Lack of Penalties

I was about to start a thread about this! Had my first penalty awarded (for or against) in my second season, in my 41st competitive game (although none happened in my 17 friendlies either). After this mammoth wait, it was of course duly blazed over the bar!

I have had 8 in my first season with Man City I notice the more direct you play the more you can draw fouls, Mr Toure likes to miss the pens too.

Yeah, if you take into account penalty shootouts, im 7 from 21 in my Arsenal save (2 seasons), 11 from 25 in my Ajax save (4 seasons) and 17 from 55 in my Leeds save (7 seasons)... 34 from 101 overall im FM16 and thats not including beta. Even more disgusting is the fact im a penalty taker in real life and its really not that hard! :lol:

Yeah, if you take into account penalty shootouts, im 7 from 21 in my Arsenal save (2 seasons), 11 from 25 in my Ajax save (4 seasons) and 17 from 55 in my Leeds save (7 seasons)... 34 from 101 overall im FM16 and thats not including beta. Even more disgusting is the fact im a penalty taker in real life and its really not that hard! :lol:

34 misses from 101 penalties?!

SI surely this is a bit off from real life statistics?

34 misses from 101 penalties?!

SI surely this is a bit off from real life statistics?

Flip that, its 34 scored in 101 penalties! so 67 missed! Most saved too. Im getting the feeling you need an 18+ stat for Pens to be really effective. At Arsenal i had Ozil (14), Cazorla (16) taking them, Leeds had Antenucci (15) and Callum Wilson (13), Ajax had Milik (15) and Cerny (14).

Playing as Gateshead in League 2 and into January in the second season. Got a left winger called Cushley who has scored 11 penalties so far this season for my team. 100% conversion rate and hasn't got a 20 for pens. Highest in League 2 for goals from penalies.

Playing as Gateshead in League 2 and into January in the second season. Got a left winger called Cushley who has scored 11 penalties so far this season for my team. 100% conversion rate and hasn't got a 20 for pens. Highest in League 2 for goals from penalies.

It's stories like this that make me lose faith in how much the stats actually have on penalties tbf. How do we know what's really going on under the hood?

It's stories like this that make me lose faith in how much the stats actually have on penalties tbf. How do we know what's really going on under the hood?

Why, in what way does it make you lose faith?

I've just checked my player David Cushley and he has a pen rating of 11, hes actually my 3rd choice penalty taker but due to form and injury my top 2 aren't in the team this season.

I was just stating compared to the OP that said they never get penalties, I was pointing out I did. Although it's 10 he has scored not 11. He has scored 11 goals all season but 10 from the spot. 100% conversion though. 6 out of 6 in the league.

One are I never score from is Direct Free-Kicks. In 1 and a half seasons, I haven't scored 1. I feel it's down to the players not a bug etc though. My players just aren't good enough.

Flip that, its 34 scored in 101 penalties! so 67 missed! Most saved too. Im getting the feeling you need an 18+ stat for Pens to be really effective. At Arsenal i had Ozil (14), Cazorla (16) taking them, Leeds had Antenucci (15) and Callum Wilson (13), Ajax had Milik (15) and Cerny (14).

Well I got Vidal at Bayern (18) and he still loves missing penalties! Think the conversion rate is a tad off this season, overal when I looked at the bundesliga most teams were sitting around 60-70% conversion rate.

The overal rate of penalties given seems fine though, you get more if you're a team that gets players into the box aggressively and if you play wider or more defensively you're naturally going to have less chance at fouls inside the area.

Archived