Richairo Zivkovic netted from close range as we lost 1-3.

We looked forward to snapping our bad run at home to.. AFC Ajax Amsterdam. FFS. We battled well, but two goals in the latter part of the second half gave them a 0-2 win.

We stopped the rot with a good, if slightly frustrating 0-0 draw with AZ Alkmaar, as we were actually the better side. However, the rot returned as we fought hard against Heracles Almelo, but on a corner, Shaquille Sno headed out right onto the boot of the Heracles midfielder lurking on the edge of the area. His fizzing strike slammed into the top corner and condemned us to a 0-1 defeat.

- Table - Results -

Transfers

First coming in were a trio of young starlets. Nigerian midfielder Kenneth Baruwa joined on a free from Nigerian side Abuja FC. Next in was Brazilian striker Cesarinho from Brazilian side Clube Atletico Bragantino and Costa Rican attacking midfielder Jairo Gonzalez from Costa Rican side Club Sport Herediano. 

Next up, I moved to shore up our goalkeeping position by signing Peter Leeuwenburgh for £240k from Vitesse Arnhem. I also picked up goalie Lys Gomis from U.S Lecce on a free transfer to sort out our platoon. Defensive minded midfielder Jelle van der Hayden arrived from FC Twente Enschede on a free transfer along with Portuguese full-back Joao Andrade on a free too. 

We made two massive transfer coups as well. AFC Ajax Amsterdam midfielder Abdelhak Nouri was languishing in the Jong Ajax side, un-used by the first team, so for the outlay of £850k, he was ours. Then, whilst trying to get Ismael Bennacer back on loan (I failed), I spotted striker Richairo Zivkovic transfer-listed by Arsenal. For £2.3m and £11k p/w with big bonuses, he was also ours. Also arriving on loan from Arsenal was midfielder Kelechi Nwakali. Then, in a fit of panic about our bad run, I loaned in a defender (Gianni Talerico from Girondins de Bordeaux), two strikers (Nigel Robertha from Feyenoord Rotterdam & Luca Vido from A.C Milan) and stole one of Jong Ajax's best defenders in Nathan Leyder for £91k.

I tried so hard to get Thierry Ambrose back, but he signed for Wolverhampton Wanderers in a £1.1m deal :( 

Also, we lost our two best strikers in Anderson Lopez, (£1.1m + 50% to Achilles '29) and Ezra Walian (£5m + 50% to Charlton Athletic). Finally, we sold winger Maurits de Baar to MVV Maastricht for £68k + 50%

- Transfers -

8 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Just over 3m for Nouri and Zivkovic is pretty ridicluous.

I'd been tracking Nouri since the start. Kept clicking 'Suggest terms' to see what they were asking. Just after Walian was sold, I clicked and was given the £850k sum, so I snapped him up.

Zivkovic had been bought by Arsenal early on in the game, but was constantly being loaned out to Eredivisie clubs. Same thing as Nouri, kept clicking 'Suggest Terms' and when £2.3m came up, I dived in.

Zivkovic's contract was a bastard though. He's on over double the nearest player's wages with 'Guaranteed Highest Paid Player' and 30% wage rise per year. I'm hoping he'll fire in goals for a few seasons, then I can get shot of him for a fat profit.

17 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

30626313753_4e494b2710_b.jpg

Brexit, baby! Looks like the semi-hard one.

What day it happens?

And i'm managin on Dutch second tier now, so i understand what you've been through. You're a genious haha.

Cheers,
Bitner 

32 minutes ago, Bitner said:

What day it happens?

And i'm managin on Dutch second tier now, so i understand what you've been through. You're a genious haha.

Cheers,
Bitner 

It happened on 30 Nov 2019 on my save.

And it's all about the goalscoring IMO. Get a good striker (The King on loan) and you're laughing

1 minute ago, BoxToBox said:

I kind of like it, stronger limit on foreigners, sure, but it opens up how easy it is to get African, American and Asian players.

I think that this is the way forward to be honest. No restrictions, but a limit on the players.

3 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

It happened on 30 Nov 2019 on my save.

And it's all about the goalscoring IMO. Get a good striker (The King on loan) and you're laughing

Billy McKay is doing a fine job. Moves into Channels + beats the offside trap = gold. But still hard.

Cheers,
Bitner 

2019/20 KNVB Beker, Fourth Round

18 December 2019

2000hrs, Abe Lenstra Stadion, Bunschoten

RKC Waalwijk 1-2 sc Heerenveen (AET)

We came into this tie with a little confidence as we'd managed to beat Heerenveen in the last league encounter. We lined up in our favoured 5-3-2 formation, with new signing Erik Sarmiento in at left wing back as the only change. Sarmiento was signed on a free transfer after being released by Manchester City and we were in need of depth at wing back. 

It was a crisp and clear 48oF night as we kicked off this tie. And then was party to one of the sloppiest first halves of football that I had ever seen. Misplaced passes, bad control, aimless clearances and fumbling goalkeepers. It was appalling.

I read the riot act at half time. Aggressively yelling at them to do better. However, on 60 minutes, during a period of sustained Heerenveen pressure, Menno Koch got sucked into closing down the player with the ball on the edge of the box. The player then slipped the ball into his fellow striker who fired home easily. 0-1.

I immediately reacted by subbing the tiring Sarmiento and the ineffective Luca Vido for Mauro Savastano and Nigel Robertha. And it was those two combining in the 70th minute that set up an excellent chance. Robertha knocking the ball out wide to Savastano. He killed the ball dead, took on the full back, accelerated past the full back and hit a low cross into no-mans land for the arriving Nigel Robertha to slam into the net from 2 yards out. 1-1.

Abdelhak Nouri was the next underperformer to get the hook. On came Markus Bay. We had the better of Heerenveen for the rest of the game, hitting the woodwork three times. Richairo Zivkovic was woefully underperforming in this match, missing every shot he had on a frustrating day. So we went to extra time.

Just after half time in extra time, a pass from the right hand touchline rolled into the middle on the pitch. Leeuwenburgh was slow to move across and the Heerenveen midfielder cracked an absolute missile of a strike into the middle of the goal, just past the hands of the keeper. 1-2.

We frustratedly hit a few shots at the keeper for the rest of ET, but we eventually ended up with 15 missed shots on goal. The final whistle went and we were out of the KNVB Beker in the Fourth Round.

30648673343_f56106c281_z.jpg 31311116162_7480c405cf_b.jpg

1 hour ago, Torminator said:

Haha good one! Really looking forward to see the quality regens you might produce!

Let's hope so, I'm getting stick for not playing my youth players, despite a 16 year old being in the team for most of the season...

On 12/6/2016 at 22:13, dirkgently1066 said:

Cracking thread. Always enjoyed a jaunt in the Dutch league with the wonderfully named Go Ahead Eagles. The structure of the Eerste Divisie to get promotion to the Eredivisie is gloriously bonkers.

Thank you, my friend!

RKC Waalwijk

2019/20 January Transfer Window Roundup

Results

We kicked off this second week of September with a 1-2 loss to N.E.C Nijmegen. This meant that we had gone 18 games without a win, tying the Eredivisie record held by Go Ahead Eagles. This meant that our next game was of vital importance to win. I did not want that record. We faced FC Twente Enschede and the first half was so nervy that nothing of note happened. 10 minutes into the second half, a through ball by Zivkovic was slipped through to Nigel Robertha who finished high into the net! 1-0! We were in the lead. A game of cut and thrust then followed as Twente looked to score and we desperately tried to keep them out. On 84 minutes, a long ball out of defence into the channels saw Zivkovic haring off down the left. He took the ball to the byline, then cut it back for Viktor Einarsson to thunder the ball home via the underside of the crossbar! 2-0! The points seemed sure now! There was even time for Richairo Zivkovic to pick up the ball on the edge of the box and fire an unstoppable arrow into the far top corner to make it 3-0 at the death!

A great way to end our winless streak, and the confidence flowed into the next match as we came from behind to beat Feyenoord Rotterdam, 2-1, thanks to a Luca Vido double. Sadly, we stumbled against FC Groningen, losing 1-2, but recovered to reel off 4 wins in the next 5 games. This all came to a screeching halt was we lost heavily to Vitesse Arnhem, 2-5. A good 3-2 win over ADO Den Haag, was followed by a 2-0 win over Roda JC Kerkade. Which was then followed by a terrible 1-4 smashing at the hands of PEC Zwolle

Now usual losses against PSV Eindhoven (2-3) and AFC Ajax Amsterdam (0-1) completed our January.

- Table - Results -

In the KNVB Beker, we faced non-league side WSV Apeldoorn and made the most of it, putting eight goals past them in an 8-0 win. Our THird Round match went the distance as we struggled against Jupiler League FC Dordrecht. The game was only settled in the 121st minute as Richairo Zivkovic cut inside his defender and fired in to the far top corner to give us a 1-0 win. Sadly, we bowed out at the Fourth Round stage

Transfers

Leaving the club on 1 January were defenders Damian van Bruggen (£95k, FC Emmen), Shaquil Sno (£75k, FC Dordrecht) and striker Pelle Clement (£150k, FC Emmen). None of them really lived up to their promise while here and they ended up as surplus to requirements. Also leaving the club were young talents ST Samir van der Plas, who went for £1.5m + 50% sell on to Borussia Dortmund and, more profitably, Costa Rican midfielder Jairo Gonzalez was sold to English giants Manchester City for £5.5m + 50% sell on.

Incoming, during the campaign, I needed a new backup left back and recently-released Manchester City youth player Erik Sarmento fitted the bill. Next, we made striker Luca Vido's loan from A.C Milan permanent for the sum of £180k. Veteran attacking player Diego Biseswar and young midfielder Klaas Hoekstra both came into the club on free transfers. We also paid £22.5k to make AFC Ajax Amsterdam defender Darren Sideol's Bosman move early.

Finally, we scored a huge coup by convincing English midfielder Jack Rodwell to join us from Sheffield Wednesday for the price of £550k. His talent was an immediate upgrade in our midfield.

2020 RKC Waalwijk Youth Intake

30913136354_735a7c6975_b.jpg

Full Intake Overview

GK Rik Bollen

MC Guilliame Dupont

DR Bart Theuinessen

All three of the intake highlights will be usuable if they hit their development curve. Dupont will be tutored by Rodwell and hopefully will fit into a roational role next season. Bollen will replace Gomis as backup keeper, only used in cup games.

RKC Waalwijk

2019/20 Season Review

Results

The start of February saw us beat Heracles Almeo 2-0 with a Richairo Zivkovic double, then draw 1-1 against AZ Alkmaar after conceding within the first two minutes...

A disappointing 2-4 defeat at the hands of N.E.C Nijmegen was a wake-up call, but we clawed it back with an excellent 2-0 win against FC Twente Enschede, with both goals coming within the first 10 minutes. We were then thoroughly inconsistent for the rest of the season. Good 3-0 wins over SC Telstar, FC Emmen and ADO Den Haag on the last day of the season were balanced with defeats to Feyenoord Rotterdam, sc Heerenveen & Vitesse Arnhem and we needed an 86th minute own goal to save us against de Graafschap.

Season Expectations: Finish Mid-table

Actual Result: Finished 8th

- Table - Results -

In the KNVB Beker, we faced non-league side WSV Apeldoorn and made the most of it, putting eight goals past them in an 8-0 win. Our THird Round match went the distance as we struggled against Jupiler League FC Dordrecht. The game was only settled in the 121st minute as Richairo Zivkovic cut inside his defender and fired in to the far top corner to give us a 1-0 win. Sadly, we bowed out at the Fourth Round stage

Season Expectations: Make the Fourth Round

Actual Result: Lost in Fourth Round (1-2aet vs sc Heerenveen)

31762718376_61e0066ec8_b.jpg 31652363302_a225e19a61_b.jpg

8 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

31652363402_d5e252cc6c_b.jpg 

Finally replaced my HOYD. He's not as good as the outgoing one, BUT he has one big advantage. His natural formation is 5-3-2WB, so I may actually get some wing backs through my youth next season.

What personality was the last one, think picking up a Professional HOYD is a good score if the last one wasn't.

He looks quality. Well balanced, got all the key attributes at a nice level, he's very young and Havre IIRC have a great academy. I'd be excited about the guy, looks like he could be a star. How big of a deal is 14m to you? Is it a massive risk to chuck that kind of money on a prospect?

Last time I played in Holland, I'd have been happy for a guy like him to be a first team regular, at least before I had developed my squad into world beaters.

4 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

He looks quality. Well balanced, got all the key attributes at a nice level, he's very young and Havre IIRC have a great academy. I'd be excited about the guy, looks like he could be a star. How big of a deal is 14m to you? Is it a massive risk to chuck that kind of money on a prospect?

Last time I played in Holland, I'd have been happy for a guy like him to be a first team regular, at least before I had developed my squad into world beaters.

Yes, without putting too fine a point on it, it is a risk. 

It would mean I'd have to sell Zivkovic, as I've got too many forwards otherwise.

RKC Waalwijk

2020/21 August Transfer Window Roundup

Results

After improving from our bad start to finish in the same position we did the season before. I were given a brief to put the club Safely in Mid-Table and Make the Fourth Round of the KNVB Beker. To do this, I was given a final transfer budget of £925k and a wage budget of £135k

The 2020/21 Eredivisie season kicked off away to NAC Breda. However, due to my taking of the Holland U-23 job, I was not in change for the first four games of the season, as I was in Japan at the Olympic Games. Also with 5 of my best players. And my major new signings. So, in the interests of realism, the Ass Man had to take charge of those 4 games. Which we got one point out of. Without scoring a goal. We lost 0-2 to newly-promoted NAC Breda, drew 0-0 with Vitesse Arnhem and lost back-to-back 0-1 games to Sparta Rotterdam & ADO Den Haag.

I arrived back in the Netherlands in time for the match against AZ Alkmaar. My main signing was out with the remnants of an injury picked up in the Olympics, and it was our first game without Richairo Zivkovic, who had been sold. We went ahead before half time with right wing back Tafari Moore picking up the ball deep in the AZ half and sending over a deep cross which Diego Biseswar got to first and guided a looping header over the keeper into the top left hand corner of the goal. 1-0. We were looking comfortable until the 89th minute, when route one football saw the AZ striker let the ball bounce once, then hit a dipping volley over Leeuwenburgh's flailing arms and into the net. 1-1. And that was how it ended. As did our August.

- Table - Results -

Transfers

I started the Dutch window, selling three fringe players. Midfielder Jelle van der Hayden made just 10 appearances for the club last season and was earning too much to be such a bit part player. He was sold to KVC Westerlo in Belgium for £250k. Defender Ingo van Weert was sold on to FC Eindhoven for £19.75k. He made even less appearances than van der Hayden and it was kinder to let him go. Finally, striker Luca Vido was on his way to F.C Crotone for £1m. Vido scored 11 goals last season, but with some new Bosman arrivals, I wanted to cash in.

Then a from-nowhere £4m bid for defender Nathan Leyder by FC Sochaux-Montbé proved too tempting, especially as he was priced at under £750k at the time, so he was on his way out. Then another trio of moves heralded the July 1 window opening. MIdfielders Rodney Sneijder (£150k, AA Gent), Mattia El Hilali (£500k, RC Lens) and Jack Rodwell (£550k, Blackburn Rovers) all left the club. The first two were sent out on loan last season due to my not needing them and they didn't convince in pre-season. Rodwell was slightly different, he was a decent member of the side, but his £6.75k p/w wage was a little too hard to stomach. 

Full back Rodney Lopes Cabral was offloaded without much fanfare to Almere City for £100k. The emergence of Tafari Moore allowed us to make this move. Then striker Richairo Zivkovic was sold for £8.5m with clauses and 50% sell on to Vfl Wolfsburg. It was a transfer I don't think I'd like to make again, but one of our new signings made it impossible to keep him. Finally, the chairman decided to sell hot youth prospect Guillaume Dupont over my head to Paris Saint-Germain for £3m. I was LIVID and remonstrated with the board to keep him. Sadly, they were unmoved and sold him.

Coming into the club on the opening of the Dutch window were Feyenoord Rotterdam's young striking starlet Mark Kooistra for £1.6m and Australian academy of excellence player Michael Oakes for free. Next in was French midfielder Alexis Blin on loan from parent club Girondins de Bordeaux. When the July 1 window opened, we picked up the recently released Timothy Fosu-Mensah after he was let go by Manchester United. Also coming in after being released by Feyenoord Rotterdam, was Nigel Robertha. He knew our system after being on loan to us and seemed an excellent pick-up for free. A week before the window closed, I signed the Polish keeper Pawel Sokol for £975k from Manchester City.

Finally, my youth scouts in France alerted me to a possible generational talent playing for Havre Athletic Club. Loïc Le Coz was likely to be a fantastic striker in the future, but a) he would cost £14m and b) he wouldn't come without a good team role, which made Zivkovic redundant. I eventually bit the bullet, sold Zivkovic and bought Le Coz. This proved a record amount paid for a Dutch club in a transfer.

- Transfers -

3 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

31584569070_2c93228e90_b.jpg

Just wanted to share with you, my best prospect.

He's been a regular in the side since he was 16, first in a CM (D) role and now his stats are up a bit, he's moved into the BBM role of my formation.

This guy is an vampire, doesn't surprise me he's THAT mature being ~17~.

Cheers,
Bitner 

On 11/21/2016 at 17:13, Deisler26 said:

31123300356_fd6843c2bb_b.jpg

WTF on the bottom one?? 

I chucked away a 2 goal lead managing Newcastle once and after the game there was a status on the social feed which read 'I've never seen anyone hold onto a lead that badly since my Dad lost the dog'

Regarding your thread. A very interesting read so far, one of which I will be following from now on. Keep it going. 

Archived