[FM16][SKIN] Football Manager 2016 Base Skins

michaeltmurrayuk

Michael, I hope you can help me with something. A few days ago, I created this thread, but unfortunately, had no answer. So do you think it's possible to make it work? Or it isn't coded in the same way? I hope you can clarify this for me :)

If you are using a dark skin then no it's not possible to change the full FM16 titlebar back to the FM15 one (as you can only recolour the dropdown arrows in the menubar to black at the moment).

If you are using a light skin then it should be possible - there are a couple of threads around discussing how to undo the actionbar recolouring and how to remove the contrast change on the team colours, these instructions can then be used to recolour the back/forward arrows, whilst changing the fm button is just a case of changing the graphic used for it.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For some reason I can't see font sizes in settings.xml like I used to, where can I change the titlebar header font size?

They can be changed in either of two ways, if you only want to change the text sizes in those two places then they are controlled by the 'titlebar search panel.xml' which you'll need to extract from the default panels.fmf file, in that file will be some size="XXX" codes, just adjust the size type or values to change the size.

If you want to change the text size more generally then most text sizes are controlled by the various xml files found in the fonts folder for the base skin, the fonts in the titlebar are controlled by the text.xml file, near the top of that file will be various text sizes with their values declared, changing these will change the text sizes (by default the titlebar fonts are assigned to xlarge and xsmall).

If you are using a dark skin then no it's not possible to change the full FM16 titlebar back to the FM15 one (as you can only recolour the dropdown arrows in the menubar to black at the moment).

If you are using a light skin then it should be possible - there are a couple of threads around discussing how to undo the actionbar recolouring and how to remove the contrast change on the team colours, these instructions can then be used to recolour the back/forward arrows, whilst changing the fm button is just a case of changing the graphic used for it.

I want the FM15 titlebar, to look like the one in FM16, not the other way, I think you got that wrong. My english is not very good, sorry :)

I want the FM15 titlebar, to look like the one in FM16, not the other way, I think you got that wrong. My english is not very good, sorry :)

Sorry, then no as from what I remember it wasn't possible to get the actionbar text to recolour with the team colours in FM15, which would leave the text unreadable for some teams.

So to make things easier for people I've put up some base skins that are identical to the default skins that come with the game, so you can add new files/graphics to these without messing up the original skins, and anything that isn't located in these new skin folders will be taken from the default locations within the game.

Sorry for the noob question, but why doesn't the base skin contain the original files for panels? I meant why the "panels" folder is empty? I need to make some minor changes to player's profile screen, but I don't have the original fm16 file that refers to the player's profile screen. Please note, I don't want to build new look of the screen thus creating new file or using older fm version's files. I want to tweak the width & height of some boxes and keep everything else as it is by default.

Sorry for the noob question, but why doesn't the base skin contain the original files for panels? I meant why the "panels" folder is empty? I need to make some minor changes to player's profile screen, but I don't have the original fm16 file that refers to the player's profile screen. Please note, I don't want to build new look of the screen thus creating new file or using older fm version's files. I want to tweak the width & height of some boxes and keep everything else as it is by default.

Because there are hundreds of files that will increase the file size, the time it takes to put together the base skins, it also means all of the files would then have to be checked after a patch creating a load of work. Also the default skins (and user made custom skins should) work like this, the only files that are supossed to be included within the skin are those that have been edited for that skin.

The original profile file is included with the game, to extract it just follow this guide: [FM2015 Guide] How to Extract Default Files & Understanding File Structure

In my infinite request to keep on skinning I seem to have come across this problem with what looks like some of the Inbox panels being too small or out of shape. Ie, missing text and an outer line around the outside of the possession graphic.

Obviously the Inbox panel.xml file would deem the place to go but I can't see any reference to size.

Inbox_%20%20Inbox-2_zpsrqnvbdvz.png

Many thanks in advance

In my infinite request to keep on skinning I seem to have come across this problem with what looks like some of the Inbox panels being too small or out of shape. Ie, missing text and an outer line around the outside of the possession graphic.

Obviously the Inbox panel.xml file would deem the place to go but I can't see any reference to size.

Inbox_%20%20Inbox-2_zpsrqnvbdvz.png

Many thanks in advance

That's controlled by the 'news_item_panels\match report news panel.xml' file deleting that file from the skin should revert the file back to normal.

If you haven't touched that file then it looks like the problem might be with your boxes\bordered graphics as it looks like you have increased the top image border for the bordered boxes as everything on the right hand side of our screenshot should be appearing at the top of the subpanels. You can either set the top image border of your bordered_boxes back to normal (5 pixels) or in that xml file you can assign each of those right side boxes to a different box (though you might need to do that on every news xml file).

how do i change background color from grey to black?

In the settings\settings.xml file locate this line:

<colour name="ui_background" red="51" green="59" blue="66"/>

and adjust the values, the lower the number the darker the colour, so 0 0 0 will be pure black but you might want to use values inbetween the default values and zero as pure black might not look as good as a softer black.

Hi Michael, is it possible to increase the boldness of this panel? 33yq4up.png

You need to edit the 'team squad.xml' file

Locate the lines that look like this:

<flags id="Pnms" />

<!-- person name -->

And

<flags id="PSag" />

<!-- person age -->

And change them so they read:

<record id="Pnms" spec="bold"/>

<!-- person name -->

And

<record id="PSag" spec="bold"/>

<!-- person age -->

Though you might need to apply these changes to each view and they may not apply to custom views.

Michael,

I've downloaded my own morale icons, which show correctly in most screens but don't show at all in this panel, which is in the player profile page.

Dylan%20Peperkamp_%20Overview%20Profile_zpsb9eqcwal.png

Would you have any idea why this could be?

Many thanks in advance.

Michael,

I've downloaded my own morale icons, which show correctly in most screens but don't show at all in this panel, which is in the player profile page.

Dylan%20Peperkamp_%20Overview%20Profile_zpsb9eqcwal.png

Would you have any idea why this could be?

Many thanks in advance.

Did you replace the @x2 sizes as well?

I did but I have since noticed that the icons folder has a couple more sub folders so maybe that's where my problem lies.

I shall try replacing all of these icons and see if that works.

Thanks.

I had a look, i cant see where its pulling them from either.. its not a panel i use much, but i'll keep an eye on if you find it :) gd luck

I did but I have since noticed that the icons folder has a couple more sub folders so maybe that's where my problem lies.

I shall try replacing all of these icons and see if that works.

Thanks.

This was the cause of the icons not showing on the player profile page as well as the tactics screen pitch. Soon as I replaced these with mine and cleared the cache everything showed up correctly. :thup:

wkdsoul

michaeltmurrayuk

I downloaded the skin dark, and wanted to exchange the shields of times the kits. Not only managed to increase the size of the kits. What I do?

If you mean you want kits on the match screens instead of logos then have a look at this thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/443250-FM16-MOD-Match-Screen-Kits-Mod

Hey Michael,

I was wondering if you'd be able to help me get rid of the coloured dot behind the players national badge?

Also the coloured dot team badge to the right (under the 'Wnt' badge).

90dsol.jpg

I have no experience skinning, but this is genuinely the only thing that bugs me. Any help is massively appreciated.

NE.

edit: the managers have it how I want it :)

j5fps0.jpg

and I'm not sure if this part is linked either :D

2lkp3ba.jpg

Easiest way to do it is inside the graphics folder for the base skin you are using create a new folder called icons and then inside that create another new folder called 26px and then finally inside that folder create a new png graphic file called circle that is just a 1x1 pixel transparent image. (If you cannot make a transparent one just make one with the same colour as the background in your screenshots as it should be hidden behind the actual logo all the time anyway).

Then if the skin cache is on turn it off and refresh your skin and those circles should now be replaced with a transparent image that isn't visible.

Thanks for that Michael, you're a legend :brock:

edit: sorry to be a bother, but it's left a grey box on the scout reports.

That should use the same graphic, so making the graphic transparent should have hidden it from that panel, if you haven't already make the previous graphic only 1x1 pixels to see if that hides it, if that doesn't work you'll need to edit the 'player scout reports inbox panel.xml' file found in the panels folder (if you don't know how to extract the default files read this: [FM2015 Guide] How to Extract Default Files & Understanding File Structure) in that file located this bit of code:

<!-- Team badge with coloured background circle portrait -->

<container>

<widget class="picture" file="icons/26px/circle" id="ntcl" image_alignment="top, centre_y" scale_picture="true">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0"/>

</widget>

And delete the red bolded bits.

Any body know what controls the the text in the white box on the calender screen? I would like to change it to black.

screenshot_zpseorgomxl.png

As best as I can tell the text is hardcoded to be white, however the colour of the box is determined by this value in the settings file:

<colour name="standard_label" red="39" green="150" blue="224"/>

Thank you micheal, that did the trick.

Though I've now found how to recolour the text (so you can keep the white box if you want)

You need to edit the 'label.xml' file from \skins\fm-widgets\graphics\labels\custom\processing\world news\

And add the following lines to the xml fille:

<!-- title properties -->

<record id="font_spec">

<colour id="colr" name="black"/>

</record>

And that will recolour the text, you can change the colour name to something else if you want a different colour.

(Where you add them doesn't matter as long as it is inbetween the properties tag)

You haven't installed it correctly, you need to follow the instructions in the opening post.

I have because i have already played with it and it shows up in the drop down menu but if i select it it goes to the default skin.

Very nice michael. Could you help me please. I want to make my own skin and need two panels. 1. I want to show my stadium in my club overview and 2. i want to show backgrounds in my skin. I use your base_dark_skin. I hope you can help and thanks for helping.

I have because i have already played with it and it shows up in the drop down menu but if i select it it goes to the default skin.

If you have edited the skin you need to ensure the value bit in this line in the skin_config file:

<string id="skin_name" value="base16_alt" />

Matches the exact name of the folder for that skin, and if you have downloaded any other skins make sure the same line for them is also correct as it appears some skins have been released without changing that value from the base skin value which might be interfering with the base skin.

Very nice michael. Could you help me please. I want to make my own skin and need two panels. 1. I want to show my stadium in my club overview and 2. i want to show backgrounds in my skin. I use your base_dark_skin. I hope you can help and thanks for helping.

For 1. there should be a panels thread around that should include instructions for displaying the stadium in the club overview screen.

For 2. Instructions for how to enable background changes are in the opening post.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been answered elsewhere, but I was hoping you could let me know how I would go about adding the club logo to the sidebar? There a few skins that do this that I have seen, but seen as there is a space at the bottom of the default sidebar, I was hoping I could fill it with the club logo or the competition logo if I am viewing a league table.

Also is there a way to get the sidebar to show the same colour as the team you are managing instead of being the default dark grey all the time?

Thanks,

Alex

Not sure if this has been answered elsewhere, but I was hoping you could let me know how I would go about adding the club logo to the sidebar? There a few skins that do this that I have seen, but seen as there is a space at the bottom of the default sidebar, I was hoping I could fill it with the club logo or the competition logo if I am viewing a league table.

Also is there a way to get the sidebar to show the same colour as the team you are managing instead of being the default dark grey all the time?

Thanks,

Alex

Have a look at these two threads: [FM15 Guide] How to Edit the Sidebar and [FM15] Sidebar Mods - They are for FM15 but the same ideas should work in FM16 (though you wont be able to just use the downloaded files, you'll need to apply the changes to the fm16 files).

Yellow%20Box.png_zpszoa4vukg.png

Can anyone tell me what line, in what file, controls the yellow colour background in the Inbox screen in my picture?

The colour disappears when you click on the box only to reappear when you switch back to that screen later on.

Many thanks.

Yellow%20Box.png_zpszoa4vukg.png

Can anyone tell me what line, in what file, controls the yellow colour background in the Inbox screen in my picture?

The colour disappears when you click on the box only to reappear when you switch back to that screen later on.

Many thanks.

It should be controlled by the contents of one of the subfolders in this location: \skins\fm-widgets\graphics\tables\custom\inbox

It should be controlled by the contents of one of the subfolders in this location: \skins\fm-widgets\graphics\tables\custom\inbox

Indeed it was.

I just copied the above folders to my base skins graphic folder, and set about copying the contents of the Normal folder to the Optional folder, followed by the necessary value changes of the settings file. Easy really.

Thanks once again for your assistance Michael.

Archived