'Only on Football Manager'

Recently FM sarcastically posted this on the Facebook page regarding Gary Neville coaching Valencia, so what are transfers or manager movements have happened in your saves that you would deem 'unrealistic' or just comical?

I am only one year into my Sheffield United save but I have seen:

Pardew made manager of England (he said he could do it!)

Klopp leave Liverpool for City and then Liverpool get Mancini

Barca wait until the day before the season starts to hire a new manager even though their old coach resigned in early June.

And one for any A-League fans out there, Kenny Lowe (who's team are currently last IRL) lead Perth Glory to their maiden HAL title and Lowe getting inducted into the hall of fame.

What have you seen>

Roy Hodgson left his post as England manager after Euro 2016, following a semi-final exit. We - Scotland - did beat them in the Group Stages, which dear old Roy took very well.

Eddie Howe then took over, and spent the next four years turning into a seething, spitting mess as we played them twice in World Cup Qualifying. They won the first, and dear old Eddie took my assertion that we deserved something from the game to heart. Which made it all the sweeter when we beat them in the return leg at Wembley. We didn't invade the pitch this time though, although we tried. Eddie lasted until they were put out of Euro 2020 in the 1st knockout round...by Scotland. Eddie once again acted magnaminously, and turned into a seething mess before he was sacked.

Andre Villas Boas lasted for one more tournament, before they were put out in the Group Stage of World Cup 2022 in Argentina.

Now Zinedine Zidane of all people is in charge, and England look pretty good again.

Just found my new personal favourite, the new manager of Inter is... David Moyes. Also AVB has replaced Pardew at Palace.

The reason Woy got sacked is they got knocked out of EURO 2016 after finishing last in their group and losing to Czech Republic and Russia. They did beat Switzerland who finished top of the group and made it to the Quarter Finals though, the score was 7-1.

I had a long-term save on FM13 where Vincenzo Montella returned to Rome, won several Serie A and CL titles and stole Fergie's first place in the Hall of Fame.

In my current save, I'm playing in the Danish Second Division. On of our rivals just fired their manager and hired - Jari Litmanen...

I just signed Mario Götze back to Dortmund for £5.5m at the start of season 2. He only played 7 matches the first season and had been 'unh' since approx October '15.

It's not entirely unrealistic to think he might move back to Dortmund, but he's gonna command a whopping transfer fee in real life. £5.5m is about as close to a steal as you can get.

Also Jürgen Klopp is in talks to take over Barcelona at the same time. After only a single (pretty successful) season with Liverpool :D

In my save, middle of 3rd season..Ancelotti @MAnUtd, Blanc @Arsenal, i'm not sure who manages City, after Pellegrini there was Emery but he got sacked recently..Klopp is at Southampton I think and Liverpool just hired De Boer who was at Villa and Southampton but got sacked from both posts. Mourinho is piling up trophies at Chelsea. Pocchetino at Tottenham,won BPL last season with last week win over my Everton away with 10 men going from 0-1 to 2-1 and knocking me from 4th to 5th in the process. that was a bitter pill to swallow.

PS and Barcelona is going 49 league games unbeaten with Enrique.

Archived