"Waalwijk know where we're going, but we don't know what we've RKC'n!"

Deisler26

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To alleviate some of the waiting time, I shall let you know how my beta is going.

My 4-4-1-1 is struggling right now, so I've gone to a 5-3-2. It took me until my 11th game to get 3 points, having only taken 2 from a possible 7 points in the last 3 games before that one, all due to 80+ minute goals

And now I've just been utterly humped by de Graafshap. 5-0.

• 2 weeks later...

22566586548_8936818463.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

RKC Waalwijk is a football club currently playing in the Dutch Eerste Divisie. Its name is derived from 'Rooms Katholieke Combinatie' ('Roman Catholic Combination' in Dutch) and was a fusion club of HEC, WVB and Hercules

The club was formed on 26 August 1940 and used to play its home games at Sportpark Olympia. Its new stadium, the 7500 seater Mandemakers Stadion was opened in 1996 and featured the home match against Roda JC. While considered as one of the Eredivisie's smaller clubs, it nevertheless maintained its top flight status for many years. Its home colors are yellow and blue.

At the end of the 2006–07 season, RKC Waalwijk were relegated from the Eredivisie after a defeat in play-offs against VVV-Venlo.

On 3 June 2009 they were promoted to the Eredivisie division after a win in the play-offs against De Graafschap. Though, their spell didn't last long ending in the last place with only 15 points. In the season followed they would finish first in the Eerste Divisie promoting back in the top flight of Dutch football.

After another relegation at the end of the 2013-14 season, RKC Waalwijk finished 20th (last) in the 2014-15 season of Eerste Divisie. However, they didn't relegate to Topklasse (amateurs) because both of the two Topklasse champions declined promotion into professionalism.

(information from Wikipedia)

After the success of my FM16 thread. HERE is the next effort.

Screen Shot 2016-10-30 at 09.15.19.png

Good luck!

That's a ton of team instructions, are you sure you really need all of that? I'm personally more of a fan of starting with nothing or very little, and then add them up to tweak things when they don't play out as I want.

10 minutes ago, noikeee said:

Good luck!

That's a ton of team instructions, are you sure you really need all of that? I'm personally more of a fan of starting with nothing or very little, and then add them up to tweak things when they don't play out as I want.

I prefer instructions to get them to play how I want. I can't have that from a basic formation.

3 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

I prefer instructions to get them to play how I want. I can't have that from a basic formation.

My current setup has my players playing how I want with zero TIs. :cool:

Not saying either way is necessarily better, but it can be done and it's simpler to deal with.

11 minutes ago, noikeee said:

My current setup has my players playing how I want with zero TIs. :cool:

Not saying either way is necessarily better, but it can be done and it's simpler to deal with.

Oh, definitely. It's more a reaction to stuff that happened in my test save

22566586548_8936818463.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

2016/17 August Transfer Window Roundup

Results

On arriving at the club, in order to arrest the slide down that this team had gone on, I went defensive. I was given a £18.6k p/w wage budget (of which I was £3k over, just to start with!) and a £35k transfer budget with the brief to avoid a relegation battle. Seems doable. I hope.

We kicked off the Jupiler League season at home to SC Telstar. We played some nice stuff early on and one free-kick caused mayhem on 23 minutes. As it was scrambled clear, striker Pieter Langedijk chipped the ball to the far byline. Loan signing Ismael Bennacer floated a cross to the back post where central defender Nando Wormgoor met it with a header back across goal. Or rather it would have been, if the Telstar keeper hadn't fumbled the ball into the net. 1-0. We then settled down to a cat-and-mouse game in which neither side really threatened. The game woke up on 70 minutes, when a ball out to striker Johan Voskamp saw him take the ball deep into the Telstar half. He then slipped it to Bennacer on the edge of the area, who laid it off with one touch to new signing Nordin Boukhari. He also played a first time ball into the path of the onrushing midfielder Kenny Anderson who fired home from the edge of the six yard box. 2-0.

That should have been the end of it, but a defensive breakdown let Telstar in to score on 79 minutes, but we tightened up from there and rode out the win, 2-1. Our next match was against FC Emmen. And it was another war of attrition, with this formation heavy on defence and not much on goals. It was left to shadow striker Boukhari, who picked up the ball on the halfway line and split the defense with a lovely weighted through ball to striker Rob van Sonsbeek who finished well past the Emmen keeper to score the only goal of the game as we won 1-0.

Our next match was against FC Eindhoven. Another battle was settled in the 92nd minute, as a scramble from a corner saw a clearance booted against an Eindhoven player's face and trickle into the net. We lost 0-1.

Our last two matches of August were against two of the Jong's. First off, being in the depth on the injury crisis, we were thumped 0-3 at the hands of Jong Utrecht (who weirdly had a Ajax loanee playing for them) and, following that, a Herculean effort for us to grab a point with a 0-0 draw against leaders Jong Ajax.

- Table - Results -

Transfers

Well, we certainly had a lot of transfer activity. Mainly due to injuries, but also the amateur contract method. First in the door was FM16 fave, GK James Watt came in from Jong PSV, along with another player I had on FM16, Rodney Lopes Cabral on a free transfer. The other players were all picked on amateur contracts to give the team (as it happened) much needed depth. However, striker Ravalino Junte was signed from Jong FC Twente to give us an option up front.

We also signed up four loanees. Midfielder Ismael Bennacer came in on loan from Arsenal very early on. Then, as the transfer window deadline loomed, we picked up Crystal Palace forward Javiro Dilrosun. Dilrosun had just made a £150k move to Palace from Manchester City, which then made his loan move possible. A.C Milan attacking midfielder Zakaria Hamadi also joined on deadline day, along with Feyenoord Rotterdam wing back Tyrell Malacia.

Selling-wise, I offloaded winger Moussa Sanoh to Eredivisie new boys Sparta Rotterdam for £40k. We won't be using wingers in this formation, so he's useless to me. Also leaving was right back Collin Seedorf. I had a surfeit of right backs and I needed to get the wage bill down. He was shipped off to NAC Breda for £10k. I also had a gem in my Under 18's, Bjorn van der Gevel, who was courted by a number of clubs, none of which would step up to the plate for what I wanted. However, Sevilla F.C S.A.D finally came up with the goods and I sold him for £575k + 50% sell on. Also, I put in a £500k clause for if he makes an international appearance. 

Sadly, a bitter note to this month. I tried my hardest to get FM16 legend Thierry Ambrose to come but, despite Manchester City accepting the bid, he did not want to come again :(

- Transfers -

Great to see you starting again with RKC in FM17! I'm still playing as them on my FM16 save (which was inspired by your good self). Just finished the 4th season where I won the Eredevise. Won the title on the last day as Ajax only drew their game, and we won! We currently have a new stadium on build (19,000 seater) and upgrading the youth and training facilities as much as I can.

Not sure i'll get FM17 yet as this probably has been one of my best ever saves i've had on FM.

3 hours ago, ITFC_Blue said:

Great to see you starting again with RKC in FM17! I'm still playing as them on my FM16 save (which was inspired by your good self). Just finished the 4th season where I won the Eredevise. Won the title on the last day as Ajax only drew their game, and we won! We currently have a new stadium on build (19,000 seater) and upgrading the youth and training facilities as much as I can.

Not sure i'll get FM17 yet as this probably has been one of my best ever saves i've had on FM.

Aww, thanks man! Glad you're enjoying it, no point in leaving a good save.

I am loving FM17 though

2 hours ago, withnail316 said:

That injury list is brutal. If I were you I'd look to sign some players who aren't made out of string, though...

It's sucked. They're all first teamers which is the worst part. All players that would be in my First XV

59 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

It's sucked. They're all first teamers which is the worst part. All players that would be in my First XV

XV? I can see why you won so many titles in your last thread if you were able to field 15 players...

1 minute ago, Deisler26 said:

30603657831_ceef348294_z.jpg

This should help, right? RIGHT?

helped me massively in the Sparta save so far. pretty much halved the number of injuries, albeit it also depends a lot on your squad rotation style/training focus.

Just now, LPQR said:

helped me massively in the Sparta save so far. pretty much halved the number of injuries, albeit it also depends a lot on your squad rotation style/training focus.

Ah, brilliant. I need it. These injuries are utterly crippling so far.

2016/17 KNVB Beker, Second Round

20 September 2016

1930hrs, Mandemakers Stadium

RKC Waalwijk 2-0 Roda JC Kerkade

A fantastic win against struggling Eredivisie opposition. We took the lead on 39 mins. The right back out wide at the halfway line played a ball into the channel for striker Yissim Ben Mohammed. He picked up the pass, dribbled to the edge of the area and clipped a delightful cross in for Johan Voskamp to head home! 1-0. Our defensive play continued to frustrate Roda and on 83 minutes, we sealed the deal. Some good interplay on the right wing saw Daan Reinstra try and play in our strikers, but a miscommunication saw it cleaned up by a Roda defender on the edge of the box. He then proceeded to play a suicidal backpass which, in a foot race with the keeper, substitute Rob van Sonsbeek managed to win, toe poking past the keeper for 2-0 and the win!

30079576384_5c82cb5ee3_b.jpg30411167930_61d3ac106c_b.jpg

30080184474_ba7caa241c_b.jpg

This was against the bottom of the table. Playing a 4-1-3-1-1. I've NEVER been so humiliated in my FM life. We lost 1-0 and my ONE shot came in the 84th minute, Daan Rienstra with a clear path to goal from 25 yards, proceeded to screw it high and wide.

Archived