Brendan Rodgers 41212 Diamond - Attacking Possession Football

I must first start by saying I didn't create this tactic myself. I tweaked it using the base from a 433 tiki taka style tactic made by Kun. After watching England recently deploying the diamond I got thinking and tweaked a few things to create this tactic right here. I am by no means a tactical mastermind and don't claim that this tactic will win the Premier League with Burnley first season round, but what I am confident it will do will help your team overachieve whilst playing an incredible brand of football much like Liverpool did last year with Brendan Rodgers' diamond.

Animated_Generous_Flatcoatretriever.gif

As you can see this is one of the inspirations for the tactic.

The roles are as follows: GK (SK-D) LB AND RB (FB-A) CB (CD-D) DMC (HB-D) CM (AP-S) AMC (AP-A) STL (F9-S) STR (AF-A)

Tactics_Overview_Overview_3.png

Player requirements are fairly self explanatory. We press all over the park and use a very high line so make sure your centre backs aren't slow. They don't need to be lightning quick but think more of a Koscielny type than Mertesacker. Full backs need to be quick with good stamina as they will bomb up and down the line all game. I tried them with a support role and whilst it was better defensively I preferred FB-A as they are a real threat at times. Think of players like Gibbs and Clyne. The half back (Gerrard role) needs to be a good all rounder as he will both break up play and win tackles and headers whilst acting as a deep lying playmaker when in possession. The centre midfield pairing need to be good passers and good work rate is is a bonus as they will cover a lot of distance closing down. If you are going to put a Coutinho type in an MC spot I would pair him next to a good worker such as a Henderson type. The AMC is a luxury, Carles Gil had 11 key passes vs Liverpool in my brief Aston Villa test so place someone who can unlock the defence there - Coutinho, Lallana, Ozil, Gotze, Isco etc all perfect for this role. The striker on the left needs to be the more creative guy whilst the striker on the right is your goalscorer. I had great success with Bayern using Lewandowski as F9 and Muller as AF or Gotze as F9 and Lewandowski as AF.

Here are some screenshots from my Bayern save and as I'm not a tactic creator just happened upon this by chance tweaking and experimenting I don't have time to spend ages testing. Did a brief start with Aston Villa and the results were encouraging.

Aston_Villa_v_Liverpool_Analysis_Performance.png

Aston_Villa_v_Liverpool_Overview_Overview.png

Aston_Villa_v_Liverpool_Stats_Match_Stats.png

Schedule_Senior_Fixtures_2.png

Schedule_Senior_Fixtures_3.png

Robert_Lewandowski_Overview_Profile_2.jpg

Bundesliga_Overview_Stages_2.png

I don't use OIs, it is plug and play and I never change anything! Corner takers are left backs left corner and right backs right corner.

Any other questions feel fry to ask.. Enjoy and here is the tactic https://www.mediafire.com/?bw3k8ep415gnisb

I'll give it a go and report back. About to start a lower league game. Obviously anyone playing with Bayern should do well but the Villa results didn't look bad even if there weren't that many.

Nice one I highly recommend attacking movement as match prep switching to def positioning every now and then if you felt you were shaky defensively last game.. Done a full season with Villa in a newly started career save as I really enjoyed using them in my brief test. Screenshots coming soon results were incredible!

Ok started a career save with Villa using this tactic and this tactic only - No tweaks purely plug and play! Actually got off to a worse start than I did on my test save with Villa which was annoying and around November time morale was low and we were beaten in consecutive home games by QPR and West Ham. I have full faith in this tactic and knew we just had to ride the wave! It is so important to stick to your guns sometimes and tweak your man management style rather than your tactics. Benteke returned from injury, My underperforming full backs Hutton and Cissokho were dropped (looking back I should have noted their poor dribbling and crossing meant they were a poor fit for the tactic) and we went on a great run, rising up the table. In January I had a clearout (die-hard Villa fans look away now) yes I sold Agbonlahor who missed more CCCs than any striker I have ever managed :mad: New signing Borek Dockal was an absolute revelation.. Every time he gets the ball in sight of goal he's a threat to stick in the top corner (8 goals in 19 all comps) from MCR and the odd AMC is not too shabby at all for £1.8m! Sviatchenko game in for DC cover and Angulo for LB, and Danny Ings came in to replace Gabby but to be honest could not get in the team as Benteke and Weimann were doing their best SAS impression!

I'll let the screenshots tell the story

Barclays_Premier_League_Overview_Stages_2.png

image sharing

Barclays_Premier_League_Stats_Player_2.png

Barclays_Premier_League_Stats_Player_3.png

Barclays_Premier_League_Stats_Team.png

Transfers_Transfer_History.png

Aston_Villa_v_Arsenal_Overview_Overview.png

Tactics_Overview_Overview_4.png

So there you have it! WE ARE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE. Disappointed to miss out on 3rd by goal difference and will now face a nervy playoff. We also are in the FA Cup final and have a great chance against Swansea! A 2-0 win at Old Trafford the standout FA Cup magic. Some great achievements, Benteke and Weimann 19 league goals apiece despite neither of them starting 30 games. The 3 most efficient passers in the league my DMC MC MC and also the highest average possession in the league (Brendan would be proud). Carles Gil was 2nd in assists and key passes despite only 24 starts and I feel a better AMC could be lethal if you like a true no 10 that racks up key passes. On to the Summer where I intend to get rid of the remaining deadwood (Westwood, Clark etc) and further improve the squad for a crack at the Champions League!

MATCH PREP - I used attacking movement throughout although if I had a poor defensive performance ie conceded a few or gave up too many CCCs I would focus on defensive positioning the next game. I used Team Cohesion during both transfer windows too. Hope more people try this tactic which has given me great success in just 1 season with Villa!

I'll give it a go and report back. About to start a lower league game. Obviously anyone playing with Bayern should do well but the Villa results didn't look bad even if there weren't that many.

Here are my results for the full season on my new save.

Schedule_Senior_Fixtures_4.png

Schedule_Senior_Fixtures_6.png

Lower League will be interesting.. The tactic is Attacking and very fluid whilst using a very high line and requiring players to keep the ball when necessary. That said other teams will be poor too and if you make sure your defenders have decent physicals and have a goalscorer in the Advanced Forward role you should be ok.. Out of interest what league are you managing in?

One of the early images implies that you use fifteen TIs, which seems like a huge number. Given your results, it appears to work. What are all of the TIs?

Yep it's funny as my previous save I used one base TI (Play out of defence) whilst adding a few here and there like Jambo98 does in the QPR/Morton thread but this is a tactic that I used the base for and just tweaked around a little the TIs are

Tactics_Overview_Overview_5.png

A lot yeah but I guess they make sense to some extent, we want to press all over and win the ball as quickly as possible, keep the ball when we have it and as it is a narrow formation play wider and roam in the spaces unoccupied!

I really do like the look of this tactic.

Have you by any chance got a wing version though? I like to play my team with wingers but would love a variant of this tactic with wide players.

Put your wingers at full back retrain them! In a diamond the full backs provide the width and bomb up and down really acting like supporting wingers chipping in with plenty of assists and the odd goal. I've just signed Valencia on loan from Man Utd to play right back!

Schedule_Senior_Fixtures_9.png

Barclays_Premier_League_Stats_Player_4.png

Barclays_Premier_League_Stats_Player_5.png

Quick mess about save with Chelsea.. 25 league games in n absolutely flying when was the last time you had THREE players from your own team fighting it out for golden boot?! Thinking of starting a save in League Two road to the prem to truly test this tactic's plug and play ability!

Been using this for about 9 months in game, very pleasant play and general domination of games. Im Accrington Stanley in season 3, top of league one and just beat premier league stoke away in the league cup 4-1!

I miss loads of chances, and most of my conceded goals are from set pieces but im 99% sure that is just my quality of player at this level, plus having no centre backs with height!

Great tactic.

Been using this for about 9 months in game, very pleasant play and general domination of games. Im Accrington Stanley in season 3, top of league one and just beat premier league stoke away in the league cup 4-1!

I miss loads of chances, and most of my conceded goals are from set pieces but im 99% sure that is just my quality of player at this level, plus having no centre backs with height!

Great tactic.

Thanks for the feedback glad it's working! Feel free to tweak the set pieces there is no secret formula to them. I just finished my first season in League Two with Burton was a huge success bring on League One! Sky_Bet_League_2_Overview_Stages.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So...have done 4 years at Harrogate Town, getting promoted in the first year but then stagnating around the bottom of the Vanarama Conference for the next 3 years - this was all using the Apex Predator and Mr Hough tactics. I fancied a change so switched to this earlier tonight - my word, it's been fantastic so far - 4 straight wins with loads of goals, only let in 2 as well. I'm always predicted to finish 24th, this year looks like it could be a promotion year :D

I'm using this tactic on a new Villa game. Going very well so far with 4 wins in 4, including a 1-0 win away against Man City. 8-1 in goal difference. Will do a proper update when I finish the season.

Archived