The Quarter Finals are here! QF1 - Poland VS Portugal

Baptista_8

I need a Portugese person to give me numbers for the lottery.

3 7 15 22 34 39

You're welcome.

he gained weight (all muscle) way too quickly, probably like 15-20 kgs in year and half

20 kgs of PURE MUSCLE. :D I didn't watch him in the youth teams, was he made out of paper? :D

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm genuinely stunned that you think he's been good. He's been so far from that I have to question your sanity.

He has been good. Been holding the ball up when the focal point, supplying crosses/passes when he's dropped deep for likes of Nani, and constantly on the move.

He scores goals he gets mocked by people like you for real because he offers nothing else, this tournament he's offered other parts to his game but been **** at scoring and still been labelled poor.

He's gotten better at linking up play as the tournament went on, but he was absolute crap at it in the earlier group stage matches. In fact it was infuriating how all of our central play tended to go through him instead of the FOUR playmakers we were putting on the pitch. Yeah let's give the ball to our most selfish player whilst also removing him from the finishing area (where he incidentally is at his best), when we're starting off moves just so he can make backheel flicks in midfield for Youtube, brilliant.

He has been good. Been holding the ball up when the focal point, supplying crosses/passes when he's dropped deep for likes of Nani, and constantly on the move.

He scores goals he gets mocked by people like you for real because he offers nothing else, this tournament he's offered other parts to his game but been **** at scoring and still been labelled poor.

He's always constantly on the move. I criticise Cristiano a lot but never his movement, it's the best in world football.

There one was great cross from him this tournament in the group stages, but you're acting like he's been playing great passes all tournament. He's been very quiet, shots aside, and his finishing has been much worse than normal.

It's an average at best tournament for him so far, if you want to be very kind.

3 7 15 22 34 39

You're welcome.

20 kgs of PURE MUSCLE. :D I didn't watch him in the youth teams, was he made out of paper? :D

He wasn't thin...like Rafa thin...but he was light weighted. He was never a "shock" player, especially defensive tasks shock. He was an attacking midfielder with little defensive responsabilities. RV placed him as CM, and sometimes even as DMC. Nowadays he uses his strength to gain possession and lost agility and passing accuracy. 180º change in no time.

I still prefered the old version. Ball transport machine, getting inside the opposite pk areas often and scoring loads.

I've just had a random thought (I know it isn't related to this game but humour me ffs :D ): with these one person kick offs, I'm assuming you can't score directly as it's like an indirect freekick?

So if, say, Ronaldo was to shoot and the keeper got the slightest of fingertips to it in an attempted save as it goes in, it would count. HOWEVER, would it go down as a Ronaldo goal or a keeper own goal? Considering the attempted save would never, in normal play, be considered an OG...

And breathe :D

No doubt Ronaldo will be the one to try it.

I was thinking other day, haven't seen anyone try it in a rugby style (I'm going to try it next time I play football if Ref uses these rules).

Get 3/4 of your fastest players to line up either on the left side or right side depending which is the weakest full back/CB that side, then kick it high and deep towards the corner and chase after it, immediately putting the opposition under pressure. Either see them comfortably play it out if not there in time, or if it's England style, **** your pants and make a mess off it resulting in 4 attackers up there against just a few defenders.

I've just had a random thought (I know it isn't related to this game but humour me ffs :D ): with these one person kick offs, I'm assuming you can't score directly as it's like an indirect freekick?

Well no, you are allowed to score direct from a kick-off (no idea why you wouldn't be?).

You certainly weren't allowed to score from a kick-off under the previous rules as it forced you to pass backwards!

Nah mate, I think you have misunderstood this completely. The law up until a few weeks ago specified that you had to kick the ball forwards (and it allowed for a goal to be scored directly from the KO). The change for this year allows you to kick it in any direction you like because 99.9% of the time the team that take the KO wants to get play going among themselves in their own half and to do that you needed two players doing the short tap sideways and kick-back routine and it was just silly to have that happen every time a KO was taken.

Edit: Everyone got the same bright idea at the same time. :D

Oops, sorry, brainfade.

I don't know why I haven't ever seen anyone try to score directly from the KO then. Because I've seen plenty trying to lob the keeper with the 2nd or 3rd touch. Well "plenty" as in, you can find it on youtube, not something you see regularly in top level competition.

Archived