How big have you made a 'normal' club in FM15?

Hi all,

So I was wondering - have any of you turned a smaller club in FM15 into a huge top 5 world club? Usually I always found in FM it was hard to make a smaller club (i.e lower prem, championship etc) into a truely massive club, the fanbase was always small to grow, so new stadiums were never huge and we never got those huge sponsorship deals that say a Man Utd or Barcelona would get. No I understand this is fairly realistic, Man City probably don't get the deals UTD and Real Madrid do, they don't have that sustained period of success over many era's.

However on FM14 I took over Shef Utd, and got them into europe, once I'd won the Europa league we got some great sponsor deals and things took off massively, I made some great buys and ended up with the best squad Ive ever had in any FM, we had World class players on the bench! I literally won every trophy year after year, new 70k stadium and 300m+ a year in sponsors, we were the biggest club in the world in every aspect.

This is rare I find though, usually even after 5 league wins in a row you still seem smaller than the Man UTD's of the game.

So I wonder if you'd like to share your stories of how big you have managed to make smaller clubs in FM15? (please just FM15).

Thanks

I think shefield utd and wednesday are quite well supported aren't they?

I have made stutgart into a power house it took me till the fourth season to finally beat bayern to the league title and there was only a point between us, in the fifth season i retained and won the champions league and then i quit and took another job.

What are the TV deals like on this version? Any £70m+ deals appearing out of nowhere like on FM14?

Indeed they are. Think it's sitting at £100 million a season for the 21 games, in the mid 2050's. Also includes a phantom £100 million prize pot for the Rock Cup, which the top teams play four games in. Which is nice.

Still no idea what's going on with that, should maybe raise it as a bug for them to look at if they're really really bored.

took blackburn from championship to european champions in 3 seasons. currently expanding ewood park to 38000 capacity which cost 5.5 million. Thing is the board now expect me to win the league and cups even though in my heart we are still a small club

Thanks for the replies. I'm interested in more detail though, i.e how were your sponsorship deals, the attendances and fan base size? In previous FM's it seemed slow to increase

It's going to vary depending on what club you're at. Some clubs might be successful but will never have too much of a fan-base or attendance because there simply aren't enough people.

At Lincoln, I think I've got around 3500 season tickets, in a 19,900 seater stadium that sells out pretty much every game. Sponsorship I'm not sure of, but there's nothing astronomical in there.

It's going to vary depending on what club you're at. Some clubs might be successful but will never have too much of a fan-base or attendance because there simply aren't enough people.

At Lincoln, I think I've got around 3500 season tickets, in a 19,900 seater stadium that sells out pretty much every game. Sponsorship I'm not sure of, but there's nothing astronomical in there.

Yeah that is what I'm trying to find out? Say can a smaller London club become huge compared to say Ipswich given the same level of success, but purely because they are in a bigger city they have a larger possible fanbase?

Blackburn we can rule out here, your still in the small club world really, I'm talking about multiple league winners with new 60k+ stadiums, and 100m+ a year sponsors.

I've semi-cheated several clubs to the top.

Not cheating like just making them the best but like my biggest example was my kilmarnock save where because they start with big debt, i wanted to increase finances and I typed an extra 0 and gave them 30m, which is a boost... but i still had to take them t o the top.

I've semi-cheated several clubs to the top.

Not cheating like just making them the best but like my biggest example was my kilmarnock save where because they start with big debt, i wanted to increase finances and I typed an extra 0 and gave them 30m, which is a boost... but i still had to take them t o the top.

How did your reputation fare as a result? Sponsorships? Fanbase? Kilmarnock isn't the biggest city IRL but it may be just close enough to Glasgow to drag some fans in, but then there would also be competition from the Old Firm.

I half suspect there may be a mechanic in the game where, if you succeed too quickly, sponsorships and fanbase may not quite keep up. As far as the fanbase itself, I wonder if the game takes into account only the actual town/city the club is in or does it account for nearby areas?

How should those variables react though? It's something very difficult to get right, because it's something that has literally never happened in real life. Hypothetical example, but if a club won a title in 1970, and then had thirty years of domination, they would increase those variables, of course they would. But what if they started in 2010 and had 30 years? FM is in a weird bubble where the economy stays relatively static, so it's never going to be truly realistic, in a situation where no-one has any idea what realism is in this case.

I'd be surprised if any of that made any sense tbh :p

Makes total sense and is a superb post forameuss. Its exactly the issue really, it's not realistic so we cannot expect realistic results within it I guess.

I think FM15 is a little harder in the sense that it's not so easy to pick up nailed future world beaters like it was in previous FM14's, which again is more realistic.

How did your reputation fare as a result? Sponsorships? Fanbase? Kilmarnock isn't the biggest city IRL but it may be just close enough to Glasgow to drag some fans in, but then there would also be competition from the Old Firm.

I half suspect there may be a mechanic in the game where, if you succeed too quickly, sponsorships and fanbase may not quite keep up. As far as the fanbase itself, I wonder if the game takes into account only the actual town/city the club is in or does it account for nearby areas?

They got world class reputation awkwardly quickly, like 4 years, but i did get them to the champions league final in that season. Sponsorships never was really that high but as I basically sugerdaddied them with 30m, they didn't have as much need for it. i don't remember the fan base, actually stayed in normal stadium for a long time.

Paris FC - semi-professional team playing in the French 3rd tier. Now one of the top clubs in Europe with over 1 billion estimated value. I have achieved that in only 6 seasons - won L1 two times, won all cups, and current CL champion.

I am playing with Bari in Series A in Italy. When I got there (2032) They were a Series A/B yo-yo club facing a Relegation battle. They had good finances(60 million in the bank).....but in 5 years I have gotten then to consistently make the top 5 in Series A and the quarterfinals of the Euro Cup. 2036-37, I won the Italian Cup and Super Cup. I even got into Champions League........via technicality(AC Milan is broke)

Season Ticket Holders are maxed out at 24031.

After winning Italian Cup, sponsorships became large. gaining about 30-35 million dollars in value per season.

I don't know what Club value was but it is now 259 million and am ranked 43rd. 150 million I the bank.

This isn't great but it is the best I have ever done in either FM 2014 or FM2015.

Currently in the process of attempting this with Gateshead. Won the Conference first season, 12th in League 2 second season, Won League 2 third season and it's now mid November fourth season and I'm 8th in League 1 and 7 points off top. Cautiously optimistic for consecutive promotions.

Archived