Apex Predator V2 - Tuned for 15.3

First game of the season tough one against Chelsea, lost 3-1 but no surprise there. What was surprising was afterward the board asked for a meeting and I got sacked! :-(

After 1 game?

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. We had a board meeting at the end of last season which I survived. Lost the first game of the new season to Chelsea (away) another meeting and they clearly didn't like what i said!

Probably for the first time I have reloaded a save as frankly sacking me after the first game of the season is ridiculous, even for the mad world of manager merry go round!

Yes. We had a board meeting at the end of last season which I survived. Lost the first game of the new season to Chelsea (away) another meeting and they clearly didn't like what i said!

Probably for the first time I have reloaded a save as frankly sacking me after the first game of the season is ridiculous, even for the mad world of manager merry go round!

It is Leeds though :lol:

This tactic being on Counter makes a HUGE difference from 99% of the tactic uploaded on various sites. They all use either Control or Attacking. People have started to lose hope it's possible to "plug and play" with something which is not insanely aggressive.

If Nemesis works as well as those super attacking tactics, then you deserve a lot of credit.

EDIT

I've tried it for a few games to see how it plays. I noticed one problem; the fullbacks offer almost no support, they're far too conservative. DLP naturally drops deeper, BtB pushes higher, both WM storm forward. So, when in possession, the team regularly becomes disjointed, split into two groups of 5, with huge space between them. Have you noticed that in your games?

This tactic being on Counter makes a HUGE difference from 99% of the tactic uploaded on various sites. They all use either Control or Attacking. People have started to lose hope it's possible to "plug and play" with something which is not insanely aggressive.

If Nemesis works as well as those super attacking tactics, then you deserve a lot of credit.

I think issue with 'Counter' is that it automatically drops the defensive line deep, which means if you mess up they are straight in on your goal and the GK may well be out of position as well.

By using 'much higher defensive line', when you mess up you have time to recover, average players tend lose control of the ball when attempting to dribble at speed and this slows them down enough for your Centre Backs to get back between them and the goal or make a challenge. Your GK has chance to set himself as well.

Looks horrendous when you get caught out though :lol:

The tactic played out quite differently in League 2, i got caught out a lot with teams correctly attacking the space behind my back 4, but due to a financial crisis i've literally run with the same team i had in the conference so player quality is an issue here, main thing is i still came out on top in a hell of a lot of games, enough to get an unexpected Auto promotion spot anyway.

I have my budgets for next year, £25k a week in wages and zero transfer budget, might be a season of consolidation. I think TV money in league 1 is half decent so if i stick to that budget and maybe have cup run i should be able to turn a nice profit and hopefully kick on again the season after.

EDIT

I've tried it for a few games to see how it plays. I noticed one problem; the fullbacks offer almost no support, they're far too conservative. DLP naturally drops deeper, BtB pushes higher, both WM storm forward. So, when in possession, the team regularly becomes disjointed, split into two groups of 5, with huge space between them. Have you noticed that in your games?

I kind of have noticed that but i don't view it as disjointed, half the team attacking, the other half available to re-cycle possession and cover is ok by me in this set up, i don't view the gap between the 2 units as being too large as during sustained attacks all outfield players are pretty much in the opponents half.

Its all in the eye of the beholder i guess :D

mr rosler have you noticed that you cant retrain player positions since last update or is it that my coaches are poor?

I'm on Classic version and you can on that.

Would be amazed if they missed that in the full game.

I'm on Classic version and you can on that.

Would be amazed if they missed that in the full game.

It is possible in full game also (i have done it with latest patch).

It depends a lot on players hidden attributes. Some learn new positions really quickly, some take ages and of course most are in between.

it is greyed out on my version for some reason

Really?

From where are you trying to do it?

If you go to players profile and select Development -> Training, you should be able to set it from there (and also from the individual training section).

Is it greyed out for all of your players?

Really?

From where are you trying to do it?

If you go to players profile and select Development -> Training, you should be able to set it from there (and also from the individual training section).

Is it greyed out for all of your players?

yeah thats were im doing it from all players greyed out my team is swansea

Anyone else having discipline issues, six games, four red cards, all second bookings. 2 for DLP and 2 for CD/D.

It seems weird because I've taken off 'Get stuck in' but I played with that all last season and had 2 reds all season.

I am using the older version on this tactic with slight modification - with a pair of DLF(s) and SS(a). Counter against better teams and control against the lesser ones. and yes I already figured out the part where fullbacks takes your corners. Both 15.3 and promotion to PL there is nothing stopping it and I finished 4th in my first season.

I am in my third season with Sheffield United and had immense success in PL and Euro Cup.

Though I have a pretty decent team but the following results are too good.

EURO Cup 2016-17_zpsjyvy3i7o.png

Sheff Utd v Barcelona_zpsfrprvsiq.png

@Mr U Rosler Just passed Christmas 2019/20 season. So far Nemesis is looking much, much better for me. Will report back with the final season result when I get there. But yes looking very good.

Cool, looking really good for me as well.

Will post up when finished season :thup:

OK, 3 promotions in 4 Seasons using the Nemesis counter attacking version of the tactic from post 142.

First season in League 1, predicted 24th and last, finished 4th and lost in play offs.

Lt80TJX.jpg

Second season in League 1, predicted 16th, comfortable title winners.

Rm3Briw.jpg

My Advanced Forward chipped in with 56 goals.

Ic5NPTs.jpg

Isn't that advanced forward a beast for League 1?

Picked him up on a free transfer from Margate in the Summer.

Was rated as decent for League 1 with a fair bit of potential.

He's kept fit, played every game and improved massively so he is indeed a beast for League 1 now.

Got lucky with him, had a few go the other way.

You see some good players down in the Lower Leagues and certainly in League 1. Seems to be mainly attackers, quality defenders and goal keepers are very hard to find in my save.

In fact was well aware my team was 'top heavy', a 4.5 star rated striker yet my best defender is 2.5 stars and keeper is 2 stars.

Seems to be mainly attackers, quality defenders and goal keepers are very hard to find in my save.

In fact was well aware my team was 'top heavy', a 4.5 star rated striker yet my best defender is 2.5 stars and keeper is 2 stars.

I think you can generalize that for this edition of FM... High rated defenders are so rare

Mr. Rosler, very early days using your Apex Predator but I think (I hope!) that you may have saved FM15 for me. For me this year has had far too many goals in all around. It's not been difficult to find a tactic that works but to find a solid tactic has been nigh on impossible (at least for me). I can score lots of goals, or the opponent can score lots of goals, or we BOTH score a lot of goals. I crave solidity. I've manged to come up with a decent defensive tactic using a halfback and a ball winning midfielder but struggled to score. I did use your first Apex 15.3 but still I found it far too leaky at both ends.

I'm playing as Colwyn Bay in the Vanarama North and was doing okay (8th - predicted 22nd) but since switching to Apex Predator have won four on the bounce, but more importantly for me, have only conceded 2 goals. And they were from only 3 or 4 shots on target during those games. Impressive. Stockport at home we won 2-0 and they had 0-0 for shots! I love it!

The number of chances created is MUCH more realistic, more like 11/5 v 9/3

Hopefully this can be the solid, reliable tactic I've been searching for. I'll keep you updated. Thanks again.

Mr. Rosler, very early days using your Apex Predator but I think (I hope!) that you may have saved FM15 for me. For me this year has had far too many goals in all around. It's not been difficult to find a tactic that works but to find a solid tactic has been nigh on impossible (at least for me). I can score lots of goals, or the opponent can score lots of goals, or we BOTH score a lot of goals. I crave solidity. I've manged to come up with a decent defensive tactic using a halfback and a ball winning midfielder but struggled to score. I did use your first Apex 15.3 but still I found it far too leaky at both ends.

I'm playing as Colwyn Bay in the Vanarama North and was doing okay (8th - predicted 22nd) but since switching to Apex Predator have won four on the bounce, but more importantly for me, have only conceded 2 goals. And they were from only 3 or 4 shots on target during those games. Impressive. Stockport at home we won 2-0 and they had 0-0 for shots! I love it!

The number of chances created is MUCH more realistic, more like 11/5 v 9/3

Hopefully this can be the solid, reliable tactic I've been searching for. I'll keep you updated. Thanks again.

Thanks for the feedback, bear in mind i went a lot better in lower leagues with the Counter tactic on post 142.

Mr. Rosler, very early days using your Apex Predator but I think (I hope!) that you may have saved FM15 for me. For me this year has had far too many goals in all around. It's not been difficult to find a tactic that works but to find a solid tactic has been nigh on impossible (at least for me). I can score lots of goals, or the opponent can score lots of goals, or we BOTH score a lot of goals.

You're absolutely right. If you just glance at various forums where people upload supposedly plug and play tactics, 99% of them are super attacking, high pressing run-and-gun tactics. Yes, they occasionally win trophies, but it's just a path of overwhelming the AI box and hoping they won't counter you to death. There are almost no balanced tactics about.

I started my current save with two different tactics sets combined.

Currently i am only running Mr U Roslers tactics, both the original Predator + the counter version.

I am getting very realistic results, but i still manage to beat bigger teams also.

The way i use them now is that the "Original Predator" is for home matches and "Counter Predator" is for away matches.

I will run that way to the rest of this season and see how it goes.

I am updating my career on the FMCU forum, next update i post there will be having matches played only with these two tactics.

Just a thought, Mr U Rosler, have you tried putting your fullbacks on Attack in home games (at least until you go a goal up)? It's more risky, but could give you more offensive potency.

I have a mental block about having all 4 players on the flanks on Attack Duty, too scary for me.

If anything you could drop the wide midfielders to 'Support', they are set up to run inside anyway so if you had the Full Backs on Attack they should overlap nicely..... IN THEORY.

Pretty happy with the attacking play, if i was to change anything i'd look at the Support Striker as his goals/assists ratio is not as high as i'd like although i know he does a lot of great work, deep, which can go unnoticed.

Thanks for the feedback, bear in mind i went a lot better in lower leagues with the Counter tactic on post 142.

Ah, yes, the Nemesis one. That's the one I'm using, soooo much more solid. The one in the OP brings success (at least in the Prem) but this one is much more, dare I say, realistic in terms of chances created and scorelines. And still gets great results!

You're my hero. At least for today.

i seem to get dominated away by big teams, im man u and so far chelsea, man city, arsenal and liverpool twice have destroyed me away. i tried to put it on counter but that just seemed to make me soak up the pressure until they score

i seem to get dominated away by big teams, im man u and so far chelsea, man city, arsenal and liverpool twice have destroyed me away. i tried to put it on counter but that just seemed to make me soak up the pressure until they score

Have you downloaded the counter tactic Mr U Rosler made or did you just change the original tactic to counter?

Now, here's an interesting / incredibly annoying thing.

Using your Nemesis has brought me great success with Colwyn Bay, stormed to the VN title and after 12 games we are top of the VC. Just started my new game and as usual, despite having been on a great run when I saved it last night, we lost the first game after loading up. This has been such a common event over many years of playing FM that I always allow myself a second chance.

Now, I'm top, I'm playing Ebbsfleet at home, they are 18th. I'm 4-7 favourites to win the game.

I lost the second game also. Normally I just carry on at this point but something about it really bugged me so I loaded up again, and again, and again.

Get this, I'm now loading up for the 13th time and have still not managed to beat them...

14th...

15th...

The crazy thing is that if I was a crap side playing a better team in the FA Cup I'd still expect to have beaten them at least once if I played them so may times. This is a team I should be beating comfortably! And every game has only 1 goal difference in it. If I don't score they only get 1. If I get 2 they get 3! It's completely bonkers.

16th...

17th...

18th...

I'm only going to twenty. My sanity can't take it.

EVERYBODY CALM DOWN! 19th attempt and I'm 2-0 up at half time...

Hallelujah! a 2-1 win! They came storming back in the 2nd half but we clung on.

Ridiculous. I mean that. Literally ridiculous.

Now, here's an interesting / incredibly annoying thing.

Using your Nemesis has brought me great success with Colwyn Bay, stormed to the VN title and after 12 games we are top of the VC. Just started my new game and as usual, despite having been on a great run when I saved it last night, we lost the first game after loading up. This has been such a common event over many years of playing FM that I always allow myself a second chance.

Now, I'm top, I'm playing Ebbsfleet at home, they are 18th. I'm 4-7 favourites to win the game.

I lost the second game also. Normally I just carry on at this point but something about it really bugged me so I loaded up again, and again, and again.

Get this, I'm now loading up for the 13th time and have still not managed to beat them...

14th...

15th...

The crazy thing is that if I was a crap side playing a better team in the FA Cup I'd still expect to have beaten them at least once if I played them so may times. This is a team I should be beating comfortably! And every game has only 1 goal difference in it. If I don't score they only get 1. If I get 2 they get 3! It's completely bonkers.

16th...

17th...

18th...

I'm only going to twenty. My sanity can't take it.

EVERYBODY CALM DOWN! 19th attempt and I'm 2-0 up at half time...

Hallelujah! a 2-1 win! They came storming back in the 2nd half but we clung on.

Ridiculous. I mean that. Literally ridiculous.

Interesting, when did you save, the Match Day itself?

Guaranteed you are set up for a complacent performance, when i'm top of the league playing bottom , it amazing how often i lose that game :thup:

Hi Mr. Rosler,

Yeah, saved it just before the match. After 3 fails I started to change my players around but it had no effect. I've noticed that trend too, this year more than ever is the slip-ups against lower placed teams are far more common.

Of course after a few games I also noticed that the version has been updated overnight to 15.3.2 Knowing what FM patches are like I immediately went and checked it out but it seems a very minor change, not affecting the ME at all, but still, y'know, paranoia and all that...

Hi Mr. Rosler,

Yeah, saved it just before the match. After 3 fails I started to change my players around but it had no effect. I've noticed that trend too, this year more than ever is the slip-ups against lower placed teams are far more common.

Of course after a few games I also noticed that the version has been updated overnight to 15.3.2 Knowing what FM patches are like I immediately went and checked it out but it seems a very minor change, not affecting the ME at all, but still, y'know, paranoia and all that...

Works the other way round though.

I've just had tough year first year in the Championship, finished 17th in the end yet it was my form against the big boys that kept me up, they obviously rocked up thinking they could just show up and turn us over, dished out some bloody noses.

Although it was a tough season, had an absolute blast.

Not sure how i'm supposed to make ends meet in the Championship, £1 million pounds worth of expenditure every month of which only £250,000 is wages, £300,000 in TV money and 2 home gates of 4,000 a month coming in the other end, hemorrhaging money.

If i don't go up this season, have a lucrative cup run or get taken over by a sugar daddy i'm gonna have to sell one of my 3 star players.

i'm gonna have to sell one of my 3 star players.

LOL, I just had my first job offer from Forest Green. I'm 2nd and they're bottom but one. I know exactly the problem you're facing. I'm only getting crowds of 170-80. I'm hoping it's because the stadium is being redeveloped this season to come in line with regs. This season I've had no problem picking up frees and loans who are 3.5 - 4 stars current ability and 5 stars potential. Definitely need a cup run though.

Ebbsfleet just offered me an interview as well. I may well take a job if things get really tough but at the moment I'm hanging tough. Even if I did just get hammered 5-0 at home by Altrincham. First time that's ever happened using Nemesis.

loving the Nemesis for away games Rosler

i use somebody elses tactic for home games though, Brendan Rogers 4-1-2-1-2

but yours way is getting me fantastic results, the reason i don't use it at home is because i have a very large squad and playing a narrower formation gives some hot prospect AMC's a game and a HALFback, i can't fit them into your 4-4-2 :D

good work again

Is it possible for someone to list the Team instructions for the Apex? Can't download onto the new iPad FMC so have to create by hand.

Here you go:

Shorter Passing

Passing into Space

Exploit The Middle

Play Narrower

Much Higher Defensive Line

Close Down More

Get Stuck In

Use Tighter Marking

Use Offside Trap

Higher Tempo

Here you go:

Shorter Passing

Passing into Space

Exploit The Middle

Play Narrower

Much Higher Defensive Line

Close Down More

Get Stuck In

Use Tighter Marking

Use Offside Trap

Higher Tempo

Thanks DJ.

He will also need the Player Instructions, i will try and get to that later but a bit busy at the moment.

Thanks DJ.

He will also need the Player Instructions, i will try and get to that later but a bit busy at the moment.

Player instructions:

Go on the field and win the match :)

Or:

GL : Distribute to Full Backs / Take short kicks

DR/L : Stay wider / Run wide with the ball

DC: Close down less / Pass it shorter

DLP: Close down less / more direct passes

B2B: Tackle harder / Close down much more

WM R/L: Tackle harder / Sit Narrower / Cut inside with the ball / Close down much more

DLF: Tackle harder / Close down much more

AF: Tackle harder / Close down much more

That's all if I'm not mistaken? Good luck!

Archived