Deisler26

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

22566586548_8936818463.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

2016/17 January Transfer Window Roundup

Results

We kicked off September with a 1-0 win over FC Dordrecht. A late Rob van Sonsbeek goal giving us the win. We then beat recently relegated NAC Breda 2-0, with striker Ravalino Junte on target. A humiliating 0-1 defeat to Helmond Sport, in which we had our first SHOT on 84 minutes, which was blazed high and wide, followed next. The cracks were papered over with a 1-0 win over Jong PSV, Ravalino Junte scoring the only goal. 

However, our style of play was being noticed by other teams and we had a horrific time in the league after. First up was a 1-3 loss to FC Oss, with Alban Bunjaku being the scorer, then came two games without a goal. A 0-3 beating by Achilles '29 and a horrific 0-4 beating at the hands of Fortuna Sittard. Something had to give, so I came up with a 4-2-3-1 which might give people more to think about than just my 5-3-2.

A good 2-0 win against FC Den Bosch looked like we were turning the corner and even a narrow 1-2 loss to FC Volendam couldn't dampen my spirits. Rightly so, as we turned in the best performance of my short tenure so far, absolutely destroying De Graafschap 4-1. A 1-1 draw with VVV Venlo, coupled with a 2-1 win over MVV Maastricht propelled us into a playoff spot. However, a terrible run of only 2 goals and 4 points in 5 games put us out of the picture.

- Table - Results -

In the KNVB Beker, we fought a magnificent rearguard action to beat Eredivisie opposition in the Second Round, in the form of Roda JC Kerkade. Johan Voskamp headed home the opener in the 39th minute and we held on until Rob van Sonsbeek was sprung on a breakaway and slotted home on 86 minutes to give us an excellent 2-0 win. This gave us a Third Round tie against more Eredivisie opposition in SBV Excelsior. Sadly lightning doesn't strike twice and we fell 0-2.

Transfers

It was case of separation by numbers with regards to transfers. Sheldon Martis was released after playing one game and not fitting into the squad. Argentinian winger Lucas Scheletto was released after a disastrous signing by me. Fred Benson recovered from a serious injury, but had fallen to 5th choice and he was also released. Finally, just before the transfer window, I managed to sell the club captain Steef Nieuwendahl to FC Lorient for £60k. He was complaining about the lack of game time and, quite frankly, he was not playing well enough to get a spot.

The only player I got in was striker Nigel Robertha on loan from Feyenoord Rotterdam. He'll give us a boost in the second half of the season.

Social feed has been a surprisingly entertaining feature, it can be repetitive with the whole positive/negative/neutral trio of answers, and some make no sense or are just the same all the time, but I've gotten a good chuckle out of some fake tweets SI have put in there.

1 hour ago, noikeee said:

Social feed has been a surprisingly entertaining feature, it can be repetitive with the whole positive/negative/neutral trio of answers, and some make no sense or are just the same all the time, but I've gotten a good chuckle out of some fake tweets SI have put in there.

I've had a chuckle a lot of the time, but I don't get the 'He wasn't injured' tweets. "I don't think he was injured at all".. Dude, he broke his f****** leg!!

Reporter: "Hey Abraham! Your team has fought it's way into promotion contention with two games to go with that win over Cambuur! With your top scorer Rob van Sonsbeek scoring TREBLE the goals of the next highest scoring player, you must be confident of making the playoffs!"

Me: 30673842811_4f0ffe3206_b.jpg :seagull::seagull::seagull:

EDIT: We've also lost our best left back and our next highest scoring striker before the next game as well... 

2016/17 Jupiler League, Matchday 37

28 April 2017

1930hrs, Mandemakers Stadium, Waalwijk

RKC Waalwijk 1-1 Fortuna Sittard

We went into this game, knowing that a win would seal a playoff spot. This, coupled with the chance to gain revenge on Fortuna for the 0-4 shellacking they gave us earlier in the season AND the fact that the Fortuna manager did a Jose in the pre-match interview, saw the boys fired up and ready for the match, despite us missing three of our best performers this season through injury.

It took til first half injury time to make the breakthrough. Bennacer, in the middle of the Fortuna half, knocked it to Anderson. Anderson, who had recently signed a new contract with the club, passed the ball to Junte just outside the box. Junte, with his back to goal, backheeled the ball through to Pieter Langedijk, who fired home from close range. 1-0.

Sadly, we let the tempo drop after HT and on 57 minutes, a quick free kick found the Fortuna right winger all alone as captain Van Weert was nowhere to be found. He hit a stinging shot which Williams could only fumble out, letting their striker in to knock it past the scrambling Williams and into the net. 1-1.

This proved to be the end of the hostilities as only Anderson's free-kick, deflected wide with the goalie wrong-footed, having any drama. 

30725943026_a027580eac_b.jpg 30127259253_b9941565ac_b.jpg

2016/17 Jupiler League, Matchday 38

5 May 2017

2000hrs, De Geusselt, Maastricht

RKC Waalwijk 3-3 MVV Maastricht

Last game of the season. Down two strikers and two left backs, we just needed to match FC Oss' result in our game against MVV Maastricht to seal our playoff place. Even if we failed, we would have smashed the pre-season prediction of avoiding a relegation battle.

A wet night in Maastricht greeted us as we kicked off. Almost immediately, news filtered through that FC Oss had taken the lead. We were doing a good job containing MVV and things were going ok. On 33 minutes, a beautiful ball over the top by Bennacer set Juste free. He outpaced the defence and was in all alone on the goalie. He drew back his foot, wrapped his foot around the ball.... and dragged it well wide. :mad:.

Half time came and went, and all it would take was one goal, I told them.

However, just after half time, the MVV right back swung in a deep cross from the far touchline and the MVV striker rose highest to head home. 0-1. Worse was to come. Daan Rienstra, a bit-part player brought in because of Roel van der Sande's suspension, saw red for his second yellow card. Crap. Down to 10 and losing, I went to 4-2-2-1 and tried to get something from the game.

Bennacer was dispossessed in the midfield on 62 minutes and a quick counter ended in a carbon copy of the first goal. A cross from the right, headed home by the striker. 0-2:seagull:

On 64 minutes, we earned a corner. A drifting, swirling, out-swinging corner by substitute youth winger Maurits de Baar found sub youth midfielder Nikki Baggerman on the far corner of the area and his looping header nestled into the far corner. 1-2! The comeback is on!!

The comeback was halted in it's tracks on 72 minutes as a mad scramble on the edge of our area saw the MVV midfielder thunder a strike past Williams from 20 yards into the top corner. 1-3... I screamed at the team from the sidelines, demanding more of them. Four minutes later, Baggerman picked the ball up on the left side of the pitch. He fed Pieter Langedijk who cut inside, steadied himself, and fired a curling shot round the keeper into the top corner of the net! 2-3!

The clock was ticking, ticking. FC Oss has conceded an equaliser, but it meant nothing as we were still losing. One last throw of the dice. A 92nd minute corner. Even Tamati Williams came up for it. The corner was swung in by Bunjaku. Time seemed to stop. Shaquille Sno began to leap up. The ball curving towards his head...

SUDDENLY.

He was falling, flailing.. He hit the deck and a shrill shriek pierced the din. Time sped up. The referee pointed to the spot! A PENALTY! On 93 minutes! The last kick of the game and we had a chance at salvation. Pieter Langedijk stepped up. And smashed it into the left hand corner of the net! 3-3! What a comeback! There was barely any time for a kickoff and the whistle blew! We'd made the playoffs!!!

30768511605_9d56f556cb_b.jpg 30768511455_d63690381b_b.jpg

2016/17 Eredivisie, Playoff First Round, First Leg

8 May 2017

1930hrs, De Vijverberg, Doetinchem

RKC Waalwijk 0-3 De Graafschap

We dragged our battered team into the playoffs and it showed.

An absolute bun fight in the middle of our defence on 15 minutes saw the ball poked past Williams in the goal and as it lazily rolled towards the goal, Jordi van Kerkhof got himself in a real mess trying to clear it, firing it against the inside of the post and into our own net. 0-1. Just when I thought that a one goal deficit would be OK, a good passing move on 60 minutes saw the ball fired across the face of the goal to find an unmarked De Graafschap winger on the far corner who slotted home. 0-2.

From a corner on 77 minutes, they launched a lightning-quick counter which led to the opposition winger slotting home for 0-3. We were abysmal.

30681773841_2c7dca0255_z.jpg 30138181404_59b45c4695_b.jpg

2016/17 Eredivisie, Playoff First Round, Second Leg

12 May 2017

2045hrs, Mandemakers Stadion, Waalwijk

RKC Waalwijk (1) - (3) 0 De Graafschap

The second leg. We'd lost yet another striker to injury and a midfielder to a suspension. We were literally just going to go out there and play our best.

The game could be characterised by one simple move. We'd work the ball past the defence, the RKC player would bear down on goal and the shot would be dragged wide. 7 missed shots. ALL the same. FFS.

We got a glimmer on 77 minutes, as a corner was headed home by Johan Voskamp. 1-0. But we foundered on the rock of De Graafschap's defence.

30653947442_4961034147_z.jpg 30682364331_631a21d68d_b.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

2016/17 Season Review

Results

February dawned and we had a hard-fought 0-0 draw with Jong Ajax. Sadly, that heralded the start of a four game run without a goal. Back-to-back 0-1 losses to Jong Utrecht & NAC Breda and a 0-2 loss to FC Dordrecht. Rob van Sonsbeek finally broke our streak, getting the winner in a 1-0 win over Jong PSV. Rob van Sonsbeek netted again in the next match, a surprising 3-0 win over Helmond Sport. A 2-2 draw with FC Oss, which saw us pegged back twice, was our next game. Our unbeaten run continued with a dull 0-0 draw with Achilles '29, before we again surprised everyone (including myself) by beating FC Den Bosch 3-1! Two defeats in the next three games tempered our ambitions somewhat, with a 0-2 loss to FC Volendam & a 0-1 loss to VVV Venlo sandwiching a good 2-0 win over De Graafschap. We then exploded against Almere City, scoring THREE times in the first 10 minutes on our way to a quite stunning 5-0 win. Daan Rienstra, so often the scapegoat of much this season, netted an 81st minute penalty to give us the three points in a 1-0 win over SC Cambuur-Leeuwarden. Then it was down to the last two draws to scrape into the playoffs, where we bowed out with nary a whimper..

Season Expectations: Avoid a relegation battle

Actual Result: Finished 11th

- Table - Results -

Awards

30682417701_278505d407_b.jpg 30138806794_c437f04470_b.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

2017/18 August Transfer Window Roundup

Results

Season 2. Home of the sophomore slump. Or, hopefully not. We were under orders to Qualify for the Eredivisie Playoff and make the KNVB Beker Third Round. To achieve such, we were given a £220k transfer kitty & a £28k wage budget.

We kicked off the 2017/18 Jupiler League season away to recently relegated Heracles Almeo. An extremely tough ask, however, first Pieter Langedijk then new striker Ezra Walian scored to give us a priceless 2-1 win on the opening day! We then sought revenge on De Graafschap for our playoff defeat last season and we did exact said revenge with a brilliant 3-0 win with all the goals coming from new players. Icelandic star Viktor Karl Einarsson hammered home the first, ex-Ajax starlet Pelle Clement scored the second and finally, Arsenal loan starlet Donyell Malen slotted home the third and final goal. A tantalising glimpse of what we could have had, had injuries not robbed us last season.

Flying high after two games, we visited the Rat Verleigh Stadium, home of NAC Breda, and in a tightly fought contest, we triumphed 1-0, thanks to Ezra Walian's first half goal. A 0-0 draw with Jong FC Utrecht saw our first points of the season dropped, then came our first defeat in a manner that I was furious with. We faced VVV Venlo and, for the first half, we were containing them with the 5-3-2, so MAYBE, buoyed by our hot start, I changed to the 4-2-3-1 and tried to attack them and it bit me in the arse as we equalised through Ezra Walian on 60 mins, but then lost two more goals to lose 1-3.

- Table - Results -

Transfers

Young defender Tom El Bahraoui was headhunted by PSV Eindhoven and was sold for the princely sum of £250k + 50%. Striker Johan Voskamp was offloaded to Randers FC in Denmark for £40k. He had talent, but could never fit into my system. Midfielder Daan Rienstra, he of the untimely red cards and terrible shooting, was (gladly) sold to Go Ahead Eagles for £70k. Another striker, Ravalino Juste was offloaded too. He never adapted and was a bit of a panic buy. So he was shipped off to Achilles '29 for £40k. Kenny Anderson, despite signing a new contract, had his head turned by a bid from Heart of Midlothian and was sold for £120k. 

We had a dilemma when 24 year old defender Nando Wormgoor was the subject of a £150k + 50% bid from NAC Breda. He was a good player and our vice-captain, but it was good money and we did have the depth by that point, so he was sold. Finally, last season's top scorer Rob van Sonsbeek was shipped out on loan to SC Cambuur-Leeuwarden.

Incoming-wise, I moved fast to address our lack of goals last season. First to arrive were striker Ezra Walian (end of contract) and M/AMLC/ST Pelle Clement (£54k) from AFC Ajax Amsterdam. Ismael Bennacer returned on loan for the season from Arsenal, along with Dutch striker Donyell Malen and English full back Tafari Moore. Also coming in on loan were a Feyenoord Rotterdam duo. Full back Tyrell Malacia returned for a second season, along with centre back Mats Knoester.

Winger Achille Vaarnold was signed on loan from S.S Lazio, but was cut and returned to his club without playing a game. We paid a record (for me) £150k for A.C Milan winger Zakaria Hamadi after he had impressed me last season on loan. Defender Nick Bakker, midfielder Viktor Karl Einarsson and D/DM/MC Bas Sibum all came in after their contracts expired and finally, we paid £79k for AFC AJax Amsterdam's young keeper Stan Van Bladeren. 

And yes. Finally. After last year's heartbreak, the king of Waalwijk on FM16, Thierry Ambrose, joined on loan for the season from Manchester City

- Transfers -

RKC Waalwijk

2017/18 January Transfer Window Roundup

Results

We kicked off this September with a damp squib of a 1-3 loss against Jong Ajax. Thierry Ambrose getting the only goal. Following that was a 1-1 draw against perennial strugglers Almere City with Ezra Walian getting our equaliser in first half stoppage time. We then cut loose to thump MVV Maastricht 4-2, despite conceding a penalty after only five mins. The match highlight came from Viktor Einarsson's goal, a sumptuous free-kick which was our first DFK goal since I'd taken over. A goal which even overshadowed Ezra Walian's hat-trick.

The goals didn't stop there as we then proceeded to beat recently-relegated Go Ahead Eagles, 4-1. Two own goals and an Ezra Walian double gave us the win. A tight 1-0 win against FC Eindhoven, thanks to that man Ezra Walian again, lead us into an even tighter 2-1 win over Jong PSV, where Feyenoord Rotterdam loanee Mats Knoester headed home from a corner on 86 minutes to give us the win. A disappointing 1-2 defeat to Fortuna Sittard  was followed by an even more disappointing 1-1 draw with FC Oss, Jamie Watt fumbling into the net on 78 mins to give them the draw. Two 2-1 wins in three games against SC Cambuur-Leeuwarden & FC Volendam sandwiched a quite remarkable 4-0 win over Achilles '29, with three of the four goals coming in the last 20 minutes.

A run of three draws, 1-1 with newly-promoted SV Spakenburg, a 0-0 with Helmond Sport and finally a 1-1 with FC Den Bosch, who equalised on 85 minutes meant that the next game, a 3-1 win over Heracles Almeo, was a pleasant surprise. The following game, a 0-2 loss to NAC Breda, was less of a pleasant surprise...

After that misstep, we then ground out a 0-0 draw with De Graafschap. Ezra Walian popped up on 70 minutes to send us home with all three points in a 1-0 win over VVV Venlo. Finally, the last two games of January were 0-0 draws against the Jongs of FC Utrecht and Ajax.

- Table - Results -

In the KNVB Beker, we were utterly outclassed by Eredivisie side Roda JC Kerkade, seeking revenge for last season's exit at our hands. Roda were irresistible, winning 0-4.

Transfers

Two players were released on 1 Jan, 35 year old midfielder Bas Sibum & goalkeeper Tamati Williams were both on amateur contracts, so the releasing wasn't too much of an issue for us. Two other amateur contract players left in January too. Full back Dwayne Green left for RBC Roosendahl & forward Yesin Ben Mohammed was snatched up by Go Ahead Eagles. Finally, two players left for cash. Forward Pieter Langedijk struggled for form and fitness this season and a value bid of £65k from Eredivisie side SC Telstar was too good to turn down. Then, I sold on-loan full back Mark Engerbrink to FC Volendam for £40k.

However, on deadline day, a £100k offer for Roel van der Sande was received from Sparta Rotterdam and, being as he was our second highest earner, I felt it was a good deal to let him go.

Coming into the club in October, I picked up midfielder Borja Sanchez, late of Real Madrid's C team, to help with a midfield issue when injuries bit. Next came two amateur signings; goalkeeper Boy de Jong from SC Telstar & midfielder Siem de Witt from Vancouver Whitecaps 2. Also coming in on amateur contracts were centre-back Jeffery van Nuland from Helmond Sport and left back Nicky Kuiper from FC Eindhoven

However, we were able to swoop for transfer listed FC Twente Enschede forward Mumar Tankovic, paying £130k for his services. 

2018 RKC Waalwijk Youth Intake

30828636161_cf0f95c5d2_b.jpg

Full Intake Overview

AMR Jurgen van Nuland

AMC Sami Boucetta

ST Bilal Houari

A decent intake. Just decent. I think van Nuland will get the odd game when I play 4-2-3-1, but he's not good enough to play wing back which is what I use. Maybe he'll be good transfer fodder with a sell-on. Boucetta can be easily retrained to MC and Houari will get training at False Nine.

Archived