Advanced rules FM 2017 editor - ask the experts

KUBI

I'm also interested in how to make the poorest - either lowest reputation or lowest placing in the division - from a league play a preliminary round in a custom cup.

All my efforts so far have resulted in the best 4 teams always playing the preliminary round...

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, aemud said:

I'm also interested in how to make the poorest - either lowest reputation or lowest placing in the division - from a league play a preliminary round in a custom cup.

All my efforts so far have resulted in the best 4 teams always playing the preliminary round...

screenshot of "teams" section please...

2 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

screenshot of "teams" section please...

Certainly.

I'd like to note however that I've tried multiple combinations to no effect (sort by last position, reverse order).

Clipboard01.png

set like this here:

-get all teams from division,  league one , set incremental seedings starting with 1, sort teams by reputation or last position, tick reverse teams

-get all teams from division, premier div, all teams get same seeding - 0

6 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

set like this here:

-get all teams from division,  league one , set incremental seedings starting with 1, sort teams by reputation or last position, tick reverse teams

-get all teams from division, premier div, all teams get same seeding - 0

Thank you!

One other thing: if a cup uses teams from child competitions, which are all the same level, all should receive same seeding, a higher number than the division above?

repost because i still need help...

Hello! 

I downloaded a database with 4 Chinese divisions, and I manually added playoffs to them. However, when I test the rules in the editor, it says that "Match date in China League One (Monday 1st January 1900) lies outside competition date range March 2016 to December 2016". I have playoffs set up similar to the English league system (3rd - 6th place play for one promotion spot) in Chinese League One through Chinese Third Division (which are level 2 through 4, below the Super League). I have failed to resolve this issue myself (I read that the playoff dates may be the cause but I can't figure out how to correct it). Attached is said editor file, and it'll be nice for someone to guide me through this. 

Thanks in advance

4 divs china 5.2_6157839F-4365-443A-AC7F-235FD19D5A3A.fmf

32 minutes ago, aemud said:

Thank you!

One other thing: if a cup uses teams from child competitions, which are all the same level, all should receive same seeding, a higher number than the division above?

yeah- higher seeding number will enter earlier in cup

I've been having another issue for awhile and I guess this is the best spot to ask the question.

When making the main FA Cup I wanted the final to be played at neutral ground, a specific stadium. During the first few iterations of the db this worked but after awhile it stopped: right now, in-game there is always a "draw" for home team and the match is played at the grounds of one of the finalists. I'm attaching the relevant details in the hope that someone might offer some insight as to what is wrong.

And by the same error I guess the neutral stadium rules for the semi-finals don't work either.

Clipboard02.png

Clipboard03.png

Clipboard01.png

4 hours ago, aemud said:

I've been having another issue for awhile and I guess this is the best spot to ask the question.

When making the main FA Cup I wanted the final to be played at neutral ground, a specific stadium. During the first few iterations of the db this worked but after awhile it stopped: right now, in-game there is always a "draw" for home team and the match is played at the grounds of one of the finalists. I'm attaching the relevant details in the hope that someone might offer some insight as to what is wrong.

And by the same error I guess the neutral stadium rules for the semi-finals don't work either.

Clipboard02.png

Clipboard03.png

Clipboard01.png

This option works only when you add list of stadiums in competition section

10 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

This option works only when you add list of stadiums in competition section

So I need to add more than one in addition to the one already under "stadiums for fixture"?

25 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

if you add 4-5 game will use random from that list. I use "ask competition" settings with X number of stadiums in this list.

I'll try that, thanks!

But in the end, the editor still won't allow for one single stadium (such as with Wembley) to always host the final?

22 minutes ago, aemud said:

I'll try that, thanks!

But in the end, the editor still won't allow for one single stadium (such as with Wembley) to always host the final?

You can set specific stadium if you want- this works- i use it for some county cups

6 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

You can set specific stadium if you want- this works- i use it for some county cups

Curious. I mean, I know I can set a specific stadium in the editor, I've done that, but it hasn't worked. Maybe I need to make changes in more than one section?

On 5/6/2017 at 17:10, GeofriFMITA said:

I would like to add a national cup with only qualified teams from position 10 to position 18. How can I select those teams?

I have not yet managed to get teams that ended the previous championship in a range of positions (ex. from sixth to tenth)

Hello! My league schedule currently looks like this. there is a span of three weeks in october where there is no match at all, whereas in june the schedule is kinda congested. i wonder if there is a way to even out the games so i can fill that gap in october and even out some weeks that have two games (i want mostly every week to host only one game). thank you!

error idk what.png

Hello Everyone. This is my first post in this community. I want to ask one thing. 

How to create the AFC Cup 2017 with its changed format. I know that the AFC Cup exists in fm 17 but with the old format.

In the new format there are zone based groups and zonal semifinals and so on. How to recreate those in fm editor 2017 ?

Thanks in Advance

hello everyone, I would like to change the rules of club world championship. I would like to change it into another format that start with 4 groups which contains 16 teams from the champion of 6 champions leagues and also several league champions such as England premier league. However, it comes out differently. It turned into the teams that join the cup is mostly from Brazil and and Argentina. What I want is just one team from each champions leagues winners and also several leagues winners that from different countries. Can anyone help me with that?

Capture.PNG

Capture 1.PNG

Capture 2.PNG

Probably an easy question to some of you guys, but is there a way of editing the advanced rules so that it keeps the history of past winners in my reserve leagues I've created. For whatever reason when I test the sim I run the records aren't kept recorded, although past stats are? Cheers for any help! 

Hey guys

I'm using a real results file with a custom start date file to start my game in May 2017. But as it turns out, playoff results were not added and I understand that you cannot add results to playoffs and tournaments. So I want to know if there is a way to select the teams via the editor for promotion, while preserving the real results of the season. 

Can anyone help me?

Hello Experts!

I want to use this advanced editor feature of forcing relegation for teams that waste to much money :)

I've tried to get it to work with different solutions but failing everytime.

This is what it does do:
* You get the news that you failed FFP and are going to get relegated but then you never really get relegated
*If I change "force relegation" to deduction of points it actually works as intended.

So I think the problem might be in assigning the places from the lower division to be used?

If you know of any solution or have an idea Im thankful.

Rele.png

On 6/25/2017 at 14:53, Soham Kundu said:

I am getting this error. The rules are verified in basic mode. I convert them to advanced rules and am getting this error without making a single change. Please Help!!!!!!

Capture.JPG

Dei Ke_50422A2F-C84C-4476-84E0-0035626E81A7.fmf

You have probably set number of rounds to, and have assigned more match days. For example: 4 teams league need 3 match days if you have set number of rounds (how many times 2 teams play each other) to 1 and 6 if you have set rounds to 2 and 9 matchdays for 3 rounds and so on.

13 hours ago, bhatanil919 said:

You have probably set number of rounds to, and have assigned more match days. For example: 4 teams league need 3 match days if you have set number of rounds (how many times 2 teams play each other) to 1 and 6 if you have set rounds to 2 and 9 matchdays for 3 rounds and so on.

Yes. You are right. I had set 4 matchdays for a 4 team group

Hi,

i've searched all over the forum on stadiums and hosts but could not find the solution for my problem, hence posting. Please read through my problem, if its already been answered kindly let me know the link to it. 

I have created a Knockout cup of 128 teams, meaning it would have 7 stages. My problem is very specific.

• first 4 stages need to held in neutral stadiums and last 3 to be hosted by a nation.

OR

• all the stages except for final should played in neutral stadiums and the final should be hosted by a stadium. Like in champions league (Except, No Home Games)

Could anyone please help me with this. 

Thanks in advance. 

Hi,

hopefully i can get some advice to my problem. I want to edit the sqaud fixture rules for the Euro Cup. Unfortunately i can't find the place where they are hiding. Anyone here that could give me a hint?

Thanks in advance.

I am receiving a message "League has not finished in time for the season update day." What are some common reasons for this message? I am trying to create a multi-stage competition with top playoffs to determine league champion along with relegation playoffs which only contain one round out of four teams with the two losers relegated. I am using advanced rules.

maybe, this is not best place for this question but here it goes... is it possible to make fm17  starts in june 2017 instead of june 2016... i'm making 2017-2018 db and i'd like to see that game actually starts this summer for new 2017-18 season..thanks in advance for reply

On 6/30/2017 at 09:17, bhatanil919 said:

Hi,

i've searched all over the forum on stadiums and hosts but could not find the solution for my problem, hence posting. Please read through my problem, if its already been answered kindly let me know the link to it. 

I have created a Knockout cup of 128 teams, meaning it would have 7 stages. My problem is very specific.

• first 4 stages need to held in neutral stadiums and last 3 to be hosted by a nation.

OR

• all the stages except for final should played in neutral stadiums and the final should be hosted by a stadium. Like in champions league (Except, No Home Games)

Could anyone please help me with this. 

Thanks in advance. 

Could you please upload the file?

On 07/07/2017 at 13:29, Luke Cro said:

maybe, this is not best place for this question but here it goes... is it possible to make fm17  starts in june 2017 instead of june 2016... i'm making 2017-2018 db and i'd like to see that game actually starts this summer for new 2017-18 season..thanks in advance for reply

Yes it is - however, it essentially means the 2016/17 season doesn't happen. Check my updated Scottish file at http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=954170072 for an example (you need to use "deferrals" in the competitions under advanced editor, and change the start dates one year on too).

On 07/07/2017 at 03:16, atcdelay said:

I am receiving a message "League has not finished in time for the season update day." What are some common reasons for this message? I am trying to create a multi-stage competition with top playoffs to determine league champion along with relegation playoffs which only contain one round out of four teams with the two losers relegated. I am using advanced rules.

To be honest, the best bet is to keep an original file saved and use a further file from it to keep testing until it works. Reasons can vary from not putting "competitions that must finish before" in, "fate actions" need to be put a certain way, "fixture dates" need to work etc.

On 05/07/2017 at 00:55, sargenaldo said:

So I'm trying to set up a 6-team MLS playoff with the top 2 teams getting a first round bye. I'm not sure If I do this using the fate options or the draw mapping settings. Any insight into this?

The easiest way to do this (IMO) is as follows:

At round one, add all 6 teams, though state 2 matches and set the seedings to be "based on league position" for example. What should happen is that the top 2 sides are automatically given a bye. For an example, look at my Scottish file I posted above, I've used this methos for the Scottish Cup and it works as intended.

So...

Now that I've hopefully helped with a couple of these, it's me that requires help!!!

Is there a way of setting up relegation playoffs involving sides from both leagues (use the Scottish leagues relegation playoffs as an example) for specific divisions while under a greater umbrella?

To further explain - say the upper level has 4 leagues. The lower level has 6. I want to set up a relegation playoff between a specific league from the 4 and a specific league from the 6, one side each.

Hi experts!

Maybe a dumb question, but I would like to edit things in the Hungarian 1st and 2nd league, but the advanced rules option is grey. How could I make it active?

I have created a UK league system which replaces the english, scottish, welsh, irish and northern irish systems. All clubs have nation set to england but based nation remains unchanged (eg all scottish teams have nation set to england but based nation is still scotland) 

For the bottom level of my system, i have created a league with 5 sub divisions (English regional, Scottish regional, Welsh regional, Irish regional and N Irish regional) Each league has its boundaries set and only has one round due to large number of teams involved and no cup competitions. What im trying to do is make sure that when 10 teams are relegated from the league above, they all go into the relevant regional league - so english teams go into the english regional, welsh teams go into the welsh regional etc. This means that each of the 5 regional leagues will not have a set ammount of teams as it will change depending on the based nation of the teams who get relegated. 

These regional leagues will be unplayable but I want to make sure the relegations/promotions work properly. Can anyone advise me on this?

Here is the league structure:

Level 1 UK Premier League
Level 2 UK Major League 1
Level 3 UK Major League 2
Level 4 UK Major League 3
Level 5 UK Major League 4
Level 6 UK Major League 5
Level 7 UK Major League 6
Level 8 UK Major League 7
Level 9 UK Auxiliary Leagues 1 - 8
Level 10 UK Regional Leagues

UKFA Cup (Teams from Premier League and Major Leagues)
UK Auxiliary Cup (Teams from Auxiliary Leagues)
UK Cup Winners Cup (Winner of UKFA Cup and Winner of the Auxiliary Cup)

On 12. 07. 2017. at 23:07, Morrissey said:

Yes it is - however, it essentially means the 2016/17 season doesn't happen. Check my updated Scottish file at http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=954170072 for an example (you need to use "deferrals" in the competitions under advanced editor, and change the start dates one year on too).

@Morrissey can you put screenshot of part of adv rules to change the starting year??

1 minute ago, Luke Cro said:

@Morrissey can you put screenshot of part of adv rules to change the starting year??

Here you go - you'll need to change every league & cup like this (start year offset) and under the nation, change the start dates as shown.

Untitled1.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

thanks mate... this works and even edited stats for 2016/17 for players show up in career stats screen...

and now if you can another one...

croatian 2nd level from season 2018/19 expands from 12 to 16 clubs... after end of this season, last positioned club (12th) in 2017/2018 season gets relegated to third league (in croatia there are third league east, west or south - 3 groups and relegated club goes to its regional division for 3rd level)

so 1st and 2nd placed teams from croatian third league west and east (4 teams) and 1st placed team from croatian third league south ( 1 team) get promoted to 2nd league for season 2018/2019

so, 11 teams of 2nd league from 2017/2018 season + 5 clubs from third leagues (same season) make 16 clubs 2nd league for season 2018/2019... relegation rules: 3 teams are relegated, and 3 teams get promotion to 2nd league (champions of 3 groups of 3rd league)

Now tough part is how to bloody do it?? :D 

and 3 groups of 3rd league all have 16 teams in this season and they should have that number in future seasons...

'cause i'm working on entire structure of croatian football, that means other lower leagues need to be ajusted (i mean on number of teams in each division)

@krlenjushka mate do you know how to do this??

Hi guys, I would like to do a new FIFA Club World Cup that would be played instead of the FIFA Confederations Cup.

This would work, more or less, like in the NT FIFA World Cup... Certain number of teams from each confederation, the perfect way to do this it would be to use the coefficient of the teams on the previous season (for example, for the FIFA Club World Cup 2017, we would need to use the coefficient from july 2016 in Europe, January 2017 for South America and I don't really know the rest.

Another idea is to use the winners of the Champions Leagues in the previous years and then the coefficients, but from Oceania, for example, this would need a qualifying between the champions of the last years.

I don't know how to do any of these, would someone like to do this or point me in the right direction?

Thank you.

Archived